Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

I'm not anywhere near that yet, but I feel like a bittervet now. I'm working on getting a Imperial Trooper team together and gearing up EzPz for Arena. Next Zeta is going to go into Veers and the one after that into Starck, I think. Once Matt is done being farmed, I'll do another week of mod farming and then on to Old Han and Chewie so I can get JTR at some point.

I love how QGJ won the last TW. Work kept me from placing any defensive teams, but I threw squads in to attack modes. I had fun trying to figure out how to beat a team with one of my C squads. One of these days, I'm finally going to sit down and figure out what teams work best for which point in HAAT.

P1 - CLS all by his lonesome, strat trying to withdraw around 5 turns left on Grievous
P2 - zFinn, Rebels, Zader, Zody + Leia/scav
P3 - JTR/BB8/Thrawn/CLS/R2, Akbar/CLS/Thrawn/BB8/zAV
P4 - same as P2, but your P3 team full cleared P3 and now they're just beating this poo poo out of P4 also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Warmachine posted:

You're saying that like Jyn shows up enough in the guild shop to actually put a dent in my stock pile. Now, if there was a way to convert said currency into EVENT currency, there might be a problem.

They're also planning on never adding characters to GW, Arena, or Cantina shops - so you may need those currencies for characters coming out (willing to bet that Talzin and Wicket and Sion will all be guild shop when they drop).

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Did anyone join the MSG overflow guild, Goon Registration Act, as Poggers?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I tend to post a lot of useful stuff in Discord, and every now and then realize I should share. As always, get your arena teams sorted first, but aside from that, here are the recommended, top 3 comps to work towards for Sith Raid and the game in general:
1) Nightsisters (pref zzAV, zTalzin, Daka, Aco, Talia -- sub Initiate for Talzin)
2) JTR (pref JTR - zL, zR2, BB8, SRey, RTrooper -- additional zetas on R2, BB8 and JTR are helpful but not necessary)
3) Chexmix -- zCLS (L), zHan, Chirrut, DT, Pao/JKA

Here is what we will need for Heroic sith raid:
P1: JTR
P2: Phoenix + Ewoks + Wampa
P3: Chexmix
P4: Nightsisters, then just lots of gas

recommended Wampa comp seems to be OB (L), Wampa, Sabine, Thrawn, GK. Can sub Rex (L) for OB. I think with either of these, you mostly ignore the side guys (until they get countered to death) as they are going to generate TM for your comp. Sabine applies lots of armor shred, GK adds survivability, counters, and a big assist call. Thrawn adds TM

e: nvm...definitely run Pao or JKA in this comp. I didn't understand offense up properly. Han gains stats from each person, so offense up on everyone else increase's Han's offense through the whole stand alone.
For Chexmix, the goal is to have multi-hit people for DT's deathmark, but it is really important that you actually have gear on them -- undergeared Pao is not ideal (more on that below). Once you get everyone else into the g11/g12 territory, you can start surviving several rounds and scoring a lot of damage through the phase, as opposed to just one massive alpha strike from Han. Fulcrum has her massive whirlwind that can do about 8-9 extra hits in this comp, plus she does well as stand alone with retribution. You can probably do 3 stand alone/deathmark combos in this raid (each one should use about 3 of Traya's turns, so that's 9 turns, with 1 topple in between, up to 12 turns...with an extra topple here or there. Han, Chirrut, and CLS all do good topples because they have close to 100% counter chance. Fulcrum will be better than Chirrut. Pao would be alright because when he counters, he'll double shot (traya probably won't be debuffed for this), but he will only have 50% counter chance. ROLO is good as 5th because she has her 10 hit combo, and if you stack CC on her, she'll actually get to use it a lot. That plus DT while Traya is toppled will be a lot of damage. Leia and Ezra multi-shot on basic, and Ezra can call Han to assist for 4 attacks/DM triggers.

Here's why you don't want an under-geared Pao for this phase. First up, offense up isn't doing as much as you might think. In this scenario, you are getting 400% offense from your allies, and an additional 50% from offense up. This makes for 450% offense up. If you were to do 100 dmg, you're now doing 550 instead of 500. That's still a good chunk of damage, but that leads into number 2: You only get to double shot once with it. I've got the timings perfect for this comp, which means that Han does his cc/cd up, then Pao does off up, then Han has to stand alone. This uses a whole turn of buffs, so Han now only has 1 turn left with offense up, and it's immediately his turn again. So he gets two shots off with offense up, and then all his buffs (except tenacity up) expire. So, instead of doing 250k dmg for both shots, he's maybe doing 225k.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Apr 10, 2018

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I just want to let anyone who doesn't have Sith Trooper know that farming him ahead of somebody like Vet Bros or Death Trooper is really loving stupid and it's the thing in this game I regret more than any other dumb poo poo I have done. And that's a lot of things.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Do we know if Bossk will require 7* Bounty Hunters only? My BH squad is in good shape except I don't have a 5th (Greedo) at 7* as I usually mixed in a scoundrel. I'm now panic rushing trying to get Greedo shards but he's only available in the store and Arena and I'm not sure I'll get him to 7* by the end of this month at this rate (currently 5*).

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

I just want to let anyone who doesn't have Sith Trooper know that farming him ahead of somebody like Vet Bros or Death Trooper is really loving stupid and it's the thing in this game I regret more than any other dumb poo poo I have done. And that's a lot of things.

Yeah, he's cool and everything, but his use is to counter crit-heavy squads like JTR or CLS + rebels.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Popete posted:

Do we know if Bossk will require 7* Bounty Hunters only? My BH squad is in good shape except I don't have a 5th (Greedo) at 7* as I usually mixed in a scoundrel. I'm now panic rushing trying to get Greedo shards but he's only available in the store and Arena and I'm not sure I'll get him to 7* by the end of this month at this rate (currently 5*).

Since we haven't had a marquee in a bit, I would assume we get a marquee thursday/friday for him.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I sure am glad I have Zam and Dengar unlocked at ah

3 stars each. Fantastic!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

im cute posted:

I sure am glad I have Zam and Dengar unlocked at ah

3 stars each. Fantastic!

My dumb obsession with all things Dengar finally pays off!

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I'd be surprised if we need 7* for Bossk. That level of characters has been required for protagonists or frankly iconic characters:

Grand Master Yoda
Emperor Palpatine
R2-D2
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Commander Luke Skywalker
Jedi Training Rey

Bossk is a character who has like ten seconds of screentime and whose only line is "hisssssssss"

He'll be a Marquee character like most of the others. The last marquees we had were Holdo and Rose, and Sith Marauder before them.

I'd love to see Bounty Hunter Leia. First lightside "bounty hunter" in the game.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Yeah the only real options for legendaries that I see are:

New Chewie - because the others have been in Marquee hell
Jabba the Hutt

(Either of those could require scoundrels or BH)

And then you’re into either weird not really combatants like Padme or C3P0, or fanwank bullshit like dark side hooded anakin until we have more actual new Star Wars content to work with.

What I’m saying is, don’t expect many more legendary characters. Do expect legendary ships to start showing up. We’re due. Red 5 or an OT Falcon Seen most likely.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Legendary Salacious Crumb, calling it.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Jedi Luke
Padme
Maaaaybe Pre-suit Darth Vader
Old Man Luke
Maybe Revan

They're the only real Hero's Journey characters left.

In terms of the Legendary events, maybe

Jango Fett
Pre-Suit Darth Vader
General Hux with his ship
Snoke
General Leia
Admiral Raddus with ship - this is a close call
Saw Guerrera - close call

Can't think of any others off-hand.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

'Matt' First Order Technician.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

And then you’re into either weird not really combatants like Padme or C3P0, or fanwank bullshit like dark side hooded anakin until we have more actual new Star Wars content to work with.

Not for nothing, but Padme was pretty combat-y for 2 out of her 3 movies. They could have her in her AotC outfit and shooting the poo poo out of things in this game with no issue.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Popete posted:

My dumb obsession with all things Dengar finally pays off!

I really wanted to eventually do things with Dengar, but then I saw that chart that he has the most items needed in the entire game to get to G11 and, uh, well, he's not going anywhere.

thrawn527 posted:

Not for nothing, but Padme was pretty combat-y for 2 out of her 3 movies. They could have her in her AotC outfit and shooting the poo poo out of things in this game with no issue.

After watching Annihilation, I'm extremely disappointed that Padme wasn't a more combat-y character because I think Portman could have carried those movies if they were more centered around her (and her character was written better).

tadashi fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Apr 12, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MichiganCubbie posted:

Heroes Journey:

Jedi Luke
Padme
Pre-suit Darth Vader
Old Man Luke
Maybe Revan

I agree with the bolds. Luke's gonna get Heroes Journey poo poo for every iteration of him, and I think eventually they'll do the same for Anakin. Maybe we'll get General Skywalker Heroes Journey and then Darth Vader Unmasked eventually. There will be another Rey heroes Journey too. I don't think anyone else will get one but those three characters.

You'd need to release Queen Amidala before you could have a heroes Journey for Senator Amidala. Ditto for Revan going to dark or light. Revan is coming though, guaranteed. Just a question of when at this point, but I doubt he'll ever be a heroes journey toon.

MichiganCubbie posted:

Legendary Evens:

Jango Fett
General Hux with his ship
Snoke
General Leia
Admiral Raddus with ship
Saw Guerrera

I agree with the bolds. Jango is likely, although Aura Singh is just as likely to be the Legendary since she's the BH extraordinaire in Clone Wars. Snoke is gonna be a Legendary event that requires Resistance to unlock.

We're not getting Raddus. Hux is gonna be an eventual marquee. He's just not that important, certainly not more important than Kylo or even Holdo who are both Marquee toons. I don't think we're getting a General Leia. Saw is, if anything, a scoundrel marquee toon that I doubt is ever released (but that would own a lot), but I think in general we're not getting any new Rogue 1 toons.

edit:

Also, if you guys think that BDT's scoundrel isn't coming with the BH rework, you're ~crazy~. They're clearly not done with TLJ characters.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Apr 12, 2018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

kingcom posted:

'Matt' First Order Technician.

I know that he's not canon, it's just a joke on SNL, but if they did do Matt FO Radar Tech... that would be the greatest joke fulfillment of all loving time.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I was thinking about the old line of thinking that you should try to get Wedge as soon as possible so you have Wiggs but now I'm thinking it's almost like you don't need Wedge anymore, at least not early on?

Here are Wedge's essential uses:
Fleet challenges for AA's ship and for Chimaera event
4th or 5th string combat mission leader in LS TB
LS TB Fleet stuff
Rancor and HAAT DPSer but he's not essential for that
Reinforcement ship in fleet (but you can do without)
Alternate alternate alternate team leader for a couple phases in Sith Raid
For about 10-20ish levels, he can lead the old standard Wiggs arena team (Wiggs+Lando+Boba+STHan)

He's good to get eventually, but I feel like there are a lot more characters you wish you had at level 85 when you're trying to work on raid teams, squad arena, and fleet arena?

What you don't need Wedge for:
EP event
GMYoda event
Thrawn (character) event
RJT event
Arena (just use Phoenix until something better is available)
Fleet Arena (plenty of better pilots)
Raiding (he fits in some places but there are plenty of good substitutes)

You may feel like you're falling a bit behind by skipping Wedge early on but you're really getting ahead in the long run, IMO. I think someone is better off putting those resources into Phoenix due to how many uses they have (and it's not just for Thrawn, anymore), and into working on Resistance and dark side characters.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Apr 12, 2018

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Chilichimp posted:

I know that he's not canon, it's just a joke on SNL, but if they did do Matt FO Radar Tech... that would be the greatest joke fulfillment of all loving time.

:agreed:

And also shame on me for pursuing zetas with such abandon I have not enough 6* or 7* light-side ships to increase my Chimaera.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Wiggs is still powerful at low levels, but the shimmer fades pretty quick once you've got CLS, R2, and Thrawn.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

Wiggs is still powerful at low levels, but the shimmer fades pretty quick once you've got CLS, R2, and Thrawn.

I still see them on my shard around ranks 150-200, and with CLS, R2, and Han, they can still pack a punch. I also just saw one with Hermit Yoda instead of Han, which was weird. Like, if you spent the time on Hermit Yoda, why haven't you focused on better than Wiggs, too? Bad choices.

But they're also pretty easy to manage, so I tend to target them when I see them.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a guide for 7* Thrawn? I have Hera/Sabine/Chopper/Kanan/Ezra/Zeb all 7* with mods and at least gear level 8 and I still can't seem to even come close to beating round 4.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Popete posted:

Does anyone have a guide for 7* Thrawn? I have Hera/Sabine/Chopper/Kanan/Ezra/Zeb all 7* with mods and at least gear level 8 and I still can't seem to even come close to beating round 4.

Someone can put a better description than I can, but until then, you want to use Hera, Chopper, Ezra, Kanan, and Zeb (Sabine isn't good enough for this event). And you want to have Ezra at least to gear 9. Move your arena team mods to Phoenix for now. Beyond that, it's been too long since I've done it and I can't remember which order to attack everyone in, hopefully someone else can.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Those gear levels are very low (at least depending on your mods)

The Thrawn event is much harder than all the other legendary events and you should have G9 on at least a few characters. I did it with G10 Hera and Ezra (almost G11 on Ezra), G9 on Zeb, Kanan and Chopper, with my at the time best mods (which werent very good) and it took me 60 or so attempts? I got absolutely steamrolled for every single attempt except the successful one which merely felt "balanced" instead of "welp that was easy" as was the case with all the other legendary events.

Give all assists to Zeb so he can control the fight. Use him to spread debuffs on the enemy line. His stun is spectacular for this event. Kill the stormtooper first, then the death troopers, then the captains, save Thrawn for last.
You can't really afford to lose any dudes so make sure that you get backup plan up if you taunt with either of your taunters. Restart if Ezra or Zeb eats the first fracture. The most lucky outcome is probably to taunt with chopper to get him fractured, then taunt with kanan and backup plan him.

Many of the guides i read said to dispell the stormtrooper taunt, then start working on the death troopers. I honestly found it best to simply kill off the stormtrooper first, as many attempts led to the stormtrooper taunting again before both DTs were dead (I think the captains make him taunt and/or refresh his cooldowns?).

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

They better be arena-grade mods with good speed. I did it with full G8 and I swapped my arena mods onto phoenix until I beat it. It took a few hours of trying to set-up a good transition into the final stage.

The idea is to enter the phase, put back-up plan on Kanaan and let him die and come back. Meanwhile you want to use ezra or chooper to dispell the stormtrooper taunt so you can use ezra or chopper to remove the buff from Deathtrooper 1. Garazeb's special will stagger to remove the buff from Deathtrooper 2.

Once the buffs are off the deathtroopers things get considerably easier for you, so just start killing motherfuckers trying not to lose too much in the process,. Thrawn is your last target.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

The TOR mmo is mostly untouched as far as marquee characters. There’s still a ton of EU characters, but those may be written off entirely. I think it’d be cool to see a BH themed raid and a new Jedi Temple TB to put Clones, Republic, Seperatist, Jedi and Sith to use.

Thrawn event is hard as poo poo, just remember: taunt, remove trooper taunt, remove DT buffs, kill thrawn last, and restart if you lose zeb or ezra. Maybe consider restarting if you lose Hera very early, though you shouldn’t if you’re taunting constantly.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Just noticed in the app store GoH icon is now Solo the Prequel Han and Lando. So that's like obviously an bid upcoming drop, prob in with the BH/Scoundrel rework. Is this new or did I miss something?

Galaxy of Hans

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
7* Thrawn, feels good man.

Thanks for the tips everyone, once I moved some mods around and got everyone geared up it wasn't too bad. In total I probably tried it 6 times.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Its really fustraiting how i'm stuck at the same node for the last 3 Thrawn events. Even though I can clear the lower stages with no problem, as soon as I get to Thrawn, the Death Troopers take out most of the team. If i'm lucky Zeb, Kanaan or Ezra are still alive, but they then get one attack in and then die.

I have never figured out why the enemies in this game get so many attacks.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Its really fustraiting how i'm stuck at the same node for the last 3 Thrawn events. Even though I can clear the lower stages with no problem, as soon as I get to Thrawn, the Death Troopers take out most of the team. If i'm lucky Zeb, Kanaan or Ezra are still alive, but they then get one attack in and then die.

What's your gear level / mod setup? My Phoenix team is basically never in danger of dying unless they've been inflicted with Heal Block due to all the passive healing and protection gain. For the most part I start the final wave by dispelling the Taunt, trying to stun Thrawn with Zeb's Daze basic, and then focusing down the Death Troopers first.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I auto stage 1/2, use nothing but basics on stage 3

start P4 by doing the following:

dispell Stormtrooper taunt
stagger deathtrooper 1
stagger/dispell deathtrooper 2
taunt with kanaan
put back-up plan on kanaan.

These should be done in no particular order, but everyone should be alive by the time you're done or you gonna fail, prolly.

Once this is done, kill the deathtroopers, kill the other troopers, then kill Thrawn.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Hell Yeah heroic sith Down.

That was actually... kind of fun?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chilichimp posted:

I auto stage 1/2, use nothing but basics on stage 3

start P4 by doing the following:

dispell Stormtrooper taunt
stagger deathtrooper 1
stagger/dispell deathtrooper 2
taunt with kanaan
put back-up plan on kanaan.

These should be done in no particular order, but everyone should be alive by the time you're done or you gonna fail, prolly.

Once this is done, kill the deathtroopers, kill the other troopers, then kill Thrawn.

How do I do those things? Who is the best team makeup for the battle?

All of Phoenix is 7* and at least GL7 or 8. Anything beyond that is not happening because they all at that point need gear that needs 20+ in multiple slots, and gently caress that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

How do I do those things? Who is the best team makeup for the battle?

All of Phoenix is 7* and at least GL7 or 8. Anything beyond that is not happening because they all at that point need gear that needs 20+ in multiple slots, and gently caress that.

best is no sabine, but really you're taking ezra/sabine whichever is better geared.

Gear 9 is hard for phoenix as they all require some pretty in demand poo poo. Get speed secondaries and arrows on them and try to finish up wave 3 with high TM.

The enemy will get turns while you're setting up that opener, but you want everyone to be aliveish. Getting back-up plan and taunt on kanaan early is pretty important

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Getting past 7* Thrawn at G7/G8 Phoenix is an exercise in restarting the thing a few hundred times to get the right RNG. People have done it, but the stars have to align. Doesn't cost you anything but time to try again and you have another 5 days or so to gear further if you want

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I found Chopper to be more useful than Sabine.

It feels sooooooooo good to complete it and never have to think about Phoenix Squad again.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I didn't 3 star stage 1 of the mythic event on either day.

I was SET for it today. Everyone up, thrawn out of protection and troopers, Kanaan just got rezzed by back-up plan...

Then thrawn just loving executed him with a basic shot.

I need more gear on that stupid jedi gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Popete posted:

It feels sooooooooo good to complete it and never have to think about Phoenix Squad again.

Bad news buddy, Phoenix are one of the overall most valuable and important squads in the game.

They’re great at and required for LSTB, solid in TW, amazing in the Sith raid (well, mostly Sabine), have two of the best ships in the game (yeah, ghost/phantom don’t really fit the Thrawn/target lock meta, but TW means you’re running 2-4 fleets and LSTB theyre great, and we’re getting a ship PVE table soon where they maybwell shine...)

Basically, Phoenix are really drat good at everything you do in this game that isn’t arena, and blowing them off seems kind of silly to me at this point.