Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
So Michael Cohen owns something like a dozen taxis here in Chicago. Taxi cabs are apparently a common way to launder money for the, brace yourselves, the Russian mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

holocaust bloopers posted:

So Michael Cohen owns something like a dozen taxis here in Chicago. Taxi cabs are apparently a common way to launder money for the, brace yourselves, the Russian mafia.

Russian mafya gave Trump a golden shower in exchange for reduced-fee money laundering.

Tell me I'm wrong.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

:ssh: Cohen works out of the same Trump tower as Gazprom

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/michael-cohens-ties-to-russia-crime-and-trump-w518941

quote:

An investigation by Reuters found that at least 63 individuals with Russian passports or addresses have bought at least $98.4 million worth of property in the seven Trump-branded luxury towers. And that was a conservative estimate. At least 703 – or about one-third – of the 2044 units were owned by limited liability companies, or LLCs, which could conceal the property's true owner. Executives from Gazprom and other Russian natural resource giants also owned units in Trump's Sunny Isles towers. In an observation that several people I spoke with echoed, Kenneth McCallion, a former prosecutor who tracked the flows of Russian criminal money into Trump's properties, told me, "Trump's genius – or evil genius – was, instead of Russian criminal money being passive, incidental income, it became a central part of his business plan." McCallion continued, "It's not called 'Little Moscow' for nothing. The street signs are in Russian. But his towers there were built specifically for the Russian middle-class criminal."

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhaha oh my loving god I bet it's absolutely loving obvious too, like those cabs generate four times the fares as other cabs in the same area and it's all cash making the difference but they don't have different odometer readings from similar cabs

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Lol wait he owns 22 of them

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Their entire defense was playing the odds that no one would notice

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Their entire defense was playing the odds that no one would notice

that's what every idiot trying to launder money thinks the game is

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Depending on what Cohen forgot to destroy, I'm willing to bet there will be more raids on that specific Trump tower, because its flush with known Russian mob/gang members.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i'm stating something that seems way obvious at this point but i'm still gonna laugh when evidence is found that trump's entire business is a big money laundering scheme and has been for a decade or more.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Here's the article
https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/trump-lawyer-owns-companies-that-operate-22-taxicabs-in-chicago/

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I can't believe how loving transparent this all is. If it turns out that somehow this is all completely legal or above board I will eat a month.

NB: It not mattering is not the same as it being legal

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Isikoff and Corn are going to have a loving field day once most of this stuff is out in the open.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

I can't believe how loving transparent this all is. If it turns out that somehow this is all completely legal or above board I will eat a month.

NB: It not mattering is not the same as it being legal

WITNESSED

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Aren't cab medallions really expensive to buy?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
just lmao that TV broke this motherfuckers brain like lmao

all of this poo poo is just unreal man unreal

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i feel like they are all so inept that this type of conversation has occurred with Mueller in J.K. Simmons's spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlA9hmrC8DU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

jerman999 posted:

Aren't cab medallions really expensive to buy?

iirc they auction for like a million or more a pop.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

That Works posted:

iirc they auction for like a million or more a pop.

Price crashed to 300k.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Smiling Jack posted:

Price crashed to 300k.

Uberrrrrr :argh:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I've been wondering: why raid Cohen over Trump stuff? Trump is notoriously tech-averse, so he doesn't email, he mostly just talks on the phone. So, it stands to reason that Cohen wouldn't have any emails or anyth-

quote:

President Trump’s personal attorney Michael D. Cohen sometimes taped conversations with associates, according to three people familiar with his practice, and allies of the president are worried that the recordings were seized by federal investigators in a raid of Cohen’s office and residences this week.

Cohen, who served for a decade as a lawyer at the Trump Organization and is a close confidant of Trump, was known to store the conversations using digital files and then replay them for colleagues, according to people who have interacted with him.
--
It is unknown whether Cohen taped conversations between himself and Trump. But two people familiar with Cohen’s practices said he recorded both business and political conversations. One associate said Trump knew of Cohen’s practice because the attorney would often play him recordings Cohen had made of his conversations with other top Trump advisers.

“It was his standard practice to do it,” this person said.

Lordy, there are tapes

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

I've been wondering: why raid Cohen over Trump stuff? Trump is notoriously tech-averse, so he doesn't email, he mostly just talks on the phone. So, it stands to reason that Cohen wouldn't have any emails or anyth-

Lordy, there are tapes

My dick just leapt out of my pants and began strangling me, it's been a pleasure knowing you all.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

quote:

The first time Comey met Trump was at the pre-inauguration intelligence briefing. Comey, who is 6’8” tall, writes that the 6’3” president-elect looked shorter than he did on television. “His face appeared slightly orange,” Comey writes, “with bright white half-moons under his eyes where I assumed he placed small tanning goggles, and impressively coifed, bright blond hair, which upon close inspection looked to be all his.”

“As he extended his hand,” Comey adds, “I made a mental note to check its size. It was smaller than mine, but did not seem unusually so.”

:lol:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

facialimpediment posted:

Lordy, there are tapes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBdGOrcUEg8

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Preordered the hard cover.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Haha! That's the perfect way of putting it!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Maddow has the book in hand right now

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Omg I'm pre-ordering

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

shame on an IGA posted:

My dick just leapt out of my pants and began strangling me, it's been a pleasure knowing you all.

This better ship to the Pacific quickly; the anticipation is killing me.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I don't know the answer to this question and it will be one hell of a trivia question. I've done some minor googling and didn't find anything.

The question: has anyone received a presidential commutation AND a presidential pardon?

https://twitter.com/KFaulders/status/984600620958183425

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

BadOptics posted:

Haha! That's the perfect way of putting it!

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Comey did make this whole mess possible.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Stultus Maximus posted:

The gop approved nomenclature is Lyin Comey

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Trump ordered the USPS to examine their finances. LOL
NY Times has the headline

His decision definitely has nothing to do with Jeff Bezos, Amazon, or the Washington Post. Not at all.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Stultus Maximus posted:

did he restrain Hillary from campaigning in Wisconsin or something?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
How is it that, if you've got a bunch of records of shady poo poo and any sort of connection to Trump, you aren't storing those records in a steel drum buried in the woods in upstate New York underneath a thermite booby trap? Especially at this stage of Mueller's investigation, I just can't fathom why you'd keep that stuff around your office. Is it just so entangled with everything they've done that there's no way to load a few boxes into a U-haul in the middle of the night?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
yeah comey should have waited until after the election to release information relevant to the investigation into hillary clinton that he got before the election.

i'm sure that would have ended well for him.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

boop the snoot posted:

yeah comey should have waited until after the election to release information relevant to the investigation into hillary clinton that he got before the election.

i'm sure that would have ended well for him.

He waited until after the election to release information relevant to the Trump investigation.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Stultus Maximus posted:

He waited until after the election to release information relevant to the Trump investigation.

my point is he was in a damned if he did, damned if he didn't situation.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

boop the snoot posted:

my point is he was in a damned if he did, damned if he didn't situation.

My point is that in one case he did and in one case he didn't and that absolutely was an influence on a razor thin margin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I know that if I ever become FBI director, the first thing I'd do on the job is legalize every crime.

• Locked thread