Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Isn't that more a case of lovely dog owner

Seriously, that old lady was just the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:shittydog:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

:shittypop:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Good dog (and fox woman)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

um acktually they are grassrunners u plebian

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm glad that the age-old question of "do dog people still like to receive pets?" was answered with an emphatic yes by undertale

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Im trying to play just cause 3 and this online system can get hosed

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
dogs are cool and good and so is petting them

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm glad that the age-old question of "do dog people still like to receive pets?" was answered with an emphatic yes by undertale

That one dog got really freaked out by it tho

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
This isn't video game related but it is dog related and amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDh2zGgVZzM&t=258s

We have a surviving account of a greek guy from 2000 years ago gushing about what a good girl his dog is

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

We have a surviving account of a greek guy from 2000 years ago gushing about what a good girl his dog is

i like the content of this video but this guy's oratory has this appalling robotic meter

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The White Dragon posted:

i like the content of this video but this guy's oratory has this appalling robotic meter

I've seen people say that before but I don't hear it I dunno

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snooze Cruise posted:

Honestly, the yell button in Disaster Report is a better use of a button than the pet button in most video games, cause in the beginning where you are being a waiter for a fancy party your boss will keep getting piss at you for yelling, and if you carry the dishes and hit the yell button the dude drops the dishes to bring his hands to his mouth and its the funniest poo poo ever.

is there a video of this

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The Last Guardian was essentially a sequel to Pacman 2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cheetah7071 posted:

Roman poet martial had this one (pardon the bad copy pasta web translation i could do better but its not worth spending 5 mins)

Issa is more playful than the sparrow of Catullus. Issa is more pure than the kiss of a dove. Issa is more loving than any maiden. Issa is dearer than Indian gems. The little dog Issa is the pet of Publius. If she complains, you will think she speaks. She feels both the sorrow and the gladness of her master. She lies reclined upon his neck, and sleeps, so that not a respiration is heard from her. And, however pressed, she has never sullied the coverlet with a single spot; but rouses her master with a gentle touch of her foot, and begs to be set down from the bed and relieved. Such modesty resides in this chaste little animal; she knows not the pleasures of love; nor do we find a mate worthy of so tender a damsel. That her last hour may not carry her off wholly, Publius has her limned in a picture, in which you will see an Issa so like, that not even herself is so like herself. In a word, place Issa and the picture side by side, and you will imagine either both real, or both painted.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It is fact that a game letting able to let you interact with your pets is good. Take No more Heroes 2 for instance. In the 2nd one your cat got fat, and you can play with her, giving her exercisies, giving her diet cat food, playing a toy with her.

NMH2 good cat game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Shenmue might be the first game where petting a cat was major part of it and it is still one of the best

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Snooze Cruise posted:

Honestly, the yell button in Disaster Report is a better use of a button than the pet button in most video games, cause in the beginning where you are being a waiter for a fancy party your boss will keep getting piss at you for yelling, and if you carry the dishes and hit the yell button the dude drops the dishes to bring his hands to his mouth and its the funniest poo poo ever.

That sounds awesome lmao

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

homeless snail posted:

is #1 d-dog or Hey Its That dog

The dog mastermind of Silent Hill

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
a new food truck started coming by work

they sell 10 different varieties of chicken-waffle sandwiches

it's gonna take me a long time to get sick of this. spicy syrup oh my goddddddd

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Anybody remember a year ago when there were people saying no video game should be allowed to get a 10/10?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
G5F5

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Is there even one video game dog that isn't a Good Dog?

How about the Nazi guard dogs in the concentration camp level of Wolfenstein.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Anybody remember a year ago when there were people saying no video game should be allowed to get a 10/10?
well guess what this year's 10/10 is here and its *record scratch* The God of War??

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/guscraw/status/984376553114087425?s=19

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

no but i remember people saying that 20 years ago

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm kind of interested in GoW because I played the trilogy but it totally doesn't look anything like the previous games and seems like it's doing a 180 in tone completely.

Like, it can drop the dumb sex minigames and all that stuff but there was always something stupid funny about half the spectacle fights going on. The boss fights and the fact Kratos can do nothing but scream and act like a total neanderthal is silly as all hell.
Really dunno what they were going for by hyper toning everything down and making him seem like a wise old dad to [plucky youth].

E: Also you could call a phone line and listen to the producer of the game get murdered by angry moron man in the first game and I remember that being good

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

We all did caveman screaming in our college years but now that we’re older and settled down we have to mellow out and instead grow sick beards while teaching future generations to cleft our foes in twain with a boomerang axe.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

what is he smoking

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm kind of interested in GoW because I played the trilogy but it totally doesn't look anything like the previous games and seems like it's doing a 180 in tone completely.

Like, it can drop the dumb sex minigames and all that stuff but there was always something stupid funny about half the spectacle fights going on. The boss fights and the fact Kratos can do nothing but scream and act like a total neanderthal is silly as all hell.
Really dunno what they were going for by hyper toning everything down and making him seem like a wise old dad to [plucky youth].

E: Also you could call a phone line and listen to the producer of the game get murdered by angry moron man in the first game and I remember that being good

Reviews say the boss fights are every bit the spectacle they were before

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Is that stuff the Bethesda dude said or is it stuff the tweet is saying?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Dads love that poo poo and parents suck turds so gently caress em

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

glam rock hamhock posted:

Is that stuff the Bethesda dude said or is it stuff the tweet is saying?

It's a meme

I think it started with someone saying that about skies of arcadia

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
It does not help that all three games were done by different directors. (God of War)

First one was directed by David Jaffe 2nd one was directed by Cory Balrog 3rd one was directed by Stig Asumussen. It kinda showed in the games itself with the stories.

2nd one was Kratos was pure rear end in a top hat, so the fact Balrog is back for the new one is gonna be interesting to see where he is gonna take not rear end in a top hat Kratos (if that is what we are seeing)

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It's also a joke that Todd Howard is the mischievous Prince of Lies and really wants to know why you haven't bought every port of Skyrim yet.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I half expect in this age of self aware games that Kratos is going to kill a big scary monster and his kid is going to look at him all starry eyed and go "wow dad, I guess you really WERE the God of War!" while staring right at the camera

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Skyrim 2 is going to blow... us all away!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

Shenmue might be the first game where petting a cat was major part of it and it is still one of the best

Whatever happened to that Shenmue kickstarter campaign? Did that end up being a scam?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Whatever happened to that Shenmue kickstarter campaign? Did that end up being a scam?

They send out an update from time to time but who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

They better shenMOVE it!!!

• Locked thread