Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

If anyone is wondering, means "Yes it's true we have been beaten - and by what - beaten by money and the 'ethnic' vote" is the translation.

This was a speech given after the 1995 referendum for Quebec independence. Also it is alleged that Jacques Parizeau is extremely drunk when he got up there and said this, though for me its hard to tell because Quebecois French sounds like you're drunk anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
Mark Zuckerberg was planning to run for president

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
I saw this thread and thought of earth tones. In 1999 someone speculated that advisor Naomi Wolf told Al Gore to wear earth tones. It probably wasn't true and didn't sound very interesting but the press thought it was the most hilarious thing in the world: Al Gore needs help from a woman to tell him how to dress! They never explained what was so bad about earth tones particularly, they just kept repeating the fake story. It's one of the many reasons GW Bush became president, for which we can all be thankful.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Gum posted:

Mark Zuckerberg was planning to run for president

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Al Gore actually being somewhat responsible for the internet and not going to the Hague for it

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

“stop the palanquin—today I dine with the people”

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
If nobody recognised her then who sent in the security video?

:thunk:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Gum posted:

If nobody recognised her then who sent in the security video?

:thunk:

they were hoping to go viral, podesta had to call up the manager and be like “you didn’t notice or take photos? uuugghhhhh alright alright we can fix this”

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The future will be better tomorrow

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

StashAugustine posted:

The future will be better tomorrow

hasn't been true once yet

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Should have had "starts with wonder of the world - the Internet"

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

du -hast posted:

If anyone is wondering, means "Yes it's true we have been beaten - and by what - beaten by money and the 'ethnic' vote" is the translation.

This was a speech given after the 1995 referendum for Quebec independence. Also it is alleged that Jacques Parizeau is extremely drunk when he got up there and said this, though for me its hard to tell because Quebecois French sounds like you're drunk anyway.

The video pre-panned in case of Independence victory is like a complete 180 from this, super inclusive and hopeful.

And then defeat and drunkenness and the truth comes out. All my separatists friends are still bitter.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

some old #resistance stuff

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Trump used to call Marco Rubio "Liddle Marco" and, I'm not making this up, one time Rubio's response was to tremulously whisper "okay B-big Donald..."

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Most Dangerous Donald.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Bill O'Reilly struggling with the concept of network printing, and his staff referring to his printer as "the newsfax" to keep his brain from breaking.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

zegermans posted:

Clinton picked a filly in the Kentucky Derby to play up the woman angle. It was promptly euthanized after coming in 2nd.

"Why did you put it down?"

"A big fat orange rolled down the stairs and she choked on it."

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Intelligent design was in the 21st century

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
trump claimed he was against the iraq war and his only proof was the solemn word of Sean Hannity

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ikanreed posted:

Intelligent design was in the 21st century

creation science was included in textbooks as not a joke

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

New face filters on Instagram today. This is my favorite one so far. Nice job team.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

R. Guyovich posted:

New face filters on Instagram today. This is my favorite one so far. Nice job team.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

eric holder defended united fruit paying off colombian deathsquads before becoming attorney general

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

When Slick Willy departed the White House, he and Hillary took quite a lot of gifts with them, and also some property they had less of a claim to. When this came out in public, the Clintons returned a bunch of stuff and paid the gov't back for the value of the gifts they had received in office, around $50k. This being the Clintons, the story quickly mutated into the Clintons looting the White House of about $200k of irreplaceable historical artifacts upon their exit, like trailer trash.

To this day, I still hear this exaggerated version of the event repeated as gospel.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Filthy Hans posted:

When Slick Willy departed the White House, he and Hillary took quite a lot of gifts with them, and also some property they had less of a claim to. When this came out in public, the Clintons returned a bunch of stuff and paid the gov't back for the value of the gifts they had received in office, around $50k. This being the Clintons, the story quickly mutated into the Clintons looting the White House of about $200k of irreplaceable historical artifacts upon their exit, like trailer trash.

To this day, I still hear this exaggerated version of the event repeated as gospel.

What about all the W keys from the keyboards?

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

SoupyTwist posted:

What about all the W keys from the keyboards?

I don't know if you're joking or not but that was a compete fabrication

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/TheEllenShow/status/642043853898280960

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
wrong thread

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I really hope Hillary dabbing goes down as her Dukakis tank moment.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Retromancer posted:

I really hope Hillary dabbing goes down as her Dukakis tank moment.

The entire 2016 election cycle was her Dukakis tank moment

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

We could break up the banks... but would that end racism?!

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
An Australian PM drowned in the sea and so they built a swimming pool in his honour

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
Kony 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Never found a body, it's possible he just decided to start a new life somewhere decent.