Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Where's everyone finding information on Fryevia's enhancements? I was expecting them to come out this morning, but I still can't enhance her ingame and the wiki still doesn't have any information on her yet.

Folks at reddit datamined the new game version.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8bogzr/gl_maint_quick_peek_41218/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

McSpankWich posted:

It doesn't come out until tomorrow. It's a preemptive apology for something they are not going to bother to fix in the 24 hours they have to fix it.

Same as that time they told us like 3 days in advance that a bug would cause all their bundles to disappear in 3 days.Then they apparently didn't try to fix it in those 3 days, and sure enough, they disappeared.

BBPattyMeltz posted:

Hey all,

I've been lurking for a long time looking for an amazing cel game to drop all my spare time at work into. From everything I've read and looking at the communities around the SA forums this game seems to be really amazing. I have been a longtime FF fan, and the number of people in the community giving away accounts and helping newbies out is really impressive. So here I am taking the dive, and I even got a pretty bad rear end start with the help of a redditor (Loren x2, Tidus x2, Wilhelm, Trance Terra, Seabreeze (?!?) Dark Fina, Nyx, Aileen, Lara Croft (Tomb Raider??? that's not FF) and Delita). I saw the google spreadsheet and am going to put my info on there, but looking forward to you all schooling me on how to kick this game's rear end. At least I snuck in before this whole 7* thing is happening. Nice to meet you all!

Post your friend code here for those of us too lazy to comb through the entire sheet comparing it to our friends list for people we have added. (It's me, I am the
lazy one.)

Cartoon Man posted:

Don’t forget to come hang out in the discord. We’re always willing to give advice or share a requested friend unit, especially a solo build for some of the trials that can be cheezed.

https://discord.gg/Jx9b6Rt

Ugh, FINE.

Oh, I'm already a member. Huh.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 13, 2018

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Woo! Free pull got me my first Trance Terra!!!!!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Ugato posted:

:wtc:

Yeah if that’s the kind of stuff they’re giving away, that is 100% the way to go.

Seriously, someone link that page and I'll put it in the OP.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
I found it. The best arena team.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Alakaiser posted:

I found it. The best arena team.

I haven't come across that team yet, but apparently they are no joke!

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/8byyuk/watch_out_for_gupao_in_arena/

People are suspecting TDH units geared to the gills (to bypass evasion units) with Pod Mirage chaining. The low level units help because they have few skills to choose from, so higher likelyhood the AI will pick Mirage.

I think I'm now a fan of this guy.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Whoa, weird. I one-shot them before they got a chance to attack so I guess I got lucky. This guy is the hero we need.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I saw a guy do that with Ayakas once. She has practically no offensive capabilities, so if the AI decides on an aggressive action it'll default to Mirage.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I saw the same team! I gave them a chance to attack to see what they can do and got Mirage'd and Lance'd for it. They got two turns in and almost wiped my party but still died easy at least.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
I killed that team 5 times in a row, they went first almost every time. But I’m rocking 3x Ashe, Setzer, Amelia so :shrug:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Unless that team can all pop off mirage with an elemental chain they'd do almost nothing to my Ayaka. Especially right now with the FFBE bonus putting her at about 9.5k HP. :black101:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That Arc Arcana staff isn't bad at all. Super Seymour wasn't that hard, two Trance Terras took off something like 20% of his HP each round.

Giving the staff to a unit who has Dualcast but nothing worth Dualcasting, like Marie, seems like a great idea.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That Arc Arcana staff isn't bad at all. Super Seymour wasn't that hard, two Trance Terras took off something like 20% of his HP each round.

Giving the staff to a unit who has Dualcast but nothing worth Dualcasting, like Marie, seems like a great idea.

He didn't seem to hard looking at the teams that people had used on the wiki page but the bastard made me use up a phoenix down and an elixir because apparently he has an instakill move of some kind that he randomly decided to use on Ayaka. I was never in any real danger after that but that was kind of a turn two gently caress you.

VoD, Orlandeau, Basch, Ramza and Ayaka was my team. Would have killed him in 3 turns if I hadn't had to waste two of them getting Orlandeau and Ayaka back up after being Death'd.

Did the story event up to the last two events; now it's time to wait for the guides to come up to see what gimmick the last boss has.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
I had a rough time going in blind to Seymour, but since I always spam Ayaka's reraise the surprise Deaths only served to drag out the fight.

In another episode of T.Terra Stands Alone, I made a T.Terra that reddit says should solo Seymour if you need help with the fight or don't want to bother gearing a team to deal with the Death attack. For anyone new this is a great way to get 10k currency towards buying that Dual Wield. Also that Arc Arcana is good for early mages, and tied for second best healer's staff.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

So apparently it's possible in a number of ways to build a unit that can solo Seymour Flux. Are there any relatively new players out there who need a carry?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, I saw it on reddit. 100% dodge, OHKO immunity, 100% resist fire & lightning. T.Terra can do it and I put one up with all that, IGN Buttz. Friend code: 479,088,281. Haven't tested it yet to confirm though.

Build:
Matty's Malice
Genji Shield
Cat-Ear Hood
Rainbow Robe
2x Ring of the Lucii
Quick Assault x2
Melody of Life
Equip H Shield

765 MAG
e: w/ Bahamut

e2: successfully solo'd :toot:

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 14, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Was bored so I ran Bonus 2 blind with basically the same team I took to do Seymour with the addition of a friend Lulu for the elemental missions.

Seemed like the last boss has threshold attacks at every 20% that hit the party for AOE damage, Basch was defending against physical but didn't seem to cover them very well so they might be Magic or I just had lovely luck, but with Ramza's song and the ATK broken I was taking 3.6k damage every threshold. Wasn't a huge deal but I reset once in order to keep the paper Lulu I brought alive for the moogle.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

PDQ Law posted:

I had a rough time going in blind to Seymour, but since I always spam Ayaka's reraise the surprise Deaths only served to drag out the fight.

In another episode of T.Terra Stands Alone, I made a T.Terra that reddit says should solo Seymour if you need help with the fight or don't want to bother gearing a team to deal with the Death attack. For anyone new this is a great way to get 10k currency towards buying that Dual Wield. Also that Arc Arcana is good for early mages, and tied for second best healer's staff.

PDQ carrying my rear end through another mk exploration.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Edit: wrong thread

Acelerion fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Apr 14, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ex ticket gave me my first ramza, hello buddy just like a few weeks till you are completely outclass by cg nic

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

My rainbow drought was finally broken today as I pulled DKC #2. Yay

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
^ ditto. Got a Jake today. He’s a good expedition unit I guess. And his TM is... decent for chow/mystea?

More importantly, I’ve had a rando in my friend list who plays every day but I’m guessing not that much. I’ve been steadily gaining distance from them in terms of rank. And they’ve basically been working hard to put together the best Agrias they possibly can. Suddenly I stopped seeing Agrias pop up on my list. I checked to see if they had dropped me from their list or something but it looks like they finally got a Lunera :unsmith:

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I pulled a daily rainbow today, and 100% expected it to be CG Jake because that's how it goes.

... but it was Cloud. :o now I have one Cloud, and one Elfreeda!

Also, my Fryevia TM is done, so now I have this.

It would be so much better if I had Genji Glove and catte TMs, but it'll do. It'll do.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Going to use some of the slot tickets we recently got to increase friend capacity.

Added myself to the sheet - ID 653994014

1117 ATK Orlandeau usually

Acelerion fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 14, 2018

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I also managed to put this together recently. Of which I am v proud

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I've got enough lapis for a complete run of the Seph banner. Probably won't roll on anything else till then

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I've got enough lapis for a complete run of the Seph banner. Probably won't roll on anything else till then

If we get the same thing as JP that was a guaranteed on-banner for the last step, right? Sephiroth or Lila? Kinda hard to go wrong there.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah you are guaranteed 1 rainbow that may be on banner or may not be on banner and a guaranteed banner rainbow on the last step of a run. You can repeat the process 3 times but you are going to be a mega whale to get 75k lapis. But the real price are the obscene rainbow modifiers on the last steps. It would be serious bullshit if gumi tones down the Seph step up for global. They've been doing pretty good with the packages and the free stuff the last few months so I'd be disappointed If they take a step back

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 14, 2018

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Whats the min lapis # for a full round?

Quality Control
Feb 2, 2001

Your are very dangerous. Be dead down here.
25k, 5k per step.

Step 1: Normal 10+1
Step 2: 10+1 with 1.5x rainbow rates
Step 3: 10+1 with a guaranteed rainbow
Step 4: 10+1 with 2x rainbow rates
Step 5: 10+1 with 3x rainbow rates and guaranteed Seph/Lila

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Quality Control posted:

25k, 5k per step.

Step 1: Normal 10+1
Step 2: 10+1 with 4.5% rainbow rates
Step 3: 10+1 with a guaranteed rainbow
Step 4: 10+1 with 6% rainbow rates
Step 5: 10+1 with 9% rainbow rates and guaranteed Seph/Lila

Clarifying that. Rainbow-wise, the second and fourth steps average out to about 11 4 star tickets each, unless the +1 goes from 5% to 7.5/10%.

The final step is really the prize, and I'm not sure you should go for the fourth unless you can do the fifth, that's effectively 10 10% rainbow tickets, or 10 + a 30% rainbow ticket if the +1 triples as well, plus your guaranteed on banner rainbow.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You'll get an average of 5 5* from doing the seph banner step up each time. You might strike out and just get the two guaranteed ones but the odds are incredibly low for that to happen.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I pulled a rainbow today as well... and it was dark Fina :sigh:

At least I have prishe now from a pull a couple days ago.

My current set is Dark Veritas/Earth Veritas/Lotus Mage Fina/Ashe/Prishe

I have amelia, zidane, wadow, garnet, yuri, dark fina, exdeath, and a few other random decent 6* capable units. Am I rocking the “best” party out of the guys I have right now?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Bob NewSCART posted:

I pulled a rainbow today as well... and it was dark Fina :sigh:

At least I have prishe now from a pull a couple days ago.

My current set is Dark Veritas/Earth Veritas/Lotus Mage Fina/Ashe/Prishe

I have amelia, zidane, wadow, garnet, yuri, dark fina, exdeath, and a few other random decent 6* capable units. Am I rocking the “best” party out of the guys I have right now?

TBH, I'd swap out Prishe (who is good, but doesn't work with your other guys at ALL) and swap in Garnet, and fully upgrade her. She'll make hitting the "evoke X" and "Kill with Esper" missions ten billion times easier, and can act as healer to free up Fina to do a little nuking.

I'd also look for a Warrior of Light to raise and enhance, to swap with Earth Veritas at need.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I'm 4k away from this as well.

I pray every day Gumi doesn't bring back Nier beforehand. Or immediately after.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I haven’t paid much attention but are step ups confirmed?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

There's going to be a massive poo poo up if they dont come up with them in global. Its like saying there wouldn't be the 3x rate up.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Also, what the hell else would we use Lapis on? Step-ups incentive lapis use by making them actually worthwhile to do.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I picked up dual wield and slapped it on Noctis. Just curious, does dual wield combine the damage power of the two weapons, or is it the first attack is at the strength of weapon 1, the seconds attack is at the strength of weapon 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

LadyPictureShow posted:

I picked up dual wield and slapped it on Noctis. Just curious, does dual wield combine the damage power of the two weapons, or is it the first attack is at the strength of weapon 1, the seconds attack is at the strength of weapon 2?

1st attack 1st weapon, 2nd attack 2nd weapon . Both attacks include the element/killers of both weapons

• Locked thread