Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

It's not really politics but F'Murr is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010
So long, génie des alpages !

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
So last night France 2 scored the first ever François Hollande interview since he's left office. Big ratings boost right? Nope. 400k fewer viewers than the news the night before. How loving awful must you be for that kind of poo poo to happen?

https://twitter.com/puremedias/status/983974245763043330

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ElNarez posted:

So last night France 2 scored the first ever François Hollande interview since he's left office. Big ratings boost right? Nope. 400k fewer viewers than the news the night before.

lol

I'm not surprised. Nobody cares about Flanby anymore, they just want to pretend he never happened.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ElNarez posted:

So last night France 2 scored the first ever François Hollande interview since he's left office. Big ratings boost right? Nope. 400k fewer viewers than the news the night before. How loving awful must you be for that kind of poo poo to happen?

Hope Macron watched, slowly realising this is his fate when his term is up.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
That's actually hilarious.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

forkboy84 posted:

Hope Macron watched, slowly realising this is his fate when his term is up.

no you see clearly 3/4 of the electorate voted for Jupiter, as they should, and when he voluntarily decides to retire after a long life of public service the French people will go "well on the upside he wasn't a literal nazi i guess" mourn the end of an era.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ElNarez posted:

lol

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

HookShot posted:

That's actually hilarious.

what did he even talk about??? like who cares what he has to say about fuckin' anything

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kurtofan posted:

what did he even talk about??? like who cares what he has to say about fuckin' anything

He said he wasn't that bad and that history will show it was his reform, not Macron's, that brought back growth.

Also he said that abrogating the ISF was dumb. And sure, I don't disagree, but Hollande's tax policies weren't especially impressive either.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cat Mattress posted:

He said he wasn't that bad and that history will show it was his reform, not Macron's, that brought back growth.

Also he said that abrogating the ISF was dumb. And sure, I don't disagree, but Hollande's tax policies weren't especially impressive either.

he should try to run again next time

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Hamon should have won :v:

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

He wrote a book, it's his promotion tour.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

link to original

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
So did anyone watch Pernaud's interview of Jupiter Optimus Macronus?

Bonus BHL making poo poo up about Iran:

quote:

Le 21 mars 1935, la Perse décide de changer de nom et de s’appeler l’Iran sur ordre de l’Allemagne. Et pourquoi? Parce que Iran ça veut dire en persan, en farsi, ça veut dire le pays des Aryens. Et l’Allemagne nazie, qui est à l'époque en pleine ascension propose aux Persans le deal du siècle. L'Allemagne nazie dit aux Persans: On va faire, vous les Aryens de l’Est. Nous on fera les Aryens de l’Ouest. On va faire une chouette aventure commune, on va dominer le monde. Et les Iraniens acceptent le deal. Et on a cet espèce de coup d'état sémantique incroyable, où ce pays parce que la Perse c'est pas rien. La Perse c'est une poésie, c'est des porcelaines, c'est un art extraordinaire. C'est tellement de choses, c'est une civilisation immense, c'est la civilisation achéménide. La Perse décide ce jour-là de tirer un trait sur ce passé là pour s'allier à l'Allemagne nazie.

:shepface:

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Woaaaaaaah, et dans le même genre, au moins il n'a pas fait un autre film.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

BHL is a very stupid man who believes himself to be very smart. See botulism.

Calling Iran Persia is similar to calling Hellas Greece, or calling Myanmar Burma. It's like if people referred to France as "Normandy" or "Provence" because that'd be the name of the region where they step out of their boat instead of the name of the country as a whole. The historical Persia is the area on the western side of the Zagros mountains, from Lake Urmia in the North to the Persian Gulf in the South.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Kassad posted:

So did anyone watch Pernaud's interview of Jupiter Optimus Macronus?

Bonus BHL making poo poo up about Iran:

:shepface:

lol my grandpa hates this guy after he told people not to go to Corsica because it benefits the mob

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i think anyone who says "le deal" is a complete and utter moron

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Kurtofan posted:

i think anyone who says "le deal" is a complete and utter moron

Thank you; I was thinking exactly that. I already speak English and I avoid franglais as much as possible.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
le pitch

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
So we bombed Syria.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kassad posted:

So we bombed Syria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaZcyFhfyS0

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Jupiter isn't the god of lightning for nothing.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
...he is tho

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Technically Sarkozy would have been a much better Jupiter because he was constantly sticking his dick in people he shouldn't.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

HookShot posted:

Technically Sarkozy would have been a much better Jupiter because he was constantly sticking his dick in people he shouldn't.

He wasn't the one with the secret daughter though.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
wat

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazarine_Pingeot

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Mazarine Pingeot

e: goddammit

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
oh wow

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Then people wonder where the French get the reputation for being sluts.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have never met such a person.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I'm reading about it again and :discourse:

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011
Macron: "Le bombardement de la Syrie n'est pas un acte de guerre... Car j'ai pas dit "on declare la guerre", voila." (Source: entretien Mediapart)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

rgocs posted:

Macron: "Le bombardement de la Syrie n'est pas un acte de guerre... Car j'ai pas dit "on declare la guerre", voila." (Source: entretien Mediapart)

that's got to be fake... :prepop:

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Condiv posted:

that's got to be fake... :prepop:

Nono. I'm watching it live. He said it.

""Est-ce que vous m'avait écoute dire qu'on déclarait la guerre? Eh non. Ç'est des représailles dedans un cadre de loi international." (Excuse my written French, it's nowhere near my spoken one)

rgocs fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 15, 2018

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Jupiter sidestepping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Hey at least he didn't end up marrying the daughter of his mistress because her father was a powerful banker and he wanted to be president. And then started having an affair with her sister.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 15, 2018