Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Mulligan leans back in his chair stroking his chin. "Bet ya didn't see THAT coming, motherfuckers!"

e: Why is Memory Patrick surprised she did it? He's been reading her mind since he was 5 years old :shrug:

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 13, 2018

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Burkion posted:

Man I completely misread this page

I seriously thought we were heading to a conclusion where Patrick was imagining his mother all of this time, a kind of self loathing for himself personified. Like he took her petty thoughts and twisted them into his own reality, where she only thought about killing the dog instead of actually doing it and he freaked out and killed her

But unable to cope with that reality, the first (only?) person who he directly killed, he ran away and imagined all of his self loathing onto her

And then the father's words were able to be taken at face value, that he didn't hate Patrick even though Patrick killed his own wife

And then I reread it and realized that Patrick is letting his mom kill his dad and then he's going to kill her I guess because we're not allowed to have anything interesting ever

A few days later, I'm even more pissed at myself

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Haha you had faith and hope. Dehumanize yourself and replace with mechanical logic

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Logic, eh? :thunk:

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

So we went from "Please, think well of me," to "Murder him!" in, let's say conservatively, a minute and a half of dialogue? That about right?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I am of the thought there was no pause just a shifting without a clutch tone change.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

So we went from "Please, think well of me," to "Murder him!" in, let's say conservatively, a minute and a half of dialogue? That about right?

i have no idea why anyones doing what the're doing right now and im willing to bet the author doesn't either

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

So despite the mom being Saturday morning cartoon evil the dad dies?

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

oh man i'm so distracted by the background changing color that i can't pay attention to this intricate plot!!

To be fair the background color did blow that one commenter's mind, so Ostertag's right to use her abilities with discretion.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Mother, I want you to kill Father.
Good. Now you, Father, I want you to kill Mother.
Wait. I might not have thought this through.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
I cried laughing and I cried jizz like the dad

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i wish she'd snapped his neck with her bare hands

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Tyrone Biggums posted:

The jizz wad tears were a nice touch yeah

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tyrone Biggums posted:

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
:popeye:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

7/10 needs the hurrrr

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Oof.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

Elephant Parade posted:

This comic is never going to recover, is it :cripes:

lol recover

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Needs her saying "Quiet, quiet you!"

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

blastron posted:

Honestly if he says “Mother, kill Father and I will spare your life” and then shoots her when she does then all of this comic’s sins will be forgiven temporarily overlooked.

HALFWAY THERE, C’MON DO IT SHOOT THE MOM

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Since his mother is a fictional sociopath she will manipulate Patrick into letting her go and like, she's gonna be the actual villain or some poo poo. As opposed to a realistic sociopath, I gather, who would just be shrieking at him real loud while making a pinched-up face and learning nothing.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Uncle Wemus posted:

So despite the mom being Saturday morning cartoon evil the dad dies?
My take is that Patrick is pissed that his soft buttered pasta dad enabled the poo poo his mom did to him because he was too blinded by watered down alfredo sauce and a pinch of salt. He doesn't just want to kill his dad, he wants his dad to die knowing that he married a monster and that he didn't notice because he's a loving idiot.

However, that would be if this was competently written. either this is all going to be skipped over and ignored because motive what motive or Patrick is going to sadly relate to Allison how sad he is about his abuse, abuse which makes people sad. There's never going to be a realistic psychological depiction of trauma in this comic, and nobody is ever going to point out how Clevin and Allison mirror Patrick's parents.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Extremely lazy edit

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Are these pages providing angles that would work for a loss edit?

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

Are these pages providing angles that would work for a loss edit?

Not really. Loss.jpg was an action sequence, while this page about about a woman stabbing her husband in the gut is incredibly static and devoid of drama or shots of figures below the shoulders.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
The final line of the page sets a new bar for how stilted the dialogue in this comic is.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The running schtick is to make the "bad" characters so cartoonishly despicable that the "good" character's only option is to do lovely things to them, thus Patrick is going to stab his mommy and Allison will pat his hand and tell him it was okay that he did that, even though he set this scenario up himself and made his mommy stab his daddy.

Zerilan posted:

The final line of the page sets a new bar for how stilted the dialogue in this comic is.

Yeah the dialogue is endless pratfalls and fat guys falling down stairs

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Flesh Forge posted:

The running schtick is to make the "bad" characters so cartoonishly despicable that the "good" character's only option is to do lovely things to them, thus Patrick is going to stab his mommy and Allison will pat his hand and tell him it was okay that he did that, even though he set this scenario up himself and made his mommy stab his daddy.

Patrick no longer has control of the knife.

She is 100% going to lunge at and try to kill him, fall, and stab herself.

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
clevin

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm glad avs is free. :3:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Patrick no longer has control of the knife.

She is 100% going to lunge at and try to kill him, fall, and stab herself.

:thunk: you probably nailed it there, yeah.

fake edit: not being sarcastic

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

I'm glad avs is free. :3:

A victory for freedom and good posting :kimchi:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Patrick what are you doing?

Making my mom stab my dad.

It's three in the morning! Why are you making your mom stab your dad at three in the morning?

Because I've lost control of the knife. also Clevin

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Patrick's mom has to be related to the conspiracy somehow. What's the point of any of this if she's not?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Going to guess there is no point to this.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Axe-man posted:

Going to guess there is no point to this.

Strong Female Protagonist: Going to guess there is no point to this.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

PetraCore posted:

My take is that Patrick is pissed that his soft buttered pasta dad enabled the poo poo his mom did to him because he was too blinded by watered down alfredo sauce and a pinch of salt. He doesn't just want to kill his dad, he wants his dad to die knowing that he married a monster and that he didn't notice because he's a loving idiot.

However, that would be if this was competently written. either this is all going to be skipped over and ignored because motive what motive or Patrick is going to sadly relate to Allison how sad he is about his abuse, abuse which makes people sad. There's never going to be a realistic psychological depiction of trauma in this comic, and nobody is ever going to point out how Clevin and Allison mirror Patrick's parents.

Have people forgotten that all this stuff is taking place in his head? Nobody is actually dying, here (reader excluded).

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Elephant Parade posted:

Have people forgotten that all this stuff is taking place in his head? Nobody is actually dying, here (reader excluded).

It's meant to be a memory, this all happened at some point.

Also I understand now why Patrick likes Loony-Tunes; his mother was a caricature and his father Elmer Fudd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Joe Slowboat posted:

It's meant to be a memory, this all happened at some point.
What, so he actually killed his father? Jesus. If Alison doesn't throw him in jail once the dream sequence ends, I will lose all faith in this comic (not that I had much left).

• Locked thread