Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Um some new menu popped up in my last two battles and got me killed. wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/984395794311733248

lmao

also "more than 45 million players" hachi machi

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Sure, schools allow students access to wifi for mobile devices (I assume) and I'm over here upset that my office prevents anyone from using the wifi for anything.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

AAB posted:

https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/984395794311733248

lmao

also "more than 45 million players" hachi machi

Who the gently caress puts 14 hours into Fortnite mobile...

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

santanotreal posted:

Who the gently caress puts 14 hours into Fortnite mobile...

In my school we had OG Doom on rotating hidden files in the school network, dont underestimate the desperation of bored kids.

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse
when were the electric traps in BR?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Has anyone picked up the neon sniper rifle in single player?
Is it usable like the crossbow or a pipe dream? The Red-Faction railgun aspect of it makes me drool a little but I'm expecting it to hit like a wet noodle.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Nullsmack posted:

At launch

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The StW event.... nothing groundbreaking. But I just love me some Fortnite event shenanigans. The survival map is surprising big, they probably want to show us that they are working in the biome, and that maybe some year in the future we will get to play this biome. Or maybe BR will get a desert map. Whatever.

I got the neon blade. Like it, like it based on the perks I got, seems promising. Then the attack sound is fun, and the strong attack seems that will be useful (the character move in to or three circles dashing).

Got the neon constructor and is very unique. I have to try it. The perk (explosion from the base that send the husk flyiing away) require 30 kills, and thats too much, but it can still kind of fun. Also got the soldier. Nothing broken, but seems fun too. Looking forward for he sniper.

Nothing I see seems too OP, but I think the devs may have made a mistake somewhere and allow some OP combo nobody has found yet. I like when games add stuff with unique properties for the potential. Also, for fashion purposes alone would be cool to use neon weapons with a neon character :D next thing we will ask will be a night map :D

The increase of size of stacks is something out of this world. I will have to learn the game again. By grinding easy and dumb my metal stack is already 5000. Feel realy good about that.

Looking forward to put a lot of hours in this event, despite not having any carrot that I believe will be a must have. Everything seems kind of tame.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Nullsmack posted:

As mentioned, they were in for a few months. I'm actually not sure what the logic for removing them was since they seemed pretty similar to the spikes except they made a distinct noise that was probably fair and helped you avoid them.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
spikes are already pretty bad/niche so the reason was probably them being useless

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

IronicDongz posted:

spikes are already pretty bad/niche so the reason was probably them being useless

spikes are good if you have a good fort spot with a chokepoint entrance, plop them down so any dope who tries to come in through the door instead of mouseholing gets softened up

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
what about when they just shoot your fort down instead

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

IronicDongz posted:

what about when they just shoot your fort down instead

i'm not sure what you think "mouseholing" is (for the uninitiated, it's making your own door instead of using a provided one)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I assumed you meant making their own spot to hide in like a mouse instead of attacking, like how a foxhole is a small defensive hole to shoot out of.

Nekrews
Sep 14, 2007
I love that the dancefloors have posters of old Epic games, like Jazz Jackrabbit and One Must Fall 2097. Really makes me nostalgic, since I loved those as a little kid!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

So regarding this thing:

It.. kinda owns?
I pumped mine to 3 star despite the middling stats it comes with and it is actually REALLY fun.
Shoots through everything.* Once in a while hits won't register - usually shooting through large amounts of terrain.
Headcaps fatties (if you can land the headshot - see below).
Absolutely MURDERS lobbers - this is the best anti lobber gun. Don't need to get LOS on them any more - just point and click!
Great Red Faction vibes all around would recommend.

3 gripes with the gun, though:
VERY high zoom - But considering the mechanics it's a fair trade for close quarters efficiency.
Sometimes the target highlight doesn't behave - especially if you are hiding in a basement, enemies above you don't always appear.
Headshots are VERY hard to land as the gun fires a ray (hitscan) and if any OTHER body part is collided it will take the hit instead of the head - you more or less have to shoot above zombie heads to score headshots.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 13, 2018

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

i hope the delay of fortnite going to switch is for them porting STW over to it also. i'd play the gently caress out of it that way.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

also port a fart is the new meme bomb, even more than boogie or impulse. pulling eject and throwing people into a huge tower is good, and also helpful.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Nekrews posted:

I love that the dancefloors have posters of old Epic games, like Jazz Jackrabbit and One Must Fall 2097. Really makes me nostalgic, since I loved those as a little kid!

PvE has a Facing Worlds poster, not sure if BR has this as well.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+

Seditiar posted:

PvE has a Facing Worlds poster, not sure if BR has this as well.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen the Facing Worlds poster in BR

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I bought a legendary troll llama and got THREE mythic lead survivors in it.

Happy Friday.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

overdesigned posted:

I bought a legendary troll llama and got THREE mythic lead survivors in it.

Happy Friday.

How many of them are the same category or personality, though? Mine have a lot of overlap and it sucks.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Shockingly enough they were all different categories AND personalities (though my 1st and 2nd mythics were completely identical which sucked).

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Nekrews posted:

I've seen those in tilted and the loot lake cabins I think. Epic is not in the business of unique assets, which partly was a deliberate choice as its good for gameplay.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Do you get any BR bonuses from owning STW, or just extra ways to earn V-Bucks?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tomahawk posted:

Do you get any BR bonuses from owning STW, or just extra ways to earn V-Bucks?

No current bonus besides shared currency. Their faq mentions they're considering more overlap, but it's not likely since they plan on making STW f2p at some point too, so even just mirroring purchases would eat into their profits. If they planned on keeping one f2p and one a purchase it'd make sense, but frankly they probably rattled out 'yeah we might give you a bigger incentive to play both' when they expected they'd have 2 niche small games running on the same assets and engine.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

AAB posted:

also port a fart is the new meme bomb, even more than boogie or impulse. pulling eject and throwing people into a huge tower is good, and also helpful.

I wish there was additional protection for the top walkways in port-a-fort because they are too easy to destroy right now.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

You can always build a wall through or in front of each ramp section to reinforce it. Generally that's the best thing to do if you're also just building a ramp.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Started playing this yesterday. Probably played 20 rounds before I got my first kill...

But also almost won a round today... was the final 3 with 1 guy in a tower with a shitton of rockets and me and another dude on the ground near each other. Guy in the tower got me... then fell off the tower and died... If only he got the other guy instead...

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

The 7 day 70 survival was pretty fun and challenging. The mini bosses we had were loving brutal to kill and nights 6-7 mobs bump to 90+ and none of us were close to that. Still lots of fun but I don’t ever see myself doing it again unless more rewards come from it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Switched from PS4 to PC, made all the difference for my performance. Now I'm going from barely scraping by to getting around six kills per game (that I last more than 30 seconds in). I do find that I perform way better in solo than I teams, entirely because without voice chat I can hear the footsteps better, and spending a few years playing these games turns you into a bat.

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa
Xbox folks, I don't totally suck at this game. Please add me. GT: Suede Falcon

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

rabidcowfromhell posted:

Xbox folks, I don't totally suck at this game. Please add me. GT: Suede Falcon

Just did. I’m awful at this game, I can make top 25 with a kill but I’m always snuffed our when it gets to 15.

I feel like my biggest problem is none of the guns behave how I expect them to.

That and the bunny hopping.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Beastie posted:

Just did. I’m awful at this game, I can make top 25 with a kill but I’m always snuffed our when it gets to 15.

I feel like my biggest problem is none of the guns behave how I expect them to.

That and the bunny hopping.

I’ve never understood bunny hopping. I feel like it’s a great way to get spotted and people are usually so bad with snipers that I rarely feel the urge to start hopping around like a coked up bunny unless I’m in a shotgun duel or unless someone is taking potshots at me from afar.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
Tip from guy who is bad at video games: If you move your crosshairs to the pulsing blue circles as you're destroying something, you destroy it faster and get more resources. Took me embarrassingly long to figure that out.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Not that anyone here actually plays "Save the World" anymore but I finally dredged up through the Canny quests a bit and made kind of a crap discovery. Previously the unvoiced and unfinished placeholder quests were largely 'eh, just do a mission that's level 46+' or such. They were sandwiched with a few normal-ish quests at the start and end of each tier but the 'do anything' quests served as a large section of 'meat'.

Sometime in the recent patches they changed this, I guess because everyone was just doing the quick and easy quests. They changed it to a rotating set of three options which all exclude the radar building, survivor saving, and encampment destroying missions. They didn't make the quests more interesting or rewarding or anything of course, just vastly more time and resource intensive and tedious!

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Blorknorg posted:

Not that anyone here actually plays "Save the World" anymore but I finally dredged up through the Canny quests a bit and made kind of a crap discovery. Previously the unvoiced and unfinished placeholder quests were largely 'eh, just do a mission that's level 46+' or such. They were sandwiched with a few normal-ish quests at the start and end of each tier but the 'do anything' quests served as a large section of 'meat'.

Sometime in the recent patches they changed this, I guess because everyone was just doing the quick and easy quests. They changed it to a rotating set of three options which all exclude the radar building, survivor saving, and encampment destroying missions. They didn't make the quests more interesting or rewarding or anything of course, just vastly more time and resource intensive and tedious!

Think that was changed around December, actually. :v:

My first thought was also that it sucked. But it's good really, because otherwise 99% of the maps played would be those 3, now it's just 75% of them. That being said, it does still suck, but on a longterm kinda thing it was a good change for the game, imo.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Seditiar posted:

Think that was changed around December, actually. :v:

My first thought was also that it sucked. But it's good really, because otherwise 99% of the maps played would be those 3, now it's just 75% of them. That being said, it does still suck, but on a longterm kinda thing it was a good change for the game, imo.

Ah if it was changed in December that makes me feel a little better about missing the easyboat at least. It would be nice if they at least included the darn 20 min missions in the rotation, but I do agree that it does theoretically help get the defense maps played more.

As a person who bought the game for PVE after it opened the game's in an odd place for me. Spending Vbux on llamas is sort of pointless because barring some massively lucky roll there just isn't anything great to get anymore. One of the best changes the game made was the gold and tokens that let you actually see what you're buying, but that just makes the shittyness of the blind boxes that much more glaring. I've got the last two battle royale passes just because they feel like a better value than the stupid blind loot boxes, even bought the rainbow brite skin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

pzy posted:

Tip from guy who is bad at video games: If you move your crosshairs to the pulsing blue circles as you're destroying something, you destroy it faster and get more resources. Took me embarrassingly long to figure that out.

I also took an embarrassingly long time to notice this. I think maybe it's a console-style thing?