Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

You need 50 in Conjuration as well for BB, I think, but I’m sure there’s some wonky way of rushing the stat by one old weird spell trick the Mages guild hates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Nope! My conjuration is only ~25 right now. The thing you need the points for is to unlock perks, one of which would make it half cost which is kinda pointless since it lasts for minutes. The "make it stronger" perk only requires I think 25. The casting limitation is you just need to scrounge enough max magicka to cast it. The wiki says 204 needed but I'm pretty sure I only needed 170? Maybe it was the novice hood that gave me +30. Anyway, I found it in I found it in Fort Amol which I ran across early on my way to whiterun.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 13, 2018

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

https://youtu.be/FEsirviMUqI

New spy game from the developers of Wilson's heart just revealed. Looks pretty cool from the first glance. Free movement, gunplay, driving, fist fights, climbing, branching paths, and supposedly a lot of replay with missions.

Also unlike Wilson's heart, this one is only going to be a timed exclusive so it will come to vive afterwards.

EDIT: haha, looks like the guy who posted the interview and footage was early breaking an embargo and the video is already down. NM

Tom Guycot fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Apr 13, 2018

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
^^dammit :(

Luckily the announcement is due for today anyway.
This is the first of Oculus's new round of 'full AAA' games to be announced so I'm pretty psyched to see what they picked to fund.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Soundboxing contest!!!!!!!!

Hi there! I thought it would be fun to run a high score contest in Soundboxing, get some new eyes

trying my tracks and setting up a bit of competition that can be sometimes lacking except on the

"featured" board.

You are playing for some fabulous prizes!

First prize - A copy of Beat Saber!

Second prize - A copy of Bad Rats. Don't come in second!!

The rules are pretty simple, but please read them carefully:

1. Three songs will be played. The player's score is the sum total score of all three songs.

2. Here's where it gets interesting - all scores need to be entered sequentially. That's right. You

need to play all three songs back to back. I'm doing this to prevent people restarting their way to

victory.

3. To prove that you played the songs back to back, you will need to send me screenshots of the

Soundboxing website that show your scores in relation to each other. IE - one screenshot saying "20

mins ago", one saying "16 minutes ago" and one saying "1 minute ago". Your system clock should be

included in these screenshots for reference. It will be possible to edit images so keep in mind I'll

be keeping an eye on the live scoreboards. Don't cheat! Screenshots should be submitted via SA PM.

4. The total length of the songs is just under 20 minutes. You will have a bit of wiggle room to take

a small rest between songs, grab some water - all songs need to be proven to have been completed

within 21 minutes.

5. Only scores entered after the beginning of the contest are eligible for submission.

Easy enough? The course is as follows:

SONG ONE:

"Top Brazil" by Fisherspooner:
https://www.soundboxing.co/challenge/7dfaf50b-346e-11e8-b92b-0a580a20040c

Exactly three minutes long and technically the most difficult song on the course. Short and difficult

- this is because, if you were paying attention to the rules, you can restart the FIRST song only as

many times as you want. Your run only officially begins once you have entered a score on this first

song. So, you might want to push for as close to a max score on this song as you can, and only

continue your run once you achieve it. But that won't be easy! With complex rhythms, sections with

one hand on synth line and the other on percussion, swinging arm crossovers and high intensity, this

one is tricky. Good luck!

SONG TWO:

"Safari Song" by Greta Van Fleet
https://www.soundboxing.co/challenge/00c92108-3b6e-11e8-ac0c-0a580a200404

Let's get back to basics, shall we? In contrast to the synthesized electronic sound of the previous

track, here we have a straight up Rock Song. If you can play a 4/4 beat on your knees you shouldn't

have too much trouble with this one, but with lots of up-and down verticality to the beats you will

still need to work to max out power on all hits. Make sure you save some energy for the 40 second

drum solo at the end - it won't be hard to avoid a miss at this section, but to achieve max power

through this section will separate the true Soundboxers from the chaff. The contest might be decided

by how many of this section you can max out.

SONG THREE:

"Poplove 6" by Robin Skouteris
https://www.soundboxing.co/challenge/c1d5bdf4-3776-11e8-b92b-0a580a20040c

You're getting quite tired by now, I imagine. You're not done yet. The final song is a greuling 13

minute endurance contest. This is, in terms of beats per minute, the easiest song of the 3 by far.

The patterns are also relatively simple, for the most part. But at 13 minutes long, this is a contest

of staying focused, not making a mistake, and keeping your power consistent. Because if you make a

mistake here, it's back to the beginning....

Soundboxers, at 8:00 PM EST Thursday April 19, the contest will close. The player with the highest

cumulative score across all three songs, played in sequence, will be our winner. Good luck and happy

soundboxing!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

You’re doing god’s work. I may take a swing at it tonight.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
aaaaand the trailer's up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03sIxOsqCmc

Defector, from Twisted Pixel (Wilson's Heart), releasing 2018.

Pretty good trailer. Almost looks like a cross between I Expect You to Die and Robo Recall. Here's hoping Oculus lives up to its word insofar as these new flagship titles being fewer but more substantial/longer than last year's. Though given the 2018 release date I am sceptical this will be more than 4 or 5 hours.

El Grillo fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 13, 2018

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

El Grillo posted:

Pretty good trailer. Almost looks like a cross between I Expect You to Die and Robo Recall. Here's hoping Oculus lives up to its word insofar as these new flagship titles being fewer but more substantial/longer than last year's. Though given the 2018 release date I am sceptical this will be more than 4 or 5 hours.

That looks great.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

AndrewP posted:

sheeeeit skyrim is scary when things like wolves jump out at you. had to nope right out of my headset.

The only thing in Skyrim to make me lose my poo poo so far was trying to waddle my way down a mountain as one does in an Elder Scrolls game and accidentally hitting shout. I had whirlwind sprint equipped.

Skyrim VR: See that mountain? You can throw yourself ten feet off it and scare the poo poo out of yourself.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
The giants in Skyrim can also send you on a one-way trip to heaven. I highly recommend it if you are a thrill-seeker!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Does the basket trick still work for stealing stuff?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Defector looks amazing, love that hand to hand combat.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the combat bits in Wilson's Heart were fun for how rigid and scripted they were. Glad to see them expanding on those mechanics.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Star Trek Bridge Crew is on sale at the Humble Bundle Store for $20. I'm thinking about going in at that price -- I'm not a huge Star Trek fan, but I like the universe well enough and it seems like a pretty fun concept. Can I just jump into random pub multiplayer (and are there people still playing?) I've heard they do procgen missions that can get kinda samey, but are there a decent number of "campaign" scenarios too?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Hey Lemming, spotted you in the Echo Arena lobby! :wave:

Say hi next time! And if there's anything you want help with let me know

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Phenotype posted:

Star Trek Bridge Crew is on sale at the Humble Bundle Store for $20. I'm thinking about going in at that price -- I'm not a huge Star Trek fan, but I like the universe well enough and it seems like a pretty fun concept. Can I just jump into random pub multiplayer (and are there people still playing?) I've heard they do procgen missions that can get kinda samey, but are there a decent number of "campaign" scenarios too?

ON sale on steam as well.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Phenotype posted:

There are 5 campaign missions (and 1 that's basically a tutorial). They're fairly meaty with a couple of sub-objectives each but in general you have to be OK with repetition for the game to hold lasting value.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

haveblue posted:

There are 5 campaign missions (and 1 that's basically a tutorial). They're fairly meaty with a couple of sub-objectives each but in general you have to be OK with repetition for the game to hold lasting value.

The charm of the game comes from playing it with 3 other people and rotating stations often. It's one of those games you set a night aside for and then come back to it and have fun with it all over again a few months later.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so for real is dong tracking ever gonna happen

like, what would be the technical challenges here

I have a game idea but it requires semi accurate dick tracking

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

The Vive puck has a hole for a reason, you know.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

You're free to buy a vive puck and slam it on down there, might be a bit heavy though

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Ok so make a kickstarter for next level dong tracking. Using this tech

But for your dong.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm actually being mostly serious, a fencing or lightsaber duel game controlled with the penis sounds completely hilarious and awesome and if dong tracking is workable I could probably throw together a programmer art prototype

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'd play Spaceballs VR, yeah

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

El Grillo posted:

Oh that does look awesome

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm actually being mostly serious, a fencing or lightsaber duel game controlled with the penis sounds completely hilarious and awesome and if dong tracking is workable I could probably throw together a programmer art prototype

The next GORN update just got weirder

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
looking forward to mount your friends, 3d VR edition

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Way to cut your potential sales in half. Make sure you add nipple-sabers so both genders have something to do.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Twibbit posted:

ON sale on steam as well.

Get it on Humble Bundle instead though. You still get a Steam key, and it's slightly cheaper.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It's the same price, and you can't return games from Humble.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cojawfee posted:

It's the same price, and you can't return games from Humble.

$23.78 vs $19.99USD for me in Australia.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Can you get Steam games to load from the Oculus app? Elite Dangerous gave me a code to put into the Oculus store so it's registered on both, I was kinda hoping Humble Store Star Trek would do the same thing. I'm playing LA Noire right now through Steam, and while I've checked the Show Unknown Apps button and the LA Noire icon is actually showing up in the Oculus app, it gives an error when I try to launch it, and only works if I run it through SteamVR.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Grundulum posted:

Way to cut your potential sales in half. Make sure you add nipple-sabers so both genders have something to do.

i really don't see any reason a strap-on wouldn't work, it wouldn't expect some freakish prehensile baboon cock just a several-inch-long thing between your legs that can be sorta swung around and thrusted

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
and i mean if you're a girl and VR Cock Fencing sounds like your poo poo you probably already own a strap-on i feel like?

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Trying to make a SteamVR playlist to set up an exercise routine. But when it tries to load up Sprint Vector it claims an Application Load Error 65432. Has anyone encountered this or know what causes it?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well I can now personally refute the claim about the Vive wands being fragile.

Cause I just smacked one of mine on the edge of a table trying to launch myself in Climbey and it's only gotten a minor scratch at the front of the ring :cripes:.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Vive wands are made of some sort of titanium alloy or something I swear.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
They are mostly really well engineered, it's just that one little nub under the trackpad that wears through for a whole bunch of people and makes the touchpad stop clicking properly in the top-right quadrant. If not for that (and if not for HTC's dumpster fire of customer service) they'd be great.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Yeah, they're not so much fragile, as just having a design flaw with the trackpad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I really wish more games would go for estimated arm positions and a body rather than free-floating hands. It looks far cooler and feels much more immersive.

Also it's kinda disappointing that SkyrimVR's default for sheathing your weapons is just your Vive wands floating about instead of open hands.