Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Coldforge posted:

No he didn't. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/oct/08/colin-kaepernick-stand-for-anthem-nfl-quarterback

Also:

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/984500353075941378

Also also:

What the gently caress, Reuben Foster? How are these new details just coming out now, when they released details of the assault two months ago?

Unless I am missing something that article has nothing to do with what I said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Coldforge posted:

No he didn't. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/oct/08/colin-kaepernick-stand-for-anthem-nfl-quarterback

Also:

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/984500353075941378

Also also:

What the gently caress, Reuben Foster? How are these new details just coming out now, when they released details of the assault two months ago?

The article you linked is about kneeling, not his lawsuit. Even if he didn't say he would drop the lawsuit, it's hard to imagine a collusion suit would work when you are on an NFL roster.

Also, the Foster stuff was reported at the time. This is just the charges being filed officially.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Unless I am missing something that article has nothing to do with what I said.

Ahh, I misunderstood what you were saying (lawsuit, not kneeling). Apologies.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

lol

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/984521088754384897

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

gently caress off Seattle you cowards

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
lmao anyone that buys that "not having a plan" bullshit

Kaep 4 Commish

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/984498561831309312?s=19

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Russell Wilson is behind all this, I’m sure of it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Russell Wilson is behind all this, I’m sure of it

Semper Sigh.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seattle you were supposed to be the team that was cool with this, goddamn.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
it was obvious they weren’t down considering they got rid of al their Dicks this offseason.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

seiferguy posted:

Oakland’s the only team that could sign Kaep without a chunk of their fanbase burning jerseys while saluting or whatever

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Oakland’s the only team that could sign Kaep without a chunk of their fanbase burning jerseys while saluting or whatever

Is Kaep a Gruden Grinder?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Philly could do it but they have Foles

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

seiferguy posted:

Seriously!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Kalli posted:

Seriously!

lol I remember when my fb feed lit up when some moron shared this picture and everyone thought it was real

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Diqnol posted:

Philly could do it but they have Foles

lol

"Not MY team!"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChrisWarcraft/status/984504997596418048

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Coldforge posted:

lol

"Not MY team!"

I’m not a Raiders fan

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Gatts posted:

Unless the Seahawks did this to expose there is something legit to Colin’s case

That would make them one of the defendants in the case, wouldn't it? lol good theory though

the NFL.... sucks. it sucks hard. Real lowest common denominator poo poo

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I’m not a Raiders fan

I'm not sure if that makes your statement better or worse.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Let me know when you figure it out

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Chargers could do it because they don't have any fans left

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Let me know when you figure it out

Worse, since you don't even have the excuse of homerism.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

a neat cape posted:

Chargers could do it because they don't have any fans left

Arrowhead would burn in tiki-scented flames lol

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

There is a non-zero chance of a Raiders fan on this very forum doing that.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Kalli posted:

Seriously!

I always wondered why people thought this picture was real. Seattle's locker room has smoke detectors and a sprinkler system.

Not every building can be Trump Tower.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

waah posted:

I always wondered why people thought this picture was real. Seattle's locker room has smoke detectors and a sprinkler system.

Not every building can be Trump Tower.

The reason I had to at least do a double take is because Pete Carroll is a truther, and he looks so loving happy.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Going to my first NFL game this year, when the Pats come to visit Duval. My boss is hooking me up with a ticket. He's a Pats fan. If all goes to plan I'll be walking home.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

weird Asian candy posted:

lol I remember when my fb feed lit up when some moron shared this picture and everyone thought it was real

my favorite part was when you explained that it was a photoshop and everyone immediately believed you and definitely did not immediately share it with a bunch more people

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Arrowhead would burn in tiki-scented flames lol

Lol Chiefs fans hated Marcus Peters, they would whatever a stronger word for hate is Kap

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

TheChirurgeon posted:

my favorite part was when you explained that it was a photoshop and everyone immediately believed you and definitely did not immediately share it with a bunch more people

Ugh man. Or they don't even acknowledge the people saying its false, with photographic proof of the original, while continue to post in anger and share to their other dipshit friends.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

the mean lunch lady posted:

Lol Chiefs fans hated Marcus Peters, they would whatever a stronger word for hate is Kap

They hated losing him more than they hated having him.

Chiefs fans would be fine with Kap as long as he kept his eyes downfield.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Brett's brain

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/brett-favre-fears-cte-opens-thousands-concussions-article-1.3930213

quote:

During his NFL career, Brett Favre was fearless. But now, all these years later, after suffering what he concedes may be “thousands” of football concussions, he he admits the future is “very scary.”

Favre, who has become an advocate for concussion research in sports, is worried he may start seeing the early effects of degenerative brain disease in himself as he gets older. Though he appears to be in peak physical condition, the Hall of Fame QB said on Thursday’s “Megyn Kelly Today” that he’s concerned about concussions he suffered in the NFL creeping up to torment him in the coming years.

“No matter what I do to try to take care of myself physically, that is a part of my future that I really can’t control and that is very scary,” Favre said.

Favre said he is starting to see differences in his short-term memory, that it is not as sharp as his long-term ability to recall plays and events from many years ago. He said he sometimes has difficulty finding the right words in conversation. Favre, 48, is starting to wonder if when he forgets his keys is a typical symptom of getting older, or if those memory lapses are a sign of something more frightening.

“I wonder if that’s what it is, or do I have early stages of CTE?” he said.

Favre recently produced a documentary warning of the dangers of concussions in all sports, not just football called "Shocked: A Hidden Factor in the Sports Concussion Crisis." He has also said he would prefer if his grandchildren played golf instead of football, though he will not discourage them. Despite his fears, Favre understands his football career brought him and his family immense wealth and fame, and he does not regret playing the sport for so long.

“My football career has meant a great deal to me and has provided a lot of things, a lot of joy not only for me, but for my family,” Favre said. “Now, my family doesn’t have to face the physical problems that could potentially arise, or the mental problems that could, but they are directly associated with me in that regard. It’s kind of a blessing and a curse. I grew up playing football. My dad was the coach, he was tough on me, he was a hard-nosed, just in-your-face-type of guy and he didn’t know what concussions were about. We knew basically what a concussion was, but the thought process in those days was you would never come out of a game or practice because you had a little head ding. You would be considered, for lack of a better term, a ‘sissy.’

“My point in this is 30 years ago, there wasn’t a problem in anyone’s mind from playing football,” he said. “It was just a matter of being tough and the ones who stuck it out and made the most of it. Now, what we know, is it has nothing to do with toughness and that’s a lot scarier. So I look at my career as something wonderful; I didn’t know. Had I known in year five, I would have looked at my future a bit closer as my career unfolded.”

Favre estimates he suffered three or four concussions in his NFL career. “But as we’re learning about concussions, there’s a term we use in football and maybe other sports, that I got ‘dinged.’”

According to Dr. Bennet Omalu, who discovered CTE in 2002, a ding, as they are called, when you get hit in the head and see stars, is no different than a concussion.

“If that’s a concussion,” Favre said, “then I’ve had hundreds, probably thousands, throughout my career, which is frightening.”

Favre said he played 17 years in the NFL before the league started to get serious about head injuries. Up to that point, he suffered “an enormous amount of injuries.” Back then, getting hurt was just part of the game everyone accepted.

“You saw older players, retired players, would walk with a limp. (You think) ‘That’s what I’m going to look like,’” he said. “That’s the price you pay. Now, I think the focus is on your mental health. You’re going to have knees, hip, shoulders, those type of issues. That’s just part of it. But head injuries and concussions were never considered a problem for long-term, until now.”

Kelly also had on Abby Wambach, Kurt Warner and former MLB catcher David Ross to talk about head injuries in all sports. All of the athletes were also there to promote a concussion drug they invested in called Prevacus, a nasal spray they hope wins FDA approval.

Ross said he was diagnosed with “three of four” concussions during his MLB career, suffered a ton of dings behind the plate, and is now concerned about the toll baseball took on his brain. Ross, a two-time World Series champ with the Red Sox and Cubs, said he has random memory lapses, like the time he forgot to pick up his daughter from school. He also once snapped in a fit of road rage he said is way out of character for himself, possibly another sign he may be suffering from early symptoms of CTE.

“I was going to do some bad things to that guy if he got out of the car,” Ross said. “It was probably one of the scariest moments. My wife touched me and said, ‘You need to calm down.’ I was in a bad place.”

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

waah posted:

I always wondered why people thought this picture was real.

Because people are very keen to latch onto something that supports their beliefs and very reluctant to accept anything that doesn't. With social media feeding you more of the things that you like and hiding content that challenges your views, it only gets worse.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Now we're cookin with gas

https://twitter.com/Rnation4life/status/984587038946045952?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

johnny manziel ran for 2 more tds and went 8/10 for 145 yards

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

gently caress Chris Kluwe

gently caress Kaepernick

gently caress Foster most of all.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Big Dick Nick is the best big dick nickname ive ever heard.

EDIT: New word filter?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TSBX posted:

Big Dick Nick is the best big dick nickname ive ever heard.

EDIT: New word filter?!

The Big Unit is really damned solid here. Although that's just because he happened to be named Randy Johnson and was 8 feet tall, not because everyone talked about how big his dick was.

• Locked thread