Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Yea that entire problem is solved by having good positioning. Like who cares if they are behind a ridge, just go behind your ridge or cover and flank or retreat. If you aren't travelling with cover in mind then of course you are going to get jumped by people using their cover properly. Plus you shouldn't be hiding behind trees and stuff when the actual terrain of Miramar is so good for cover. There is so much natural cover just from the bumpy terrain.

Like sure the terrain is buggy but also its really bad to get into an extended firefight with people who definitely have a solid advantage with positioning. Better to just retreat or flank, especially with how bad most people are at long range shooting.

Also Erangel is definitely the easy mode map. You can spot people easily, the terrain is way less complicated, and the buildings are generally more defensible. Plus you can pretty much point a vehicle at the white circle and hold W while turbo boosting the whole time and not have to worry about flipping or getting stuck like you would on Miramar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I was hardly called out in my first post, people just wanted to joke about me being bad at the game. I brought deathcam into it because I've seen firsthand how skewed each person's perspective is: from my side, all I see is a head, from their side, it's almost as if they're cresting the ridge. It doesn't add up. My point was never "I hate Miramar because people are tactically better than me", I've died tonnes of time to people in Erangel who just straight up outplay me and that's fine. It's the fact that all these deaths I encounter in Miramar all share the same issue: floating heads on ridgelines, but deathcam showing a completely different story. Makes it feel completely unfair, and doesn't leave me feeling like I was outplayed or outsmarted.

Your shot in the clip you posted was cool and all, but it doesn't really have any relevance to what I'm talking about. Aye, you killed the dude, but I guarantee if he killed you and you watched deathcam, the perspectives would have been out of sync.

I'm gonna drop the subject though so it doesn't turn into pages of back and forth arguments about me just being bad, and me saying it's a bug. Next time I'll retreat, but in those situations, the reason I don't retreat is because I know I'll be gunned down if I do.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Also aren't guns in the game sighted for horizontal use? Meaning if you're shooting up (or down) hill you have to adjust considerably. This could explain why "perfect shots" aren't actually hitting.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Q8ee posted:

My point was never "I hate Miramar because people are tactically better than me", I've died tonnes of time to people in Erangel who just straight up outplay me and that's fine. It's the fact that all these deaths I encounter in Miramar all share the same issue: floating heads on ridgelines, but deathcam showing a completely different story. Makes it feel completely unfair, and doesn't leave me feeling like I was outplayed or outsmarted.
Your point was you died because Miramar is bad and has bad, unfair terrain. You did get outplayed whether you feel like it or not.

quote:

I guarantee if he killed you and you watched deathcam, the perspectives would have been out of sync.
Yes because the death cam is poo poo like everyone knows and understands. If he killed me (and he should have, he had the terrain advantage) I wouldn't have blamed the map or whatever. My point was you can still shoot people in these situations even if it seems like you can only see the tip of their head.

Also my clip shows you don't have to retreat if you git gud aim.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Someone make sure to inform choco that he just needs to git gud, the scrub

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Someone make sure to inform choco that he just needs to git gud, the scrub

You're conflating what's generally a long range, rarely encountered bug with, "God, Miramar is so trash. 90% of my deaths come from assholes who hide just behind a ridge line with only their head showing", which is what I'm discussing.

Post clips if I'm wrong.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
the head thing is super stupid, it's the same thing as lean-peeking out from a windowframe, only half the head is exposed to your target and they can fire out

yeah sure positioning blah blah you're able to be fired at so it's your own fault, and you can do it too, but that doesn't make the mechanic any less dumb

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 12, 2018

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'd just appreciate a link in how to peek from a ridge line, I'm very much out of my element in the open bunny hills.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

willroc7 posted:

You're conflating what's generally a long range, rarely encountered bug with, "God, Miramar is so trash. 90% of my deaths come from assholes who hide just behind a ridge line with only their head showing", which is what I'm discussing.

Post clips if I'm wrong.

That's not what he said, dude. Nor is it what I said. I used the long range bug as an example of similar terrain issues that exist in the map. I didn't say it was the same thing. I'm specifically referring to the "can see only head but somehow they can still fire/from their perspective their gun is over the terrain" thing that has gotten choco and swag and all those guys wrecked more than once.

It exists and is real and it sucks but no one said it happens 90% of the time. Just that it's a thing and it sucks when it does happen.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Bhodi posted:

the head thing is super stupid, it's the same thing as lean-peeking out from a windowframe, only half the head is exposed to your target and you can fire out

yeah sure positioning blah blah you're able to be fired at so it's your own fault, and you can do it too, but that doesn't make the mechanic any less dumb

I've noticed it's not as easy to exploit with windowsills / low walls. Most memories I have of fighting with people doing that, I swear I see enough of them peeking to be able to land a good few hits on them, which either forces them to heal (so I can run or push), or outright kills them. Miramar is the only time I've encountered the problem of literal floating head syndrome, where it's a tiny little target yet they have just as much of an advantage as someone shooting from a windowsill or low wall has, with virtually zero exposure.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

The point whizzing over many posters' heads itt like so many of their missed shots.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Pretty sure you're the one not getting it right now

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Sand people walk single file to hide their numbers.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

That's not what he said, dude.

That's literally a copy and paste quote from his post, lol.

And I'm sure what's happening to Q8ee is the same thing happening to lord and savior streamer chocotaco.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

willroc7 posted:

That's literally a copy and paste quote from his post, lol.

gently caress me that's what I get for trying to forum and work at the same time. Disregard me, carry on

Nothing to see here

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

gently caress me that's what I get for trying to forum and work at the same time. Disregard me, carry on

Nothing to see here

Quit your job to become a full time forum
Superstar

Qubee
May 31, 2013

willroc7, you're the only one who seems hellbent on proving I die cause I'm a poo poo player and get outmaneuvered, going so far as to post a clip of you playing the game to prove it (props for sifting through 20 mins of a recorded game of yours to find that sick kill).

Just cause it's possible to snipe someone's head if you're good enough, doesn't make the underlying problem any less poo poo to encounter. And I encounter it all too often in Miramar, more often than not, I'm dying to people using this ridge peeking exploit. It's no fun dying to a floating voodoo head. It's 90% of my deaths because I can generally hold my own in normal situations.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
pubg is just bad dude, it's not hacks or exploits. watch the left peek

https://streamable.com/0kmwb

I think the game shouldn't allow you to fire from that position and it feels unbalanced but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Qubee
May 31, 2013

imagine defending this game and being unable to believe it might just be a bug / glitch / exploit / god awful devs, and not someone who's just poo poo at the game. imagine that.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

VulgarandStupid posted:

Quit your job to become a full time forum
Superstar

Is the pay on par with say popular youtube personality and part time pubg streamer Jenna marbles?

Let me just ask Lowtax

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Q8ee posted:

imagine defending this game and being unable to believe it might just be a bug / glitch / exploit / god awful devs, and not someone who's just poo poo at the game. imagine that.

Let’s pretend this bug is real. So someone is in a spot where you can’t currently kill them. Disengage, wait for the circle to push them out, or move cover to cover and fight them from an angle that doesn’t have the bug.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Q8ee posted:

willroc7, you're the only one who seems hellbent on proving I die cause I'm a poo poo player and get outmaneuvered, going so far as to post a clip of you playing the game to prove it (props for sifting through 20 mins of a recorded game of yours to find that sick kill).

Just cause it's possible to snipe someone's head if you're good enough, doesn't make the underlying problem any less poo poo to encounter. And I encounter it all too often in Miramar, more often than not, I'm dying to people using this ridge peeking exploit. It's no fun dying to a floating voodoo head. It's 90% of my deaths because I can generally hold my own in normal situations.

I posted that exact clip in this thread yesterday, before this came up. That situation was fresh in my mind and relevant to the discussion. I didn't sift through poo poo. If you want to call use of terrain an exploit because it helps you justify your deaths, you do you dude.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Yeap. If you ever get into an encounter that you feel you can't win (whether it's a bug or you are 300m away with a red dot or you are not good at shooting only the head), remove yourself from that situation or try to make it better for yourself. Don't keep peeking it and engaging with the enemy.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Q8ee posted:

I'm not defending the game as a whole dude. It's a buggy mess, no one can argue with that. I was addressing a specific claim you made about Miramar and the terrain.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

you keep using the phrase "use of terrain" but I don't think it means what you think it means. being able to shoot at someone openly whilst your body is behind cover and your gun is blocked by terrain - and having only your head show - is definitely not good use of terrain. it's an exploit and lovely map design, hands down. I don't know why you're having such a hard time grasping this concept.

you're acting like I'm crying over the fact I've been outplayed, and keep ignoring the part where I'm pointing out it's a blatant fucky situation when someone is able to shoot you easily whilst remaining almost completely behind a ridge. I ain't even talking about peeking, where they'll periodically peek over the ridge to fire (giving you a chance to fight back). imagine a floating head, now imagine that floating head shooting at you whilst staying still. that's what I'm crying about.

but it's bluehole so really all we're doing is going around in circles here, cause I doubt they're gonna fix it anytime soon. just glad I know I'm not going crazy and this has happened to other people.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Q8ee posted:

you keep using the phrase "use of terrain" but I don't think it means what you think it means. being able to shoot at someone openly whilst your body is behind cover and your gun is blocked by terrain - and having only your head show - is definitely not good use of terrain. it's an exploit and lovely map design, hands down. I don't know why you're having such a hard time grasping this concept.

you're acting like I'm crying over the fact I've been outplayed, and keep ignoring the part where I'm pointing out it's a blatant fucky situation when someone is able to shoot you easily whilst remaining almost completely behind a ridge. I ain't even talking about peeking, where they'll periodically peek over the ridge to fire (giving you a chance to fight back). imagine a floating head, now imagine that floating head shooting at you whilst staying still. that's what I'm crying about.

but it's bluehole so really all we're doing is going around in circles here, cause I doubt they're gonna fix it anytime soon. just glad I know I'm not going crazy and this has happened to other people.

Just move somewhere else man. Also, stop implying the game is buggy, its in 1.0 full release. There's no bugs.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

e-sports ready

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
This game will always be e-sports ready as long as money keeps getting thrown at it.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
post the tapes tho

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
several times i've aimed at someone and sprayed 15 would be headshots into the top of the hill 10 feet in front of me

i am also in the top .05% TPP squads. AMA about 2 kill bitch-modeing my way into the elite

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Dollas posted:

TPP squads

at least play the real game :smug:

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
often times the first squad i see is the squad that finishes second

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

I’ve played a lot of hours on Miramar and I’ve never encountered the floating heads you are describing. You can peek and shoot with very little of your model visible in this game, regardless of the map. If it happens in 90% of your deaths it shouldn’t be hard to find a clip to post.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.
So if you are losing Dell says to buy a dell laptop

https://www.techpowerup.com/243282/dell-gaming-laptops-are-perfect-for-cheating-in-pubg

"She spoke of how Chinese gamers are the most innovative and dominant in the world by using 'plugins' to, for example, run faster than other players, or blow up ten cars at a time, and that these top gamers can really use 8th-Gen power to 'run more plugins to win more at Chicken Dinner', and that the top players run the most 'plugins' so that's where 8th-gen Dell power gives them the gamer's edge. Behind her a video proudly shows various cheats in PUBG in action (they really like the one with the massively oversized gun and show that a lot), with the new Dell gaming laptops shown every few seconds while Sally told us that gamers should buy a Dell because they're better at running many plugins. Wow."

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Q8ee posted:

Maybe I'm having a stroke because it seems pretty clear that, "being able to shoot at someone openly whilst (lol) your body is behind cover - and having only your head show" is the exact the definition of using terrain/cover.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

what xmen event are you playing that allows players to shoot bullets from their forehead? and I've got too many clips of pubg to sift through, next time I play pubg and it happens, I'll remember to shadowplay and link here. i'm done talking about it though, you've been pitchfork waving since the get-go cause you have some personal quest to tell everyone to get good or some poo poo, instead of saying "you know what, you might be right man, it's bluehole after all".

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

is there an SA steam group for pubg so I can play with other retards like myself

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Q8ee posted:

I'm gonna drop the subject though so it doesn't turn into pages of back and forth arguments about me just being bad, and me saying it's a bug. Next time I'll retreat, but in those situations, the reason I don't retreat is because I know I'll be gunned down if I do.

6 posts later...

Q8ee posted:

i'm done talking about it though, you've been pitchfork waving since the get-go cause you have some personal quest to tell everyone to get good or some poo poo, instead of saying "you know what, you might be right man, it's bluehole after all".

OK.

but gid gud

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Sylink posted:

is there an SA steam group for pubg so I can play with other retards like myself

I don't think there's a steam group but there is a discord in the OP. It is a strange place ruled by a bizarre baby goku with a tiny weed fist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

willroc7 posted:

Maybe I'm having a stroke because it seems pretty clear that, "being able to shoot at someone openly whilst (lol) your body is behind cover - and having only your head show" is the exact the definition of using terrain/cover.

if i'm not misunderstanding what's going on here, Q8ee's talking about a bug/exploit where people have found a way to clip their guns through cover and shoot when they ordinarily wouldn't be able to. ordinarily you'd have to pop up a little more because, if your gun would clip through the terrain, your guy will raise it up and you can't shoot; i know there's a few windows in Erangel where if you find a very specific spot you can clip your gun through the wall, so i would be very very unsurprised if you can do the same thing in a few places in miramar.