Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Still waiting for a Rex figure from Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cakefarts Carol posted:

i'm sure the plot to this is very cerebral and engaging

the Plot plot is pretty dumb once it gets serious, but the opening stuff about an evil cartel of spherical rabbit people building robots for some reason is good. The main strength is that the characters are well written and pretty funny. One of the main characters is a tiny angry catgirl voiced by a woman with a thick Welsh accent, she's the best

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Nanigans posted:

S.H. Figuarts Bulma rules:

I'm not a toy collector, but I've always loved looking at the DB/Z/S Figuarts figures. I just got a job working cons for GalacticToys, so I may end up spending some of my pay on some.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

Vintersorg posted:

Aaah, Witcher 3 Nendoroid is amazing.

I need this in my life

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Aphrodite posted:

It’s Xenoblade 2. They’re swords.

Is there any reason they have huge tits and skimpy outfits or do I just blame Japan?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

s.i.r.e. posted:

Is there any reason they have huge tits and skimpy outfits or do I just blame Japan?

Pretty much just Japan.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lol yeah American comics never put ladies in skimpy clothes for no good reason, yup, it's all the fault of the nefarious orientals

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

purple death ray posted:

Lol yeah American comics never put ladies in skimpy clothes for no good reason, yup, it's all the fault of the nefarious orientals

Galaxy brain: "ironic" racism

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

Is there ever a reason?

Besides Quiet in MGS5 of course, which as predicted made us all ashamed of our words and deeds.

purple death ray posted:

It's a game.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Unfortunately the only figures for the extremely unskimpy clothing comic announced so far is a nendoroid

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Nendoroid has a weird pedo vibe to them. Chibi stuff is creepy as hell. Imo of course.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That's why you only buy the ones with bearded men.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Louisgod posted:

Nendoroid has a weird pedo vibe to them. Chibi stuff is creepy as hell. Imo of course.

Teenage Fansub posted:

That's why you only buy the ones with bearded men.

I bought one without a beard... uh oh...

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Buy Nendoroid Kirbies. ALL of the Kirbies. They're pretty much perfect. Just a not-quite-a-sphere body that splits in half so you can take the entire front half off as a face plate and put a new one on, magnetized for you to attach limbs and accessories.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Louisgod posted:

That's a spicy take, are you gonna use it to season your beef jerky?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/NendoVsFunko/status/984278924359356416

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Funko Flash is less creepy than Nendo Flash.

The Nendo Flash is a baby giving you bedroom eyes.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Early on Funko's pop stuff had a surprising amount of unique sculpts and parts per release. Then they went crazy and, well, blue snowman.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Neurolimal posted:

Early on Funko's pop stuff had a surprising amount of unique sculpts and parts per release. Then they went crazy and, well, blue snowman.

The first one anyone ever gave me was Darkseid and I still display it because it looks legitimately great. The sculpt actually has a brow, nose, and mouth, unlike every single Funko made since.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You guys must not really pay attention to Pops as they originally lacked mouths and it wasn't until later that they started getting them to give them more personality. And they still do tons of unique sculpts for them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah from what I’ve seen they have more effort in them now.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rhyno posted:

You guys must not really pay attention to Pops as they originally lacked mouths and it wasn't until later that they started getting them to give them more personality. And they still do tons of unique sculpts for them.

My Darkseid is from 2013. Almost every Pop I’ve seen since has been lacking a mouth or sculpted brow. They’re just black eyes and a nose.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Counterpoint: the Guardian Nendoroid is awesome.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

The_Doctor posted:

Counterpoint: the Guardian Nendoroid is awesome.

You missed the best part: the fact that it comes with a little game over screen.

Personally I just want someone to get and clone that blast effect because it'd be great for ML Iron Man or SHF DBZ figures.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

My Darkseid is from 2013. Almost every Pop I’ve seen since has been lacking a mouth or sculpted brow. They’re just black eyes and a nose.

I used to stock almost the entire range, they have more detailed ones than not at this point.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

For what you get at that price point, they're still utter trash.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nobody's arguing that.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
For what it's worth, by unique I meant they had more distinguishable sculpts, Snowman Sully has unique horn parts (and also a unique head? No idea if they have standardized head sculpts for designs with head accessories) but he's still pretty generic.

Fuzz posted:

You missed the best part: the fact that it comes with a little game over screen.

Personally I just want someone to get and clone that blast effect because it'd be great for ML Iron Man or SHF DBZ figures.

Is that effect all in one piece? I could see it being extremely obnoxious to cast if so, especially in clear resin.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 15, 2018

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

I know how much pops are hated here, but it's hard to argue this set is pretty much spot on

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Somewhere out there, some guy must have crates upon crates of unopened funko pops just bidding his time, waiting for the bubble to occur.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
It’s one thing to collect stuff like unopened Kenner figs where the packaging is just as cool as the figure, but Funko Pops have such boring lovely boxes that I can’t fathom why anyone would bother saving them, much less buy special cases to protect them.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It’s one thing to collect stuff like unopened Kenner figs where the packaging is just as cool as the figure, but Funko Pops have such boring lovely boxes that I can’t fathom why anyone would bother saving them, much less buy special cases to protect them.

nrfb.... NRFB

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ka0 posted:

Somewhere out there, some guy must have crates upon crates of unopened funko pops just bidding his time, waiting for the bubble to occur.

One guy? It's hundreds. There's a guy here who is addicted to them, he's filled his loving house to the point of making one of his kids give up their bedroom.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rhyno posted:

One guy? It's hundreds. There's a guy here who is addicted to them, he's filled his loving house to the point of making one of his kids give up their bedroom.

At a certain point I feel like you should call CPS

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Yeah but when he turns around in a few years and sells them for thousands and thousands of dollars he'll be proven right.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

At a certain point I feel like you should call CPS

A girl I worked with at the time called CPS over the Lady Rainicorn family.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Blackchamber posted:

Yeah but when he turns around in a few years and sells them for thousands and thousands of dollars he'll be proven right.

This will never happen and they will be like loving Beanie Babies and be completely worthless in a few years.

Meanwhile the SHF Androids 17 and 18 will be worth thousands each.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're like $10 so they can never quite crash like Beanie Babies did.

Funko's already dying even with how successful they are right now though, so as soon as they start going downwards that's it for them.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Fuzz posted:

This will never happen and they will be like loving Beanie Babies and be completely worthless in a few years.

Meanwhile the SHF Androids 17 and 18 will be worth thousands each.

Well everyone knew beanie babies were just a fad and would die out, cmon now they weren't tickle me elmo dolls or furby or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The only place I've ever heard of people collecting POPS! as some sort of future investment is here, by people who don't collect them.