Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

Not yet but they did just mention an in app currency you can also buy for more marketboard management!
This Sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

New page, but it's 500 yen a month which looks to be $5 US thereabouts :laffo:

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Actual p2w market pvp.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hommando posted:

Actual p2w market pvp.
That happened long ago, they've been selling retainer slots for $2/mo for years now, the market barons pay square over $30/mo to play this game

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

homeless snail posted:

That happened long ago, they've been selling retainer slots for $2/mo for years now, the market barons pay square over $30/mo to play this game

One gives you extra space and the other gives you near unlimited access to the marketboard even when you aren't playing the game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Brooklyn Master is always playing the game

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

homeless snail posted:

Brooklyn Master is always playing the game

In the end, he was the real winner..

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Failboattootoot posted:

24 man drops are now greed only. I look forward to probably never completing a set.

Hahaha these idiots.

Maybe in another ten years they figure out how to do personal loot and RNG protection.

But that would be :effort: and (add obligatory "our servers can't take it" excuse here).

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

If you all hate the game, why do you play it?
New MSQ, dungeons, raid and trial is cool and I’m looking forward to playing more of this good and fun game that I enjoy.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Obviously if they don't enjoy every single aspect of the game they hate it and should stop playing it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I like this game a lot too, but them cutting 1.5 dungeons to make poo poo like eureka, and then also dumbass changes like these make me like it less.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

oh no blimp issue posted:

If you all hate the game, why do you play it?
New MSQ, dungeons, raid and trial is cool and I’m looking forward to playing more of this good and fun game that I enjoy.

I have liked this game since 2.0, but there is a real clear downward trend in quality since 3.0 (specifically they have consistently cut content I liked while also making it worse, all to work on content I have no interest in). While also having a ridiculous upward trend of real money bullshit for a game I already pay a sub for.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Apr 14, 2018

shas
Jul 27, 2011

Failboattootoot posted:

I have liked this game since 2.0, but there is a real clear downward trend in quality since 3.0 (specifically they have consistently cut content I liked and also made it worse, all to work on content I have no interest in). While also having a ridiculous upward trend of real money bullshit for a game I already pay a sub for.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Truga posted:

I like this game a lot too, but them cutting 1.5 dungeons to make poo poo like eureka, and then also dumbass changes like these make me like it less.

Failboattootoot posted:

I have liked this game since 2.0, but there is a real clear downward trend in quality since 3.0 (specifically they have consistently cut content I liked while also making it worse, all to work on content I have no interest in). While also having a ridiculous upward trend of real money bullshit for a game I already pay a sub for.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
It's not like any of the paid stuff in the app is absolutely necessary, though. It's nice, but you can still enjoy pretty much the entire game without horking up more funds. If the hardcore market board poopsockers want to pay, more power to them.

I'm not sure they thought over the greed-only thing for Alliance raids, though. What? Why? Geez.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

The greed only thing made sense to me. It's been pretty clear for a while that most people seem to use it for alt-jobs, and with the 1-drop a week limitation, you're only going to be rolling on the things you need. It's gonna make older sets a mess to get though.

It sounds like they're going to do a bit more with Eureka, so I'm interested in seeing how they improve it somehow make it worse.

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010
How solo friendly is the end-game. I.e. Do you need a raiding guild to achieve anything worthwhile?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Pinball Jizzard posted:

How solo friendly is the end-game. I.e. Do you need a raiding guild to achieve anything worthwhile?

If you have endless patience you can do it with strangers and the partyfinder tool. You don't need a "raiding guild" but you want a static (group of 8) for the endgame PvE stuff.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
endgame is a pretty broad term tbh, if you just want to get best tome gear and level different classes and collect glams, which is what most people do, you can do all that poo poo solo (but friends can help with dps queues)

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Pinball Jizzard posted:

I'd say it's pretty solo-friendly if you're talking about staying current with content including the large raids. It is true that there is also another tier of difficulty requiring coordination where a guild helps, though one can also join a "static" of other dedicated adventurers working on higher difficulties of similar content.

This is based on the presumption by end-game you mean experiencing most of the content the game has to offer as opposed to always having the best of everything ever. (which still in most cases gradually becomes more accessible to all)

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

You can get gear that is on par with raid gear eventually as a casual player. For example, right now the best gear is ilvl 370. In the current patch as a casual player you can get to ilvl 360 with a weekly capped currency you get for doing a bunch of different things. In the next patch, you will be able to get a 1/week item from the casual 24 man raid (meaning you just queue for it in dungeon finder and pug it and you will almost certainly clear it) that can bump one of those items up to 370, bringing it on par with the current raid tier gear.

Small caveat that the weapon is 375 and will require you to raid to get it until either right before or right after patch 4.4

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Failboattootoot posted:

They removed a dungeon per patch and all the content they add is high quality (Including Eureka).
All the real money bullshit is optional, you don’t need 9 retainers and all the mogstation gear.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

They removed a dungeon per patch and all the content they add is high quality (Including Eureka).
All the real money bullshit is optional, you don’t need 9 retainers and all the mogstation gear.

Ah and I thought you were being serious. Well done.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
3 dungeons per 3 months were pretty ok. 2 dungeons per patch in HW meant you probably got one or the other dungeon for 2 weeks in a row here and there and were extremely sick of seeing it by the time 3 months were up.

I'm sick of hell's lid right now, even though it's a <15m affair, whereas most ARR dungeons were ~20 minutes. I'm extremely not looking forward to extra 3 months of getting it in the roulette.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I've been in Hell's lid... twice total, i think? And in Fractal Hard 4 times. I still get capped every week.

You don't have to run dungeons if you don't want to. :shrug:

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

orcane posted:

Ah and I thought you were being serious. Well done.

Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean it’s not high quality.
Personally I don’t think there’s anything wrong with Eureka, I like playing the game and Eureka gives me more opportunity to do that with an added layer of “complexity” on top with the elemental wheel.
Probably my view of it was coloured slightly since I did it with a 8 group of friends and I run my roulettes most days with them too.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
This weeks reset I did one hour of eureka, one run of sigma 8n for weekly token, one 70 dungeon roulette and one alliance raid roulette and I was capped.
I barely ever run this set of EXDR, at most I've ran it once or twice per reset, but lately haven't ran it at all, there are so many other ways to get capped on weekly tomes these days and I like to try keep my in game activities varied.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I get like 50 tomes in 3 hours of eureka, I don't know what you guys are doing in there, but it doesn't work like that for me.

e: and hell's lid for the 666th time is still about 53489275% better than eureka was the first time.

Truga fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Apr 14, 2018

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Just because you don’t like something doesn’t mean it’s not high quality.
Personally I don’t think there’s anything wrong with Eureka, I like playing the game and Eureka gives me more opportunity to do that with an added layer of “complexity” on top with the elemental wheel.
Probably my view of it was coloured slightly since I did it with a 8 group of friends and I run my roulettes most days with them too.

Just because you like something doesn't mean it's high quality.

I can play this game too. But yeah those rose-colored glasses probably help.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Truga posted:

I get like 50 tomes in 3 hours of eureka, I don't know what you guys are doing in there, but it doesn't work like that for me.

e: and hell's lid for the 666th time is still about 53489275% better than eureka was the first time.
I dunno, the only real difference is that one is only a mindless series of pulls for 15 minutes.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Dang, I was hoping for another classic FFT location, not FFXII.

And what are they thinking with those loot changes? They might as well make it all tokens that in this case are a 1:1 exchange. Roll on the chest token if you want a chest, then go pick one.

Also, new Primals music video for Under the Weight.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Hunter Noventa posted:

And what are they thinking with those loot changes? They might as well make it all tokens that in this case are a 1:1 exchange. Roll on the chest token if you want a chest, then go pick one.

The loot changes seem to fall in line with what most people do in the 24 man's, where they are getting loot for alt classes, which is what I do. My main is already rolling in 360 gear, so I just pick up pieces for my PLD & WHM.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

TheHeadSage posted:

The loot changes seem to fall in line with what most people do in the 24 man's, where they are getting loot for alt classes, which is what I do. My main is already rolling in 360 gear, so I just pick up pieces for my PLD & WHM.

So you do the dungeon on your PLD or WHM. It's a pointless change for the worst in every possible scenario.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Not thrilled about the loot change because I'd just enter with the role I preferred, but I'm also not keen about folks Needing stuff they already have (on a retainer, in the wardrobe, etc). I think the latter is more prevalent in dungeons so atm it feels like the change is a Peter/Paul situation (or a cultural difference).

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Shere posted:

So you do the dungeon on your PLD or WHM. It's a pointless change for the worst in every possible scenario.

At this point they should just switch to a token-based system, it does the same thing minus the job RNG. An even better idea would be having personal loot but they're not that far with "stuff copied from other MMOs" yet. But I guess then they couldn't make people run these places a million times (amazing "hours of content/$" ratio too!). Instead of rolling against yourself (tank), another guy (healers) or four other guys (DPS), you're always going to be rolling against seven people for eternity because no one ever finishes their sets. Progress!

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Shere posted:

So you do the dungeon on your PLD or WHM.

ilevel requirements my dude

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Look people want to gear up classes with massive skips in ilevel that they never play, and that trumps you wanting to gear up the class you do.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

hobbesmaster posted:

The MRD from the SCH quests should become a warrior.

You'd think certain characters would qualify for a Job upgrade. E-Sumi-Yan, for instance.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Failboattootoot posted:

24 man drops are now greed only. I look forward to probably never completing a set.

as soon as i read this, the Tidus Fantasy OST video started playing in my head.

increasingly glad i don't have time to play anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

ilevel requirements my dude

It's never higher than, like, the most recent dungeon's green drops. If you put in even the slightest effort that's never an issue.