Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
im not gay or anything but Zeke has the sculpted body of a greek god and will put up 2k yards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Tom Sellout posted:

im not gay or anything but Zeke has the sculpted body of a greek god and will put up 2k yards

Much like a greek god, Zeke will spend this season chained to a rock while eagles rip out his guts

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Vengarr posted:

Much like a greek god, Zeke will spend this season chained to a rock while eagles rip out his guts

This is good

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Yodzilla posted:

This is good

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I just don't see any excuse for ONE guy to go down on a defense and then the whole defense turns into garbage.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

89 posted:

I just don't see any excuse for ONE guy to go down on a defense and then the whole defense turns into garbage.

Or a left tackle.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Or a left tackle.

Losing an All-Pro LT is a pretty good excuse for an offense falling apart.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

Sean Lee still does not have a backup worth a drat. I will be unironically happy when they draft Leighton Vanderesch at 19 and have him split snaps with Jaylon Smith until Lee explodes.

Chaz Green had been a quality swing tackle. They then haphazardly moved him to guard where he didn't have the strength or developed technique to play. This in turn hosed with his technique as a tackle to the point where a decent rotational pass rusher beat him for five sacks using the same move. They continued to leave Green on an island throughout the game. It was a coaching failure on multiple levels. Losing an all-pro left tackle will screw up any offense to a significant degree, but it should never result in the Adrian Clayborn abuse show. I'm pretty sure they fired their offensive line coach because of this.

This team is so incompetent that even when they do have depth, they find a way to gently caress it up. Green is one incident, but they might do similar with La'el Collins. They started his career inside, pushed him outside last year and will slide him back inside if they don't draft a starting caliber guard. Even though he's talented enough to get by on raw ability, the guy's technique is a mess. This is not a playoff team without dominant offensive line play and 16 games of Zeke. They're gambling hard on immediate returns from the upcoming draft. To me, that is a dumb way to run a team. Things like this separate the Eagles and the Cowboys.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

NotWearingPants posted:

Losing an All-Pro LT is a pretty good excuse for an offense falling apart.

Tell that to Big V

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Or a left tackle.

Eagles lost Johnson last year and the line fell to poo poo...

And yes I know Lane is a RT

Also Lee is the captain of the D. So they basically lose their defensive play caller

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Tom Sellout posted:

Chaz Green had been a quality swing tackle. They then haphazardly moved him to guard where he didn't have the strength or developed technique to play. This in turn hosed with his technique as a tackle to the point where a decent rotational pass rusher beat him for five sacks using the same move. They continued to leave Green on an island throughout the game. It was a coaching failure on multiple levels. Losing an all-pro left tackle will screw up any offense to a significant degree, but it should never result in the Adrian Clayborn abuse show. I'm pretty sure they fired their offensive line coach because of this.

Yeah, the Cowboys offensive scheme relies on essentially putting Tyron Smith on an island because, as one of the league's best tackles, he's good enough to go one-on-one with any pass rusher. When he's out, they can't do the same thing with Chaz Green, who was serviceable but doesn't have the same athleticism or awareness. What I think you're missing is that the team was OK when Smith was hurt last year because of two factors, the first being obvious (having Elliott in to force the defense to take the run seriously on every down), and because last year the team had Ron Leary at left guard, who was significantly better than Jonathan Cooper and able to provide more help to Green when he was in. When you combine the two factors and the other team gets a 2-score lead, then that gives their pass rushers free license to sell out against the run in favor of rushing the passer, because no one is afraid of 2017 Alfred Morris breaking a huge run.

I'm not sure they're off on their strategy for Collins. It's clear that he's not a good answer at tackle, and so moving him back inside seems like the right move. Fixing his technique is a matter of coaching. So yeah, he's probably hosed

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Good thing the Cowboys have a coach who can right the ship in the face of adversity.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Man, I'm so happy, of all players, Brandon Graham ended up being the Eagles Super Bowl hero.

Then, Foles just shoving it to all of his doubters ever in the NFC Championship + Super Bowl just released so many past demons as an Eagles fan. AGAINST THE PATRIOTS. I loved Foles back in 2013 & even 2014 when he was so so. I dunno how many drunken 4 AM Madden dimes were dropped on DeSean Jackson from Foles in my time. I started watching and fell in love with the Eagles in 2010. So, for me, it was an amazing & unexpected end to a story.

This season was just so complete. loving amazing. Also met the love of my life during it and am probably gonna marry her. Ironically, she's a Cardinals fan. Met her....on the day of the Eagles/Cardinals game. lolz. Went back to college. Bought a house. Won a Super Bowl. Life's great

89 fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Apr 11, 2018

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/984804089576828928

:smug:

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Farewell sweet prince.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/984828198952325121

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
https://twitter.com/Spags52/status/984832069934206976

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

It was going to be a stretch regardless, but this team isn't making the playoffs

WhollyChao
Jul 16, 2005

Stand Up Or Give Up
https://twitter.com/Lanejohnson65/status/984848534921867264

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lol Cowboys fans complaining about Dez's drops, welcome to a team that fixed Nelson Agholor, Dez!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Dez will go to Washington because Snyder is a loving moron.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

He’s gonna go to NY

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

NY cuts OBJ and he goes to Dallas, Dez goes to NY. That'd be hilarious.

Uber-comedy option is going to Philly but I don't see it happening.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is that because of the cap or is he bad and old

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

euphronius posted:

Is that because of the cap or is he bad and old

Both

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Maybe he means once in the regular season and then in the Super Bowl. Makes you think.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Lol Cowboys fans complaining about Dez's drops, welcome to a team that fixed Nelson Agholor, Dez!

Agholors turnaround was some serious :eyepop: poo poo. More wideouts should see a sports shrink.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I loving hate Dez Bryant.

However...

Alshon / Dez / Wallace / Agholor / Ertz would be fun on Madden.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
You can only keep so many WRs. And the Eagles would like to develop some young talent. Wallace is on a one year deal and there's a very strong possibility Agholor will be gone after 2018. So even on a minimum salary, Dez would not appeal to me.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
https://twitter.com/NBCSPhilly/status/984895176953999361

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I want a contract that pays me millions years after I quit

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Raku posted:

I want a contract that pays me millions years after I quit

that's not how it works

It's dead cap from bonus money that was paid upfront. It's not like say, the Mets paying Bobby Bonilla

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Apr 15, 2018

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/985520020582273026

Asleep in his car blocking traffic at Broad and Pattison, tazed after becoming combative with police, gun found at the scene.

Not a good look for a guy trying to make a team with a surplus of CBs.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

NotWearingPants posted:

https://twitter.com/JimmyKempski/status/985520020582273026

Asleep in his car blocking traffic at Broad and Pattison, tazed after becoming combative with police, gun found at the scene.

Not a good look for a guy trying to make a team with a surplus of CBs.

lol I didn't read enough to get the actual street names. Man, my boy really hosed it on this one.

We get any compensation from da league for this?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Drive so drunk you fall asleep at a light and block traffic, try to fight with the cops and get tazed, and then they find a gun in the car. That's a real loving triple play right there. :byewhore:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I know I'm a homer because I'm like, maybe he just needs a second chance. Don't give up on him just yet

If he was a cowboy I'd be calling for his head

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I feel like at 23, you're either smart enough to get a loving Uber or you're too stupid to ever learn. Just cut him.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Vengarr posted:

I feel like at 23, you're either smart enough to get a loving Uber or you're too stupid to ever learn. Just cut him.

This would be a much different post if that was Carson Wentz

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

This would be a much different post if that was Carson Wentz

The greatest mistake of Carson Wentz' life was getting himself locked inside a WaWa bathroom, not "Passed out drunk at red light, fought the cops, got tazed, had an unlicensed gun"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Vengarr posted:

The greatest mistake of Carson Wentz' life was getting himself locked inside a WaWa bathroom, not "Passed out drunk at red light, fought the cops, got tazed, had an unlicensed gun"

I know, I'm just saying if Carson Wentz attacked Police Officers in the middle of the highway we'd all be twisting ourselves into pretzels saying we hope that troubled young man gets the help he needs

Also probably LET'S SEE THE BODY CAMERAS THEY STARTED IT

• Locked thread