Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Where's your spirit of adventure?
Life just isn't interesting without taking chances on dodgy Chinese sex toys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
to the tune of Single Female Lawyer: Dodgy Chinese Sex Toys

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Crotch Fruit posted:

Are Ali condoms a bad idea? My gut say hell no but aren't all condoms made in China anyways?

I don't think I've ever bought a Chinese manufactured condom in my life. They all seem to be made in thailand.

If you want to save money on them just find someone selling fallen off a truck or bulk (ie out of a 1000 unit box) local stock on eBay.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Crotch Fruit posted:

Are Ali condoms a bad idea? My gut say hell no but aren't all condoms made in China anyways?

More serious, why should I use Ali instead of wish.com? I think the biggest factor is Ali acts a broker but with wish you are literally handing your credit card info directly to a shady dude in China? Besides payment security, is it any easier to not get scammed find good deals on one either site?

Chlamydia hurts less than a UTI, my dude :v:

Wish has a worse reputation for packets just showing up empty, worse customer service/arbitration, and inflated shipping fees - so you only get 1/2 the cost back if you do somehow manage to get a refund. Those fees are also why stuff looks cheaper on wish than Ali.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah I'd not buy condoms the cheapest way possible.. if they fail you're going to have a bad time. You can save by buying in bulk online through Amazon or eBay.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Crotch Fruit posted:

Are Ali condoms a bad idea?

Synthbuttrange posted:

It stained my hand and gave me a horrific rash for a week.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Man, I bought a pair of these soft sneakers in black:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wol...2811556780.html

they're comfy enough (if a bit narrow for my western foot, but they'll break in easy enough) but goddamn the smell from them; its unpleasantly biological not just chemical, like something you'd be displeased to discover in a pig farm somewhere :o:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Where's your spirit of adventure?
Life just isn't interesting without taking chances on dodgy Chinese sex toys.

'Personal massager' came up in one of the sales and in the spirit of curiosity, I took a wander through that section

I thought I was was very broadminded and up to date on all the toys (I know of all 3 types that you put into a body and both the types that you put bodyparts into)...but man, there is a whole world out that that I wasn't aware of.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

These buckles just arrived I use them to hold my shoelaces and now I'm the most stylish goon.:agesilaus:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MrUnderbridge posted:

So does this thread just cover Ali or do Geek and Wish also count?

Seems like a lot of product overlap between them all.

Had good and bad experiences with Geek and Wish.

You can link those too

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
What is the difference between AliExpress and Wish? I noticed things on Wish seem to be much cheaper at first glance (free, $1, $2, etc.) but then have an added shipping cost.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Male Tears posted:

What is the difference between AliExpress and Wish? I noticed things on Wish seem to be much cheaper at first glance (free, $1, $2, etc.) but then have an added shipping cost.

You discovered it! That's the difference.

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

spog posted:

Now imagine the same level of manufacturing care applied to the condoms.

I assume sex toys are a no - no for the same reason.

Basically, nothing that plugs in.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

dregan posted:

Basically, nothing that plugs in.
Plugs in what?

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Plugs in what?

Are you sticking something into another thing that transfers anything? Don't get it.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

Plugs in what?
I get it. Well played.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Geek is pretty much the same as Wish. Identical format.

Good buys: colored pencils, sharpening stones, gallium, pepper mills, needle tip bottles, ceramic tipped tweezers, various diameters solder, laser pointers, mini scales, copper foil, micro brushes, USB adaptors, rare earth magnets

Bad buys: thumb drive spoofed to show much larger capacity, micro sd spoofed to show much larger capacity (hmmm...:thunk:), razor blades

The good thing was that the thumb drive and the card got full refunds, including postage, without having to send the items back.

On the whole, they're decent enough, but you get the weirdest combinations of things for sale. Industrial parts next to sex toys followed by paintball masks with the occasional car parts and drug paraphernalia. They do seem to tweak what you see based on what you look at, which can be a bit off when you click on some "what the hell is that?" items. They aren't always labeled in the list so you have to click it to see what it is.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
All I will say is I don't have sex use condoms, but I guess it is probably safe to assume that the Chinese can screw up something even if it just a piece of plastic kinda like a balloon.

Are SD cards pretty much guaranteed to be faked or is more like 50/50? What if they priced about the same as a legit brand but just with cool Chinese characters?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
100% of the flash media I have purchased off of ali (which is maybe six order) has been fake. And when Amazon sells 200gb microSD cards for $40, there's no reason to gamble.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

I've got a fake thumbdrive that outperforms the transcend drive it is copying.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Crotch Fruit posted:

They’re a terrible idea, but luckily they also sell lots of cheap babby things too, so it’ll all even out.

Male Tears posted:

Wish are really vague about shipping costs. I’ve noticed they always charge it as ‘estimated shipping’, so you never really know the full amount. They just seem to be a middle man who sell stuff because they put a lot of ads on Facebook.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I had 3 items recently never show up :(

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

recently

Here's your problem. Eventually they will show up after your dispute has been approved.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
How long do you let things ride? Like I have one order from January that still hasn't gotten here, and they keep extending the time. It's just post-its and I don't think anyone is getting rich from scamming $0.40 post-its, but I think it's a safe bet it got lost in the mail.

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009
So these guys are really great:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot...2726203381.html

I bought one for the bottom of our oven and it's actually bigger than the last one I had, it covers not just under the element but front to back and side to side. Totally saved my rear end when my brownie pan leaked; after the oven cooled I just pulled out the sheet, peeled off the baked goo, wiped with a dry paper towel and back in it went.

I ordered two more for crafting. I had a Martha Stewart version that cost about $20 and these are much cheaper, much bigger, and much easier to roll up and put away when I'm done painting/gluing. It really is "wipe clean with damp cloth."

If you order more than 1 at a time you get charged shipping, so if you want free ship just place orders 1 day apart or whatever.

I also suggest this store for nail stuff or art supplies: https://yzwle.aliexpress.com/store/all-wholesale-products/206244.html

3pc liner brushes - 86c
nail striping in tons of colors - 30c (was 15c when I bought)
nail striping in glitter and metals in a variety of widths - 20c to 40c (like really narrow glitter washi tape)

I ordered like 50 pieces and everything was good except 4 missing tubs of foil crumples, which they refunded me for.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Anne Whateley posted:

How long do you let things ride? Like I have one order from January that still hasn't gotten here, and they keep extending the time. It's just post-its and I don't think anyone is getting rich from scamming $0.40 post-its, but I think it's a safe bet it got lost in the mail.

After a while they'll tell you they can't extend the shipping anymore, so I just keep hitting the extend button until then.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I got an email about a seller proposing a solution to a dispute:

You can probably guess which button I'm going to press.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I dunno, if the evidence can't evident....

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I don't know, he is offering $0 that's gotta be at least close to what you paid

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Check this out!

Manual toy pistol Soft Bullet gun matching soft latex luminous bullet M1911 semi-automatic simulation Outdoor game Children gift
http://s.aliexpress.com/v2yeeEF3?fromSns=Copy

Can't wait to get shot for brandishing a rainbow 9mm

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

Check this out!

Manual toy pistol Soft Bullet gun matching soft latex luminous bullet M1911 semi-automatic simulation Outdoor game Children gift
http://s.aliexpress.com/v2yeeEF3?fromSns=Copy

Can't wait to get shot for brandishing a rainbow 9mm

Whoa why bother with that when the same vendor sells a gatling gun that fires those water gel beads. I never even knew such an awesome thing existed

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Mondian posted:

Whoa why bother with that when the same vendor sells a gatling gun that fires those water gel beads. I never even knew such an awesome thing existed

Lol, holy poo poo! I didn't look any deeper into this death merchant's wares. That owns. Gold plated too!

Manual series Gatling gun soft eva bullets gun Water bullets toy gun simulation model of children play outdoors live CS toy gift
http://s.aliexpress.com/vY3eqaE3?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Mondian posted:

Because those gel balls don't work well in toy guns.. my son really really really wanted one so I got it despite terrible reviews and it worked as poorly as the reviews said.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
There's a product idea, non-lovely waterballs for the sick fps water guns

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

also, if you look at the picture, it only shoots from the center barrel. plus the size is too small.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

YouTube videos show that it's more of a repeater really.
And rather awkward to use.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
boy, sure are a lot of sex toys showing up in the freebie section lately

if there's one thing you shouldn't put inside you, it's a free sex toy from ali express.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
People put far worse things inside them than that

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

norp posted:

People put far worse things inside them than that

Post/Avatar etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Bummey posted:

boy, sure are a lot of sex toys showing up in the freebie section lately

They've become a regular appearance in the Flash Deals - glad it's not just for me.