Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
well nevermind then i was mistaken!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Riptor posted:

well nevermind then i was mistaken!

I hope you get fired for that blunder

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Oh cool more Moe episodes. Just what we need after all the Moe changes the bar to something, Moe becomes a poet, and Moe’s dishrag has a backstory episodes.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

SEX BURRITO posted:

Oh cool more Moe episodes. Just what we need after all the Moe changes the bar to something, Moe becomes a poet, and Moe’s dishrag has a backstory episodes.

Listen, I really need to see the deep and rich lore of Moe's magic talking shotgun that only the noose in the back can hear and talk to, okay? And at least one of them better be played by one of the Gorillaz.

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
Maybe Moe gets a cell phone

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

2. Politically Correct Bedtime Stories is a book from 1994. It's a 24 year old joke.

The joke is way older than that. Benny Hill was doing something similar back in the 60s or 70s or whenever.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
'lisa prolapses'

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

How do they keep getting celebrities on their show, haven't they heard it's poo poo now

Houle
Oct 21, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

How do they keep getting celebrities on their show, haven't they heard it's poo poo now

Same reason why the tonight show went from having interesting guests during the Johnny Carson era to having nothing but someone who wants to promote a book or movie. The quality doesn't matter, it's part of the advertising blitz. Probably google hits.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
hey guys remember something we did 25 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poW_X8VbrTM

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Ein cooler Typ posted:

This is happening with increasing frequency. I just tried watching one a few days ago where Homer gets the Pin Pals back together. Except this time it's Moe, Lenny, and Barney or something.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

One of the very recent episodes had them sing a parody of those were the days again, but with 90's references. I literally can't tell if that's meant to be funny or a troll.

At least with Family Guy you can tell they hate their audience.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

The Simpsons is the new Family Guy.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Great News Everyone!

As AI evolves and gets more powerful in the future computers will be able to generate new Simpsons episodes for us! Simpsons will run forever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=688Vv86n0z8

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I have to say that Lisa's expression while waiting for the song to end was pretty much the same as mine

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
WHY DOES BART SING IN THAT VOICE IF HES A loving TEENAGER

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I’m the Mr. Sparkle pillow

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/theharryshearer/status/984872912409817088

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

now who's being naive?

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan
Any of the various episodes where they delve into hip-hop culture are collectively the lowest point of the Simpsons. There have been a lot of low loving points, but those are by far the worst.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

BLARGHLE posted:

Any of the various episodes where they delve into hip-hop culture are collectively the lowest point of the Simpsons. There have been a lot of low loving points, but those are by far the worst.

the episode where bart goes to the rap battle and... rap battles and 50 cent guest stars is just so, so bad

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

Code Jockey posted:

the episode where bart goes to the rap battle and... rap battles and 50 cent guest stars is just so, so bad

what, you mean nancy cartright doing a clean, freestyle rap wasn't cool?

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

abigserve posted:

If you seriously think apu is an example of a racist stereotype I don't even know what to say

Indian: the most oppressed minority. Just ask the Bangladeshi people!

yeah they couldve made him unwashed, rude and try to haggle every product they buy

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is Mel Blanc a racist for doing this voice

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMZfCar-Ks8

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Code Jockey posted:

SKINNER! I order you to step off!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Is Mel Blanc a racist for doing this voice

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMZfCar-Ks8

Lol at the comments, "People need to stop being offended", "This is a cartoon, supposed to amuse you, not a political statement, get over yourselves!' etc, to a man

Duder this was absolutely a gigantic and absolutely well-earned slag on the revanchist south, how are you capable of not seeing it that way.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

WHY DOES BART SING IN THAT VOICE IF HES A loving TEENAGER

Isn't he supposed to be 10 still?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That’s a rough 10

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BLARGHLE posted:

oh god id collectively blocked those episodes from my memory.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The one where Bart sneaks out to a rap concert is especially stupid because they try to act like he's always been a fan of hip hop but it had literally never come up before or since.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
When Bart fell down a well Homer said he was a big Sting fan but it never came up before or after.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

The one where Bart sneaks out to a rap concert is especially stupid because they try to act like he's always been a fan of hip hop but it had literally never come up before or since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MctUo-tP52Q

Ein cooler Typ posted:

When Bart fell down a well Homer said he was a big Sting fan but it never came up before or after.

I feel it's pretty established that Homer's a dad rock fan

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

muscles like this! posted:

He had the MC Hammer megaphone thing though. So if you really squint and force the idea... it's still not much.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Flinger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MctUo-tP52Q

I feel it's pretty established that Homer's a dad rock fan

That’s because music achieved perfection in 1974, it’s a scientific fact

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Anyone have a clip of brockman saying "if the box rattles, throw it away!"? I need to post it in a different thread

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

imagine trying to defend the comedy genius of 'an indian shopkeeper'

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
And man, regardless of whether you think badly aged stereotypes are a big deal to you or not, I gotta say that a response from the show itself on the level of "checkmate, SJWs!!!" is just goddamn pathetic. Once you are lame enough to be praised by huge swaths of internet bottom feeders for how you are sticking it to the oversensitive masses or whatever, you've really hosed up. I mean said bottom feeders are also incredibly lame on several levels, one of which is that they apparently give a sincere poo poo about modern Simpsons, but yeah.

It's super strange and unfun to see a show that used to offend particularly conservative mindsets the most make a full 180 and get praised by the internet edition of said particularly conservative mindsets.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Ritznit posted:

It's super strange and unfun to see a show that used to offend particularly conservative mindsets the most make a full 180 and get praised by the internet edition of said particularly conservative mindsets.

The Simpsons failed to die a hero.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
thank you come again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Rascar Capac posted:

The Simpsons failed to die a hero.

It is the rotting undead husk of a loved one, kept alive by equal parts desperation by its writers and a desire for easy money from its owners. We need to stage an intervention. With holy water and stakes. Or maybe we just whip any Simpsons DVDs we see next time we visit a store.