Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

I mean, it's better than apartments forcing cats to be declawed I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

everybody read the theranos story it's loving amazing

quote:

the head of the software team bragged that he could write the code for the technology’s software faster using Flash — before a “Learn Flash” book turned up on his desk.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

japan did the whole "depressing robot friend for lonely isolated suicidals" better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

god that loving ad is depressing

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ADINSX posted:

god that loving ad is depressing

i've seen it a bunch but still every time it gets to the part where the thing is texting him at work pretending to care it makes me super fuckin' uncomfortable and i grimace involuntarily

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Wait, is this an actual thing or is it guerrilla marketing for S5 of Black Mirror?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Schadenboner posted:

Wait, is this an actual thing or is it guerrilla marketing for S5 of Black Mirror?

you can buy one right now for the low low price of $2500

since that ad was made they signed a deal with vocaloid so you can even have it be your favorite miku

e: wait you can't actually buy it right now because they're completely sold out of the first manufacturing run :ohdear:

Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 12, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
that doesn't really answer the question

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Schadenboner posted:

I mean, it's better than apartments forcing cats to be declawed I guess?

:stonk:

I'd rather not get a cat at that point because wtf

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Love to willfully commit and conceal fraud

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
all this robot friend chat reminds me of Blinky

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I can see people abusing the hell out of prime wardrobe for free outfits for events; at least its not as abusive toward delivery persons

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
up uP UP

https://twitter.com/ByRosenberg/status/983551283180089347

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

poo poo, I'd better buy a house right this second or I'll miss the train!

[the train left 20 years ago]

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

qirex posted:

poo poo, I'd better buy a house right this second or I'll miss the train!

[the train left 20 years ago]

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
kinda surprised san jose went up, it already exploded to da moon by2010 and didnt seem to have room to really keep balloonin, it's also not very hip or exciting so idk

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Love to willfully commit and conceal fraud

I want to hear her real voice

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Xaris posted:

kinda surprised san jose went up, it already exploded to da moon by2010 and didnt seem to have room to really keep balloonin, it's also not very hip or exciting so idk

most of the rest of the south bay is already out of reach of everyone who isn't a hedge fund manager or [a hedge fund] and san jose had some "bad" areas ripe for gentrification

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

qirex posted:

most of the rest of the south bay is already out of reach of everyone who isn't a hedge fund manager or [a hedge fund] and san jose had some "bad" areas ripe for gentrification

ya fair enough, iirc east san jose still had many working class vietnamese and mexicans to displace

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
https://twitter.com/timkhiggins/status/984514812662173698

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Lol. If there's one thing that always works, it's trying to use government policies against the government

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

:pray: please, bury Tesla alive

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
musk is becoming increasingly unhinged and i expect his heart to explode any day now

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

what the gently caress kind of brain worms does he have. his cars are not “the most safe” but the least safe, with the most accidents and highest insurance premiums

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

OldAlias posted:

what the gently caress kind of brain worms does he have. his cars are not “the most safe” but the least safe, with the most accidents and highest insurance premiums

but the NTSB themselves said they were 400% safe, didn't you read the previous press release :rolleyes:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

:vince:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Shoving both of your feet into your mouth is quite the accomplishment.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

OldAlias posted:

there is no penalty for lying any more. the cops can murder people, plant false evidence on video and not get fired. the president lies like 3/4 of the time he opens his mouth. mark zuckerberg knowingly deceived congress for 10 hours this week and everyone was distracted by his booster seat

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Shoving both of your feet into your mouth is quite the accomplishment.

And now for a follow up, let's watch as he shoots himself in the foot

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

:suspense:

Sagebrush posted:

Lol. If there's one thing that always works, it's trying to use government policies against the government

If you ask a cop if he's a cop he's gotta tell you, it's like in the constitution or some poo poo!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

this reads like it was written by elon, edited by his communications manager, then edited again by elon before it was posted

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

qirex posted:

this reads like it was written by elon, edited by his communications manager, then edited again by elon before it was posted

Absolutely this.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

i can't decide what I'm looking forward to more: the result of the investigation or the result of Tesla picking fight with the goddamn NTSB

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

qirex posted:

those writers he hired from the Onion had to be involved somehow

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/980566101124722688
he's trying his damndest to make this reality

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Baxate posted:

those writers he hired from the Onion had to be involved somehow

i hope that they're taking lots of his money

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

gently caress that's a pretty good way of framing this issue

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

so is this musk trying to position himself to blame BIG GOVERNMENT for when his company collapses in a few months?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/timkhiggins/status/984515113070874625

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Rex-Goliath posted:

gently caress that's a pretty good way of framing this issue

yeah, i'd never seen it put that way before but it really shows how revolting it is

retired baby boomers still "making" $200,000+/a by extracting it from their children('s friends)