Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

Why should he give a poo poo?

the gamer vote is crucial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
COD gamers are probably already voting for the LNP because that's what alt right MRA fuckweasles do isn't it

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
no they vote PUP

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

How soon people forget about the Wikileaks Party...

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

You Am I posted:

Who

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
They'd also vote for the Pirate Party, the Sex/Reason Party, etc etc before they'd vote LNP

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

You Am I posted:

We found a wikileaks party tote bag in the office last week it was a mirthful day.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

We'll also stop robbing war veterans and widows through keno and pokies around ANZAC day becahahahaha

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

JBP posted:

It is wrong and bad to be salty about foremost left wing party being a hosed up clown show.

Upon whose preferences your darlings political lifeblood depends. But don't let that stop you, I'm enjoying your clown show.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Other posted:

Has any one else been getting occasional phone calls the last few months from the CBA asking about what you plan to do with your savings account and if you want to come into your local branch and talk home loans? Today I got another one and they started asking about if I had any interest in investment properties as well, which was new.

About a month ago I went to my local CBA venue to deposit some money after a fundraiser. While I was there the teller was telling me how much money I have and was I saving up for anything. I told him that ideally I'd buy a house one day, but this isn't my money, and I'm waiting for a correction or burst. He told me again that I have a lot of money and should stay and talk to one of their lenders and take a loan. I declined.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

ewe2 posted:

Upon whose preferences your darlings political lifeblood depends. But don't let that stop you, I'm enjoying your clown show.

Hey nice clown show, idiot! (Said while being pied in the face from atop a unicycle)

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Yeah tithin. Tell your ANZ underlings to stop pedalling their A to Z survey every time I walk into a branch.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

High Overseer Dutton is pleased with the 7:30 Report. Funding will no longer be cut good dog.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
The matching camo outfits speaks volumes.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

ewe2 posted:

If the whole thing wraps up and dies because they can't exercise a single ounce of discipline my darlings won't care.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

itt goons being shocked at retail and call centre employees being given targets

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Posers get out

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Solemn Sloth posted:

Posers get out

I did it this morning:

"Your cultural tastes are most similar to a middle class woman, aged 40-59 with a postgraduate education."

It doesn't work good though because it doesn't ask what indulgences you enjoy ironically and also lists a large number of Australia authors. No one wants to read that boring poo poo.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

there's no such thing as ironic enjoyment. either you enjoy a thing or you don't

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The Before Times posted:

there's no such thing as ironic enjoyment. either you enjoy a thing or you don't

I enjoy... your posting :chaostrump:

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Anidav posted:

High Overseer Dutton is pleased with the 7:30 Report. Funding will no longer be cut good dog.

they look suspiciously like hickeys

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

I did it this morning:

"Your cultural tastes are most similar to a middle class woman, aged 40-59 with a postgraduate education."

It doesn't work good though because it doesn't ask what indulgences you enjoy ironically and also lists a large number of Australia authors. No one wants to read that boring poo poo.

I got the same thing, want to join my book club?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

The Before Times posted:

Agreed, experiences exist on a binary good/bad axis and nothing else matters. Anyone who claims to have a varied and textured existence is basically being a snob.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

It's cool how we all filled out and discussed a buzzfeed style personality test that amounts to little more than a mood ring simply because it was hosted on abc dot net dot au

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Amethyst posted:

It's cool how we all filled out and discussed a buzzfeed style personality test that amounts to little more than a mood ring simply because it was hosted on abc dot net dot au

I'd have filled it out if it was on BuzzFeed too :smug:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Bunch of arrests of Indigenous activists protesting the commonwealth games, one bloke is in hospital after allegedly attempting suicide in the back of a police van. This is the same guy who was restrained in NT detention a few years ago that made the news.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

checkmate athetits

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Amethyst posted:

I do all the BuzzFeed style tests because theyre fun. I learned that I repel intellectual women this morning which is bullshit because I've spent the last ten years trying to get away from smart women and date airheads.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

I do all the BuzzFeed style tests because theyre fun. I learned that I repel intellectual women this morning which is bullshit because I've spent the last ten years trying to get away from smart women and date airheads.

was the 'intellectual' qualifier really necessary, i would have thought all women are repelled by you

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Amethyst posted:

Agreed, experiences exist on a binary good/bad axis and nothing else matters. Anyone who claims to have a varied and textured existence is basically being a snob.

nice straw man dude

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

JBP posted:

I too am awash with women trying to date me.

Women, right?!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

bell jar posted:

was the 'intellectual' qualifier really necessary, i would have thought all women are repelled by you

That's what the test said tho

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm extremely handsome and successful irl in case you're having trouble identifying with my posting style and personal life experiences

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

*completes hundreds of facebook and buzzfeed quizes*

how does facebook know the things I am interested in?! why do they advertise to me?!

how are they spying on me?!

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Buzzfeed also told me that I'm married based on my morning routine so I'd take its conclusions with a grain of salt

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

GoldStandardConure posted:

*completes hundreds of facebook and buzzfeed quizes*

how does facebook know the things I am interested in?! why do they advertise to me?!

how are they spying on me?!

The only ads I get on FB are for dnd beyond, marvel movies and alcohol.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

I'm extremely handsome and successful irl in case you're having trouble identifying with my posting style and personal life experiences

same, except replace "extremely" with "moderately" in both instances

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It’s ridiculous to force owners to upgrade their properties to meet retrospective energy efficiency standards, the cost would be prohibitive in many of the older paper thin houses in inner Canberra, either further reducing the supply of free standing housing available in the rental market, or, most definitely increase rents. Rental investment is indeed a business, however not a charity, owners would be forced to make tough business decisions to assess the viability of their investment. With skyrocketing land tax and the costs associated with retrofitting an old shonky house without the prospect of increasing rents to offset the expenses most business owners would make the decision that it was no longer a wise investment. Rental stock would dwindle forcing rent up, renters to live in apartments or on the city’s fringes where newer houses have better energy efficiency. We live in one of these paper thin houses, where the temperature inside is the same as it is outside! But it would be inconceivable to waste money trying to improve this house that was so poorly designed from the beginning. But we wanted to live in a house, in this area, and we had to start somewhere. We prioritised saving over holidays, eating out and shopping, and finally got our foot in the door in this delightful house. We can’t afford everything we want at once, we will make do in this house, freeze and boil through another few Canberra seasons until we can afford to do something about it. Why should renters be any different, they can’t have their cake and eat it too. Save, buy, or accept some of the negatives that come with renting. The fact is landlords aren’t evil rich corporations and we actually need them to provide houses for people to live in.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The fact is landlords aren’t evil ... and we actually need them...

[Citation needed]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

It’s ridiculous to force owners to upgrade their properties to meet retrospective energy efficiency standards, the cost would be prohibitive in many of the older paper thin houses in inner Canberra, either further reducing the supply of free standing housing available in the rental market, or, most definitely increase rents. Rental investment is indeed a business, however not a charity, owners would be forced to make tough business decisions to assess the viability of their investment. With skyrocketing land tax and the costs associated with retrofitting an old shonky house without the prospect of increasing rents to offset the expenses most business owners would make the decision that it was no longer a wise investment. Rental stock would dwindle forcing rent up, renters to live in apartments or on the city’s fringes where newer houses have better energy efficiency. We live in one of these paper thin houses, where the temperature inside is the same as it is outside! But it would be inconceivable to waste money trying to improve this house that was so poorly designed from the beginning. But we wanted to live in a house, in this area, and we had to start somewhere. We prioritised saving over holidays, eating out and shopping, and finally got our foot in the door in this delightful house. We can’t afford everything we want at once, we will make do in this house, freeze and boil through another few Canberra seasons until we can afford to do something about it. Why should renters be any different, they can’t have their cake and eat it too. Save, buy, or accept some of the negatives that come with renting. The fact is landlords aren’t evil rich corporations and we actually need them to provide houses for people to live in.

Guillotine.

Alternatively, sell your slum you fuckin' slumlord.

• Locked thread