Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Smogon tier changes for April 2018:

▲ Jirachi moved from BL to OU
▼ Mienshao moved from UU to RU
▼ Bruxish moved from RU to NU
▼ Lucario moved from UU to RU
▼ Entei moved from UU to RU
▲ Miltank moved from PU to NU
▲ Latias-Mega moved from BL to OU
▲ Palossand moved from PU to NU
▼ Abomasnow-Mega moved from RU to NU
▲ Passimian moved from BL4 to NU
▼ Diancie moved from RU to NU
▼ Forretress moved from UU to RU
▼ Houndoom-Mega moved from UU to RU
▼ Samurott moved from NU to PU
▼ Typhlosion moved from NU to PU
▼ Gigalith moved from RU to NU
▼ Camerupt-Mega moved from RU to NU
▲ Amoonguss moved from UU to OU
▼ Comfey moved from RU to NU
▲ Hoopa-Unbound moved from BL to OU
▼ Ambipom moved from UU to RU
▲ Emboar moved from BL3 to RU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Lol the ambipom drop

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

yeah lots of love to ambipom

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
It's been a while since I've been to Smogon. What's PU? Pretty Useless?

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWl2Zgd0Qpk

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

MelvinBison posted:

It's been a while since I've been to Smogon. What's PU? Pretty Useless?

It's the lowest tier, below NU even. The name comes from this: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pee-ew

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

less laughter posted:

It's the lowest tier, below NU even. The name comes from this: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pee-ew
I probably should've seen that coming.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I dump my pokémon if they evolve into something too ugly. Ugly-cute, or cool-pretty are both acceptable, but if a pokémon evolves from, say, a donkey into a horse, that pokémon is going in the box.
Excuse me, giant realistically-sized muddy draft horse is great. :colbert:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Bongo Bill posted:

It would be decrepit old bird -> egg or nestling -> handsome young bird

evolves into

evolves into

I wonder...would a proper phoenix evolution line "die" at level 100 and be reborn in its first stage evo at level 1?
Or maybe there'd be an item *coughsacredashcough* that triggers growth/regression?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

we need more skeleton pokemon in my opinion

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
the best pokemon are weird and kinda creepy like parasect and drifloon

second best pokemon are pokemon that are badass like metagross and garchomp

third best pokemon are pokemon that are appealingly goofy losers like dunsparce and garbodor

pokemon that are just cute are bottom tier

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

sharrrk posted:

we need more skeleton pokemon in my opinion

How will they ever top baby vulture wearing a skull as a diaper though.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

I wonder...would a proper phoenix evolution line "die" at level 100 and be reborn in its first stage evo at level 1?

That's what I said

hangedman1984 posted:

have it be baby bird, adult bird, decrepit bird. But when it hits lvl 100 it 'evolves' into an egg that hatches into it's 1st evolutionary stage and be lvl 1, with the same nickname if nicknamed.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

less laughter posted:

How will they ever top baby vulture wearing a skull as a diaper though.

i dont like that pokemon so it would be very easy to me

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

less laughter posted:

excuse u, Garchomp is super cute

maybe if you like missiles and triangles going everywhere.

Meanwhile Gible is just a round fat sharkboy. Peak cute and also super goofy with his muppet mouth.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

sharrrk posted:

i dont like that pokemon

hosed up if true

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

FelicityGS posted:

maybe if you like missiles and triangles going everywhere.
hell yeah motherfucker

land shark land shark land shark

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Garchomp is an extreme cutie

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Celesteela can be cute.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Hoopa Unbound has been broken since day 1 I don't know why it's never gotten any traction

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I am Reverend posted:

Hoopa Unbound has been broken since day 1 I don't know why it's never gotten any traction

Doesn't it have a 4x weakness to Dark? Reasonably sure any pokémon that's used in Comp that can learn Sucker Punch would have it in their moveset

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
expert analysis mr. madden. boom

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Doesn't it have a 4x weakness to Dark? Reasonably sure any pokémon that's used in Comp that can learn Sucker Punch would have it in their moveset

You're thinking of Hoopa-Confined. Hoopa-Unbound has a 4x weakness to Bug.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I hate whatever dev decided to make R-Dex even more annoying

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
It has six dang arms! That's like Goro but even more-o.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zuzie posted:

Celesteela can be cute.

Celesteela is always cute.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Stakataka is the cutest Ultra Beast imo

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

I am Reverend posted:

It has six dang arms! That's like Goro but even more-o.

and they float too it's insanely sick

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
hoopa could do the thing where you make a circle with your thumb and index finger but do it across the world with portals and then punch you through a different portal with 5 other arms when you looked at it

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

indigi posted:

Stakataka is a concept I really liked - lots of defense, little HP - but overall Shedninja does it better.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

indigi posted:

Guzzlord, no contest.

OK, maybe a little bit of contest with Cosmog. Especially the baby one from the anime.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/04/random_as_the_pokemon_anime_hits_1000_episodes_one_thing_is_clear_ash_sucks_at_pokemon

Glad to know Pokemon/Nintendo sites love to gobble up that low hanging fruit.

I especially like how they seem to be under the assumption that anime trainers actually try to fill their Pokedexes, despite that only ever being a conceit of the first English opening.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Nodosaur posted:

I especially like how they seem to be under the assumption that anime trainers actually try to fill their Pokedexes, despite that only ever being a conceit of the first English opening.

Never mind the fact that every Pokémon is also given its own personality and story arc to develop and having too many characters in one story makes the work a total mess for the audience and writers themselves to keep track of. That's a basic mistake that amateur writers make.

Do these people remember that the first season filled up Ash, Misty and Brock's team and only Pikachu, Ash's starters and Misty's Psyduck contributed anything to the show itself? Does anyone remember Misty's Horsea? Brock's Zubat? Ash's Primeape?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I'm more annoyed he never evolves most of his pokemon. Like he'll still try to do the pokemon league with a Squirtle or whatever he has now.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
And something does evolve, he almost immediately gets rid of it. At least in season one, he kept Charizard, but ditched Butterfree and Primeape within one episode and didn’t evolve anything else.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ash is a cool dude who won't stand in your way of being a professional fighter or being with that girl you like.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Avalerion posted:

I'm more annoyed he never evolves most of his pokemon. Like he'll still try to do the pokemon league with a Squirtle or whatever he has now.

Everybody on his gen VI team was fully evolved, even the pseudolegendary whereas previously he just kept that as the first stage (Gible).

By the end he had four three-stage mons (Noivern, Talonflame, Goodra and Greninja) evolved all the way through from when he got them in their first stage, along with one single-stage mon (Hawlucha).

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

less laughter posted:

Everybody on his gen VI team was fully evolved, even the pseudolegendary whereas previously he just kept that as the first stage (Gible).

By the end he had four three-stage mons (Noivern, Talonflame, Goodra and Greninja) evolved all the way through from when he got them in their first stage, along with one single-stage mon (Hawlucha).

And then he lost..again. Like always. I genuinely don't understand what makes him a compelling watch, we all know he's never going accomplish a drat thing. Sorry if I'm coming off as salty here, but I guess I'm one of these people who has all these hopes for a kickass pokemon show and this is what we're saddled with forever. Could you imagine a show that followed Looker around instead? Holy poo poo.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

If the fights are the only thing that matters you haven't yet embraced the true spirit of Pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Alxprit posted:

If the fights are the only thing that matters you haven't yet embraced the true spirit of Pokemon.

How bout' he bores me on every conceivable level and the only thing he could accomplish at this point that would be interesting is at least fulfilling a goal. But status quo is God so.....yeah