Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's like how in Teletubbies, they'd always do that bit where they'd watch a live-action segment on one of their screens, then when it finished they'd all go, "Again! Again!" and it would replay the exact same thing.

What did you call the one about the woman who flew a spotty aeroplane?

Come Outside, my friend. Auntie Mabel and Pippin. Auntie Mabel is obviously Lynda Baron who at age 79 is still acting here and there and I get genuinely happy when I see her, like a long-lost relative.

Yet to be murdered or a murderer in Midsomer though for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Okay, how about the one (which I remember being in the afternoon block - I think - on CITV) where each segment would start off with the front page of this DC Thompson-style comic, divided into panels playing clips of each character, and the camera zoomed in on whatever one the segment was going to feature?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Wheat Loaf posted:

Okay, how about the one (which I remember being in the afternoon block - I think - on CITV) where each segment would start off with the front page of this DC Thompson-style comic, divided into panels playing clips of each character, and the camera zoomed in on whatever one the segment was going to feature?

ZZZap. Designed for deaf children, which is why so many exaggerated expressions and big hand gestures. Had Art Attack's Neil Buchanan as a regular.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Good old Art Attack. :allears:

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

SeanBeansShako posted:

Eh he was a mild novelty with the depressingly short lived Time Commanders reboot. Man I am still bitter how short that was.

Gregg Wallace will always hold a place in my heart just for the episode of Time Commanders where an elephant turns up in a recreation of one of Hannibal’s battles and Gregg is so excited he cries “JUMBOOO!!”.

Anyway, Nawamin woz robbed.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Wheat Loaf posted:

Good old Art Attack. :allears:

This is an Art Attachhh!

This is an Art Attachhh!

This is... Art Attachhh!

The Head was excellent and not at all terrifying, imo. Also Neil Buchanan is in a metal band and he played at my local venue a week after I moved away from the city, and I have basically never forgiven myself.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Junkenstein posted:

NOT BEHIND THE BUS SPOTTY!

I was talking to a friend who works for BBC Wales the other day and she said they basically can't show any Superted anymore 'cos it's racist as gently caress.

I loved superted as a kid. Just rewatched a couple of episodes with mine. It does have some....problems.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Rondette posted:

I loved superted as a kid. Just rewatched a couple of episodes with mine. It does have some....problems.

What's wrong with it? I ask not having seen it in absolutely forever.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

Plenty of ZZZzzap available on a popular video-sharing website! Anyone who can't instantly start humming the Daisy Dares You theme when it comes on will be shot.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Thanks for the masterchef spoilers guys :( even though I still don't know who won it, I now know at least one person who definitely didn't.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

The Perfect Element posted:

Thanks for the masterchef spoilers guys :( even though I still don't know who won it, I now know at least one person who definitely didn't.

If you don't want to read posts about British television shows then perhaps the pmmp is not for you?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

sebzilla posted:

If you don't want to read posts about British television shows then perhaps the pmmp is not for you?

Yea, aren't the rules "when it's broadcast, it's fair game"? Sure if it's something really old and unexpected you could spoiler it but for just broadcast stuff, come on.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
You guys know the Art Attack unbroadcast pilot is on youtube right?

https://youtu.be/qC4U1tBLErw

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Yon head thing used to scare the bajesus out of me :(

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

The Perfect Element posted:

Spoilers for these kind of shows are everywhere after it’s been broadcast. Unless you’re avoiding every news website you’ll probably see them.

Wow, I’d forgotten about Zzap. That used to annoy the hell out of my mum as it was so loud and obnoxious.

My favourite show used to be the Raggy Dolls, which really laid on the ‘it’s cool to be different!’ message. The theme tune still pops into my head now and again.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Taear posted:

What's wrong with it? I ask not having seen it in absolutely forever.

It's all on YouTube. The two I saw had bone-through-nose type stereotypes of of Natives. And silly accents a go go.

Re: The Head from Zzzzap! I remember reading it had the word 'sex' carved into the hair.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Finished series 2 of Detectorists. So good. Glad it was 7 episodes, the last one was a nice little cap to an excellent season. The characters are all evolving in small and believable increments without ruining the tone of the show.

Makes me wonder about the state of detecting in North America. Britain is much smaller and has so much more history, what with all the european invasions and cultural movement. The US and Canada are so spread out and sparse and less populated historically. I don't know if detectors have much luck over here.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Ccs posted:

The US and Canada are so spread out and sparse and less populated historically. I don't know if detectors have much luck over here.

I think they pretty much just comb civil war battlefields. Its not like they're going to find a buried hoard.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I couldn't wait and I went straight into season 3 of Detectorists and it's the first time the show has annoyed me.

I thought these characters had grown from their previous selves but now Lance is still getting taken advantage of by his ex-wife, and Andy is lying to his wife about an incredibly important aspect of their life (his job) which is stressing me out. I know shows need conflict but I feel like after 2 season with these characters I just want to see them happy and detecting and interacting with each other. The parts with the detecting society are my favorite. This relationship drama stuff stresses me out.

I'm sure things will sort themselves out by the end of the season like they always have previously, but that also shows why it's good that the series wrapped up after 3 seasons. It's gotten a bit formulaic in the pacing of the drama. I'll probably see out the season for that catharsis but getting through these dramatic bits is more stressful than I want this show to be.

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Season 3 is an excellent finale to the show. Give it a chance.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
People Just Do Nothing series 1-4 are on US Netflix now!

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Yeah, Detectorists is worth sticking with because almost every conflict they introduce is a red herring that has a happy ending to it, and season 3's finale is lovely beyond words.

I would also just like to thank the thread for introducing me to Mum because its loving beautiful. Lesley Manville and Peter Mullan should be considered national treasures.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Speaking of kids TV, if any of you remember frankly bonkers puppet show Round The Bend, I've put all of that up on YouTube

Lemon
May 22, 2003

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Speaking of kids TV, if any of you remember frankly bonkers puppet show Round The Bend, I've put all of that up on YouTube

is that the one that played the Attack of the Killer Tomatos cartoon? Maybe I just wasn't able to follow it at the time, but it seemed to me like the episodes were truncated or chopped up and made no sense and went nowhere.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Remember that cartoon about the talking piano that flew?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Lemon posted:

is that the one that played the Attack of the Killer Tomatos cartoon? Maybe I just wasn't able to follow it at the time, but it seemed to me like the episodes were truncated or chopped up and made no sense and went nowhere.

no, it had The Revenge Of The False Teeth From Beyond The Stars, featuring Roger Prentice, the apprentice dentist. And also Teenage Mutant Ninja Toilets, Teenage Mutant Ninja Teddies and Old Age Useless Nitwit Tortoises

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Remember that cartoon about the talking piano that flew?

Oscar's Orchestra?

One of my favourites.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I remember it. People would always think I was talking about Round the Twist and not Doc Croc’s show. I found it really didn’t hold up when I checked an episode out a few years back. Think there was only the one clip on YT when I last looked, so that’s cool youve put the lot up.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I remember it. People would always think I was talking about Round the Twist and not Doc Croc’s show. I found it really didn’t hold up when I checked an episode out a few years back. Think there was only the one clip on YT when I last looked, so that’s cool youve put the lot up.

It's fine in a single episode setting, but in the end it's 25 minutes of literal toilet jokes that get repeated endlessly. The episode with the first appearance of the killer teddy wearing sunglasses is amazing though

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

sebzilla posted:

Oscar's Orchestra?

One of my favourites.

Set in a future of no music!

I remember Round the Bend but I don't remember it being good!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh good grief. I wasn't allowed to watch that because it was 'too rude'.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

When I was back home recently, I found a book of Paul Jennings short stories (that were adapted to make up Round The Twist). Every one of them seemed to involve main character either pissing themselves, or pissing on other people, or threatening to piss on others.

I wonder how many fetishes germinated from that man's work.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
The only thing I remember from Round the Twist was the spaghetti-eating contest.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

The_Doctor posted:

Oh good grief. I wasn't allowed to watch that because it was 'too rude'.

I wasn’t allowed to watch ITV in general around one of my grandmas because it was ‘common’.

So if I was at her house after school I’d be stuck watching lame-o Blue Peter with its kid choirs and segments on gardening. I did help organise a Bring and Buy sale though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don't think anyone ever enjoyed Blue Peter, and the only reason it persisted is because each generation feels the following one should suffer too.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I can't ever recall watching a whole episode. Always the shambles towards the end when they hosed something up waiting for something better to be on.

Remember the weird puppet presenter fad of the mid nineties? A loving toffee obsessed Aaardvark?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Julio Cruz posted:

The only thing I remember from Round the Twist was the spaghetti-eating contest.

I remember being regularly scared by Round the Twist, but the theme tune is one of the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPxJ6RR40ZU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

I remember being regularly scared by Round the Twist, but the theme tune is one of the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPxJ6RR40ZU

Pretty sure I could sing most of it without even watching the video.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

I can't ever recall watching a whole episode. Always the shambles towards the end when they hosed something up waiting for something better to be on.

Remember the weird puppet presenter fad of the mid nineties? A loving toffee obsessed Aaardvark?

If you're dissing Edd The Duck or Gordon The Gopher...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I honestly only remember two, one I mentioned and a Scottish cow who was a walking endless cow pat joke in I think a C4 or ITV rival to Live & Kicking?