Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

These last two weeks have broken him and I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

EvilHawk posted:

These last two weeks have broken him and I love it

see also: conte, mourinho, pardew,

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
someone make a mdt. I want to lol at Chelsea

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

RideTheSpiral posted:

someone make a mdt. I want to lol at Chelsea

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3854326

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

thanks

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

sebzilla posted:

While that would be hilarious, I doubt it. Can see them losing to Spurs but surely they'll pick up five points from the other five matches even if they entirely poo poo the bed.

Swansea (H)
West Ham (A)
Huddersfield (H)
Brighton (H)
Southampton (A)

No way they lose three of those games... right?

Lose all 5 and they could still drop to third. It's the unlikeliest of meltdowns, but stranger things have happened.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I would argue City bottling it wouldn’t be hilarious at all because it would mean Jose’s United win

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I would argue City bottling it wouldn’t be hilarious at all because it would mean Jose’s United win

not if they bottle it too and spurs win

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Why is the guardian podcast so amusing but the guardian mbm reports are so dry and boring?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

not if they bottle it too and spurs win

Ok yeah I’d laugh then

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

RideTheSpiral posted:

Why is the guardian podcast so amusing but the guardian mbm reports are so dry and boring?
i don't know what you're saying, their mbm report is one of the best ones around

Buggerlugs
Aug 27, 2003

"All right, Bellamy came on at Liverpool and did well, but everybody
thinks that he's the saviour, he's Jesus Christ. He's not Jesus Christ"
That's Wolves promoted, the Prem is looking better next year already.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Buggerlugs posted:

Wolves are scum gently caress Wolves

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I thought we might manage to have a season without any teams from the midlands, shame.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Lucky goal

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Another quality goal from Harry Kane

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Vegetable posted:

i don't know what you're saying, their mbm report is one of the best ones around

Incorrect. Their mbm is insanely boring. The telegraph has a great mbm which pains me

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Buggerlugs posted:

Hearing this prompted me to look at the Championship table for the first time in months and lol Sunderland

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Hearing this prompted me to look at the Championship table for the first time in months and lol Sunderland

I've not looked at the tables below the Premier League for months. Southampton getting relegated and Portsmouth getting promoted is p tasty for me. Shame Eastleigh are still being poo poo.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

Wolves are scum gently caress Wolves

Maybe Moonshine will come back to hang out with his posting pals on these dead gay comedy forums.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Tsaedje posted:

I thought we might manage to have a season without any teams from the midlands, shame.

I think Leicester would have to get docked points to be relegated.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Man City thanks Jose for his services

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
This hasn't aged well

https://twitter.com/D_DeGea/status/982707961570185217

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I like the contrast of the thread title with these recent "hahaha United gave City the title" posts

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Ninpo posted:

City fans are constantly desperate to make SOMETHING out of their rivalry with United. It's pathetic. We care about what Liverpool are doing and then City are an annoyance. Lately with billions of oil dollars, that annoyance has got bigger, sure, but it's still the pathetic neighbour wanting to be involved in the house party that the reluctant flat mates United and Liverpool are running, as far as rivalry goes.

Ninpo posted:

Pre kick off there was a 16 point gap with 21 left to play for. A City win would have left 18 to play for and a 19 point gap between United and City.

There's now a 13 point gap and 18 left to play for. If City beat Spurs and United beat West Brom, City's next opportunity to wrap the title up will be against Swansea at the Etihad on the 22nd, meaning without a United slip up, City can only equal United's title win in 2013 (won 22nd April, 2013, also achieved in 34 games played).

e: Obviously it won't happen, but I'm imagining the meltdown at a City collapse of epic proportions being triggered by Liverpool and handing United the title and doing some lols

im not owned, screamed ninpo, as his legs flailed in ever gayer circles fred flintstone style as he raced from old trafford to the computer room to let people know that his self appointed ambassadorial duties defending the honour of his brave red boys plus the time spent posting how little he cares about man city while imagining ever more outlandish scenarios in which they might lose the title were all part of his incredible lack of concern. you cannot save face or be even remotely not gay.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lol

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
It seems to me that Arsenal should probably play Özil and Ramsey in games that they want to win

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Butterfly Valley posted:

im not owned, screamed ninpo, as his legs flailed in ever gayer circles fred flintstone style as he raced from old trafford to the computer room to let people know that his self appointed ambassadorial duties defending the honour of his brave red boys plus the time spent posting how little he cares about man city while imagining ever more outlandish scenarios in which they might lose the title were all part of his incredible lack of concern. you cannot save face or be even remotely not gay.

I was actually thinking of ninpo’s rivalry post as City won the title.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Butterfly Valley posted:

How long did you spend thinking about ninpo when the team you support won the league?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i'm 90% sure mourinho deliberately threw that game simply to deny city a party, but gently caress it, campeones

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Welp, congrats City goons

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Ninpo posted:

Welp, congrats City goons

Nice meltdown

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Neither will that hair

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

i'm 90% sure mourinho deliberately threw that game simply to deny city a party, but gently caress it, campeones

It's a bit weird winning it like this, I wasn't watching the United match because gently caress watching mourinho's boring football, so I found out when I was getting text messages.

Should have done it last week but as you say, gently caress it, campeones.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Butterfly Valley posted:

Excuses, piled high!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Winning the title without playing a game to do it can be a good time, that Chelsea/spurs 2-2 bloodbath was the most fun I've ever had watching football.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Bobby Digital posted:

Neither will that hair

I like that Keylor Navas is doing basically the same thing.

Karius too, for that matter.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
karius at least looks kind of like a viking or something

...it helps that he hasn't done anything stupid in a couple of weeks

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

bewbies posted:

karius at least looks kind of like a viking or something

...it helps that he hasn't done anything stupid in a couple of weeks

Speaking of Liverpool now have the 2nd most clean sheets in the league. As it turns out having a fantastic CB and playing your better keeper is a good idea, who knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

Speaking of Liverpool now have the 2nd most clean sheets in the league. As it turns out having a fantastic CB and playing your better keeper is a good idea, who knew.

How the gently caress? That kinda snuck in outta nowhere.

• Locked thread