Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Ill buy one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
XL unless they got weird sizes like large long

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Mr. Nice! posted:

shirt sizes from last batch posted without comment:

L
M
L
XL
L
2XL
L
2XL
M
XL
L
L
2XL
L
M
L
3XL
M
L
XL
XL
XL
M
L
L
2XL
M
L
XL
2XL
XL
M
M
L
XL
L
XL
L
L
2XL
M
L
M
XL

:eyepop:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I'll take an XL.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Flikken posted:

I'll take an XL.

same

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Flikken posted:

I'll take an XL.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
So how is the ordering for this going to work? I can't remember how we did it with the Dick art book.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

McNally posted:

If we can come up with a way where we can all be assured that the t-shirts happen but also in a way that doesn't leave me stuck holding the bag if some of you turn out to be fuckwads, I could do the design I kicked up.

but time flows like a river

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Zeris posted:

but time flows like a river

incorrect it's five balls on the edge of a cliff

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Dillbag posted:

incorrect it's five balls on the edge of a cliff

It's four, you idiot!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Was an XL, now an L. I want.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Flikken posted:

So how is the ordering for this going to work? I can't remember how we did it with the Dick art book.

Someone sets up a paypal iirc

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Turn it over to Mr. Nice. I want one after I get a Hayard Gunnes shirt, but I can't get either right now. Some of us want it nice, safe, and available later.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I might be able to do a tshirt thing again. Lemme decide if i have the gumption.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

What, no wedding under the palm tree?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

nullscan posted:

What, no wedding under the palm tree?

Maybe just a tent. Would be hard to communicate what it is.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'd totally try to sneak that in to a school spirit week at middle school I teach at. There's always something like "activity" or "organization" day. Can't do it with the 420/69 stuff though :(

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Xl

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

LingcodKilla posted:

Maybe just a tent. Would be hard to communicate what it is.

tbh I think the drone gets the point across.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I found this post over in AI, it seems like it would be a better fit in here.

Combat Theory posted:

Hello friends!

Finishing up my degree at one of our military proving grounds here for a few more months. Sadly no pictures allowed but here is a good story.

I enjoy to participate in all kinds of test drives there but its a paperwork nightmare to prepare a "passenger ride" and the drivers usually take that drat serious... so after a while i asked around why that is so strictly governed.

Turns out that of course there were accidents leading to that.

The worst story i heard was a group of (former) officers paying the site a visit who got around to witness one of our MBTs drifting over a wet concrete circle at the end of one of our test tracks.

The concrete was wet because it was raining like hell and the officers took some shelter in our version of an MRAP that they used to get on the test track parked on the outside of the concrete roundabout.

one of the officers decided to go out and have a smoke with the Tank still running its circles over the conrete roundabout after each lap on the track and he decided to see "how close" he can get to the tank while it squeels its rubber blocked tracks over the concrete.

Long story short the Tank driver missed the apex as the rain increased and swung the rear end out a bit too far, squeezing the officers body in half between the 70 ton tank and the 10 ton MRAP.

Since then taking passengers and non test related personel to the tracks is a bit...firmer... regulated.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Tanks just really like to cut people in half. I've heard stories of M1 crews where the driver was halfway out the hatch and the commander hit the hatch override to unlock the turret traverse...with predictable results.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Tanks just really like to cut people in half. I've heard stories of M1 crews where the driver was halfway out the hatch and the commander hit the hatch override to unlock the turret traverse...with predictable results.

I've never heard of that actually happening but I'm going to guess that how touching the override when I was in was treated like uranium, it's probably one of those things that did happen but were just never talked about. And people got scared of it happening to them, and lets face it, it's a good thing to be really worried about.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I'd be in for a medium. I'm in the DC area so if necessary a DC goon can come take pictures of my house and put it on the internet if i fail to make payment.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’ll be hiding in your bushes next week.

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
I'd buy a L

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

There's a turret lock related to the driver's hatch now? These kids and their fancy tanks these days.

faddypaddy
Sep 3, 2011

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
Everyone gets a title or we lose it next year

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made Prod
I'll take a shirt. Medium.

Apathetic Medic
Apr 22, 2010

Fun Shoe
One large, please and thank you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I don't want anyone to know that I am a goon or a vet so I'll pass, but it is a funny design. Good job, nerds.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I’m entirely too poor to even consider it.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Soulex posted:

I’m entirely too poor to even consider it.

I'll buy you one.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Viva Miriya posted:

I'll buy you one.

Dude, Thanks!

XL here.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
XL here. How pay work?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
L.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Gonna be gone for 30 days because I'm the idiot but an L please.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I don't know how I've overlooked this thread because I have a zillion of these.

In 2004 our battery had a supply convoy running from Ramadi out to the Jordan border. One day the convoy is cruising down Route Michigan (main MSR across Al-Anbar) and one vehicle swerves wildly, runs off the road and the two guys in front dive out and commence puking. The convoy herringbones out and has a medic run over to check on them.

Turns out, one guy in the backseat had been an artillery observer with 1st Tanks during the initial invasion of Iraq, and in a tank unit in wartime you don't stop for anything. So when nature called, it didn't occur to him to ask the driver to radio the convoy commander and ask if we could take a break sooner than later. Instead, believing that keeping the convoy rolling was top priority, he just grabbed an empty MRE bag, turned around and hopped up on the seat, dropped trou and let go.

The shotgun heard a strange noise and turned his head, only to be confronted by a pulsing rear end in a top hat only inches from his face. He started retching and flailing at the driver, driver turned and saw (and smelled) it too and freaked out and tried to herringbone so he could puke. So brief alarm was had by all, and the passenger presumably learned that it's okay, when not actively under fire, to ask the convoy for a leg-stretch before commencing to poo poo in an MRE bag.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I'm steadily working through the thread from page 1, and apparently people here like stories of officers getting in trouble. Let me tell you the tale of how my TBS class (Marine basic officer class for all MOSs) destroyed the careers of three officers. And not the new 2ndLts, but two captains and a major, all for sex-related transgressions.

First one: we had a Mess Night for all the Lieutenants in our class, which turned into a pretty tolerable drunken mess. Among the high points was one of our butterbars sneaking to another class's armory to try and steal their guidon as a prank, and the lieutenant guarding it thought he was trying to steal a weapon so split his forehead open with a keystick. But that's not the point. The rest of us were doing "carrier quals" in an upstairs hallway, where you flood the floor with an inch or so of water, throw out soap and shampoo and whatnot to slick it up, then run down the hallway and slide on your belly penguin style. I was one of the smart ones, so I went back to my room to put on my flack and kevlar, and it was drat fun.

Our Battalion commander finally comes up, and very mildly announces that fun time is over and folks need to start cleaning up and turn in. Just as he's doing so, a door just a few yards away opens and out walks Major Smith with his arm around a half-dressed butterbar. He sees our CO, makes an "oh poo poo!" face and pulls her back into the room with him and slams and locks the door, and then pretends nobody's home when our CO starts pounding, until the CO threatens to get the keystick and the MPs and have him forcibly hauled out. He was a TBS instructor, so he was nailed for fraternizing beyond 1-up/1-down, messing with one of his own students, plus to top it all off he was married.

Second one: we had this really boring and frumpy SigInt woman Captain as a platoon commander, with just the dullest personality. Apparently she was more exciting then we thought, as for Fourth of July weekend she invited just two lieutenants, both handsome young guys, to hang out with her, maybe head up to the lake and watch some fireworks, back to the house and have a few brews, see where the evening takes us? I never heard the sordid details, and maybe it didn't get any worse than that, but apparently as soon as they told her they were starting an investigation, she announced she was resigning her commission.

Third one was the creepy one: another platoon commander was this Captain who was honestly a really good looking guy, and reasonably charismatic and pleasant... as long as you were male. Apparently every woman in the battalion knew him as that guy with the elevator-eyes and the constant "hey, what's up?" grin for anything with a vagina. He was apparently pretty good at keeping it hidden in public, but even earlier on in the course there was scuttlebutt that individual counselings for his male subordinates took 4 minutes but his counseling session with "Lieutenant Jugs" tended to be about an hour. I'd seen him at bars out in town schmoozing up what seemed to be very willing townie women, and knew he was a cocky bastard with a fancy car, but again we was a pretty discrete sex-creep.

The absolute last day of TBS, when we're all packed up and moved out of the barracks and just doing some final paperwork, the JAG comes out and announces that there have been allegations of sexual misconduct by Captain Smiley, and absolutely nobody is going anywhere until every swinging dick/labes files an official statement. There are people due at MOS school tomorrow, there are guys with their wives out waiting in the car, but the JAG is adamant. We don't even have notebooks or anything because we're all packed, so yours truly got clever and ran to the head and got a huge stack of white paper hand-towels to pass out, and folks fished around in their pockets to find pens to share. I, like pretty much any guy who wasn't directly in his platoon just took a towel and wrote "I am unaware of any such behavior, other than hearsay. Signed 2ndLt TTFA" That said, right after the JAG announced this, about 15 woman lieutenants left their seats and lined up on the stage to talk with her privately, and I later heard that a civilian woman who was a bartender at the unit had stated that he pressured her into sleeping with him by claiming some influence over her job.

I only heard the fallout indirectly, but apparently the sheer weight of a dozen women filing simultaneous harassment statements rightly torpedoed his career.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
If there's more T-shirt orders I'm in for an X-Large. I don't check this thread enough.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Okay, so here's what I've decided: Everyone who wants a t-shirt, please PM me. If you don't have PMs, let me know. I don't feel like crawling back over the thread to figure out who wants one.

I'll leave it open until... oh, let's say May 1. After May 1, I'll punch the number of shirts into the thing to get a price per unit and start discussing shipping charges and poo poo with you guys. Maybe finalize the design, too (bigger DroneObama? Bigger BushBomb? Smaller TrumpBomb? etc.)

After that we'll figure out payment and everything. This lets more people sign up if they want one and I get to kick the can on figuring all this poo poo out until after finals. Everyone wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

McNally posted:

Okay, so here's what I've decided: Everyone who wants a t-shirt, please PM me. If you don't have PMs, let me know. I don't feel like crawling back over the thread to figure out who wants one.

I'll leave it open until... oh, let's say May 1. After May 1, I'll punch the number of shirts into the thing to get a price per unit and start discussing shipping charges and poo poo with you guys. Maybe finalize the design, too (bigger DroneObama? Bigger BushBomb? Smaller TrumpBomb? etc.)

After that we'll figure out payment and everything. This lets more people sign up if they want one and I get to kick the can on figuring all this poo poo out until after finals. Everyone wins.

Oh, gently caress it, I'll hop in on this too.

Congrats McNally! Your first "small" size!