Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ijyt posted:

This kind of posting makes me avoid this thread, I just want a nice civil conversation on optimal load outs and interesting custodian fluff but we can't even have that?

Toxic dude.

This is actually the next new Necromunda special character that FW is going to come out with, right before the next wave of Custodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Purchased the Pegasus truck and Container from puppetswar.eu. Most of it looks good, but the Container and Tow has some major yuck going on. I washed everything with warm water and soap, but this is some serious crud or whatever. Read a few working with resin guides but didn't see anything on this issue. Been a couple decades since I worked with anything this big made of resin.

https://puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=674

Should I just scrape this, or is there something else I should try? Or is it just messed up and in need of replacement?

Thanks!

My first guess from both home casting and stuff like Reaper is that they used excessive mold release agent, and it hosed with the resin mix (resin is hilariously sensitive to mix %), or failed to thoroughly mix the resin halves and ended up with the activating agent rapidly curing the top before the bottom half could receive any. If that entire side is soft or gooey or whatnot I'd ask for a return/replacement, if it's slightly malleable maybe give it a few days and see if it cures (though opaque resin should cure pretty fast, it's transparent resin that can take weeks to stop being bendy and limp).

The dark spots are probably residue or rust from a mold that hasn't been thoroughly cleaned; I'd say sand it with a paper filter mask on, but you should be doing that with all types of resin sanding.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 13, 2018

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I dont know which is better, the rage av or that they hosed up the hyperlink.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Neurolimal posted:

The text won’t load for me on mobile but probably the bad hyperlink tbh

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Hustlin Floh posted:

This is actually the next new Necromunda special character that FW is going to come out with, right before the next wave of Custodes.

The dude is also a custodes.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

The link actually works. I don't know why you're so invested in the link not working. :rolleyes:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
How about a custodes that is also a squat, he anklebit his way into the emperor's heart

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Pendent posted:

The text won’t load for me on mobile but probably the bad hyperlink tbh

They added an extra / at the end, presumably because they were trying to type it from memory. :allears:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Strobe posted:

They added an extra / at the end, presumably because they were trying to type it from memory. :allears:

That's a spear, so it's a Custodes, duh.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Strobe posted:

And now they've fixed it, so not only was someone angry enough to do it they were angry enough to waste $20 doing it twice.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
What a goddamn monster.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Yes the multiple posts in the 40k thread focusing on an avatar definitely show that you are all not upset.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Who would waste effort?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Artum posted:

And now they've fixed it, so not only was someone angry enough to do it they were angry enough to waste $20 doing it twice.

To be fair, that's only the cost of HALF of a single Dickbike mounted Custard Boi.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Legio-Custodes-Agamatus-Jetbike-Squadron

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Artum posted:

My god, that's almost the cost of an official GW Primaris Lieutenant!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ijyt posted:

Yes the multiple posts in the 40k thread focusing on an avatar definitely show that you are all not upset.

one time two people got in a avchange war over my avatar (someone though it was funny to swap my avatar with another poster's, said poster paid to change both avatars back, two kept doing it multiple times) and ended up spending around $240 total just so someone could retain their anime avatar in all its unsullied glory

I dont really care about avs because I seem to be a magnet for people with a chip on their shoulder and some spare cash, I'd buy plat long before I bought a picture square :v:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

I dont really care about avs because I seem to be a magnet for people with a chip on their shoulder

This must be it.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Broken Record Talk posted:

To be fair, that's only the cost of HALF of a single Dickbike mounted Custard Boi.

They really are dragging their heels with the 8th Ed custodes ports.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Broken Record Talk posted:

unless it's 20 euros for eurogoons for avchanges that's actually closer to 1/3rd of the price of a gilded dickbike

toxic recaster spotted

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Hustlin Floh posted:

My god, that's almost the cost of an official GW Primaris Lieutenant!

Yeah just think someone could have used that money to buy more mans and post pics showing off their work instead of attempting to own some jackass in an Internet slapfight.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
In the interest of having a more productive discussion about Custodes I was wondering how easy it is to use Custodes models in both 30k and 40k. I think they're kind of cool army and them having a use in both systems (much like my beloved Chaos Daemons have with AoS) is appealing.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Artum posted:

Lowtax is dying in a hospital bed, have you no sympathy?

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Buying models and playing the game hasn't been a requirement for this thread in a dog's age, my friend

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

AnEdgelord posted:

In the interest of having a more productive discussion about Custodes I was wondering how easy it is to use Custodes models in both 30k and 40k. I think they're kind of cool army and them having a use in both systems (much like my beloved Chaos Daemons have with AoS) is appealing.

At the moment, only the standard plastic ones from the Burning of Prospero release window are usable in both, but that will likely change in the future.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Also related to Custodes:

Bald marines/custodes: worst thing, or worstest thing?

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Hustlin Floh posted:

Buying models and playing the game hasn't been a requirement for this thread in a dog's age, my friend
Yeah, I quit playing back in 7th, but I still F5 the poo poo out of this page for all of my Custodes needs.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

You know what's silly? Custodians don't have a mop option. When I think of a custodian, I think of mop, not spears.

GW how could you do this to my verisimilitude.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

AnEdgelord posted:

Not too hard tbh, especially when the 30k stuff gets it's 40k rules at the end of the year(?). For now to convert from 40k to 30k the standard Custode squads just need separating into spears or sword/board, have the vexillia mixed back in and have a dude marked out as a squad leader. Wardens make good stand ins for the veteran fancyname squads, 40k Custodinators less so.

Biggest problem atm is that all the 30k Custodes armoured choices are all FW and all expensive even for FW.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I like my avatar, so posting in this thread has been good for me.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I like my avatar, so posting in this thread has been good for me.

It really feels like a labor of love

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

NovemberMike posted:

You know what's silly? Custodians don't have a mop option. When I think of a custodian, I think of mop, not spears.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/mobrules/works/26303536-jeff-the-custodes-1-custodes

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

How about a custodes that is also a squat, he anklebit his way into the emperor's heart

Impossible, the Emperor only have love for the tall.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Cainer posted:

Impossible, the Emperor only have love for the tall.

The Irken Imperium.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Stephenls posted:

The Irken Imperium.

The horus hersey just made a lot more sense.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
these last few pages have been lit

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Safety Factor posted:

Does Wazdakka make bikes troops? Does Sergeant Telion have a camo cloak?

Don't stop. Ever.

If we can get 5 full pages of everyone quoting vomit marines again, I'll truly be home

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I'm so glad some people still remember terminators not having terminator armour.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

NovemberMike posted:

Giggling in my head picturing lovingly converted Custodes with top knots for mop heads on the ends of the spears, painted like brown fabric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Deathrollas are an AA weapon.