Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

RareAcumen posted:

Same, aside from that one guy who got car bombed.

And speaking of Yakuza, I'm playing 0 and can someone explain how the Economic Influence works? I have no idea who to be using at all, because some people have negative numbers and rarely anyone has positive numbers. I'm still only just starting out and I'm not sure how to make money here. Or if I should even bother and just use the weird catgirl cage match thing later on.

Doing side quests and taking over districts will get you managers that aren’t garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah the Ann-Majima one doesn't work for me. Haru is clearly the Majima of the group

Haru is rad. gently caress, I wish P5 allowed screenshots, if any game out there deserved them it's that one.

Samurai Sanders posted:

The P5 dancing game will have Yakuza crossover costumes and Ann is Majima and I don't even know anymore:

:laffo:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Guw posted:

I can’t believe Nier:A actually deletes all your save data. I thought it was a bluff.

What a game

The first one does this too.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I am playing through Nier: Automata and feel weird about killing some of these robots.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

the truth posted:

I am playing through Nier: Automata and feel weird about killing some of these robots.

Sounds about right

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

the truth posted:

that means the game is working!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's a cycle. if a manager's currently negative, swap them out for someone else until they're past that point. check in each time before you start collecting money again. also make sure you're investing in your properties every time

you will get literally billions of yen using the real estate minigame and it's where most of kiryu's money comes from

Oh, well I'll stick with it then.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Doing side quests and taking over districts will get you managers that aren’t garbage.

See, I'm at that point but I just finished the Leisure King part and everyone's businesses have jumped up to costing hundreds of millions of yen to purchase so I had to wonder if I should just stop or what.

Someone tell me how Majima's cabaret club works, while I'm talking about side operations.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

(Nier Automata)

I was forced to kill the ones at the orgy in the desert, but I killed very few at the amusement park.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Someone tell me how Majima's cabaret club works, while I'm talking about side operations.

I found this useful, specifically for memorizing what the hand signals meant

http://www.gamersheroes.com/game-guides/yakuza-0-sotenbori-cabaret-club-czar-guide/

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

the truth posted:

I killed very few at the amusement park.

You're Hitler now.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Samurai Sanders posted:

The P5 dancing game will have Yakuza crossover costumes and Ann is Majima and I don't even know anymore:

So did nobody like the cop guy from Y4? I noticed all the other Yakuza 4 characters are represented there. But dude got poo poo on in the ending of the game and hasn't popped up in any sequels and never shows up in stuff like this.

I kinda liked getting Kamurocho with an outsider's perspective and getting the inside perspective on Little Asia for once. It just feels like the writers hated the character and so apparently did the fan base.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

DrNutt posted:

So did nobody like the cop guy from Y4? I noticed all the other Yakuza 4 characters are represented there. But dude got poo poo on in the ending of the game and hasn't popped up in any sequels and never shows up in stuff like this.

I kinda liked getting Kamurocho with an outsider's perspective and getting the inside perspective on Little Asia for once. It just feels like the writers hated the character and so apparently did the fan base.

His voice actor/model got busted for possession of cocaine IIRC so he's been unpersoned.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Policenaut posted:

His voice actor/model got busted for possession of cocaine IIRC so he's been unpersoned.

Oh. Well that sucks. A little cocaine never hurt anybody.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Except in Japan. Even musicians getting busted for weed means they never get to put out another album.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

DrNutt posted:

he’s a cop

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Did Sony make the Blu-ray controls on PS4 as counterintuitive as possible so I'd go buy a remote. God drat it's so bad

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

homeless snail posted:

Except in Japan. Even musicians getting busted for weed means they never get to put out another album.

That's fuckin' nuts.

Not after his ending dumps on him.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Did Sony make the Blu-ray controls on PS4 as counterintuitive as possible so I'd go buy a remote. God drat it's so bad

Ps division is so ascendant they dont even ask the consumer electronics division for any input most likely

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

I haven't played any of the older, pre-0 ones, is this Date?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Ps division is so ascendant they dont even ask the consumer electronics division for any input most likely

Circle for Play/Pause?!!! It's sickening

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Circle for Play/Pause?!!! It's sickening

The correct Japanese way.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

*looks at touchpad*

*video skips forward an indeterminate amount of time*

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Dad of War is back in stock for preorder on Amazon.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

I still use my PS3 for watching DVDs/Blu-Rays. The PS4 controls really are back-asswards.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

BisterdDave posted:

I still use my PS3 for watching DVDs/Blu-Rays. The PS4 controls really are back-asswards.

Add to that setting the controller down and accidentally activating one of the shoulder buttons. I've accidentally murdered the doll in bloodborne several times with those things.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

DrNutt posted:

That's fuckin' nuts.
Can confirm. When I talk about pot with people here they always have the opinions I had about it (or rather was given about it by school etc) when I was about twelve.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yeah the Ann-Majima one doesn't work for me. Haru is clearly the Majima of the group

When Haru decides to do something she's gonna do it all the way.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Policenaut posted:

The correct Japanese way.

I live in Japan with a Japanese PS4 and play English language games and I am constantly tripped up by having to alternate O / X for Cancel / Accept.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I would use my Harmony remote for PS4 BR playback except a) it's not allowed to issue the power on command and b) I can count on one hand the number of times I've used it for BR playback since I got it.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I could cope with bad controls if they were at least the same controls for watching a bluray and a dvd. The fact I have to think about what type of disc I have in to know how to pause the loving thing is properly mental.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

If you TV supports hdmi controls(name varies by brand) your tv remote should control blurry and DVD just fine.

Does you ps4 turn on the tv automatically? Then it should work. My tv will turn on the ps4 of I go to that input. You can browse the dash board and get to the soak menus with remote.

If you can't Then the hard part is putting the controller down without hitting FF.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Samuringa posted:

You're Hitler now.

That’s what I was afraid of, and it’s why I stopped.

I worry the game will pull some trick, like the machines are actually humans, but I am programmed to see them as machines. That seems too obvious, though.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

the point is to fumble with the controls while eating all your food in 30 seconds. then, you can just restart your movie and watch it in peace

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Trojan Kaiju posted:

I haven't played any of the older, pre-0 ones, is this Date?

No, Tanimura.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't think it would have been physically possible for Sony to have done a worse job with using the PS4 controller for video playback. It's comically lovely. The buttons changing depending on the platform. The shoulder buttons being used for fast forward is one of the dumbest design decisions I've ever seen on a modern device. I rarely make it through a movie without accidentally triggering it somehow.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I don't think it would have been physically possible for Sony to have done a worse job with using the PS4 controller for video playback. It's comically lovely. The buttons changing depending on the platform. The shoulder buttons being used for fast forward is one of the dumbest design decisions I've ever seen on a modern device. I rarely make it through a movie without accidentally triggering it somehow.

Why would you leave the controller on during a movie? :confused:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DrNutt posted:

That's fuckin' nuts.

Well it's better than a lot of mainland Asia where you'd end up with a a very long stay in prison or a brief painful one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Spiders are cool, there's a freaking huge one that lives under my couch and occasionally freaks me out by running across the floor at 2 am

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

what the gently caress

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I live in Japan with a Japanese PS4 and play English language games and I am constantly tripped up by having to alternate O / X for Cancel / Accept.

I’m playing the English version of Gundam Breaker 3 but they left the Japanese control scheme in. So many accidental enter/leave menus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kilometers Davis posted:

what the gently caress

Wrong thread