Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

CascadeBeta posted:

I really want to know who was the one person that gave Takeover a thumbs down in the observer.

who books ROH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Junpei Hyde posted:

who books ROH

Similar to how all the NXT shows are titled "Takeover", ROH should title all their shows "Streaming Problems".

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

CascadeBeta posted:

I really want to know who was the one person that gave Takeover a thumbs down in the observer.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I mean, a main event with two vanilla midgets on top? Who's gonna care about that?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It's probably Tomaso Ciampa

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'd legit mark out for Kevin Nash faking a quad tear while doing a run-in at Takeover

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

SalTheBard posted:

Side Note: Would anyone be interested in doing a podcast specifically about New Japan?

Good luck, everyone knows you can't do a podcast about NJPW for less than $1500 a month, it's impossible

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

SalTheBard posted:

I am so excited to hear Jerry Jarretts Manifesto!

Side Note: Would anyone be interested in doing a podcast specifically about New Japan? I have a New Japan based Facebook page with like 700 followers so there is a good springboard for an audience. I currently do a non-wrestling Podcast so I have equipment, I can edit, etc.

I've been watching Japanese wrestling for 20 years and I can bring my own mic. I'd love to help out if you get this going.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

David Weiss looks like if Jericho gets a bit more dad-bodded

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Do flat earth people ever explain why the government is trying to cover up the fact that the earth is flat? Like, what would they even get out of hiding that

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

RZApublican posted:

Do flat earth people ever explain why the government is trying to cover up the fact that the earth is flat? Like, what would they even get out of hiding that

I've watched a few flat earth videos out of curiosity and they all made the argument that they're trying to hide the existence of God. Round Earth is a satanic conspiracy or something. People are really dumb

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

agreed, thankfully there are some smart ones who know the truth #askquestions

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

The Berzerker posted:

honest question, why is Hulkamatt always so confused? I honestly wonder if he just isn't listening to you sometimes :v:

I'm not gonna deny occasionally being zonked out for a moment. Sometimes it's just that I have a bad memory of what we talked before and I haven't listened back to anything. Not being the best at articulating my thoughts on the spot is a big part of it also.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
You’re beautiful just the way you are, Matt. Don’t change a loving thing.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Earth is flat and thank god it's perfectly horizontal and not tilted or we'd all be sliding down all the time trying to scramble back up.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Looks like the main reason Conrad and Bruce got the podcast on the Network was that the analytics guys found out there were massive spikes in Network viewership on old shows that directly corresponded with their podcast topic.

If true I can't what for What Else Happened When? and the return of Tony Schiavone to the WWE product, also Conrad is starting a third podcast with Bischoff called 83 Weeks.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/OldBoyGiorgio/status/984930127216824323

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/984936180943761409?s=20

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I thought the Santo/Octagon vs Barr/Guerrero mask vs hair match got 5?

Also, Cornette's making a comic book?
http://www.comicsbeat.com/jim-cornette-nwa-wcw-wwf-wwe-brings-some-wrestling-stories-to-comics/

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 14, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/985021760302071808

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well this is what happens when you don't get the observer out on time, Dave!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/984937435149684736

I love Dave so much

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

I thought the Santo/Octagon vs Barr/Guerrero mask vs hair match got 5?

Also, Cornette's making a comic book?
http://www.comicsbeat.com/jim-cornette-nwa-wcw-wwf-wwe-brings-some-wrestling-stories-to-comics/

Happened in LA.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Eddie Guerrero & Art Barr vs El Hijo del Santo & Octagon at AAA When Worlds Collide got *****. It happened in LA, but AAA is a Mexican promotion (which is what the person asked about) so it counts.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

J-Ru look at you finally figuring out that tweeter bird site thing after all these years :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Now that I've finally figured this out, I guess it's time for twitter to go under and be replaced by some new social media site where anything by the original poster is shown consonant-only and all replies are vowel-only.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

That's the kind of tweet that'll get you googled more than AJ. :discourse:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

HulkaMatt posted:

I'm not gonna deny occasionally being zonked out for a moment. Sometimes it's just that I have a bad memory of what we talked before and I haven't listened back to anything. Not being the best at articulating my thoughts on the spot is a big part of it also.

This all makes sense. I didn't mean for it to sound shady, I just legit thought you sounded like you were caught off-guard or were looking at your phone or something

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Just realised why I like listening to Vince Verhei so much, his voice is extremily similar to the second commentator in the English dubs of Iron Chef Japan from way back when.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If I had infinite money, I'd pay to have him narrate literally everything because I need him narrating the plots of films.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
It's definitely too bad Bryan doesn't watch movies because hearing him and Vince recap classic films would be amazing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

It's definitely too bad Bryan doesn't watch movies because hearing him and Vince recap classic films would be amazing.

The recap of the Where's Goofy episode of The Mickey Mouse Club was incredible too :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I caught up on Edge & Christian's podcast with the Hardys, it was really drat good but I think my favorite part was Jeff out of nowhere saying,"Hey should we ask for Vince Russo's opinion? No, because nobody cares! :lol:"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
On top of booking stupid matches I'm adding torturing Bryan and Vinny by paying them money to review things to my "If I Win The Lottery" List.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

James Ellsworth is getting a weekly podcast if your current feed has too many chins in it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I've heard some of the "Gino Hernandez is Paul Boesch's son" rumors before but hearing the full slate of weird stories and coincidences on today's WOR is quite the listen.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
65% sale on a Torch subscription. Just remember to turn off the monthly renewal by the end of the month if you don't want to renew:

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2018/04/08/wrestlemania-34-pwtorch-vip-membership-sale-3-40-save-65-percent-on-one-month-sub-today/

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
what happened to jez the video game guy that caused the fallout between him and f4w?

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

MassRafTer posted:

I've heard some of the "Gino Hernandez is Paul Boesch's son" rumors before but hearing the full slate of weird stories and coincidences on today's WOR is quite the listen.

Very cool segment, for sure. Dave even admitting that he shouldn’t be talking about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I really enjoyed the unexpected inclusion of former President George Bush to the Gino story - pro-wrestling is so loving weird