Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

sassassin posted:

AotC is the best prequel.

Yes it’s legitimately a good genre movie.

I understand how the acting rubs people the wrong way. We are in an era where different methods of acting is more popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

euphronius posted:

I understand how the acting rubs people the wrong way. We are in an era where different methods of acting is more popular

Would you describe it as "coarse," "rough," or even perhaps "irritating?"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No. Smooth and cool. 90% of it .

There is emotive acting that pops off the screen on AOTC and it pops even more due to the even affect of other scenes

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
It's truly a beautiful love st.... bahahahahahaha

I'm sorry, I can't. I just can't...

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
I don't know about beautiful but more love stories should involve predatory monsters in a roman style arena

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

BarronsArtGallery posted:

This loving made me lmbo so hard, i'm sure all of you spergs will love it as well

Mark Hamill has no idea who 2 Man Luke is

and he also has no idea what the modern-day definition of cuckold is... but that's ok with fuckin SWAY, so it should also be ok with all of us... and that's all I have to say about it goddamnit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-rj1gVl6vs

edit: i was going to link them both individually, but watch it yourself instead because I'm not gonna do that to mothefucking Luke Skywalker. You lazy fucks.

Doing the big-time LMBOs over here, man. Thanks.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

This loving made me lmbo so hard, i'm sure all of you spergs will love it as well

and he also has no idea what the modern-day definition of cuckold is... but that's ok with fuckin SWAY, so it should also be ok with all of us... and that's all I have to say about it goddamnit...

I'm gonna second the thanks for this. Cool interview. Hamill is the greatest.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

edit: i was going to link them both individually, but watch it yourself instead because I'm not gonna do that to mothefucking Luke Skywalker. You lazy fucks.

Who is 2 Man Luke

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
AOTC is the best prequel. I love Padme's reckless streak, detective Obi-Wan, hired gun Jango Fett clowning on him, Sir Christopher Lee, and I love the sonic bomb noise.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I loved the little foreshadowing where Mace holds his lightsaber to Jango's throat as a threat, and then later, does actually decapitate him.

That whole scene is brutal. From the shadow of Jango's flying head to the blatant shot of Jango's headless body falling.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
can someone dig up one of cnuts (or smgs?) posts about the transition from blue to red in aotc please and the underlying themes therein

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

euphronius posted:

No, lovely acting has always been unpopular. Nothing illustrates this more Hayden Christensen in the Star Wars prequels.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
the only thing that was brutal about Jango's death was the fact that there were like 30 minutes of film left until the end credits.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
*loud Wookie groaan*

Unfortunately it appears that there will of course be scenes at the Cantina on Tatooine in "Solo."

Let's just hope it's done tastefully and doesn't literally loving end up there at the end of the film like Rogue One...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssptKSsiBlQ

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
Chewie and Donald Glover will be what saves this movie, if anything does.

lmbo -- the end of this TV spot might be the actual first time I've ever understood exactly what Chewie was saying without it having to be repeated back to the audience...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUXd7p_vd3w

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

well presumably we also have now heard "Chewbacca" pronounced by a wookiee

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

*loud Wookie groaan*

Unfortunately it appears that there will of course be scenes at the Cantina on Tatooine in "Solo."

Let's just hope it's done tastefully and doesn't literally loving end up there at the end of the film like Rogue One...

Wow, I loving hate those people

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

*loud Wookie groaan*

I sat through that whole video, and at no point during Tom Spina's bit did they mention that the cantina creatures will actually be in the movie.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Dave Syndrome posted:

I sat through that whole video, and at no point during Tom Spina's bit did they mention that the cantina creatures will actually be in the movie.

no they're just making / recreating all the models and costumes to waste resources

:rolleyes:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

no they're just making / recreating all the models and costumes to waste resources

:rolleyes:

they literally tell you why they recreated the costume and it was for a commercial 7 years ago and then the 2nd half of that particular bit is how they are making consumer products for nerds

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i like all the star wars movies i've seen, but i havent seen the cartoon clone wars or the holiday special and i probably wont see the new han solo. anyway thanks for reading.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Jerkface posted:

they literally tell you why they recreated the costume and it was for a commercial 7 years ago and then the 2nd half of that particular bit is how they are making consumer products for nerds

Yeah, it's what Spina's company does. He and Pablo do a pretty good panel where they go over the production and usage of the Cantina aliens if you ever get a chance to watch them in person.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Zas posted:

i like all the star wars movies i've seen, but i havent seen the cartoon clone wars or the holiday special and i probably wont see the new han solo. anyway thanks for reading.

Check out the Holiday Special. It’s like a fevered dream.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i think i will, maybe at a seasonally appropriate time.

hey why aren't they making a feature length pod racer movie with like sick 2018 graphics?? that would be so cool, are you guys reading this disney?? you can have that one for free.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's near impossible to get through. It is beyond terrible in every single way.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

It's near impossible to get through. It is beyond terrible in every single way.

Yeah

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Have fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzXKySxPFCI

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

they're finally doing it, huh

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I hope he gets blown to bits or better yet, fitted with a restraining bolt at the very end of the movie.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

What the gently caress. This is stupider than anything.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

quidditch it and quit it posted:

What the gently caress. This is stupider than anything.

It's literally the only interesting thing I've heard or seen from Solo that wasn't "Space Donald Glover"

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Cross-Section posted:

they're finally doing it, huh

This is one of those "Lunatic's running the Asylum" things isn't it. Just like how they're misunderstanding balance in the Force. It's like what happened with Star Trek or all the Hollywood reboots where the people making it now don't understand the thing they're making and the actual creator(s) is gone. Droid rights was never a thing in Star Wars. Robot's don't work that way in this universe.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

galagazombie posted:

This is one of those "Lunatic's running the Asylum" things isn't it. Just like how they're misunderstanding balance in the Force. It's like what happened with Star Trek or all the Hollywood reboots where the people making it now don't understand the thing they're making and the actual creator(s) is gone. Droid rights was never a thing in Star Wars. Robot's don't work that way in this universe.

I mean there's always been an undercurrent of droids being sentient and being treated in a really hosed up manner.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

It's there as kind of a jokey subtext, but yeah it's not what the movies are "about". Artoo and Threepio are based on the peasants from The Hidden Fortress because Lucas thought it would be fun to tell the story from the perspective of the lowest characters, Threepio is elevated to the level of a god by the Ewoks as a gag, and Obi-Wan quips about droids killing everyone if they could ever think for themselves. The joke is paid off later in the move when hundreds of droids (including C-3PO) start blowing away Jedi en masse.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
What about that time all the droids were like, scared and crying before being tortured by jawas? Are they just simulating emotion for... reasons?

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Robot Style posted:

It's there as kind of a jokey subtext, but yeah it's not what the movies are "about". Artoo and Threepio are based on the peasants from The Hidden Fortress because Lucas thought it would be fun to tell the story from the perspective of the lowest characters, Threepio is elevated to the level of a god by the Ewoks as a gag, and Obi-Wan quips about droids killing everyone if they could ever think for themselves. The joke is paid off later in the move when hundreds of droids (including C-3PO) start blowing away Jedi en masse.

C3P0 is a functional immortal who speaks millions of languages and forged a critical alliance with the Ewoks. That he's treated as an annoying toaster by most of the "good guys" should be very telling as to why the New Republic fell.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Wake me up when a droid uses the force in a star wars movie

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

JBP posted:

What about that time all the droids were like, scared and crying before being tortured by jawas? Are they just simulating emotion for... reasons?

Also it suggests they can feel pain. The droids being tortured by burning the bottom of their feet for example. Which goes straight into the jizz classic Lapti Nek!

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Dr.Radical posted:

Also it suggests they can feel pain. The droids being tortured by burning the bottom of their feet for example. Which goes straight into the jizz classic Lapti Nek!

Lapti Nek is not jizz, they sound nothing alike, jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Penpal posted:

Wake me up when a droid uses the force in a star wars movie

[gestures towards r2-d2]

• Locked thread