Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

There are some war areas that are good (logging camp, Lipovka, Novo) and some that are just fecal catastrophes (Primo, most of the rest)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

A more battlefield style 50 v 50 map control mode would be rad

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Sylink posted:

Yeah, except the game engine struggles to handle 30 players in the same area.
It would be rad though.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Sylink posted:

kind of ironic to ‘improve’ the BR genre by adding respawns and other elements out of traditional pvp FPS games. A map control mode might be cool for a weekend, the current War thing owns for the change of pace it offers but... if you want to play that type of game every game doesn’t battlefield or whatever do that genre way better than PUBG ever could? the tension and investment in a good run is what makes battle royale games what they are, it wouldn’t work without permadeath imo.

ControlledBurn
Sep 7, 2006

Frost his bag!

No Safe Word posted:

war is fine, but school in particular was problematic because of pool roof: you can literally hold down pool roof as a basically unassailable fortress

grenade barrages don't really work because none of the spots you can reach the roof from with grenade throws are covered well enough to be viable
all deciding to just parachute to the roof doesn't really work because the spawn waves are inconsistent and you generally just fall onto the roof one by one and are easily picked off - even if you down one or two people, they'll still have people up there

While holding pool roof we had an entire squad start hot dropping on us and priming grenades as soon as they landed. It’s reasonably effective as long as you don’t give a gently caress about your score.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Solo-queuing War mode sucks, but going in with a full squad is hilarious fun, especially if everyone's on voice comms.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Old Binsby posted:

kind of ironic to ‘improve’ the BR genre by adding respawns and other elements out of traditional pvp FPS games. A map control mode might be cool for a weekend, the current War thing owns for the change of pace it offers but... if you want to play that type of game every game doesn’t battlefield or whatever do that genre way better than PUBG ever could? the tension and investment in a good run is what makes battle royale games what they are, it wouldn’t work without permadeath imo.

I can't believe I'm writing this but shooting in pubg is way more fun than in modern battlefield

Enemies take a few hits to go down, as do you, so it feels like a real firefight where you have to use positioning and cover

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i always played the call of duty games on hardcore mode because it was way more fun when everyone wasn't a bullet sponge and you had to use iron sight.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

ControlledBurn posted:

While holding pool roof we had an entire squad start hot dropping on us and priming grenades as soon as they landed. It’s reasonably effective as long as you don’t give a gently caress about your score.

You can snipe pool roof pretty well from the apartments too.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Groovelord Neato posted:

i always played the call of duty games on hardcore mode because it was way more fun when everyone wasn't a bullet sponge and you had to use iron sight.

Same here. Same reason why I never went back to TPP after FPP got released, and why I won't play Fortnite.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Enemy teams keep quitting mid-game in War Mode... its becoming less fun.

uniball
Oct 10, 2003

600 hours in, this is by far the best bug i've experienced

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

this is awesome

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

This owns, I love the guy's reaction.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

abigserve posted:

I can't believe I'm writing this but shooting in pubg is way more fun than in modern battlefield

Enemies take a few hits to go down, as do you, so it feels like a real firefight where you have to use positioning and cover

The gun play in PUBG is the best I have ever experienced in a FPS imo

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Let me introduce you to Escape From Tarkov.

The gunplay is bar none, hands down, the best in any FPS. The game itself has it's issues like any early access/Russian dev game does, but the gunplay itself is a whole other beast with how amazing it is. It's one of a couple things that they handled incredibly.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Zipperelli. posted:

The gunplay is bar none, hands down, the best in any FPS. The game itself has it's issues like any early access/Russian dev game does, but the gunplay itself is a whole other beast with how amazing it is. It's one of a couple things that they handled incredibly.

Did you forget to mention the 600ms lag? Unfortunately, recoil mechanics or whatever don't mean poo poo if you can't even have latency comparable to other games in the last decade.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

VulgarandStupid posted:

Did you forget to mention the 600ms lag? Unfortunately, recoil mechanics or whatever don't mean poo poo if you can't even have latency comparable to other games in the last decade.

Not everyone has lag that badly, and I also clearly said the game has it's issues.

Thanks for your insight though, friend.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Zipperelli. posted:

The number of bullets that come out of your gun is directly dependent on your FPS. At 30 FPS (basically how everybody is playing because of how absurdly unoptimized it is) you're shooting half the # of bullets as the gun is supposed to.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

What other fps games have you played?

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Zipperelli. posted:

Not everyone has lag that badly, and I also clearly said the game has it's issues

https://youtu.be/6tfwdnY5cDg

I don't think it's about your personal internet connection

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Guess that’s why it’s called a Buggy

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

Amazing.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Getting an AWM with an 8x in the War mode is hilarious. Since you’re so close you literally just put your cross hair on someone’s head even if they’re across the map.

Bonus points if you’re on a good map and aren’t stuck in a urban hellhole.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

When the plane drops respawns, just start hucking grenades randomly and hope your teammates aren't the ones landing on them.

I spent a whole game running to dead bodies to collect grenades to do this, and while I'm sure my team hated me and we lost, it was a lot of fun.

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 15, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Zipperelli. posted:

Not everyone has lag that badly, and I also clearly said the game has it's issues.

Thanks for your insight though, friend.

Listen, someone bought me a copy of Tarkov and I played it for a solid two or three weeks. It has some interesting things going on for it, but as a multiplayer game is a complete failure. The ping (actual, not reported) is atrocious and multiplayer encounters feel completely invalid. There's no sense of actual fairness to the combat, gear aside. So maybe the gun play should be better than PUBG but you can't seperate the gun play from the lag, so the net result is garbage.

Oh, and then there's the 5 second door lag.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldLZPf0WHes

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

VulgarandStupid posted:

Listen, someone bought me a copy of Tarkov and I played it for a solid two or three weeks. It has some interesting things going on for it, but as a multiplayer game is a complete failure. The ping (actual, not reported) is atrocious and multiplayer encounters feel completely invalid. There's no sense of actual fairness to the combat, gear aside. So maybe the gun play should be better than PUBG but you can't seperate the gun play from the lag, so the net result is garbage.

Oh, and then there's the 5 second door lag.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldLZPf0WHes

There is a real fun gem of a game hidden behind all of the bullshit. But as the developer is small and constantly loving up I have zero expectations it comes to fruition. Besides that, their ultimate vision for the game seems to actually detract from what makes the game appealing now. It's all supposed to end up as a super-hyper realism survival simulator making sure you stay hydrated and eat enough and take a poo poo at your house or whatever and loading the bullets into a magazine one at a time and other poo poo like that.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

beautiful

they better never fix the forbidden angle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9AQYJjuDTo

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Does everyone use the default crouch key (c on toggle)?

I wish there was a way to keep that binding but also have ctrl be hold to crouch, because that habit is so ingrained in me from other games. Walk seems pretty worthless in game anyways IMO.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

moush posted:

Does everyone use the default crouch key (c on toggle)?

I wish there was a way to keep that binding but also have ctrl be hold to crouch, because that habit is so ingrained in me from other games. Walk seems pretty worthless in game anyways IMO.

Crouch walk is very useful to solid snake right up someones butt.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Yeah, even when you walk your footsteps are easily heard. If you're crouching and not walking you may as well just sprint around.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Not sure I even have walk bound. I just crouch and kind of tap movement keys. I think quietest is to crouch and move while hipfire ADSing. I think you need to configure further settings to do this if you use hold to ADS. I have toggle.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRPwhRJSwzY

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

keyframe posted:

What other fps games have you played?

I mostly mean online multiplayer FPS, I don’t play single players games because it’s more fun to make a kid in the Midwest put his keyboard through a wall

Previously my standard was the battlefield games

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I mostly mean online multiplayer FPS, I don’t play single players games because it’s more fun to make a kid in the Midwest put his keyboard through a wall

Previously my standard was the battlefield games

I'll have you know that when I play video games I am INCREDIBLY POLITE AND CALM *Slams mouse into desk and breaks it*

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://www.techpowerup.com/243282/dell-gaming-laptops-are-perfect-for-cheating-in-pubg

quote:

Intel held an event in Beijing last week to launch their new 8th Gen Intel Core mobile processors. As usual, PC and laptop manufacturers flocked to the venue to promote their latest gaming products. This time around, Dell single-handedly stole the spotlight. The company claimed that their gaming laptops were perfect for running multiple 'plugins' in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. Ben Mansill from PC Authority was present during Dell's presentation, and this was what he had to say about Sally Zhang, the Account Director and assigned Dell spokesperson:

"She spoke of how Chinese gamers are the most innovative and dominant in the world by using 'plugins' to, for example, run faster than other players, or blow up ten cars at a time, and that these top gamers can really use 8th-Gen power to 'run more plugins to win more at Chicken Dinner', and that the top players run the most 'plugins' so that's where 8th-gen Dell power gives them the gamer's edge. Behind her a video proudly shows various cheats in PUBG in action (they really like the one with the massively oversized gun and show that a lot), with the new Dell gaming laptops shown every few seconds while Sally told us that gamers should buy a Dell because they're better at running many plugins. Wow."

PC PowerPlay, popular Australian PC gaming magazine, reached out to Dell Australia for a statement, and the company replied with the following comment:
"Dell is fully committed to supporting fair play in online gaming. We do not encourage nor endorse any behavior that undermines fair gaming practices. Dell has a strong track record in partnering with gaming teams, aiming at providing world-class gamers with the ultimate experience. In an attempt to communicate the power of the new Dell G Series, inappropriate modification examples were used in Dell's product launch event in China last week. This does not reflect our global gaming culture or strategy. We condemn any modifications misused in gaming."

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
I want a 100 meter VSS 'plugin' please.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Savage changelog is out and the best parts:

quote:

- The redzone’s size and duration have both been decreased.
- A new feature enables the bluezone to calculate and adjust its waiting time based on the number of players left alive.
- Dynamic weather now changes in real time throughout each match (it used to change just once during each match).
- Minimap grid marking has been adjusted to match the smaller map size.

:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Holy crap, dynamic blue zone based on number of people.