Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Let's talk about how good star citizen is, I'll begin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Daztek posted:

And furthermore, Day Late Gamer with Will has some things he’d like to add to that...

The purgatorial aspects of 3.1.1 missions are demonstrated pretty humorously here, as Will flies a delivery to Levski with the simplest of goals, “get this single box of Cargo to the designated delivery point before the timer runs out...”

Yet complications ensue, and those complications have complications. Thank goodness he sets video playback to 16x during much of this or it really would’ve been too long to endure viewing...

G0RF fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Apr 12, 2018

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Apparently someone in the 40K thread has a particularly specific set of issues with what I have said.

Did they try to argue the game was good again? I've seen that argument before. The trick is to lure them into Infinity with bad titty sculpts and then get them into the badass Haqqislam or Ariadna guys. Or XWang.

XK posted:

Just be careful with the ammonia, guys. Ammonia isn't the greatest thing for most metals, and many seals, plastics, rubber, wood, etc.

Yeah you run it through the barrel and immediately clean it. Just the barrel on that note. Can't be any worse than the weeks I spent using denatured alcohol to clear the goddamn cosmoline off. Cleaning rod -> windex -> Cleaning rod -> Normal cleaning routine.

Hey guys, we need to pitch surplus guns and cleaning routines to CIG. They can scalp millions when some nerd fucks up and 2x4 bolts his space K98k and has to buy a new one because he doesn't know how to unfuck his gun before he dies.

Nebiros fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 12, 2018

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Daztek posted:

Also:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Quavers posted:

Newest episode of the Expanse was good

Season 3 hype?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Kosumo posted:

gently caress off gun talk .... nothing to do with Star Citizen or dead gay comedy. (Unless you massacre people in a gay night club, which is what guns get used for.)

Gun talk is the most boring thing this thread produces. More boring than reminding you to call your parents and to tell them you love Dr. Smart.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Ban gun talk unban anime.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

TWITTER: New Concept Sale tomorrow]

I can sense the cracking buzz of anticipation the air already. Can’t wait for tomorrow’s ATV to end the suspense!

I know too much.

That's the wing of an Anvil Carrack.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Star Citizer: Intimate Knowledge

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Pixelate posted:

Star Citizer: Stimtimate Knowledge

:smugbert:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Zzr posted:

Ban gun talk unban anime.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Daztek posted:

And furthermore:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

AlbieQuirky posted:

The Dollop episode about barbed wire is pretty good, despite Dave's determination never to look up the pronunciation of a word.

That's every Dollop though.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Sabreseven posted:

And furthermore:

Did you know that every dollar donated to SC is worth four dollars compared to the traditional publisher system? CR doesnt use marketing or third parties for the project.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Bootcha posted:

I know too much.

You really should the word "Promotion" or "Stupid people money milking". Iirc CIG prefers the first one.
e: i meant gorf ofc

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Zzr posted:

Gun talk is the most boring thing this thread produces. More boring than reminding you to call your parents and to tell them you love Dr. Smart.
I refuse to believe they're more boring than toast.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Guys, it's not a "sale" or have you all forgotten how terminology works?!?!?!

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
So Orion Span are opening the doors to a Space hotel in 2022, in Space. For the cost of a few completionist packages you can actually vacation in the Aurora station in a real life wank pod. Let that sink in for a minute.You can actually go to space long before Star citizen will be out of Alpha

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

G0RF posted:

And furthermore, Day Late Gamer with Will has some things he’d like to add to that...

The purgatorial aspects of 3.1.1 missions are demonstrated pretty humorously here, as Will flies a delivery to Levski with the simplest of goals, “get this single box of Cargo to the designated delivery point before the timer runs out...”

Yet complications ensue, and those complications have complications. Thank goodness he sets video playback to 16x during much of this or it really would’ve been too long to endure viewing...

We gonna see Starfield at E3 this year, Gorf?!

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

G0RF posted:

TWITTER: New Concept Sale tomorrow]

I can sense the cracking buzz of anticipation the air already. Can’t wait for tomorrow’s ATV to end the suspense!

Looking at the reply's they will never ever become bankrupt those morons will keep buying until the end of time.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Pixelate posted:

Star Citizer: Intimate Knowledge

Star Citizer : Not-So-Smart Imitation

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Orions Lord posted:

Looking at the reply's they will never ever become bankrupt those morons will keep buying until the end of time.

On the one hand, yes. To be an active backer after seeing this progress in the span of six years can be an indication that you are complete moron.
On the other hand, if CIG doesn't have at least a hundred of their grunts to post positive comments and shill for the company on a daily basis especially on their own tweets and youtube videos (and from multiple accounts) I'd be *very* surprised.

Those sleazy jpeg pushers are for sure doing this and much much worse.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

EightAce posted:

So Orion Span are opening the doors to a Space hotel in 2022, in Space. For the cost of a few completionist packages you can actually vacation in the Aurora station in a real life wank pod. Let that sink in for a minute.You can actually go to space long before Star citizen will be out of Alpha

will lord british or cr be the first in line?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

intardnation posted:

Derek will, obviously.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

intardnation posted:

Apparently you can actually clip through the walls as well using revolutionary AR tech designed for full immersion

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Daztek posted:

We gonna see Starfield at E3 this year, Gorf?!

they have stated that elder scrolls is a few years off and they finished up fallout. What else does TH have to show?
I do hope they take time to make a new engine though.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

Zzr posted:

Ban guns, mandatory anime talk.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Kosumo posted:

gently caress off gun talk .... nothing to do with Star Citizen or dead gay comedy. (Unless you massacre people in a gay night club, which is what guns get used for.)

Lol

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

intardnation posted:

they have stated that elder scrolls is a few years off and they finished up fallout. What else does TH have to show?
I do hope they take time to make a new engine though.

I would not be surprised if they just keep building on their existing one for several more years. It's too easy to use existing data formats, add a few graphical effects here and there and let modders sort out the bugs as usual

Admiral Snackbar
Mar 13, 2006

OUR SNEEZE SHIELDS CANNOT REPEL A HUNGER OF THAT MAGNITUDE

These could both have the same caption:

"Let That Be Your Last Cattlefield"

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
unban handre

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

AutismVaccine posted:

Season 3 hype?

:dance:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Admiral Snackbar posted:

These could both have the same caption:

"Let That Be Your Last Cattlefield"

Nice.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Kosumo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICG0MuzEYzw

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Daztek posted:

I like how there is just enough Argon.
Not too much, never less, just the perfect amount.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

happyhippy posted:

I like how there is just enough Argon.
Not too much, never less, just the perfect amount.

I like how 180 million dollars Argon and there's nothing to show for it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Bootcha posted:

I know too much.

There's some disagreement over what it might be on reddit. CIG confirmed on twitter that it's a new ship, which makes it another concept sale.

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/984240770600222720

Reddit seems to think they're monetizing one of the The Next Great Starship rejects:

If that's the case, it'll mark an interesting change in their concept ship strategy. If I were really :tinfoil: I'd say perhaps they're in desperate need of cash and don't have the time to wait for the "hundreds of thousands of man hours" it takes for one of their team members to draw a space outhouse or whatever. Also, from that same thread on reddit there's a beautiful example of Star Citizens not seeing why we laugh at them:

quote:

So. While this could upset people i think its just effing amazing.

In 2016 i was at a bar citizen CR attended, and i asked him about how many were involved, how long, and what it took to get the idris in play. So, get this, approx 4 - 6 people were working on this in various stages for 2 years. Not including the special effects , sound etc.

Thats 5 people, assuming 2080 hrs per year, 20800 man hours of work for just the blockouts, and design to get to a point sq42 mission design aboard the idris can begin. Armchair math of 75k per dev (after benefits) , the idris cost 375k to design.

Realistically, 500k went into dev of this ship. Thats just too loving cool.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Nebiros posted:

Did they try to argue the game was good again? I've seen that argument before. The trick is to lure them into Infinity with bad titty sculpts and then get them into the badass Haqqislam or Ariadna guys. Or XWang.

8th is the best edition of 40K since 3rd. Plus GW has been oddly awesome in the last year. Infinity and X-Wang are also amazing.

Honestly I will take gun talk over Derekchat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Honestly I will take gun talk over Derekchat.

Star Citizen and Dr Smart are now inextricably linked, thanks mostly to Chris Roberts.