Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Someone post their gacha pull of the new Yukina 4* now the new bandori event is started so I can tell you to die

my best girl has eluded me. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I pulled Yukina but it was in KR.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here you go.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I bought some dresses and got a pull outta it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's not a Yukina.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It's the only luck I have to show this week

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Could be worse. I saw I had a ten ticket to use in side M and got an ssr there. Then I got cameramansan minimum waged.

I don’t even play side m

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
So I'm dumb and bought the $10/mo thing for bandori thinking that I could use the daily gems from it to do the daily paid-only discount single pull, and then spent the rest of the gems on a 10 pull. Except that the daily gems it gives count as free and not paid so now I can't even do the daily single pull :downs:

and I didn't pull a yukina either

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

astr0man posted:

So I'm dumb and bought the $10/mo thing for bandori thinking that I could use the daily gems from it to do the daily paid-only discount single pull, and then spent the rest of the gems on a 10 pull. Except that the daily gems it gives count as free and not paid so now I can't even do the daily single pull :downs:

and I didn't pull a yukina either

It's ok, you'd have realize you'd be mostly pulling 2* dupes anyways.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
actually, I think you'll find that daily pulls give 4☆s

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Hate-Senpai posted:

Here you go.

DIE

Four pulls... no Yukina.

Except another copy of my 4* Saya, which in my infinite wisdom decided to use to skill train so instead of my score being increased by 40% for 5.0 seconds, it's increased for..... 5.7 seconds! :what: Truly, SIF this ain't. I should have exchanged so I could have done that golden ticket gacha thing.

Ahh well. Time to calculate whether it's better to have cool-Roselias or 3*s on my team. Or whose episode I should unlock for more points...

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

actually, I think you'll find that daily pulls give 4☆s

Actually die. I am still without a 4*

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Allarion posted:

New idolw@tch schedule starting half an hour earlier now with more Aikatsu starting at 12:30 pm pdt/3:30 pm edt/7:30 pm utc on Saturdays, with a pre-show still happening before that. Pri-chan and Aikatsu are starting fresh so now's your chance to join in.

The schedule is
(preshow)Uma Musume
Kiratto Pri-Chan
Aikatsu Friends!
AKB0048
Pretty Rhythm Rainbow Live

Join us in making millions of friends in https://cytu.be/r/kotori!

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Soooooo on the advice of someone to start playing the jp server for practice since they have more songs and I can't tell when I'm doing bad playing Bandori, I did. And decided I'd reroll for a 4* starter.

Uh, first try got what seems to be the event Eve?

She's not my favorite, so... I'm kind of tempted to keep rerolling? Someone talk me out of it? Is it a good card?

Did I just loving use up all my drat gacha luck for the next year, RIP Maki birthday box??? :ohdear:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
There's no true optimal card considering how events and multiplayer work, but newer cards tend to be better. That Eve's a healer so nice to have as a beginner. Also, unlike SIF and idolm@ster, every card skill boosts score (since they realized early on no one was fielding healers and perfect locks), so every card basically boosts score. Just a lower percentage if they're a healer or perfect lock compared to pure scorers. Feel free to re-roll if you wish though.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
.... Mother of god.

Sweet merciful jesus.

Two solo yolos.

Two 4*s.

two girls I like.

I'm just... walking around the house in a daze. I don't know the numbers but this is pretty drat unlikely, isn't it.
I'm gonna go ahead and :suicide:

I know better than to believe in the gambler's fallacy but I'm gonna drop my paycheck on the Maki birthday boxes and get nothing. I just know it.
No. no I'll be okay. I just need to have shin godzilla in the background. And wear these same exact clothes as now. and be eating Town House crackers. At 8 o'clock pm. gently caress her birthday isn't gonna be on a saturday what should I do

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
hey. hey buddy. gently caress YOU!!!!

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

hey. hey buddy. gently caress YOU!!!!

:sparkles:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's time.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
To Love Live.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gonna watch episode 1 again.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I barely remember Chika's Friends.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'll say it again, Main Character Syndrome sure is a thing.

Everyone else just staying quiet so the important people can talk.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sometimes I miss the good old days when we had black strips on the top and bottom so subtitles didn't cover this stuff up.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good ring metaphor.

Because rings are like 0s.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Even more rings.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How did these girls manage to perform at the live in that condtion.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sadist Older Sister Figure Kanan Who Sits on You.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Keywords for S2 seem to be SHINE and FUTURE.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dia the third wheel....

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What the hell happened in Chika's family for her oldest sister to be like that.

The second sister and her mom and small and round and have short orange hair, and then the oldest is tall with long brown hair.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Chika wants to be moody but Riko's having none of that.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
One thing I really love about Love Live in general is that the uniforms are not uniform. Like, a set is based around a certain motif and pattern but there are different ways they play out.

I think the best example of that might be the Sunny Day Song uniforms.

There's like two major color schemes but the placement of the colors can be different, and stockings have unique designs with clubs and diamonds and hearts, with diamonds having larger patterns than the other suits.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Anyways that's what I thought while seeing this.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dang she's outrunning that dog.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How did Chika not even notice them when she ran in.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Keywords for S2 are SHINE, FUTURE, and MIRACLE I guess?

SHINE seems to be connected to the roots of Aqours V2 (and possibly V1 too I guess), Chika was inspired to become a school idol because she felt like she was just average and wanted to be just as brilliant as Muse.

FUTURE seems like it works in 2 ways. The first, obviously, is the uncertainty of the future of Aqours and their school. The mission of Aqours was to save their school by participating in lives, and it allowed them to set goalposts as a unit. Going from 0 (unknown and unrecognized) to 1 (gaining recognition) to 10 (the amount of prospective students) to 100 (who knows what this symbolizes) is an extension of that, I feel. And of course the main goal for the first half of the episode is the upcoming open school, and while Mari films her own dramatic subplot with Kanan and Dia, the rest of the girls continue to go down this plotline, with a seeming answer in the form of You's dad's friend.

Which leads to the second way I look at it, which is, what comes after? What will Aqours do if or when they save the school? In OG Love Live, they saved the school before the 1st season was even over, and came close to disbanding because of that whole issue over Kotori studying overseas for her, how should I put it, FUTURE. Heck, the OP even raises the question.

In the end, Chika resolves the second issue by going back to her roots of wanting to shine, which is symbolized like a light and I guess a paper airplane. It's something that's out of her reach, that she needs to constantly chase after. It's her inspiration, her motivation, her (pardon the wordplay) muse. It's her dream.

MIRACLE is tied with hard work, doing the best you can, not giving up until you try, and so on. Making the impossible possible, that's what a miracle is. The message being that you can't just wait for a miracle to happen, you have to try and do your best to change the odds and whatnot. The miracle S2 talks about isn't like winning the lottery, it's like struggling and doing everything in your power, and taking any sudden opportunities that make themselves available. It's the sort of miracle that you can only attain because you've worked so hard for it.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's time to finally watch episode 2.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
"Let's shine until the very end!"

Very next scene, all the girls just waiting silently in a hallway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah, so that's where the 100 comes in.

I get it.