Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Maybe u save for infinity war???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

txwdYu
Apr 5, 2018

fart simpson posted:

Maybe u save for infinity war???

It's a good idea, the infinity war update should be amazing.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

if infinity war is garbo id say get magneto over a dr s uni, jean makes bendydick cabbagepatch look like james corden

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

also classic dr strange looks cooler than movie version

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If infinity war is garbo that says bad things for the future of this game

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Also infinity war may have a new costume for the most strangest of doctors.

It's probably only safe to buy costumes for fringe characters who will never be in the IW movies at the moment.

I am just hoping for good costumes for Cap, Iron Man and Black Widow that allows them to solo some SL stages. Oh, and Vision as well!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

its a good idea not to buy anything right now, costumes will all be on sale again in the future

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

what if infinity war is a new game mode that costs x crystals and you have x-750 crystals

txwdYu
Apr 5, 2018
I think I'll save them first then, currently trying to beat 12-6, see if the movie update will add in something new, I think they will add infinity war into the legendary battle

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

txwdYu posted:

I currently have 2300 crystals, the uniforms are on sale, my epic quest on Doctor Strange is on 40% completion and my Wolverine is now fulled, do I invest the crystal in the Doctor Strange's uniform or I save for Magneto to unlock Jean Grey?

Save for Magneto

txwdYu
Apr 5, 2018

Fried Sushi posted:

Save for Magneto

Alright, I think I'll save them, just 2 months to go :cheeky:

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
I loving hate Blue Marvel! He has been at 20/20/20/19 on me for like a month. Every goddamn time I put bios into it I swear it only goes up like 1 percent. I should use my T2 ticket on loving Lash or something then he will level up I bet. :flame:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Best use it on kingpin, that'll convince him to go up

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Man I am at a loss for where to go next

I have Agent Venom and Sharon Rogers max lvled and one mastery from max for Agent Venom

I have Angela, American Chavez, and a couple others getting close to max level. I have a few other characters I'll message around with when I'm bored so I'm all good on that.

Is this where I start messing with ISOs and cards and poo poo? I uh didn't know that equipping those things costs crystals to remove so a few of my sets probably aren't ideal.

I feel like I'm a little weak.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

And here we go, the first of the Infinity War costumes.

https://twitter.com/marvel_ffightus/status/984612138353414144?s=21

(And holy poo poo what a downgrade!)

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Who the gently caress is that supposed to be

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

It's Proxima's MCU look.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Dang Proxie you looking grimdark as fuuuuuck

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Also it sounds like you'll need mats from World Boss Ultimate to T3 dudes so that's fun.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

No problem I can clear every day of WBU with cable alone or also Jean alone

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I got Cable at level 50 and just unlocked Jean. Should I finish Cable off first or go straight to getting Jean up?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Is this where I start messing with ISOs and cards and poo poo? I uh didn't know that equipping those things costs crystals to remove so a few of my sets probably aren't ideal.

dont worry, it only costs crystals if you want to remove and keep them. you can overwrite them for free.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

Hello. I am posting to inform you that I just T2'ed Blue Marvel. I would like to thank everyone in this thread for their love and support. Also and forever Keke PBUH.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

T2 selector talk. I've got everyone I care about and most of the meta to T2 already. Do any of the following stand out as more useful over the others? I'd like someone who can help Spidey and Dr Strange clear the Dormammu energy immune SL level this week because I planned poorly and burned all my good physical damage guys and want to reserve my heaviest hitters for 27-30.

Options are Shuri, Amadeus Cho, All members of the GOTG (I've been slacking on rifts and haven't used selectors or chests on them yet), Shang Chi, Skurge, Silk, Spider-Gwen.

I'm thinking Shuri, Skurge, or one of the spider women are probably best. I don't have the costumes and the sale just ended but can grab it next time if it matters. Biggest downside to Shuri is she is 5/5 already whereas the rest are 3/0 or lower, but that isn't a huge bio difference.

I could also use it on Coulson who is 6/6/60 but only 4x5 gear. I don't find I need his extra team buff currently. Maybe for world boss ultimate if that becomes necessary for T3.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

bagrada posted:

T2 selector talk. I've got everyone I care about and most of the meta to T2 already. Do any of the following stand out as more useful over the others? I'd like someone who can help Spidey and Dr Strange clear the Dormammu energy immune SL level this week because I planned poorly and burned all my good physical damage guys and want to reserve my heaviest hitters for 27-30.

Options are Shuri, Amadeus Cho, All members of the GOTG (I've been slacking on rifts and haven't used selectors or chests on them yet), Shang Chi, Skurge, Silk, Spider-Gwen.

I'm thinking Shuri, Skurge, or one of the spider women are probably best. I don't have the costumes and the sale just ended but can grab it next time if it matters. Biggest downside to Shuri is she is 5/5 already whereas the rest are 3/0 or lower, but that isn't a huge bio difference.

I could also use it on Coulson who is 6/6/60 but only 4x5 gear. I don't find I need his extra team buff currently. Maybe for world boss ultimate if that becomes necessary for T3.

Well, Coulson's enormous buff is applicable against Dormammu energy immune, fwiw, and has tremendous utility outside, like WBU like you mentioned but also just faster AB clears, etc.

For the record I use Jean on energy immune and Strange/Dormammu/Odin for the BO every week.

Besides that the best on the list is definitely Shuri, yeah

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Thanks I'll think about Coulson v Shuri. Odin is currently last on my list of T2 natives to bring up. I have Ebony Maw at 56, Dormammu at 5/5/50, and Warlock at 4/4/42 or something like that. Black Dwarf, Corvus, Supergiant and Odin untouched at 1*. All the others are maxed out.

edit: Shuri worked. Went with her as Coulson was on cooldown this week from being tossed in one of the many many many Blast levels I got this week. Cleared both dormammu phases with 15 seconds to spare with my usual tactic of playing whack a mole with 5 2 and 3 on Dr S while spidey and whomever did their own thing.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Apr 16, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've been pounding away at World Boss Ultimate with little luck so I'm thinking its time for me to explore those Coulson/WarWolf T2 buffs people talk about. I'm definitely not using this selector on Coulson because I have him at 4/20+150 so I just need the resources or I might use a ticket. But is WarWolf worth consideration? It doesn't really seem that impressive.

The only person I don't have at 6* who I can use this on is Absorbing Man and some Asgardians I'm not doing that. And there's no one I'm itching to T2. So I have no idea what I'm doing with this selector.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Crap. I was hoping to use it on Magneto so I could finally unlock Jean without piddling on his little mission forever.

Guess I've got a big decision here. Which of these do I use it on?

6* Mastery Shuri
6* Mastery Sharon Rogers
6* Mastery Titania
6* Mastery Absorbing Man
6* Mastery Chavez
6* Mastery Elsa Bloodstone
6* Klaw (3 Mastery)
6* Mantis (2 mastery)
6* Hulk
6* She-Hulk
5* Skurge
5* Black Bolt
5* Coulson
5* Destroyer
5* War Machine
4* Hulkbuster
4* Spider-Man
4* Loki
4* Winter Soldier
4* Red Hulk
4* Moon Knight
4* Ghost Rider
4* Black Cat
3* Heimdall
3* Groot
3* Rocket Raccoon
3* Captain Marvel
3* Star-Lord
3* Venom
3* Misty
1* Singularity
1* Medusa
1* Crystal
1* Angela
1* Ghost Rider Robbie

I've got Captain America just about ready to T2, and trying to amass 10 million gold to get Cable to 6*.

I really wish they'd give out 'Gear-20' tickets to avoid the annoying rank-up of all this gear and the drat drag that is.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Shuri's better than Coulson -- she has a buff that is better than his defensively and a bit worse offensively but it also applies to everyone, not just hero characters. She's also worth a drat by herself, especially with her costume (which if you level up gives you a CTP.) Coulson is... pretty bad aside from the group buff.

War Wolf buff is basically fine but I think he's been superseded in a big way.

I'm probably going to use the T2 selector on MODOK but I'll sit on it for a week in case there's something in patch notes that says I need bios for someone else.

E: ^- for best value I might say Robbie since he's the lowest you have and is pretty dang useful in SL. You want to T2 your Sharog ASAP though.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 16, 2018

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

NmareBfly posted:

Shuri's better than Coulson -- she has a buff that is better than his defensively and a bit worse offensively but it also applies to everyone, not just hero characters. She's also worth a drat by herself, especially with her costume (which if you level up gives you a CTP.) Coulson is... pretty bad aside from the group buff.

War Wolf buff is basically fine but I think he's been superseded in a big way.

I'm probably going to use the T2 selector on MODOK but I'll sit on it for a week in case there's something in patch notes that says I need bios for someone else.

Shuri ended up working well, thanks, edited my last post. I'm sure you're aware but just in case, note the T2 selector expires in like 6 days. They dont want you to sit on it for long.

edit: Robbie tip if you select him Vader. Mine is only T1 but he's been pretty useful now that I have good cooldown cards. If you don't have good cards, pair him with a leader like Iron Man who gives 24% skill cooldown so you can keep him in his iframes, especially his skill 5. Maybe T2 makes it so he doesn't need that, but I was unimpressed with him until I figured that lack of cooldown bonus was my problem with him and Carnage.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 16, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Steve Vader posted:

Crap. I was hoping to use it on Magneto so I could finally unlock Jean without piddling on his little mission forever.

Guess I've got a big decision here. Which of these do I use it on?

Sharon Rogers and Loki are both the most obvious "big characters to T2" I see. Both completely changed my game when I T2ed them. You'd "save" more resources by using it on Loki but Rogers is better and if you're not collecting Shadowland bios it can be tough to gear her up.

Magneto really doesn't take very long, all things considered. It may feel that way but he's one of the easiest people to "farm" in the game.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Sex pot Cap is coming:
https://twitter.com/marvel_ffightus/status/985714396373512192?s=21

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

bagrada posted:

Shuri ended up working well, thanks, edited my last post. I'm sure you're aware but just in case, note the T2 selector expires in like 6 days. They dont want you to sit on it for long.

Oh yeah, we just might have patch notes by then. Scuttlebutt is that the next update is on the 25th so it'll be close but we'll see.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
So I decided to give the game a shot and was wondering if rerolling was at all recommended before saving an account? I’m just past the tutorial part where you get introduced and everything.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maybe... since there's no real new characters to debut for Infinity War the big thing of this update along with new costumes will be T3s for folks like Cap, Iron Man, and Widow? Would fit the movie theme, would come with new costumes/looks, and is basically the oldest characters in the game and easiest to farm getting an upgrade.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Not sure what you mean by maybe, that’s a video reveal of the new costume.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

I did Winter Soldier since I figure if Cap gets a uniform he should get one too.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Dave posted:

Not sure what you mean by maybe, that’s a video reveal of the new costume.

Yeah, I meant we know we're getting new costumes to match the movie but that feels "soft" for a major update where we're so used to getting new characters. But there's really no one new to add from the movie except maybe Nick Fury.

But with the T3 thing I was just thinking that instead of new characters maybe the big thing is that they're upgrading those OG Avengers characters as T3s.

Which might seem obvious to some but I've been wondering for awhile how they resolve the "new character" expectation and just reasoned out that making a bunch of the OG Avengers "new" with massive overhauls would probably do the trick.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I mean we are likely getting no new characters but a fuckton of new costumes with this update. Between all the BO, Thanos, and who knows how many Avengers, there could easily be 10 new costumes this update if not more. This on top of T3 for the same characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, but costumes alone are kind of a lovely big sell considering they all cost crystals which are hard to get and stockpile unless you already have everything. Or spend money.

Like I've got 2000+ I've been saving but there's a couple of costumes I want, Emma, and Warlock. I'll probably hold onto them for the Infinity War stuff but even if there's a dozen new costumes unless they're all being sold for gold or something I'll only be able to get a couple of them.

But if they T3 a bunch of the easily farmable OG Avenger characters then that's a more accessible get that you can just farm or use Shadowland bios on. More of what I was looking/hoping for from a big update.

Which again, might have been obvious to some as soon as they teased the T3 thing but I'm slow on the uptake and don't pay a lot of attention to the update sites and note stuff outside this thread and the in game notices.