Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Quick, everyone start streaming! That's where the fast support is at.

https://creators.mtgarena.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
bought pieces for wb knights. i hope core 19 might make it a real deck with some more good knights but it's gonna be cute to play anyway.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
New playmats:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Tainen posted:

Chamion of the Flame can swing for 10 with trample on turn 3

The best part of this card is the flavor text.

NEVER FORGET:

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Care to explain, don't have the mental capacity to decipher atm
All of the cards have the name of a set set on Dominaria on them.

Angry Grimace posted:

New playmats:

Yes please. :eyepop:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

New playmats:

Wante dat catte

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Angry Grimace posted:

New playmats:

Amazing. :shepspends:

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
What packs do you guys recommend spending my coins on in Magic Arena?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Scent of Worf posted:

What packs do you guys recommend spending my coins on in Magic Arena?

Depends on the deck you have/are trying to build. Merfolk and Vamps pretty obviously benefit from Rivals and Ixalan packs

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Whichever ones have the cards you want inside.

Personally I already finished one deck, so I'm just stockpiling gold in case the next update makes me pay for drafts.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Right now I'm playing with the default dinosaur deck and I like it. Building a better dino one is what I want.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
The set that has the rares/mythics you want because those are the hardest to get.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
https://twitter.com/MagicJudges/status/984085172055363587

Lol. Being a judge sucks.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

The flavor text/card names have every set's name somewhere in them.

https://www.twitter.com/Vronos/status/984509916596592640

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
lol at the first response to that tweet

https://twitter.com/Seth_miklovic/status/984436304061632512?s=19

This is also your reminder that after seven years since Modern became a format, there are still people that think any card printed in an Eighth Edition or Magic 2015 card frame is legal and will try to play with a Vindicate they opened out of an Eternal Masters pack.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

What set's represented on the turtle?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Toshimo posted:

NEVER FORGET:

Radha has been cultivating mass.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
"Y'know Jhoira, restoring the Weatherlight really took some magic. The gathering took 25 years to accomplish" - Teferi, to Jhoira

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Eschatos posted:

Hint: it's entirely contained within the name

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Eschatos posted:

Cold-Water Snapper

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Toshimo posted:

NEVER FORGET:

乇乂ㄒ尺卂 ㄒ卄丨匚匚

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Rinkles posted:

Care to explain, don't have the mental capacity to decipher atm

Some of them are also quotes from the books.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

mossyfisk posted:

Whichever ones have the cards you want inside.

Personally I already finished one deck, so I'm just stockpiling gold in case the next update makes me pay for drafts.

doesn't the next update reset everything?

I dont think when it goes live anyone is keeping what they currently have

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
There's at least 1 more reset, they haven't said exactly when it will be.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

moush posted:

There's at least 1 more reset, they haven't said exactly when it will be.

I would absolutely bet it will be when they transition from closed to open beta. Once you are in open, I think unless there's a very good reason to do otherwise, soft transition to "released" is what you want to do (and what Eternal did and Hearthstone I think did).

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
It's a little frustrating that every time they do ~~Legends Matter~~ sets, they turn out to be completely irrelevant to the 1 format centered around legends.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Toshimo posted:

It's a little frustrating that every time they do ~~Legends Matter~~ sets, they turn out to be completely irrelevant to the 1 format centered around legends.

Brawl? :smugdog:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Kurtofan posted:

power creep

I like how this strictly better Healing Salve that does both modes at once is still worse than Giant Growth, Dark Ritual, or Lightning Bolt.

Kurtofan posted:

birb

edit:

lol eye like this one

Was Into The Roil really too plane-specific for a reprint?

Entropic fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 12, 2018

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Entropic posted:

Having 2 in a singleton format is sweet.

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Entropic posted:

I like how this strictly better Healing Salve that does both modes at once is still worse than Giant Growth, Dark Ritual, or Lightning Bolt.

Yes, because the Roil is a thing on Zendikar.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Entropic posted:

The roil is specifically a Zendikar thing.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Someone pointed out that naru meha combos infinitely with acrobatic maneuvers to let you draw your entire deck. What you’re supposed to do with this is beyond me.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Do legends even matter? There are the Jhoira, Raff, and Traxos as things that care about historic, the Mox, and any of the legendary spells as things that might be playable and are payoffs for playing them. The most important thing about legendary creatures is that they don't get hit by Cast Down.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Entropic posted:

The Roil is a specific Zendikar phenomenon.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Do legends even matter? There are the Jhoira, Raff, and Traxos as things that care about historic, the Mox, and any of the legendary spells as things that might be playable and are payoffs for playing them. The most important thing about legendary creatures is that they don't get hit by Cast Down.

They "matter" in the sense that they're very present in the set, will definitely impact limited, and have enough cards that care about them with constructed viability that you'll notice the theme and be able to utilize it in Standard without having to make a "Legends: the deck" gimmick and be super parasitic about it.

In other words, a well executed mechanic.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
It feels like there's enough cards with the "historic" thing that it will matter for limited.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I'm almost certain that at least one card that has "historic" printed on it will make the cut for constructed playability if only because there are so many of them.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Retromancer posted:

Someone pointed out that naru meha combos infinitely with acrobatic maneuvers to let you draw your entire deck. What you’re supposed to do with this is beyond me.

I'd like to think that it is just irrelevant as opposed to that they missed it but cat combo...

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Retromancer posted:

It also requires that you have a second target and 7 mana, so it's not that abusable.

I guess you can also do it with 6 mana and two Acrobatic Maneuvers, but eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Retromancer posted:

It's expensive, fragile, and kills you if you gently caress it up. Should be fine.

e: and not like "leaves you behind" kills you, either.