Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Narcissus1916 posted:

Green Arrow doesn't have a great rogue's gallery to begin with.

Okay, so Diaz fits right in then! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Green Arrow doesn't have a great rogue's gallery to begin with.

Green Arrow's rogue's gallery:

• Merlyn
  • Cupid

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

• Merlyn
  • Cupid
  • Deathstroke
  • Amanda Waller
  • Deadshot
  • Boomerang
  • Bronze Tiger
  • Harley Qui--lol no

Clearly Arrow's greatest foe remains WB Corporate.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder if they had those old costumes still sitting around or if they actually had to recreate them.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

nine-gear crow posted:

• Merlyn
  • Cupid
  • Deathstroke
  • Amanda Waller
  • Deadshot
  • Boomerang
  • Bronze Tiger
  • Harley Qui--lol no

Clearly Arrow's greatest foe remains WB Corporate.

Who do you gloat over when all your enemies are dead?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Now I want a reveal that everyone else has also been regularly dosed with Vertigo, which is why everyone is being such dicks to each other.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Chokes McGee posted:

• Merlyn
  • Cupid

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The show would probably have a better direction if it was Ollie going with Nyssa to hunt down the Lazarus pits instead of just Thea and Roy. The Mayor Queen plot line is good, but it's sorta squandered by this development. They'd've been better served with a reelection campaign sort of plot or do something to have Ollie step down that isn't this.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I wish they had kept Nyssa around to continually dunk on Felicity about being married to Ollie first.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Playing through FC5 with a bow and there could be a pretty cool FPS Arrow game where you run around shooting fools with a bow and arrow.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this! posted:

Playing through FC5 with a bow and there could be a pretty cool FPS Arrow game where you run around shooting fools with a bow and arrow.

If a game has a bow it in, i make it a point to go full Robin of Lockersley as much as possible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I wonder if they had those old costumes still sitting around or if they actually had to recreate them.

They hang on to everything that could be considered iconic. There were at least three hero suits in season one as one of them was on tour for a while and another was on display at the WB Studios.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Glad to know I wasn’t the only one getting strong Arrow vibes while playing that. Zip lining around, throwing knives as well as using explosive arrows was pretty awesome. The animations for taking guys out with regular arrows felt drat near ripped from the show too in terms of their style.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I am down for Clock King as the s7 villain.

KTS
Jun 22, 2004

I wax my rocket every day!
No love for "Elected officials cannot fire the very law enforcement personnel investigating them. To do so is the very definition of obstruction of justice"?
Arrowverse writers have been great throwing this sort of stuff around and I laugh every time

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Honestly, the Arrow crew might be better served by reusing villain names from those that were killed off. They already did it with Count Vertigo and it turned out okay.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Was it just me, or did anyone else think its odd that Arrow is still using Vertigo as its main designer drug? That stuff has been around since S1, hasn't it?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I wonder how they'd handle recasting it (because I can't imagine they'll want to have Knepper back).

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Wheat Loaf posted:

I wonder how they'd handle recasting it (because I can't imagine they'll want to have Knepper back).

iZombie didn’t have a problem with it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wheat Loaf posted:

He's currently on iZombie but CW execs have said they're probably just going to let his contract run out and not bring him back.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Phylodox posted:

iZombie didn’t have a problem with it.

What happened there was that they claimed they did their own investigation and couldn't find any evidence that he acted inappropriately on the set of any CW show so they weren't going to fire him but he won't get work there in the future.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Just caught up with the latest episode. What hamfisted bullshit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If this whole season is just to lead us back to the Hood I'm gonna bail on next season.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rhyno posted:

If this whole season is just to lead us back to the Hood I'm gonna bail on next season.

Not empty quoting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You've said that the last 3 seasons. You're not going anywhere, coward.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

You've said that the last 3 seasons. You're not going anywhere, coward.

Each condition of my quitting was never met. That eye makeup is just stupid!

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Next season will just be Ollie, Roy, and William as the new Speedy.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Next season is gonna be like the Daredevil comics where he's more or less been outed and everyone is convinced of his identity but he still pretends like he's not.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bentacos posted:

Next season will just be Ollie, Roy, and William as the new Speedy.

Send Rene to Flash. Send Curtis and Laurel to Legends. Send Diggle to Black Lightning. Send Dinah to Supergirl. And send Willa Holland a gift basket for successfully escaping the Arrowverse completely :v:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Argue posted:

Next season is gonna be like the Daredevil comics where he's more or less been outed and everyone is convinced of his identity but he still pretends like he's not.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I honestly think they also could've gone with Mayor Green Arrow in earnest rather than this Ricardo Diaz stuff since last season was already about confronting some of the sins of his past, going public as GA would dredge up more and potentially confront it in a more interesting way.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

I honestly think they also could've gone with Mayor Green Arrow in earnest rather than this Ricardo Diaz stuff since last season was already about confronting some of the sins of his past, going public as GA would dredge up more and potentially confront it in a more interesting way.

It would have been interesting to see them do a take on the Batman Inc./Iron Man type situation. Ollie gives a press conference and is like "gently caress yeah I'm the Green Arrow, oh by the way, I'm turning it into a full legal PMC. Come at me, literally everyone." And then explore the fallout from that.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

This is like in the new Tomb Raider games Lara is Kate Bishop when she's got the bow.

I love how this episode had them saying "oh this Diaz is nothing, just a low level drug dealer" then at the end he's brazenly sitting in SCGPs captains office. It's going to be amusing to see how the city officals will still not be convinced he's a threat when he's running the town.

This show is dumb, and I'm where I was just before I dropped off Walking Dead. Maybe it will turn around in the next episode, but I can barely care. Oh well, I had this during the Hive arc too, but it did turn itself around, but Diaz is no Damien Darkh.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

It would have been interesting to see them do a take on the Batman Inc./Iron Man type situation. Ollie gives a press conference and is like "gently caress yeah I'm the Green Arrow, oh by the way, I'm turning it into a full legal PMC. Come at me, literally everyone." And then explore the fallout from that.

I think the problem with that is that when Tony Stark goes "gently caress yeah I'm Iron Man" he wouldn't also be confessing to committing about 100 murders. He stopped some terrorists and punched a guy in a robot suit while Oliver was executing people in their swimming pools and snapping necks.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

bentacos posted:

I wish they had kept Nyssa around to continually dunk on Felicity about being married to Ollie first.

The "sister wife" quip was easily the best line of the entire season.

Edit: Diaz. Diaz-who? It was neat to have a secret villain embedded in Cayden's crew, but Diaz didn't earn the role. He was a nobody with no foreshadowing, no real backstory, just "I have millions and millions of dollars and a network of informants and spies who can suss out how to blackmail literally every single person in Star City -- and I hate Oliver Queen for 'reasons'."

I was hoping they'd embrace Oliver being mayor and have him hang up the hood, give it to Diggle. Take the show in an actual interesting direction. But, nope. This crap. Again. I hate this dumb show but keep watching it. If only to see how stupidly and inconsistently they can write everyone.
I was furious over how they've been writing Dinah. She had no reason to care that deeply for Vince. She had no reason to "fall" for him again. She had no reason to be driven to homicidal rage when he was murdered. They had a six month relationship while undercover.

How can Legends of Tomorrow be so good while Flash and Arrow are so horrible?

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 16, 2018

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I think the problem with that is that when Tony Stark goes "gently caress yeah I'm Iron Man" he wouldn't also be confessing to committing about 100 murders. He stopped some terrorists and punched a guy in a robot suit while Oliver was executing people in their swimming pools and snapping necks.

But see, the Hood was a different guy who's currently on the run from the law. Green Arrow is a similar but distinct bow using vigilante. The similarities are merely superficial as Star City has a history of bow users popping up in the city.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aleph Null posted:

I was furious over how they've been writing Dinah. She had no reason to care that deeply for Vince. She had no reason to "fall" for him again. She had no reason to be driven to homicidal rage when he was murdered. They had a six month relationship while undercover.
Whether or not you personally feel someone can fall in love in 6 months or how strong one's feelings can be for having that person murdered in front of you, its been Dinah's characterization since the beginning. When we met her she was in a murderous rage seeking revenge for Vince after seeing him murdered in front of her. She never gave any indication that she had moved past him or gotten over him. So it makes perfect sense for her character to fall back in love when she finds out he's alive and to once again go into a murderous rage after once again having her murdered in front of him. All the other drama being icing on the cake.

Now whether it was a good story or whether Vince was a well established enough character to make US feel the same way Dinah did or sympathize with her anger is another matter entirely. I'd lean towards agreeing that it missed the shot there.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

STAC Goat posted:

Whether or not you personally feel someone can fall in love in 6 months or how strong one's feelings can be for having that person murdered in front of you, its been Dinah's characterization since the beginning. When we met her she was in a murderous rage seeking revenge for Vince after seeing him murdered in front of her. She never gave any indication that she had moved past him or gotten over him. So it makes perfect sense for her character to fall back in love when she finds out he's alive and to once again go into a murderous rage after once again having her murdered in front of him. All the other drama being icing on the cake.

Now whether it was a good story or whether Vince was a well established enough character to make US feel the same way Dinah did or sympathize with her anger is another matter entirely. I'd lean towards agreeing that it missed the shot there.

It's just... they didn't really make her seem like the "homicidal rage" type until this happened. She seemed like a level-headed, intelligent, cop. I'm not even sure why she turned to vigilantism other than "I have a super power". I honestly don't remember. But, I want consistent characterization like "this doesn't change anything

hoss."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aleph Null posted:

It's just... they didn't really make her seem like the "homicidal rage" type until this happened. She seemed like a level-headed, intelligent, cop. I'm not even sure why she turned to vigilantism other than "I have a super power". I honestly don't remember. But, I want consistent characterization like "this doesn't change anything

hoss."

Maybe not remember her origin is the problem. Because when we met her she was a homicidal vigilante raging out and revenge killing over Vince's murder. Oliver had to talk her down and appeal to her as someone who had been there and found a better way to get her to join the team and pay by his rules. Its entirely consistent for her to become the same person under the same circumstances with the same dead dude, especially as she rebels against Oliver's rules. It hasn't even been that long of a time span.

Again, I'm not really defending the Vince stuff. I don't think he was the character they wanted him to be and I'm not invested in Dinah's pain and emotion. But I buy it because its the same pain and emotion she had when she was introduced and she really hasn't ever done anything to indicate she got past that before reliving that trauma in the most literal way imaginable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

STAC Goat posted:

Maybe not remember her origin is the problem. Because when we met her she was a homicidal vigilante raging out and revenge killing over Vince's murder. Oliver had to talk her down and appeal to her as someone who had been there and found a better way to get her to join the team and pay by his rules. Its entirely consistent for her to become the same person under the same circumstances with the same dead dude, especially as she rebels against Oliver's rules. It hasn't even been that long of a time span.

Again, I'm not really defending the Vince stuff. I don't think he was the character they wanted him to be and I'm not invested in Dinah's pain and emotion. But I buy it because its the same pain and emotion she had when she was introduced and she really hasn't ever done anything to indicate she got past that before reliving that trauma in the most literal way imaginable.

Okay. She is a rage-fueled killing machine by default. The whole "good cop" thing is her cover like when Ollie was a playboy millionaire by day and murderer by night. Got it. That makes more sense.
Her cover is so good, she even fooled me (because my memory is bad).

Edit: I like character growth. I was really hoping she was the good cop. But she isn't, is she?