Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Field Mousepad posted:

Ugly delicious is really good. I haven't been into a cooking show this much ever

It veers off a bit too much into politics in the second half of the season imo, but I'd definitely be interested in watching another season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I'm also very much in love with Rene so that might be skewing things a bit.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Basebf555 posted:

It veers off a bit too much into politics in the second half of the season imo, but I'd definitely be interested in watching another season.

I'm gonna try not to go I to a huge derail but immigration is a huge deal in the restaurant industry and I'm glad the show addresses it. I've spent a lot of years in kitchens and met people and made friends from all over the world and I'm a better person for it.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Just finished The Expanse season 2 and it was far better than the first season, which was also quite good. Great story, compelling characters, and plot shifts that seem earned and genuine.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Series of Unfortunate Events is fuckin great.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

tweet my meat posted:

Series of Unfortunate Events is fuckin great.

Season 1 was great, season 2 is positively dreadful :wink:

Can't wait for season 3 (as a non-bookreader)

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Neil Patrick Harris is so good as count olaf. All the casting is spot on really.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

tweet my meat posted:

Neil Patrick Harris is so good as count olaf. All the casting is spot on really.

It's an incredibly good adaptation, and good source material to begin with. It's got that Roald Dahl-esque balance between acknowledging the horror of the world while still being hopeful and wickedly funny, without nearly as much of the personal baggage of, well, Roald Dahl. :v:

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Season 2 of Preacher was just added to Hulu. I'm about halfway through it already, that show is very good (even if this season feels a bit disjointed at times).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sarchasm posted:

Season 2 of Preacher was just added to Hulu. I'm about halfway through it already, that show is very good (even if this season feels a bit disjointed at times).

Oh hell yeah I've been waiting for that! I loved season 1 (not a comic reader) and the premiere of season 2 was almost better than every episode of S1. I know what I'm binging tonight :420:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If Crazy Ex-Girlfriend didn't already have a Young Rachel, Carmelita Spats's actress would be perfect.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

precision posted:

Oh hell yeah I've been waiting for that! I loved season 1 (not a comic reader) and the premiere of season 2 was almost better than every episode of S1. I know what I'm binging tonight :420:

The opening sequence of Season 2 is the best ten minutes of television I've seen in years.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sarchasm posted:

The opening sequence of Season 2 is the best ten minutes of television I've seen in years.

I literally just watched it and came here to post that. :hf:

"It's a good song..."

Man I don't remember any of this, maybe I only dreamed I already watched the pilot.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Has anyone watched Britannia on Amazon yet? I got halfway through the pilot and fell asleep- it didn't seem that interesting and I am unsure if it improves.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Unzip and Attack posted:

Has anyone watched Britannia on Amazon yet? I got halfway through the pilot and fell asleep- it didn't seem that interesting and I am unsure if it improves.

Yeah, that's about as far as I made it. The premise is fascinating. The execution, not so much. It's trying to be Vikings season 1, but it's more Vikings season 9.

Which, I know Vikings is on season 6, but given the downward spiral the show has been on for a couple of seasons now, Brittania is about where I expect Vikings will be in season 9.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

We watched The Brand New Testament on prime the other day, and I’d recommend it.

Basically, God’s real and a complete a-hole, so his daughter breaks into his office and releases the predetermed death dates of everyone before escaping their apartment. It was sweet and kinda sad at the same time. Also a woman buys, fucks, and has a baby with a gorilla

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Honestly just lead with that last sentence and people will probably be curious enough to check it out.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

The Andre the Giant doc that came out last night on HBO is fantastic.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
106 beers LMAO

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Unzip and Attack posted:

106 beers LMAO

What a lightweight

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
La Casa de Papel:Man, that show's handling of Berlin was so weird. First, he's a psychopath that everyone hates. Then: oh no, we're leaving Berlin behind while he drags his sex slave into danger! So sad!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
The Little Hours is available to watch on Prime. It stars Aubrey Plaza, Allison Brie, Dave Franco, Kate Micucci, John C. Reilly, Fred Armisen, Nick Offerman, Molly Shannon, Paul Reiser and Adam Palley. It's based on a 13th century novella about nuns at a convent dealing with a man pretending to be a deaf mute. Or really, it's based on a recent translation of that novella where the dialogue was written anachronistically, and it's absolutely hilarious.

I kind of can't stop thinking about the movie.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Throw me all your Best Documentary Ever recs for what's currently streaming.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
The Farthest

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
Exit Through the Gift Shop

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Unmature posted:

The Titan is a solid documentary.

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

Icarus

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Unmature posted:

These tend to show up on Netflix / Amazon / etc.:

Hoop Dreams
The Thin Blue Line
Sherman's March
Ken Burns' The Civil War
Grey Gardens
The King of Kong
Grizzly Man
Senna

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I don’t know if it’s the best ever, but The Wolf Pack is a really fascinating documentary

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Up the Yangtze on Amazon prime

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Unmature posted:

Tower. I think it’s still up on Netflix. It’s about the UT Austin shooting.

tweet my meat posted:

Honestly just lead with that last sentence and people will probably be curious enough to check it out.

I mean, that was certainly the last thing I ever expected to happen in that movie.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Apr 12, 2018

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LadyPictureShow posted:

Tower. I think it’s still up on Netflix. It’s about the UT Austin shooting.

OOH! That is a good one. I caught it on PBS last year.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The American dream trump documentary is actually quite good. Informative to say the least.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
If you have HBO, their David Bowie: The Last Five Years one was really good.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Unmature posted:

Happy People: A Year In The Taiga by Herzog (Netflix). It never got a huge amount of buzz but it's one of the most fascinating culture studies I've come across.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Marathon: The Patriots Day Bombing (HBO Now) is a pretty legit documentary. I was living in MA when all that went down (five years already, Jesus) and it does a great job of showing the effect on the victims and also the manhunt. There’s stuff on there I remember hearing while I was glued to the police scanner for days on end. I wish one of these docs would cover the time period where no one knew what the gently caress was going on, though.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The Search for Weng Weng on Night Flight Plus

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Sock The Great posted:

Exit Through the Gift Shop

This is essential viewing.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I think Orson Welle’s F is for Fake is still on Kanopy for anyone with access, and is pretty incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If you're up for some incredibly soul-crushing despair, The Great Happiness Space is one of the best docs I've ever seen. Should still be on Netflix.