Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Theophany posted:

Oh totally, I'm not disagreeing with you, just pointing out that with her post history readily available it is demonstrable that she is trying to use guys' appendages to feel better about herself whereas with the guy it's speculation.

Sex feels good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Caganer posted:

Sex feels good

Mods?!?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I [24f] went out and met someone else who I felt a connection with. I've been with my bf[26m] for almost 1.5y. Help me make sense of it!

quote:

I moved to Chicago last July and I didn't know anyone before I moved here. I haven't really gone out and tried to make friends and for some time I was fine not having friends because I was relying on my bf mostly. I'm introverted so I'm also content spending a lot of time by myself.

So my bf moved in with me last month and we were long distance since we started dating. We would see each other every other week. He just went out of town to visit his best friend and I decided to go out to a 'Meetup' for the first time (it's an app where events are posted to meet new people with similar interests). I met a guy (Tyler) at the meetup that was hosted at a dueling piano bar and instantly we had a connection. If he wasn't at the meetup I probably would have left.

We were tipsy and having a good time and he asks if he can kiss me and take me out to dinner. I obviously tell him I have a bf, but I also sorta wanted to do it. Let's just say if I was single I definitely would say yes to both. I'm not going to do anything to mess up my relationship but I wonder if this is normal to feel this way. I've never been in a relationship before and not much experience with dating.

There are a few things that I'm still unsure about with my bf and if we are right for each other in the long run. Those qualities that I'm questioning with my bf, I know that I wouldn't need to worry about with Tyler just from the short time I interacted with him. My bf and I had our ups and downs but we've always been able to communicate well and figure it out. I think that's essential in a relationship.

I don't really want to talk to my friends about it so reddit please help! What do I do???

tl;dr: I have a bf of 1.5y but met a guy who I had instant chemistry with and he asked me out to dinner. I wanted to say yes but told him I have a bf. Are my feelings normal??

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
I[26M] am going on a trip with FWB[24F], but the day I arrive she tells me she's in a relationship and wants to do the trip as "friends". Advice?(self.relationships)

quote:

Me and A dated for a bit a year ago; we stopped dating when she moved away, but we'd occasionally go on trips as hookup buddies.

I live in Boston and A lives in Seattle. I booked a flight to stay with A for 2 days in Seattle, before we go to California together for a few days. Before this trip, A never mentioned anything about someone else in the picture. However, when I arrive in Seattle, she tells me she has a boyfriend now but wants to do the trip as "friends".

Now this doesn't sit too well with me, because she had plenty of opportunities to tell me before the trip instead of waiting until I arrive. Not to mention, huge rear end in a top hat move on her part to be sleeping in the same bed as an ex for a week while seriously dating someone else. Not looking to be caught up in the possible drama that could ensue.

What do you guys think I should do? Right now I'm thinking of returning A's hotel money, doing the California trip by myself, and leave it to her to decide whether to go alone or not go at all. Would that be a dick move?

TL;DR - FWB springs on me last-minute that she's dating someone and wants to do our planned trip as "friends"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tyler sounds pretty rad honestly. Hell the fact he asked if he could kiss her puts him leagues above most guys. I bet her boyfriend when they first kissed just jammed into her face. Her boyfriend is a loser and she should break up and go be with Tyler.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Tyler sounds pretty rad honestly. Hell the fact he asked if he could kiss her puts him leagues above most guys. I bet her boyfriend when they first kissed just jammed into her face. Her boyfriend is a loser and she should break up and go be with Tyler.

Yeah she should probably go on a few dates with Tyler. You can't risk being single, and if her BF yells or gets angry she cheated she can tell all her friends he was abusive and not feel guilty. It's a no lose scenario!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

:eyepop:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
In the comments it turns out that the big quality is that her bad plays video games and Tyler doesn’t. When her bf plays video games she feels ignored.

Here’s the thing though, by her own account she and her bf have spent the the vast majority of their time together since he moved in, her bf has commented “we'll have to find you some friends when I'm playing video games." And by her own admission in the first paragraph she relies on her bf for pretty much all her friendship.

Ultimately we don’t know whether his gaming is excessive or if it’s just his solitary time because she doesn’t break down the time they spend together, but she sounds pretty exhausting tbh.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fruit on the bottom posted:

In the comments it turns out that the big quality is that her bad plays video games and Tyler doesn’t. When her bf plays video games she feels ignored.

Here’s the thing though, by her own account she and her bf have spent the the vast majority of their time together since he moved in, her bf has commented “we'll have to find you some friends when I'm playing video games." And by her own admission in the first paragraph she relies on her bf for pretty much all her friendship.

Ultimately we don’t know whether his gaming is excessive or if it’s just his solitary time because she doesn’t break down the time they spend together, but she sounds pretty exhausting tbh.

Yeah, pretty much every time someone's problem is "my SO has <x hobby> and I don't like it one bit" the relevant question to ask is "how much do they do it"

because maybe he's one of those guys who plays 16 hours of LoL a day, but maybe she's mad because he sometimes responds to her texts with "hold on, playing Overwatch, will call back in 20 minutes"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Caganer posted:

Yeah she should probably go on a few dates with Tyler. You can't risk being single, and if her BF yells or gets angry she cheated she can tell all her friends he was abusive and not feel guilty. It's a no lose scenario!

She gotta break up first. But she can do it by text, strike while the iron still hot

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

She gotta break up first. But she can do it by text, strike while the iron still hot

nah that's not how it's done. you just do everything except sex with the new potential bf and if your current bf expresses any indignation you slam him to your social circle for being controlling, abusive, etc. nobody just breaks up - every ex was evil. didn't you read the latest thought catalog?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

he sometimes responds to her texts with "hold on, playing Overwatch, will call back in 20 minutes"

Thats abuse

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

fruit on the bottom posted:

I [24f] went out and met someone else who I felt a connection with. I've been with my bf[26m] for almost 1.5y. Help me make sense of it!

Altogether now - OPEN UP THE RELATIONSHIP.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ok guys, confession. I'm Tyler

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I've never even heard of a dueling piano bar, so I learned me a thing.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Ok guys, confession. I'm Tyler

I don’t think so, Locutus

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's what Daffy and Donald were at in Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Jeza posted:

I've never even heard of a dueling piano bar, so I learned me a thing.

They are a thing. There's one in my hometown I've been meaning to go to, but just haven't had the chance.

That's what Daffy and Donald were at in Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Nice, I totally forgot about that scene. Need to watch that movie again.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
I [27F] feel like a third-wheel in my own marriage compared to my best friend [25F] with my husband [28M],am I being overly jealous?

quote:

The three of us have been friends ever since I was around 6-years old, yeah we split apart for some years but we met whenever we could. I’ve been in a relationship with my husband for 5 years now and married for one, we’ve had a wonderful relationship throughout. We’re both musicians and love playing together, creating music, covers etc. But it’s mostly romantic or classical music.
My best friend, let’s call her J, recently moved close by after being away for a number of years and of course we were overjoyed when we heard the news; we made a welcoming party, got her to know the neighbors and helped her settle in. J was interested in the recording room at our place and all the instruments we have and started coming over bc she wanted to record some of her own stuff, being friends we allowed her.

After like a week I come home and see them recording stuff together, apparently she kept nagging him to play/sing with her and he eventually gave in. Honestly I was a bit upset (which I know is stupid) because I considered duets our “together” time but I let it slide since they seemed to be having fun. After that she just started coming over more and more to sing with him until I told them to tone it down a notch but by then they already had like 6 complete covers.
Whenever we go out together and she’s with us (like when we were showing her around town) people keeep thinking she’s his gf or commenting on how good their chemistry or vibes are. She’s really chummy with him and they seem to have a lot of inside jokes from even before we dated.

He seems to have a lot more fun singing with her than he does with me and her personality is a lot more bubbly than me by nature and it just seems to multiply when he’s around. I asked her how she felt about him and she told me she looks up to him but admitted to crushing on him when she was a teen, which was apparently because he helped her through a kinda rough patch in her life. Even if I wanted to do the kinds of songs they sing, my voice isn't the kind that sounds good in the metal music they like.

I trust the both of them, a lot, and I don’t believe he’s cheating on me, they’re both wonderful people I’ve known for a long time. But seeing them together is painful to me. Idk if I‘m being unreasonable, or jealous or controlling but I need an outside perspective on this

tldr: Old-time best friend of both me and my husband reappeared and now I feel like a third-wheel whenever she’s around

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They're loving

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Caganer posted:

I[26M] am going on a trip with FWB[24F], but the day I arrive she tells me she's in a relationship and wants to do the trip as "friends". Advice?(self.relationships)

I feel it's a shame people are ignoring the other side of Pete's story.

Tyler's girl probably doesn't know how to handle someone showing interest in her while she's in a relationship.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

ZearothK posted:

I feel it's a shame people are ignoring the other side of Pete's story.

Tyler's girl probably doesn't know how to handle someone showing interest in her while she's in a relationship.

She knows. It's not complicated. "It's complicattttedddd" is the siren song of entitled brats who thing "Buttt I wantttt toooo" complicates whether things are OK.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
[GA] Just moved into a condo, neighbor is tasing hell over my nonexistent pet bird

quote:

I just bought a condo that has been vacant for a while. Right after I bought the place, before I even started moving in, I got an official warning from the HOA that my next door neighbor has called their emergency line 3 times over my pet bird that is so loud in the mornings it startled him awake and caused him emotional distress. In their email they specifically said what time my bird was making these loud noises.

Now, the thing is I don’t have any pets, and for the past few nights I’ve stayed up to that specific time to see if I could here anything loud and disturbing as he described(which I did not, aside from a few birds chirping quietly outside). However, this neighbor is still calling the HOA’s emergency line every night to complain about my bird. The HOA manager doesn’t believe I don’t have a pet bird, even though I’ve offered to let him come see. He said that I could just be hiding the bird.

Today I got a letter from Animal Welfare and Enforcement about my bird’s vocalizations disturbing the peace. It said that I can be taken to court because of my bird if the neighbor complains again. I DON’T HAVE A BIRD OR ANY PET.

I’ve tried talking to the guy, but he refuses to answer his door, and when he comes out to watch me leave for work, he’ll shut his door and ignore me if I try to talk to him. Am I seriously going to have to go to court because this guy thinks I have a pet bird? How am I supposed to prove that I don’t have a bird?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

[GA] Just moved into a condo, neighbor is tasing hell over my nonexistent pet bird

I dont get some people, there is nothing sweeter inlife than getting a lawyer and destroy him in court and sue for damages and harrassment.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
You move into a place that has an EMERGENCY LINE for a loving HOA you get what you deserve.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

send help, trapped in a Kafka novel

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I think I know why the condo was vacant

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

The dude is black and they want him gone.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sue his rear end and your HOA for slander

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

School Nickname posted:

The dude is black and they want him gone.

Sadly that's the first place my head ended up too. :(

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Dude just get rid of the bird.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

But seriously, how would a legal case go down here? Somebody needs to prove he has a bird in that court, right?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Okay, this is pretty funny, but: the HOA manager doesn't believe him, even though the neighbor started complaining before the OP moved in. It's totally possible they really are that stupid, and the neighbor is that crazy, but isn't it also possible it's a scam of some kind that they're both in on?

Alternatively OP is being gangstalked.

E: just realized black people essentially are gangstalked in the US

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Palpek posted:

But seriously, how would a legal case go down here? Somebody needs to prove he has a bird in that court, right?

Yes, they need evidence if it goes to court. In fact, he is more likely to be the one taking his neighbour to court for harassment.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I [18F] called my BF [24M] selfish for trying to take advantage of his roommate, now he's pissed. Was I wrong?

No need for long back story fluff. I am a Sophomore, BF is a grad student who lives with 3 other guys who are all Grad students. Let's call them A (23M), B (22M) and C (27M).

My BF is a really sweet guy, the only thing is that he is a typical 20-something guy who leaves messes behind with no urgency to clean them. Roommates A and B are the same way. My BF will cook and then leave dirty dishes all over their shared kitchen for hours, maybe a whole day until he cleans them. Roommates A and B are the same way. Dishes will stay in the sink sometimes for a whole week before getting washed.

So roommate C is the oldest of the bunch (27M) and he is the complete opposite of the other three. To quote him "My future wife will be very spoiled. I hate messes, I love cooking when I can and when i'm stressed I clean". His biggest thing is dirty counters (crumbs, junk mail, dirty dishes laying around) and dirty dishes. He always washes his dishes after he uses them and never leaves anything laying around. He NEVER does my bf's or the other 2 roommates dishes and has told them he won't. The other roommates (including my BF) are notorious for leaving food spills, crumbs and other stuff all over the counters and stove. Whenever I am over there I always notice roommate C is the one who wipes these surfaces down even if he isn't the one who created them. C travels alot and when he does, I notice that the trash is always almost overflowing, but after C comes back, the trash is taken out. Once in a while C will ask someone else to take out the trash and they do. I asked my BF if C complains about this and my BF said "No he just does it, I've never heard him say anything." I think C just really hates messes and figures he'd rather do it himself than wait around for the others.

Now lets fast forward to earlier today. I was over at BF's apartment and he was cooking pancakes for me. No one else was home, A and B were in the library and C went away for a weekend long conference and was due to get back later in the evening. As you know making pancakes can be a little messy and BF used quite a number of dishes and after we were done, we had left some batter on the stove, counter and there were a lot of crumbs (some from us from last night when we ate Chinese takeout and other various food leftovers). I said to BF: "Hey lets clean up, we made quite a mess" and he replied "It's whatever, (roommate) C will probably clean it up".

This is where things went to poo poo. Apparently roommate C had come home early from the conference and was in his room. He heard what my BF said and came out of the room. He told my BF that no that's not how it works. He is not their maid and he only cleans up after everyone if he makes a mess too from cooking. He really wasn't even THAT pissed. He wasn't yelling or anything, he just seemed a little annoyed. My BF gave kinda a sarcastic "sorry man" and they both let it go.

About an hour later after C had left to go grocery shopping, me and the BF were in his room chilling and he said "What the gently caress was that about earlier, C said he liked cleaning didn't he?" And I said "Well yea but it is kinda selfish to try and take advantage of his kindness and just ASSUME that all of your messes will just magically be taken care of by him". My bf got PISSED at this and said "You know what gently caress you". I was really taken back and asked what did I do/say and he literally won't answer. He just said whatever and put his headphones in. I kept asking him what did I say wrong and he would not answer so after 30 mins or so or silence I decided to leave and go back to my dorm. He didn't even say goodbye or give me a kiss and will not answer my texts after 2 hours.

Seriously Reddit, what did I say wrong? Was I not right in what I said? How do I rectify this?

TL:DR: My BF lives with 3 other guys. Him and 2 of the roommates are messy, 3rd roommate does not like messy kitchens and often cleans up after them (but never does their dishes). My BF made a comment saying that he wasn't going to clean up after himself bc 3rd roommate was just gonna do it anyways. Roommate heard this and called him out and later I said that was selfish and taking advantage of him and now BF won't talk to me.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Bird dude should just start calling the HoA to complain about his neighbour's TWO birds, which keep him and his bird awake.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I can tell you one thing, that guy is no Tyler

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I [18F] called my BF [24M] selfish for trying to take advantage of his roommate, now he's pissed. Was I wrong?

Entirely aware he's being a piece of poo poo, resentful at being called out about it. Not hard to understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
HoA Emergency line? Yes, I need to complain about the two bald eagles my neighbour has. They killed and devoured my bird, causing me severe emotional stress.