Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

GreenNight posted:

All I want to know is what the hell is up with those green hands pointing.

A city-wide art installation, serving as a reminder that each and every one of us stands accused by the Hulk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
They looked like they were telling me where to sell gold

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Want to hide a secret paramilitary institution in the middle of a large urban area? Easy, just put up a shitload of hands that point away from it.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

regulargonzalez posted:

I don't want to be attracted to Tim Curry :(

If it makes you feel any better he totally agrees with you. He actually gained weight intentionally after Rocky Horror blew up just because he was so sick of people being thirsty for him.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

GreenNight posted:

he made a fancy necklace that always points at him why not have some big green(red) hands always pointing at him the same way

Fickle Isthmus
Aug 2, 2003

I've not turned up yet 'ave I?

WillyTheNewGuy posted:

Well in the comics...

Maybe spoiler tag? I know the comic is old, but I've been enjoying the series so much I've been thinking of reading the source material. I've been hesitant because the show seems to be doing it's own thing, and while I'd like to be surprised by how they spin it by reading the comic, if I do I'd like to go in fresh.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

The only Legion series I read was Si Spurrier's run and that's all I'll ever need

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Also, if the demon with yellow eyes really is just wearing Lenny as a mask I want to see a re-edit of the season 1 fake hospital Lenny dance scene where it's the demon guy writhing around and bump-and-grinding.

https://youtu.be/6AfE3TDJwHs

young Tim Curry :mad:

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

J33uk posted:

Want to hide a secret paramilitary institution in the middle of a large urban area? Easy, just put up a shitload of hands that point away from it.

I think this is unironically the answer, the hands are a psychic device to make people not see the building.

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

Fickle Isthmus posted:

Maybe spoiler tag? I know the comic is old, but I've been enjoying the series so much I've been thinking of reading the source material. I've been hesitant because the show seems to be doing it's own thing, and while I'd like to be surprised by how they spin it by reading the comic, if I do I'd like to go in fresh.

Added at your request, apologies.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

GreenNight posted:

"Hulk go that way. No, wait! That way!"

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Navid Negahban was loving amazing, I really hope we see more of him. How crazy is it that they've had three people playing this character now and they're all phenomenal

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

J33uk posted:

I like that the moustache bots and the heavily armed children casually walk around outside where everyone can see them.

night slime
May 14, 2014

Gorilla Salad posted:

I like that the moustache bots and the heavily armed children casually walk around outside where everyone can see them.

I'm kind of grateful this show doesn't concern itself with the outside world. In the last 50 dumb supehero movies they're always cutting to some extra pretending to be amazed at wire work, or they're offhandedly talking about some dumb historical event that happened in the previous Avengers movie to make sure you know it was a big deal.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
To be fair, in order to enjoy the show you have to accept that it takes place in a weird world, that it so far do any really try to explain.

It is much harder to have a ton of movies and tv shows that place in the same universe, where the audience expects references to everything else that happens.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

GreenNight posted:

At first, I thought they were a Yellow Submarine reference.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Hakkesshu posted:

Navid Negahban was loving amazing, I really hope we see more of him. How crazy is it that they've had three people playing this character now and they're all phenomenal
Seriously. I didn't think that they could possibly find someone as entertaining to watch as Aubrey Plaza, yet here we are. This show rules.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

WillyTheNewGuy posted:

Well in the comics David Haller is able to absorb the psyche of anyone who dies around him. Syd was in David's body and accidentally killed girl Lenny and absorbed the psyche without meaning to (I imagine). At that time SK is attached to David and he takes control of this psyche and uses it against him. Think of Lenny as a puppet and right now Farouk is controlling her strings, and can channel his power through her image. It wouldn't surprise me if at some point Lenny is able to escape Farouk and ride around in David's head again but as fun-time nut house Lenny instead of scary monster Lenny.

Hmm. That does make a lot of sense. Adding it to the theory pile.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

night slime posted:

I'm kind of grateful this show doesn't concern itself with the outside world. In the last 50 dumb supehero movies they're always cutting to some extra pretending to be amazed at wire work, or they're offhandedly talking about some dumb historical event that happened in the previous Avengers movie to make sure you know it was a big deal.

i'll agree with you on the first one that by this point, nobody should really be shocked at what happened in the MCU but I like that they reference things like Sokovia or the Attack on NYC because it means those things were actually important rather than just being casually swept aside like most things are to make room for the next big whatever that's going on.

glitchwraith posted:

Hmm. That does make a lot of sense. Adding it to the theory pile.

This is actually my theory to some extent too; I think Shadow King basically used David's "reality warping powers"(not a spoiler per say just comic book speak for the ability to do whatever the plot demands) to absorb Lenny so he could control David better. By locking her inside his own mind, he could keep her even if her lost control of David.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 13, 2018

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

PaybackJack posted:

i'll agree with you on the first one that by this point, nobody should really be shocked at what happened in the MCU but I like that they reference things like Sokovia or the Attack on NYC because it means those things were actually important rather than just being casually swept aside like most things are to make room for the next big whatever that's going on.

Just finished the first season of Jessica Jones and I love the way the Avengers movies and heroes are tied in.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Flyinglemur posted:

Just finished the first season of Jessica Jones and I love the way the Avengers movies and heroes are tied in.

I would say that it's even better in second season because "The Defenders" weren't a common knowledge team but with a good number of them, the expectation on her to be a hero after the end of the first season. A lot of people didn't like season two but I thought after the loathesome character that Killgrave was to her; it was very cool for them to go in a more perpendicular direction and have her antagonist be someone that she's a lot more conflicted about how to deal with.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I adored the Amahl Farouk portrayal, but it kinda bugs me how this, erudite, chatty, seemingly sophisticated and murderous "gentleman" is supposed to be the same entity as the the monster from the previous season. They're so different.

Athough they're both kinda playful in a bloodthirsty kinda way.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

double nine posted:

I adored the Amahl Farouk portrayal, but it kinda bugs me how this, erudite, chatty, seemingly sophisticated and murderous "gentleman" is supposed to be the same entity as the the monster from the previous season. They're so different.

He tricks you.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Also, the situation was different. In the first season, he was inside David's head while now he's inside Oliver. It stands to reason that he's using a different method of manipulation after he got expelled from the most power mutant ever.

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

double nine posted:

Yeah, and I also had a hard time believing that the guy who politely spoke with agent Clarice Starling was the same Dr. Lecture who kills a guard and mutilates it to look like an angel. As we all know, monsters always seem like monsters and never hide behind a charming facade.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

WillyTheNewGuy posted:

Yeah, and I also had a hard time believing that the guy who politely spoke with agent Clarice Starling was the same Dr. Lecture who kills a guard and mutilates it to look like an angel. As we all know, monsters always seem like monsters and never hide behind a charming facade.

I mean, I know he was patronizing and everything, but give the guy a break, he rarely got to talk to people.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

GreenNight posted:

I think you mean Red hands, mr. RedNight.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

They were all the obvious red flags surrounding and pointing to David that Syd can't notice because she has deluded herself into thinking they are actually good things.

LinkesAuge
Sep 7, 2011

Wafflecopper posted:

Isn't Farouk Moroccan? They do speak French there but also Arabic and Italian. He spoke a bunch of languages in that scene, not just French and English

e: Spanish not Italian

He also spoke german (obviously because every bad guy has to ;)).

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Pussy Quipped posted:

They were all the obvious red flags surrounding and pointing to David that Syd can't notice because she has deluded herself into thinking they are actually good things.

Holy poo poo. I didn't even *think* about how the color tied in with the whole red/green thing. This show is such a god damned onion.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

double nine posted:

Season 1 was tinted by David's scrambled brain trying to comprehend his form while Farouk was similarly trying to evade detection.

Season 2 he finally revealed who he was, and if his "...and then what?" exchange doesn't make you see the real monster is a thousand times worse than the horror movie monster then I don't know what to tell you.

e: Basically, the Devil with Yellow Eyes, World's Angry Boy in the World, and Lenny/Benny were Farouk just screwing around. Now he's eaten an entire nightclub and is ready to get down to business.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Chokes McGee posted:

Season 1 was tinted by David's scrambled brain trying to comprehend his form while Farouk was similarly trying to evade detection.

Season 2 he finally revealed who he was, and if his "...and then what?" exchange doesn't make you see the real monster is a thousand times worse than the horror movie monster then I don't know what to tell you.

e: Basically, the Devil with Yellow Eyes, World's Angry Boy in the World, and Lenny/Benny were Farouk just screwing around. Now he's eaten an entire nightclub and is ready to get down to business.

gently caress yeah.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

We don't know he has eaten anything, or if he is just spreading some psychic malaise, but if SK is collaborating with David, and if he had a hand on pushing David around for this...

...Well, there is a reason why David is called Legion in the first place :)

Also, since extratemporal fuckery is now confirmed and the inner aspects are debating strongly than before, I am thinking that this is the season where he finally is going to earn the callsign/nickname by having Alt-Legion no. 322 undoing whatever stupidity that makes Legion A go apeshit and break the world

late edit: poo poo there is so much going on this show that is making season 1 positively quaint in comparison

the labyrinth/maze references and the minotaur/wheelchair creature-thing keeps popping up and what the gently caress is Legion unconsciously warping everybody's consciousness?

dead gay comedy forums fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Apr 14, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

regulargonzalez posted:

I don't want to be attracted to Tim Curry :(

Fake human spotted.

Not Tim Curry though...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKMcw8Jpvas

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Apr 14, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pussy Quipped posted:

OK, mind blown, I love that detail.

I also feel confident it was actually the intent, it just went over my head.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Chokes McGee posted:

I dont understand what he meant by the last 'and then what...' Was he just pointing out to Lenny that she is mortal?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Dark Off posted:

Its all imagination, or delusion. Check the background.

except david is probably powerful enough to shape the world to conform his delusion.

This is really reminiscent of a stretch of X-men comics done by Mike Carey where Legion creates a parallel world where he's a hero fighting with the X-men against an implacable horde of faceless enemies intent on destroying the last bastion of mutantdom. The gray palette, the ludicrous architecture

e: dunno why my pics aren't showing

e2:

Goofballs posted:

I keep forgetting this is based on some comic spin off of the x-men. Are the google results of legion and Proteus what I should think dark future might be based on?

I'm thinking it's more the Logan timeline (the movie).

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 14, 2018

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I dont understand what he meant by the last 'and then what...' Was he just pointing out to Lenny that she is mortal?

He’s threatening her with what he’d do to her after her death.

In other words, death will not be the end and she’ll wish it were.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Shageletic posted:

[timg]http://www.mylatestdistraction.com/mylatestdistraction/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Age_of_X_5_X-Men_Legacy_247-interior.jpg[/]

[timg]http://theshortbox.thefwoosh.com/files/2011/01/XMEN_245_PREVIEW5W.jpg[/]

e: dunno why my pics aren't showing

Looks like you might be trying to hotline those pictures. Use Imgur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Or at the very least, she'll wind up back where she is now.