Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It seems unfair that a bad team like Red Bull is allowed to start a very bad driver like rear end "AIDS" Vercrappen when he is clearly going to crash into other cars and ruin their races incredibly unfairly. Think they need a race ban.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Hey DoctorCompleto, remember that time an inferior McLaren overtook a superior Ferrari for a 7th place in the 2018 Chinese GP?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gigi Galli posted:

Imo Ferrari had a bad strategy which is no surprise but they got unlucky with the timing of the safety car as both cars were too far ahead to pit and of course being this races target of frog boys incompetence is also unlucky. Bottas pissing away a successful undercut and Hamilton doing gently caress all the whole race is also laughable but you won't hear about it since everyone is frothing at the mouth to piss on the worlds greatest Motorsport organization.

Nobody is frothing at the mouth to piss on Williams. Everyone knows what the issues with Williams are: two really, really bad drivers. One is quite possibly one of the worst F1 drivers of all time and the other could even fall into that category-- mayhaps just aggressively mediocre Russian.

Stroll needs to go. Sirotkin needs to go. They need actual people who can set up a car and race it to its limitations. Instead Williams is racing in the swirling motion of a toilet struggling to flush a massive couple of turds down and Kubica's the only one with the stomach to get in there and mash the poo poo up into a fine fluffy mass but no one is letting him near the shitter.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Wirth1000 posted:

Nobody is frothing at the mouth to piss on Williams. Everyone knows what the issues with Williams are: two really, really bad drivers. One is quite possibly one of the worst F1 drivers of all time and the other could even fall into that category-- mayhaps just aggressively mediocre Russian.

Stroll needs to go. Sirotkin needs to go. They need actual people who can set up a car and race it to its limitations. Instead Williams is racing in the swirling motion of a toilet struggling to flush a massive couple of turds down and Kubica's the only one with the stomach to get in there and mash the poo poo up into a fine fluffy mass but no one is letting him near the shitter.

Agreed they should be brutally murdered with grenade launchers and assault rifles.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GramCracker posted:

Hey DoctorCompleto, remember that time an inferior McLaren overtook a superior Ferrari for a 7th place in the 2018 Chinese GP?

The Ferrari was broken

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

What a start from Are Stroll. Truly a star of the future, just needs a good car under him.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

The Ferrari was broken

Broken like your heart after that Ferrari loss ha ha

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

Big Ricky to Ferrari next season please. Wanna see him drinking a fine chianti out of a Gucci bit loafer.

Who's the guy who makes the shoes for the pope?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Also I'm endlessly lol'ing and the people who still think Verstappen is not complete garbage.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I like Verstappen because he has tremendous amounts of talent but he really hosed up this race. He'll learn from it though, he wouldn't have gotten this far if he was incapable of that.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Also why does Toto have some twink standing beside him the whole race?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GramCracker posted:

Broken like my heart after i saw my ex

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

uXs posted:

I like Verstappen because he has tremendous amounts of talent but he really hosed up this race. He'll learn from it though, he wouldn't have gotten this far if he was incapable of that.

lol

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

uXs posted:

This is extremely optimistic

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

1500quidporsche posted:

Who's the guy who makes the shoes for the pope?

Antonio Arellano but I think he is either dead or doesn't do it any more.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Let's talk again in a few years.

And let's also not forget that basically all of the current top drivers still make equally dumb mistakes, like the Vettel vs Hamilton safety car shenanigans last year.

pik_d posted:

This is extremely optimistic

Perhaps. Even if he doesn't I prefer having him out there instead of someone more boring.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

?F3? champion. "learning the ropes of F1".

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

uXs posted:

Let's talk again in a few years.

People have been saying this since he came in to Toro Rosso and he's proven time and again that he loving loses his mind and can't make a clean pass when it's for a podium position. Again I'm loling that you think this is gonna change, he's a loving idiot that doesn't learn from his mistakes.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Schlesische posted:

"learning the ropes of F1".

Is that what it's called now?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

DoctorGonzo posted:

Post better

It's like you're trying to bait the shitposts out.

Say this to yourself every day before you turn your monitor on.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

1500quidporsche posted:

People have been saying this since he came in to Toro Rosso and he's proven time and again that he loving loses his mind and can't make a clean pass when it's for a podium position. Again I'm loling that you think this is gonna change, he's a loving idiot that doesn't learn from his mistakes.

Part of the reason is he's Red Bull's current golden child who are pretty much bound to be spoiled shits (see Vettel).

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

pik_d posted:

Part of the reason is he's Red Bull's current golden child who are pretty much bound to be spoiled shits (see Vettel).

I said this in the discord and the closest comparable driver to him is early career Perez. Perez wouldn't have caught anywhere near the same amount of criticism if he was in Red Bull and polished Helmut's Helmut every second weekend like Max does.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ilmucche posted:

It's like you're trying to bait the shitposts out.

Say this to yourself every day before you turn your monitor on.

Stop posting

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

DoctorGonzo posted:

Stop posting

:qq:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

That's George Russell. Mercedes Jr. driver in F2.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Stop posting

Stop. Go drink or something it's what you're best at.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Gigi Galli posted:

Big Ricky to Ferrari next season please. Wanna see him drinking a fine chianti out of a Gucci bit loafer.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

Stop. Go drink or something it's what you're best at.

Theo got probated for post like this.
S
T
O
P

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

DoctorGonzo posted:

Theo got probated for post like this.
S
T
O
P

He was right and that probation was unfair lol.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Unfair is that Frog man is Rbr number one driver. The other is just bad taste

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

me

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

GramCracker posted:

I do. I have had a boner since it happened

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Can we just take a moment here to put the spotlight on how bad Grosjean has been this year? I'm already on the K-Mag bandwagon and I have to support the home team, HAAS. But what the gently caress is Romain doing? He went from 6th to 18th. He finished behind loving Stroll, a pay driver Russian AND Ericsson. He had no incidents during the race that I seen. Maybe the Haas car isn't as good as people thought, and it's all K-Mag turning the corner in his career.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

BubbaGrace posted:

Can we just take a moment here to put the spotlight on how bad Grosjean has been this year? I'm already on the K-Mag bandwagon and I have to support the home team, HAAS. But what the gently caress is Romain doing? He went from 6th to 18th. He finished behind loving Stroll, a pay driver Russian AND Ericsson. He had no incidents during the race that I seen. Maybe the Haas car isn't as good as people thought, and it's all K-Mag turning the corner in his career.

Big John's quickest lap was 0.7 seconds quicker than K-Mag, and only bettered by the top 7. I think it may be that he is indeed a shithouse binman

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Does grosjean still have braking problems? He seems to be moaning about it less this year so maybe it actually was the car.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Maybe the braking problems are in fact caused by his foot being attached to a garbageman

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Big John's quickest lap was 0.7 seconds quicker than K-Mag, and only bettered by the top 7. I think it may be that he is indeed a shithouse binman

Maybe he can’t get it done consistently over a whole race? I know he got ordered to let Mag through but if Gro was faster on ultras than Mag on softs, I feel like that never would have happened.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Horner says: please stay Dan or you’ll get sacrificed to Vettel just like Kimi did today

https://www.racefans.net/2018/04/15/shanghai-win-should-convince-ricciardo-to-stay-horner/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Mandalay posted:

Horner says: please stay Dan or you’ll get sacrificed to Vettel just like Kimi did today

https://www.racefans.net/2018/04/15/shanghai-win-should-convince-ricciardo-to-stay-horner/

f1-fanatic link should be a bannable offense.

F1 Fanatic was also a great name vs the extremely generic 'Racefans' name.