Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

since there's no thread for it yet and info coming out for it this month gets lost in the shuffle, is anyone thinking about making a separate thread for Spider-Man? I might do it tomorrow if nobody else wants to.

Only if this is in the OP
https://i.imgur.com/YlYEXqe.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

No, this

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

haveblue posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure why they're talking it up when Double Dragon did it literally 31 years ago. Doing a continuous shot through GoW's traditional fights with monsters 10-100 times your size will require some careful artistry and giving up prerendered cutscenes would require some technical work but I don't see it as a game-changing breakthrough either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo6R6LqpNNY

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

that scene is nothing without the audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uZX60akANU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hahaha oh god the PC version of SM2 and Spiderman 3, abominations. I'll have to include both

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Not that it really matters, but isn't it a bit early for a Spiderman thread?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I thought y'all were gonna put those in the God of War thread

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Not that it really matters, but isn't it a bit early for a Spiderman thread?

if Star Citizen can have a thread then everything is fair game

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Okay, I think I'm already done with Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Wasn't expecting the game to take its stupid "narco state" plot and setting so seriously. Very cringeworthy. Some real whiplash after just completing Far Cry 5. Plus, compared to Far Cry, the graphics are really ugly.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

exquisite tea posted:

Doom’s concept of some future megacorp trying to privatize Hell was hilarious and I hope they do more with that in the future.

Am I remembering right that Hayden says Earth has come to rely on the energy? Like destroying all this argent infrastructure basically fucks over Earth (dooms Earth one might say)?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

He seems like an unreliable source tho

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

If the new Spiderman game doesn't have the Nickelback from this movie it freaking sucks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fame Douglas posted:

Okay, I think I'm already done with Ghost Recon: Wildlands. Wasn't expecting the game to take its stupid "narco state" plot and setting so seriously. Very cringeworthy. Some real whiplash after just completing Far Cry 5. Plus, compared to Far Cry, the graphics are really ugly.

That's exactly how I felt when I played the demo before it came out

Apart from the FC5 stuff obvs

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Real hurthling! posted:

He seems like an unreliable source tho

I originally had that in my post, yeah. He has reason to lie to stop you but this is assuming I was remembering right in the first place.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
The more 10/10 ratings a game gets the more careful I am in trusting them. Like a 10/10 should be ridiculously hard to get.

I'll buy the GOWTY. Next up for me is Yakuza 0 anyway.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I mean if the game really is a 10/10, a lot of reviewers are gonna give it that score. that's just... how it works? it's not like they're all playing a different game. idk man

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sources say God of War is a 10/10 game!! People preorder, pay $139 collector edition, leave feeling ripped off. Many such cases!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You're a loving sucker if you pay more than €60 for any game ever

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feel free to emptyquote me so I say €10 you cheap fucks!!!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You're a loving sucker if you pay more than €60 for any game ever
Not if you like Yakuza and drinking.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

I was gonna pass but now I'm extremely ready for this. Everyone who has played it is saying its one of the best games of all time.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Over There posted:

I was gonna pass but now I'm extremely ready for this. Everyone who has played it is saying its one of the best games of all time.

Hahaha, confident much?

Bad Parenting posted:

I'm gonna pre order and play dad of war on release day because playing new games when they are new is exciting, because I like to support people making good games that aren't multiplayer lootbox filled shite, and also because I have zero impluse control

best argument i've seen so far; can i use your line?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Never played a god of war before but I gues I’ll try this poo poo

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Pretty nasty growth on kratos shoulder there

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Stefan Prodan posted:

Never played a god of war before but I gues I’ll try this poo poo

Entirety of previous 3 games: main character got mad at Greek mythology and made it go away.

Now you’re all caught up.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I wish yakuza 6 didn’t do the last minute delay to be launched so close to god of war. Sega is cursed.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Thanks I feel like I really get the character now

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Did anyone play Ascension? I want to know what sold less, that or Gears of War: Judgement.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Housh posted:

I wish yakuza 6 didn’t do the last minute delay to be launched so close to god of war. Sega is cursed.

tbf I don't think the crossover in those audiences is that big

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I played the first 3 god of wars and they were okay, but they went a completely different route with this one. It's like a different style of game with the same character

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Yodzilla posted:

Did anyone play Ascension? I want to know what sold less, that or Gears of War: Judgement.

Ascension looked good but it didn't feel very good to play.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
The mobile God of War games were fine. Basically just more of that style of God of War.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I liked ascension though it felt different from the main series somehow, reminded me more of the mobile games. The last boss was horrifying

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

the_american_dream posted:

Pretty nasty growth on kratos shoulder there

Reminds me of this serious poster for a serious movie that for some reason needed a funny rear end looking honeymooner in the corner

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqJFL0lH4ZE

safe harbor
Jul 18, 2004
EMO AS FUCK
But I like my God of War games with very little plot....

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Fame Douglas posted:

sounds like a real departure from Far Cry 5, a game famously silly and unobtrusive in its story telling

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
A game getting good reviews seems to have sparked a lot of arguments in this thread.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Fame Douglas posted:

Honestly, I’m looking forwards to when Ubi perfects the “take apart an organization in an open world” game. Between GRW last year and FC5 they’ve been iterating on it well and I think they’ll nail it soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

qbert posted:

A game getting good reviews seems to have sparked a lot of arguments in this thread.
I think the skepticism is understandable. The last time something like this happened was with MGS5, which no matter how good you might think it is has some pretty noticeable flaws. Nothing wrong with waiting a couple weeks for things to simmer down a little.