Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
In my head, Barry looks like the guy who made Father Ted. As all Irish people look the same, you see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

britishbornandbread posted:

In my head, Barry looks like the guy who made Father Ted. As all Irish people look the same, you see.

We do.

I assume you mean Graham Linehan? I can picture him with Barry's voice alright.

I used to picture Paul Doyle as looking like Kevin Doyle, must be some subconscious thing with the names, because they couldn't look any different.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Ninpo posted:

When I first listened to FW, I pictured Barry as much much older and wizened than he actually was/is.

Same here, he definitely has the voice of an older man I’d say.

David Richardson
May 19, 2007

wooger posted:

Offset by the Kelly Cates / other guest present 2 weeks ago who apparently wasn’t her having ultra loud grating voices.

She needs never to host ever again. So jarring.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Irish odyssey owned

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://twitter.com/FootballRamble/status/970274413907148801

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Irish odyssey owned

They need to get the drunk Nottingham Forest fan on the show one time.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Denver Nuggets

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Who was that self-described luddite and cynic on the Totally Football Show? Reminded me of Barry, and not in a good way.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Jesus christ Jonathan Wilson has a wallchart with every single episode of silent witness so he can tick off the episodes he's seen.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

The Perfect Element posted:

Jesus christ Jonathan Wilson has a wallchart with every single episode of silent witness so he can tick off the episodes he's seen.

Without having heard the episode yet this is completely believable.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jippa posted:

Without having heard the episode yet this is completely believable.

The discussion of this is fantastic.

And so is the Checker-trade Trophy part

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I fell asleep but I enjoyed what I heard of the Irish adventure

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
The Peter Beardsley joke section on Athletico Mince is one of the best things ever.

Edited for content
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCbcS3AMoi4

SoylentCola fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 23, 2018

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

SoylentCola posted:

The Peter Beardsley joke section on Athletico Mince is one of the best things ever.

Ooooooooooooh yeah!

landofcake
May 7, 2009

CANNONBALL TAFFY O' JONES!!!
The thing that made me laugh the most was that Andy is already losing his poo poo before it even gets to the punchline when he says "Batman Forever", closely followed by "just a second" or "kenwood ... *sound of Andy smacking the table*"

landofcake fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 22, 2018

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"Just turn to the pictures of Dynamo Kiev in the 60s and get a natural high."

gently caress this show has been so good recently.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
priya ramesh does not shut up

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

RideTheSpiral posted:

priya ramesh does not shut up

Yes but the jab at British Colonialism was good tho so it evens out.

I'm glad they get more diverse voices though, Jimbo's show was just white dudes + occasional amy lawrence.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think she is nice

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

algebra testes posted:

I'm glad they get more diverse voices though, Jimbo's show was just white dudes + occasional amy lawrence.

jimbo must really regret being such a prick now he’s got a failing podcast with second rate pundits and shameful gambling ads

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

julian assflange posted:

I think she is nice

Yeah, she's got an enthusiasm that's pretty infectious.

Not sure why it popped into my head recently, but that ongoing bit where Jimbo would ask one of the regulars about his 365 beers in a year thing was maybe the most tedious thing I've encountered.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I listened to Jimbo for a few weeks after the split and then stopped. That French PSG fan did it for me but it doesn’t seem to have got any better since then

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

I like Jumbo's Italian podcast he does now. But the main totally football show is crap.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

julian assflange posted:

I listened to Jimbo for a few weeks after the split and then stopped. That French PSG fan did it for me but it doesn’t seem to have got any better since then

Yeah, he's one of the reasons I've stopped listening to The Game, too. Also, the quality of guests went off a cliff.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

algebra testes posted:

From a Dutch, so not really in a position to criticise on that front imo.

She is clearly enthusiatic, and different perspectives are good, but too much obsequeous praise of womens football.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Phillipe destroyed the Australian guy when he started talking about Spain v. Germany being a good advertisement for whatever the new international format is. I winced in sympathy.

Does missing Barry make me a bad person?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Shroud posted:

Phillipe destroyed the Australian guy when he started talking about Spain v. Germany being a good advertisement for whatever the new international format is. I winced in sympathy.

Does missing Barry make me a bad person?

No Barry is ace. He's almost a cliche but I like that he can cut through when it gets wayyy too Gruniad and just say that something is poo poo or ridiculous or what have you. He has good chemistry with Max too which I think has really made the absence of Jimbo relatively inconsequential. I mean if you miss Jimbo you can just listen to his intros on TFS for the pun quota and then turn off.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Barry was so annoying in the latest ep. The bottom half or two thirds of every league in the world is poo poo.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I like barry but he can definitely stray into talksport style pointless bickering over nothing to fill air time territory.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Is TTFS officially failing? I feel like Lars really was pleased with his fish joke and started playing up to try and get a laugh with everything he said after that this week.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Is TTFS officially failing? I feel like Lars really was pleased with his fish joke and started playing up to try and get a laugh with everything he said after that this week.

yes its insanely bleak

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bacon Terrorist posted:

That was on Football Weekly mate.

e: Unless another Lars did another flounder/turbot joke on TTFS. That said, TTFS is poo poo and I now only listen if bored and out of other podcasts.

Speaking of other podcasts, why does Gab Marcotti always sound like an American with a blocked up nose trying to eat something large while he speaks?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Gab Marcotti was making fun of 'proper football men' on talksport before it was cool. It was even better that he has an american accent because of how indignant they would get.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Jippa posted:

Gab Marcotti was making fun of 'proper football men' on talksport before it was cool. It was even better that he has an american accent because of how indignant they would get.

i used to make fun of proper football men before it was cool too

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
He used to have a spot on Talksport ages ago in the bleak pre-podcast era when he would yell at white van men for saying Kaka wouldn't cut it in the Premier League or whatever

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Monday Bandele posted:

He used to have a spot on Talksport ages ago in the bleak pre-podcast era when he would yell at white van men for saying Kaka wouldn't cut it in the Premier League or whatever

I remember when there were like, 3 podcasts. Gab's ESPN football one, Football Weekly and that one from ages ago that got shut down because they made fun of dead liverpool fans.

I also remember barry saying "blow me, gently caress face" on football weekly.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

algebra testes posted:

I also remember barry saying "blow me, gently caress face" on football weekly.

ah hope ya miss it ya fecking eejet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Iol at Jonathan Wilson being pissy about the Italian commentator’s reaction to the Roma winner.