Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

at least on buildings you’re more suspicious of geometry fuckery because of the building itself being visible when someone simply won’t go down no matter how much you shoot them. Out in the miramar hills when i’m accidentally shooting some invisible sand hill it’s not as obvious because I seem to recall that even blood spatters render even though the other side is safely behind cover and doesn’t notice a thing. (correct me if this is absolutely impossible, I think this happened to me a few times though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
The new circles owned and I am sad they are rolling them back. You could actually fight while the circle was moving in and then beat the circle running in, instead of having no chance if you got shot at while the circle was moving in on you.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

The new circles owned and I am sad they are rolling them back. You could actually fight while the circle was moving in and then beat the circle running in, instead of having no chance if you got shot at while the circle was moving in on you.

Yeah, this. I don't understand the people who said you couldn't fight anyone while the circle was moving anymore because it's literally the opposite? Fight, kill and loot them, walk in at a brisk pace and beat the circle.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I was able to catch the circle numerous times running with my gun out after picking fights in the later stages of the game. It really was amazing. But I guess everyone just wants to loot for 18 minutes and then play bushman.

underage at the vape shop posted:

i drew you a picture to help you understand, the guy crying is you

Put this in the OP.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they should just put loot in the bushes and behind trees and get rid of buildings

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Aren't they only rolling it back because of the circle placement, not the wall speed.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Jack B Nimble posted:

Aren't they only rolling it back because of the circle placement, not the wall speed.

PUBG COMMUNITY TEAM GUY posted:

"Yesterday we released an update that included some drastic changes to the delay and speed of our blue zones in each phase of the game. Your reactions to this change have been mixed, but we’ve ultimately decided to roll back this change and return to the drawing board. We feel there are some necessary changes we need to make to the blue zone, but we want those changes to be subtle in the spirit of finding the right balance."

They didn't really give a reason, just that reviews were mixed while mentioning both the delays and speed. Also as someone else posted, I think they accidentally increased the odds of getting an extreme edge circle instead of decreasing it. Which wouldn't surprise me at all, given the time that they "improved" the three-seater and turned it into a death machine.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

The new circles were awesome because a match ended sooner than later, I got tired of 40 minute slogs.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Sylink posted:

The new circles were awesome because a match ended sooner than later, I got tired of 40 minute slogs.

When have you ever had a 40 minute match. Also, do you win every single game? Wins are usually right around 30 minutes.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Thom P. Tiers posted:

This. I actually got caught out by the circle a few times, making me feel like a beginner, but I know it just takes time to get used to the rhythm.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
That's another thing that pisses me off. It's been live one day and they are rolling it back because of "mixed reviews." Just let people get used to it for a week or two and then make a decision. It's going to take more than a couple games to realize what you can and cannot do with the new blue circles. Boooooooooo.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Thom P. Tiers posted:

That's another thing that pisses me off. It's been live one day and they are rolling it back because of "mixed reviews." Just let people get used to it for a week or two and then make a decision. It's going to take more than a couple games to realize what you can and cannot do with the new blue circles. Boooooooooo.

Totally agree. Unless they hosed something up and they didn't implement the changes like they wanted to (which should have been caught in the test), at least leave it a little while so people can adopt the new meta. This is just silly and you can't be sure you learned anything from it.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
That was why I thought maybe they saw an actual glitch with the circle placement. Also because I had to traverse literally all of erangel, laterally, on my one game.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I was going through my clips yesterday and forgot I did this late one night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmG0Hd804Z8

The water is hilarious.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Hrm maybe they should have a special server where the community can test out new changes and give feedback in a reasonable amount of time, say a week

Oh you mean they hosed even that simple process too? It goes live on the test server one day, or sometimes the same day, as it goes on the live servers?

Good sense, these guys

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Hrm maybe they should have a special server where the community can test out new changes and give feedback in a reasonable amount of time, say a week

Oh you mean they hosed even that simple process too? It goes live on the test server one day, or sometimes the same day, as it goes on the live servers?

Good sense, these guys

I always laugh at the fact that they randomly drop an update, say it's live on test servers for "feedback," and then without fail push it to the live server 6 hours later.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

they likely got thousands of games worth of data and it probably screamed "this is hosed up". the early game specifically got thrown way out of whack.

i played 16 games on the new patch and the circle shifting was ludicrous in all of them. they probably saw some stuff was wrong with whatever they implemented. i still won 11 of those 16 though but the games were definitely 1000x more stressful for no reason. the stress in the game should come from the combination of your opponents skill and the circle movement but their lever had the circle movement accounting for too much of the stress. half the squads we were facing in end game had level 1 gear or no helmets at all and poo poo weapons. for an experienced squad the circle moving so far with every zone shrink meant we repositioned or caught circle because we already centered and shot all the poor under looted fools running around.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

It was pretty awesome though. It drove up scarcity which is good, not everyone in the last 30 is supposed to be fully kitted. I don’t get why even Bluehole thinks they should be.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

VulgarandStupid posted:

It was pretty awesome though. It drove up scarcity which is good, not everyone in the last 30 is supposed to be fully kitted. I don’t get why even Bluehole thinks they should be.

slaughtering noobs with micro uzis and shotguns in the final 20 is funny but its not exactly challenging. for fucks sake one of the teams that placed 2nd were naked and unarmdd and they easily made it to 2nd because everyone else besides us were too busy getting circle hosed to get a free kill.

i guess the thing i like is fighting on relatively equal terms with whomever was good enough to get into the top 10.

big issue i had is if you were in economy mode and you wiped a squad late they were usually worse off than you which sucks. we killed a squad of 4 and they had like 2 first aids. that poo poo sucks.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
On second thought, you are probably right. I was only playing duos last night and I loved it. But, now that I think about it, trying to loot up a full squad with those new circles would be... bad.

I need to find really good people to play with :(

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I was going through my clips yesterday and forgot I did this late one night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmG0Hd804Z8

The water is hilarious.

That was great!

Was this way back when water was bulletproof? I mean, they supposedly changed that.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Jerkface posted:

slaughtering noobs with micro uzis and shotguns in the final 20 is funny but its not exactly challenging. for fucks sake one of the teams that placed 2nd were naked and unarmdd and they easily made it to 2nd because everyone else besides us were too busy getting circle hosed to get a free kill.

i guess the thing i like is fighting on relatively equal terms with whomever was good enough to get into the top 10.

big issue i had is if you were in economy mode and you wiped a squad late they were usually worse off than you which sucks. we killed a squad of 4 and they had like 2 first aids. that poo poo sucks.

Don't knock the micro uzi. I've won games with it because I angled myself to get in close against my final opponents. I've melted dudes coming at me with 249's because they can't control that thing as easily as a kitted micro.

No one expects to get melted from 10 feet away in the late game. It's led to numerous people screeching at me and it's hilarious every time.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

That was great!

Was this way back when water was bulletproof? I mean, they supposedly changed that.

It was actually like a month or two ago. When I turned around to see that guy dead I was laughing so hard. Felt bad for him.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Don't knock the micro uzi. I've won games with it because I angled myself to get in close against my final opponents. I've melted dudes coming at me with 249's because they can't control that thing as easily as a kitted micro.

No one expects to get melted from 10 feet away in the late game. It's led to numerous people screeching at me and it's hilarious every time.

I enjoy having the vector in late game because it can bullet hose like the uzi, but has a bit better range on it just in case they're outside that distance.

When you can come up right on someone the uzi is hard to beat, though.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Commoners posted:

I enjoy having the vector in late game because it can bullet hose like the uzi, but has a bit better range on it just in case they're outside that distance.

When you can come up right on someone the uzi is hard to beat, though.

A kitted vector is definitely a face melter as well and I've had a lot of good luck with it. It just takes a lot more to get kitted than the uzi.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

A kitted vector is definitely a face melter as well and I've had a lot of good luck with it. It just takes a lot more to get kitted than the uzi.

A full vector and a sniper is the best loadout in the game imo

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerkface posted:

Yeah this was more or less my experience. It was really easy to figure out the correct decision tree for the new circles because they were so very limiting and winning seemed to be both easier and more boring. I think they wanted the mid game to be more intense and have less people camping idly but my experience was that the mid-game was completely devoid of fights because everyone I met was running desperately, then suddenly there are 30 or so people alive when there should be 15 and they all murder themselves in 30 seconds. Then it's back to how it used to be before but no one has loot and they just die.

Also, ironically enough, you get a far more massive advantage for being a loot goblin if the circle decides to favor you, which I doubt was the intention.

Sylink posted:

Looking at my victories the new circles shaved off 1 to 3 minutes. I'd like to know when did you ever play a 40 minute match.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 13, 2018

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Now I'm curious what the fastest time a PUBG match has ever been finished in.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

In the plane. I wish I was joking.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 13, 2018

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

in the lobby when everyone quit because it was miramar

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Hell yeah, I'm glad they realized how bad they were. Out of all of the rushed changes to this game this one probably annoyed me the most. The game plays better when you have time to plan your moves and work your way towards the final zone, not in a mad dash that if you happen to get in a fight or can't find a car you're hosed in the wasteland.

Jerkface posted:

in the lobby when everyone quit because it was miramar

I back out of Erangel all the time, I find Miramar to be a much better map. It's a lot harder due to the terrain, but the terrain allows for flanking and cover and rarely is the final circle in an open field or in lovely woods with trees that provide the worst cover ever.

I mean Miramar still sucks in a lot of ways and I feel bad defending it, but Erangel is trash.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

weg posted:

Hell yeah, I'm glad they realized how bad they were. Out of all of the rushed changes to this game this one probably annoyed me the most. The game plays better when you have time to plan your moves and work your way towards the final zone, not in a mad dash that if you happen to get in a fight or can't find a car you're hosed in the wasteland.

You could literally outrun the circles with a gun out by a good amount after the 3rd circle from the most extreme edge. The circle speeds owned. On second thought, I think they messed up a bit with the in between times. I agree with lowering them, but they lowered them so drastically.

I like the first delay change. But 2 through 5 are pretty drastic changes and they would have been much better off just cutting them down by 30 seconds instead of a whopping almost 2 minute difference on that second circle timing.

2 - 150
3 - 120
4 - 90
5 - 90

Probably would have been better, especially for full squad play.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

willroc7 posted:

At this point I genuinely want to see clips of what you are describing. If it's so prevalent across all the big STREAMERS it should be easy to find. And again, I have experienced wonky terrain bugs on miramar but they account for a very very small portion of total encounters. Not 90%...

Good god you need a hobby.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Thom P. Tiers posted:

You could literally outrun the circles with a gun out by a good amount after the 3rd circle from the most extreme edge. The circle speeds owned. On second thought, I think they messed up a bit with the in between times. I agree with lowering them, but they lowered them so drastically.

Yeah, the speed wasn't the biggest issue. It was the lack of time in between them was the killer.

I've thought that it might be cool if the circle is always moving in from the round start, but just slightly slower than the player's run speed. That way you can get out ahead of it but it's always slowly closing, eventually slowing down towards the diameter of the current final couple of circles.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

ChesterJT posted:

Good god you need a hobby.

This is it.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

"Oh cool three new pages to read," I thought foolishly

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

War is going all weekend right? Haven't had a chance to try that yet, hoping to hop on in a few hours.

e: probably after another 6 GB patch tho

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah last night it said "70 hours left"

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
war sucks poo poo, 30 people in a tiny circle and you can get shot out of the sky. 10 v 10 v 10 is dumb. you like school? well, imagine going to school ALL YEAR ROUND

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I live for dumb gimmick events