Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Their LSTB mission is at the second tier. You can sleepwalk through it. And you are wildly overstating the value of their ships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

CaptainPsyko posted:

Bad news buddy, Phoenix are one of the overall most valuable and important squads in the game.

They’re great at and required for LSTB, solid in TW, amazing in the Sith raid (well, mostly Sabine), have two of the best ships in the game (yeah, ghost/phantom don’t really fit the Thrawn/target lock meta, but TW means you’re running 2-4 fleets and LSTB theyre great, and we’re getting a ship PVE table soon where they maybwell shine...)

Basically, Phoenix are really drat good at everything you do in this game that isn’t arena, and blowing them off seems kind of silly to me at this point.

I've been too busy tax seasoning to really focus on sith stuff. Has anyone posted a good guide on what teams are good for what phase?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Defiance Industries posted:

Their LSTB mission is at the second tier. You can sleepwalk through it. And you are wildly overstating the value of their ships.

I wish he was wrong, but everything cap said is correct. Their LS tb mission is 2nd AND 5th. Their new zetas make them surprisingly sick for lots of stuff.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I guess I'd put zetas on them before Clone Wars Chewie or Stormtrooper but...

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

I guess I'd put zetas on them before Clone Wars Chewie or Stormtrooper but...

Sorry bud, they are in the tier w troopers and first order for usefulness. I loving HATE phoenix, but they are really useful.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

And T5.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

I've been too busy tax seasoning to really focus on sith stuff. Has anyone posted a good guide on what teams are good for what phase?

P1 = zzJTR, zzBB8, R2, RT, Scav
P2 = GK, Wampa, Sabine, Thrawn, Zariss/hyoda
P3 = "chexmix" CLS, Chirrut, zHan, DT, Pao/Anakin
P4 = zzAv, Acolyte, zDaka, Talia, Initiate/zMT/Zombie

Other stand-outs:

Veers troopers w/Starck in P2 and Sion P4
CLS Rebels in P2 and Sion P4
Any %health attacks like EP's leech, Baze AoE, and Rex special.

These are some handy team guides from the internet:

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 15, 2018

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

Tl;dr version:

P1 is JTR or GTFO; a guild needs ~20-30 to get through the phase. More is better because you can use them in P2 and P4, where a bit of kitchen sink throwing is required.
The go to JTR Squad is Rey BB8 RT, Scav, +1; R2 is the full offense version, Holdo, Zarriss, Hermit are the less RNG, lower ceiling, higher floor version, Visas, once she’s farmable, is the best of both worlds.

P2... I’ll Swing back around to in a moment

P3 can be done by ~20-25 of the terribly named team of CLS, Han, Chirrut, Deathtrooper and Pao. Only Han’s zeta is required, but the whole team wants as much gear as possible because every point of offense on every single one of them goes to Han. That said, G8 Pao is better than whatever alternative that isn’t Pao you’re thinking of, unless that alternative is a G12 JK Anakin and an extra 20 restarts of the fight to get the run to work. So yes, get Pao to g8 drat it.

P4, you can get DN down with anywhere from 3 to 15 or so Nightsister teams. Talzin/Zombie increase Damage, but again, not required. You can do this with the OG 5; the only mandatory zeta is Assaj Lead. Her unique and Talzin’s unique are big Damage boosts. Daka’s zeta can help survivability, but gear does it just as well and is less scarce than Zetas.

P2... there’s a hundred ways to Skin this cat. The big takeaways though is that even the absolute best squads are doing 3-4% if that. The main common thread of nearly every truly great team is Sabine. Armor shred does WORK. Some better comps:

Ewoks: zChirpa, Scout, Paploo, Elder, Wicket Or Fulcrum (I think? I don’t know ewoks we’ll)
Phoenix: Hera Ezra Kanan Sabine Zeb; Sabine and Kanan Zetas are the most important.
Troopers: Thrawn L, Veers, Starck, Shore, DT; you can sub Snow in for DT and cut the damage in half for a still very useful team. Dropping Thrawn and adding Storm will cut the damage in half again, but removes your overlap with other squads.
Sith: EzPz, Vader, Sion, DN, +1 can do a solid 1-1.5%. I would wager adding marauder can increase this substantially, actually.

Sabine: Sabine is the key to a fifty variants that can get from 3-5%. What they all have in common is her, some way to suppress counters (Thrawn or R2, Thrawn is better, or DPS that relies on stealth and assists like an Ackbar lead and or Leia), and some combination of tanks and healing to stay alive (GK, Zarriss or Hyoda, Thrawn, etc etc.)

A few examples:
CLS Lead, Hermit Yoda, Ezra, Sabine, Scarif Rebel Pathfinder
GK Lead, Zarriss or Yoda, Sabine, Wampa, Thrawn or R2
GK Lead, Zarriss or Hyoda, Sabine, Leia, Thrawn or R2
Boba Lead, GK, Sabine, Wampa, Thrawn
Boba Lead, GK, Sabine, Leia, Thrawn
Ackbar Lead, GK, Sabine, Leia, Thrawn

... you get the idea.

P2 is the heaviest lift for a guild as a whole because then ler team ceiling is so high. Everyone’s gotta throw something at it and nothing looks great when you see the numbers but it adds up.

P4 after DN dies is a lot like P2 in that respect, but instead of having 50m health to burn through, you have maybe 15-20m, as Sion will be heavily damaged when DN dies anyway. Just Zerg it Down with everything you have left and win.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

fishtobaskets posted:

Sorry bud, they are in the tier w troopers and first order for usefulness. I loving HATE phoenix, but they are really useful.

I got 7* Thrawn with no zetas, and walk through their TW missions with poo poo mods, so why would I put more than that on them when I could put it on Sheevy P or something?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I got 7* Thrawn with no zetas, and walk through their TW missions with poo poo mods, so why would I put more than that on them when I could put it on Sheevy P or something?

I don't recommend you zeta them unless you're super dedicated to using them for Arena. You're just moving goal shitposts.

But Ezra and Chopper are very good toons with good uses for TW comps even outside of the standard phoenix drop.

Sabine is one of the STR superstars and everyone should be working on her and Deathtrooper.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

I don't recommend you zeta them unless you're super dedicated to using them for Arena. You're just moving goal shitposts.

But Ezra and Chopper are very good toons with good uses for TW comps even outside of the standard phoenix drop.

Sabine is one of the STR superstars and everyone should be working on her and Deathtrooper.

Chopper is invaluable in or against droid squads. I see Ezra in some Jedi squads, and occasionally Kanan when they’re going without OB. I never see Zeb or Hera outside of Phoenix though, as there are much better Expose, Stun, and Stasis dudes out there.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Chilichimp posted:

What's more important, working on DT or grinding the rest of VetHan/Chew to get JTR? I'm in SM so I suspect STR heroic may be soonish and it's easily my weakest contribution. I'm already burning 250 crystals/day on one cantina refresh and 3 energy refreshes so I can finish my hellscape grind of Baze/Shore/DN/Talzin/Zombie, but could shift a couple of those to more cantina if it matters.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Zachack posted:

What's more important, working on DT or grinding the rest of VetHan/Chew to get JTR? I'm in SM so I suspect STR heroic may be soonish and it's easily my weakest contribution. I'm already burning 250 crystals/day on one cantina refresh and 3 energy refreshes so I can finish my hellscape grind of Baze/Shore/DN/Talzin/Zombie, but could shift a couple of those to more cantina if it matters.

Definitely get your JTR in order, since you can only get her when her event pops up. Do DT in your spare time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I tired out what was suggested, still got wrecked by the Death Troopers. They always go before I do. I think I need to either just forget about getting thrawn higher than 4* or just devout all my literal energy into improving Phoenix.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

No such thing as 4* Thrawn. 5* or GTFO.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I tired out what was suggested, still got wrecked by the Death Troopers. They always go before I do. I think I need to either just forget about getting thrawn higher than 4* or just devout all my literal energy into improving Phoenix.

Work on sabine to G11 and do like G9 kanaan. With decent speed mods that should be enough if everyone else is at least G8. Make sure you're omegaing their passives and any other high value omegas you can upgrade on them can help.

I didn't 3* the mythic over the weekend, but I wasn't struggling to win. Other than G11 sabine and G10 chopper, everyone was G8, no zetas, and like half omegas upgraded. Not using arena mods either, just like 5 speed secondaries and arrows.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I'm starting to burn out pretty hard, going to hiatus for a while (eddo @ QGJ). Thanks everyone for the donation help and team adventures and poo poo, it's been pretty fun all this time and I'll see about rejoining y'all if/when I get in the mood for the game again. :toot:

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
CG rolling the Sith Raid rewards back to their original payouts, all level 85 players will get 2 full G12 pieces tomorrow after the content update as a makegood.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I put that second zeta on my Palp, and at gear 11 he's already ranked higher than all of my gear 12 toons. I'm thinking of reforming my arena team around him. What's the current thought on best zzPalp lead team? I have a G12 Zader, G12 zThrawn, and after that only a G10 Tarkin, G11 TFP, G10 Maul, um...4 star Darth Sion. 5 star DN that I'm actively farming.

Basically, where should I be focusing? I see some highly ranked Palp lead teams with only a 4 star (but G12) Sion, I see one with a Sith Assassin, etc., so I'm just looking for direction.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
zzPalp, a fast DV, Thrawn, DN and Sion is fine. Not sure what your arena situation is, but that's a top meta team right there.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I was thinking about buying some crystals to help my quest to suck less (really just to speed up farming Nightsisters).

What's the efficient way to spend crystals? Just save them so I can max out my energy refreshes every day without worry? Should I divert some to buying character shards in shipments? Should I do more than the 50 crystal refreshes on the LS/DS nodes or maybe divert some to refreshing Talzin's hard mode node?

My Talzin and Acolyte are only at 3 stars.

My understanding is that buying gear in shipments is always less efficient than using crystals to farm gear?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
What are Nightsisters used for? I've put off farming them, but I get the creeping feeling they're going to turn into another Phoenix Squadron where you'll need them for every new event until the end of time.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Popete posted:

What are Nightsisters used for? I've put off farming them, but I get the creeping feeling they're going to turn into another Phoenix Squadron where you'll need them for every new event until the end of time.

They are a pro pvp team because they scale up really really well, so they're great at TW defense and offense.

They are necessary for most guilds to finish P4 of the Heroic Sith raid. The reason I need them is to help with the SM Sith raid.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Popete posted:

They’re a top tier TW offense team or three depending on how you split them, and basically mandatory for p4 of the Sith raid on heroic.

They also crush DSTB like nobodies business, which is nice, and as a team, they might be the easiest thing to gear in the game. They are shockingly hilariously easy to get to gear 11 or 12.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
My Phoenix team is "meh" at best w/ g8-g9 and trash mods. I like the Phoenix crew in the cartoon, but in game they're painfully annoying so I've put off improving them any more until I have my G12 zeta'd Imperial Trooper squad.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

I was thinking about buying some crystals to help my quest to suck less (really just to speed up farming Nightsisters).

What's the efficient way to spend crystals? Just save them so I can max out my energy refreshes every day without worry? Should I divert some to buying character shards in shipments? Should I do more than the 50 crystal refreshes on the LS/DS nodes or maybe divert some to refreshing Talzin's hard mode node?

My Talzin and Acolyte are only at 3 stars.

My understanding is that buying gear in shipments is always less efficient than using crystals to farm gear?

What like 20 bucks? Just use them on refreshes 3x cantina and regular energy until you run out. And 1 fleet/arena refresh every day.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

My Phoenix team is "meh" at best w/ g8-g9 and trash mods. I like the Phoenix crew in the cartoon, but in game they're painfully annoying so I've put off improving them any more until I have my G12 zeta'd Imperial Trooper squad.

gear sabine for sith raid.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

gear sabine for sith raid.

Chopper for GW and Thrawn event. Sabine for when you need to gently caress someone up.

Chilichimp posted:

What like 20 bucks? Just use them on refreshes 3x cantina and regular energy until you run out. And 1 fleet/arena refresh every day.

Yeah, just like the $20 pack per month.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

Chopper for GW and Thrawn event. Sabine for when you need to gently caress someone up.

Yeah, just like the $20 pack per month.

I drop like 20 bucks on this game every quarter, but I place high in arena so I've got enough crystal for refreshes. Usually it goes to gear.

But if you can't do 3x3x1x1x (450 total) every day just do that for a while to speed up your farms and get better placement in arena.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

I drop like 20 bucks on this game every quarter, but I place high in arena so I've got enough crystal for refreshes. Usually it goes to gear.

But if you can't do 3x3x1x1x (450 total) every day just do that for a while to speed up your farms and get better placement in arena.

I guess that's the ultimate goal. I'm not far off from having the same team several top 10 players in my arena shard use.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
What specifically is "The Nightsister team" ?

Talzin L, Assaj, Zombie, Daka and Acolyte?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

For what. Depending on where you’re using them, there’s a few different variations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Something like this

P4 Sith Raid/DSTB:
zzAV, zDaka, Acolyte, Talia, zMT/Initiate

Arena/TW Defense:
zzAV/zzMT, zAV/zMT, zDaka, Zombie, GK/Zariss

TW offense: (your opponent forgot to bring AoE, lol)
Nute Gunray, Acolyte, Zombie, Leia, Geo Spy ***gear only matters on the Acolyte, everything else is gonna die****

TW offense:
zzMT/zzAV, zMT/zAV, zDaka, Acolyte/Talia, Zombie/Intiate ***depends if you use the gunray team for someone else or not***

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 19, 2018

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

What are the limitations to that Nute team in a squad arena setting?

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

tadashi posted:

It is easily undone by anyone who can go faster than her to apply buff immunity or shock or stun, or anyone who can mass dispel (like Sion or Baze or Asajj)

In TW, since you can easily see the speed and party makeup of whomever you're attacking, you can plan accordingly to get around this.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Something like this

P4 Sith Raid/DSTB:
zzAV, zDaka, Acolyte, Talia, zMT/Initiate

Arena/TW Defense:
zzAV/zzMT, zAV/zMT, zDaka, Zombie, GK/Zariss

TW offense: (your opponent forgot to bring AoE, lol)
Nute Gunray, Acolyte, Zombie, Leia, Geo Spy ***gear only matters on the Acolyte, everything else is gonna die****

TW offense:
zzMT/zzAV, zMT/zAV, zDaka, Acolyte/Talia, Zombie/Intiate ***depends if you use the gunray team for someone else or not***

Gspy can stay stealthed, and then hit people for 50k. I actually recommend him as a Zavage killer...using an undergeared Poggle, Rolo, and Gspy to kill him. You get a couple basics in on Zavage, use Poggle's offense up, then Rolo's special (10 hits), then hit him for 40-70k with GSpy's special. It's like Boba's execute except that it also dispels all affects on GSpy in addition to those hots on Zavage.
Rolo isn't necessarily required for this comp...you can bring people like Tusken shaman and GamG that stack DoTs (which turn into hots)

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

tadashi posted:

Lol you’ll fall 400 places overnight; also it doesn’t work against teams with actual AoE, so its basically useless against the modern arena meta.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Ship rework currently in beta and detailed in some gamechanger videos:

- Battles now start at 3v3 instead of 5v5, PvP timer shortened to 5 minutes
- Hardware abilities have been scrapped and will instead be 'reinforcement' abilities that trigger when that ship comes into play off the bench
- All ships will be getting reworks to fit the new format
- A full PvE ship battle section will be added to the game that runs off its own energy

No date for this yet but I would have to imagine they want it ready to launch alongside the Solo movie to catch the wave of new players.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I’ll be super curious to see what happens with the reworks. My ship shard is pretty lazy, so I’m consistently in the top 25 while only doing one arena battle a day, which has caused me to want focus on ships, so my ships are pretty legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

They finally released the rework details on the bounty hunters, but they released it in the dumbest format imaginable for finding new info: a podcast. So I'll listen to this over 1:20 podcast to get info, but I will hopefully find a write up somewhere. They get to the first rework, IG-88, about 20 minutes in.

edit: While checking reddit for a write up, my favorite comment, "Next up: Mod Management- the thrilling 3 part Omnibus coming soon to your local bookstore".

edit2: Somewhere on reddit did their own write up.

quote:

IG88 19 mins Basic unchanged AOE 3 turn target lock on crit hit Leader add contract: BH: score crits against de-buffed enemies 10 times. Bonus: 25% offence + Potency. Unique : Recover 50% health when damage a target locked enemy. 20% offence for each rebuffed enemy. +20% evasion for each target locked enemy. Possible zeta: While IG88 is active, target locked enemies can’t recover health or protection. Payout 23.20 mins, for the rest of the battle IG88s critical hits reduce enemies tenacity by 10% stacking. Attacks ignore 50% defence of target locked enemies and +25% offence if there is an enemy with a target lock. Not clear where the zeta acts from.

Boba Basic unchanged Special 1 unchanged Execute, if doesn’t defeat inflict healing immunity for 1 turn. Contract: defeat the first enemy that takes a turn: All BH gain 25% tenacity for the rest of the battle. Payout: Gains 100% TM, +50 speed. Defence penetration trippled.

Greedo 28.30 Basic: 70% chance to gain potency up for 1 turn. When attacking an enemy with a TD, this attack has +25% critical damage. Special 1: Gains 25% TM when each of his TD explode. Special 2 zeta: All allies crit chance up for 2 turns. Reduce target enemies TM (un-resistable except by raid bosses) by an amount equal to Greedo’s critical chance. Greedo gains TM removed. If target foes to <20% TM, Stun them. Dispel all buffs on target enemy. Cannot be evaded. Contract: Damage an emery with less than 50% TM 10 times with a basic: All BHs have +50% critical damage for the rest of the fight. Payout: +50% heath steal, +25% critical damage, +75% counter chance.

Dengar 38 mins: Basic: stays the same. Blast and smash: 75% chance speed down, if they are less than 50% TM stunned. MMM: Additional 2 damages (50% lower) to 2 random enemies. Can gain stealth if enough crits. Inflicts 1 TD per BH on a random enemy. Can’t be countered. New leader: BH have +50% health steal. All enemies have -50% Critical damage. Contract: Damage the healthiest (current health + protection total) enemy 10 times: All enemies have -20% offence (works on raid bosses) Unique (zeta): When he gets hit: Couldn’t hear the audio jumps. Seems like some self preservation. When he is stealthed, enemies can’t gain stealth. Recovers 3% health and protection when one of these ‘whenevers’ is triggered. Payout: +25% offence, +25% speed, when stealth 60% to assist BHs specials.

Bossk (around 53 mins) Scoundrel BH Tank Basic 1: Guaranteed to crit, deals double damage to weakest enemy. Special 1: Stun for 1 turn, all BH assist (-60%) damage. If target is weaker reduced assisting BHs cool downs by 1. Special 2: dispels all debuts on himself, 50% health, gains frenzy + taunt for 3 turns. BHs get offence up for 2 turns. Leader (zeta): All BH +50% Protection and tenacity. BH + 100% defence while at full health. Whenever an enemy resists or suffers a debuff all BH recover 5% health + Protection. Contract: Damage lowest health enemy 10 times: All BHs get +50% speed for the rest of the battle. Unique (zeta): +50 defence + %50 max health and gains 50% health steal while attacking buffed enemies. When he loses taunt, gains taunt for 1 turn if the weakest enemy has protection. Payout: Recovers 5%health + protection when he starts his turn, half that when another BH starts their turn.