Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Gunshow Poophole posted:

sources are reporting that a succ zoner is, as we post, in the process of reviving the periodicals thread in cspam form and this is my exact take to be included

:frogsiren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

what i'm getting from this is, bernie should be god-emperor of mankind

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
long live the new flesh

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

so much ball-sitting

e: whoops i misread, but i guess my comment still applies from another angle

who are the balls involved, its for u 2 decide

a very yinlock post

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

said this in trump thread a bunch of times

its dying because cyberspace is that frontier and there's no real sovereignty when it comes to information undermining and challenging notions and values

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

if democracy is supposed to give voters some control over their own conditions, for instance, should a US election not involve most people on earth? What would American political discourse look like, if it had to satisfy voters in Iraq or Afghanistan?

This is maybe the second or third time I've heard this sentiment expressed - that if America is going to occupy Afghanistan forever, then perhaps Afghans should have a voice in the American political process. It's almost always in the context of wishful thinking, but it does highlight how much of a joke the current system is.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/gangster_popeye/status/984373905736351745

e: https://twitter.com/gangster_popeye/status/984371929493602305

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
the succ is coming from inside the zone

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I can fix this.

First knock down all the walls, the whole floor is moving to a single open plan design with workstations in adjoining pods.

Then all the phones will be speakerphone only, max volume.

Lastly if you wish to talk to anyone on the floor you must speak through the megaphone on your desk.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

the nation-state’s dyin’ cloud!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Jazerus posted:

what i'm getting from this is, bernie should be god-emperor of mankind

Ruling from the maple throne and guiding mankind through the stars with the light of the dankest memes

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

the succ is coming from inside the zone

Suckzo's suck zone, where succ is in the zone

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lawman 0 posted:

Ruling from the maple throne and guiding mankind through the stars with the light of the dankest memes

fighting the forces of chaos and the hillary heresy? i can dig that.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(but we all know it's gonna be about huffing paint and rules-lawyering on whether or not your bernie-bro figurine is within blast radius)

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
That article sure is some liberal poo poo. I stopped reading around the part where like, hey, maybe empires weren't democratic but at least they looked out for their subjects maaaan.

As long as there is imperialism there will be nation-states demarcated by borders, because imperialism is the enforced supremacy of "rich" countries over "poor" countries.

Political corruption in the West is not being inflicted by trans-national forces, but by four decades of deliberate policy.

Capital flight from the USA is not going to happen. Yes, a fat American can use the internet to send dick picks to underage girls in Thailand. Hooray for global communication. America is still the seat of empire though, and they're not going to rule it by remote. Neither Europe nor China are credible alternatives on that front just yet. Also the super-rich kind of want to build their palaces in America instead of Angola. They'll piss and moan about the government confiscating a big chunk of their assets but they'll suck it up because they do not in fact have anywhere else to go.

I think liberals are just genuinely starting to believe their own bullshit about how anti-worker phenomena like constant financial crises, tax havens, offshoring, private equity plundering, pension looting, and climate change are all natural and irresistible forces, like the weather, with mere national governments being powerless to stop them. As opposed to these things all being consequences of a deliberate policy of wealth transfer.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

THIS IS SO SAD

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

another failed dem nom weighing in on pompeo

https://twitter.com/algore/status/984430983750578176

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
you're partly right, but partly wrong. that 'deliberate policy' that transnational capital/allowed tax evasion was created by capital gaining a decisive advantage in the class war, through globalization. out-sourcing was used to weaken labor, which translated into a weaker political opposition to the interests of capital, which allowed more capital-friendly policies to pass through.

the part of the article that is trash, is that it presents the growing authoritarian trend as a backlash against internationalization in the abstract, rather than people trying to obtain guarantees of material security, in a global market, where wealth and position is precarious, and the threat of a foreign country dumping products is ever present.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/984435556288487425?s=19

This is a good tweet.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah that sums it up pretty well

I tend to describe neoliberalism as "trying to solve every problem in existence by shuffling money around between various rich people while looking down your nose at anyone who tries to do anything else ever" but that politics-as-a-skill thing is pretty fuckin' apt

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/politico/status/984196949548195841

"left-leaning" :thunk:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
liberalism with MSNBC characteristics

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
e: gently caress

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
"access to quality healthcare" plus "medicare for all"

this is the "porque no los dos" of political messaging

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

loquacius posted:

Yeah that sums it up pretty well

I tend to describe neoliberalism as "trying to solve every problem in existence by shuffling money around between various rich people while looking down your nose at anyone who tries to do anything else ever" but that politics-as-a-skill thing is pretty fuckin' apt

Hey man, you can't just "build" libraries!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

TPP is back, and bad dems in 2020 are going to defend it really hard by pretending trump's implementation is Obama's

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nonsense posted:

TPP is back, and bad dems in 2020 are going to defend it really hard by pretending trump's implementation is Obama's

We have to combat China's economic imperialism :qq:

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Prepare for even more concern-trolling about China's AUTHORITARIAN REGIME, when it comes to TPP and "pivoting to Asia."

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
LOL god damnit Trump you had ONE THING that made you better than Hillary and you’re loving even that up.

AstheWorldWorlds
May 4, 2011

Frijolero posted:

Prepare for even more concern-trolling about China's AUTHORITARIAN REGIME, when it comes to TPP and "pivoting to Asia."

Authoritarianism is such a useless, overused term. Basically just means "poo poo I don't like" now.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Frijolero posted:

will the dems be able to run a hat trick in 2020 of presidential candidates that supported nafta, PNTR with china, the tpp, and the iraq war

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

Authoritarianism is such a useless, overused term. Basically just means "poo poo I don't like" now.

This is what every vaguely negative political descriptor means and has always meant.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

AstheWorldWorlds posted:

You misspelled “populism”.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lol @ hillary helping mike pompeo with his sec of state comfirmation hearing. the political class helps their own.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/cathymyerswi/status/916004067662376960?s=21

https://twitter.com/cathymyerswi/status/916004463898488832?s=21

https://twitter.com/cathymyerswi/status/916004523402870786?s=21

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
ethered

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fisher-price whiskeyjuvenile

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

lmbo he's so loving stupid

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
the DCCC is struggling mightily to prevent the true progressive in WI-01 from winning the nomination, it’s sad really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Iron never lies

• Locked thread