Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Dodoman posted:

I never even thought about that, thanks.
Don't forget that the Subway map will show a tarot card on an area where a Confidant is hanging out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

If the anime follows the game I guess Haru will show up 2 episodes before the end.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Oh my god game. How did you make me lose two loving weeks in September!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Natural 20 posted:

Oh my god game. How did you make me lose two loving weeks in September!

It's 9AM. It's getting late. You'd better go to bed.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Aren't you tired after going to school?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

tbf i wanted to go to bed irl after some of the long exposition cutscenes which repeated plot points over and over again

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

irlZaphod posted:

tbf i wanted to go to bed irl after some of the long exposition cutscenes which repeated plot points over and over again

cut out all the exposition and weird homophobe stuff and P5 would be a masterpiece

then put it on switch so I can play it in bed

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

nopantsjack posted:

cut out all the exposition and weird homophobe stuff and P5 would be a masterpiece

Haru's lack of screentime still exists.

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
Persona 5 Semi-Portable Switch Edition.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

nopantsjack posted:

Would buy 10/10

ApplesandOranges posted:

Haru's lack of screentime still exists.

Add an extra month like P4G and have a lot of Haru

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011
What would the distorted desire of the phantom thieves? While personas prevent them from forming palaces. Every thief has enough conviction in their desire to see it become distorted.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

gyrobot posted:

What would the distorted desire of the phantom thieves? While personas prevent them from forming palaces. Every thief has enough conviction in their desire to see it become distorted.

For a lot of the game, I'd say the group shares one, though it's most exemplified by Ryuji: it's the desire for renown. They want to be The Heroes and they want everyone to know how great they are. That desire definitely grows strong and all-consuming enough to be distorted and causes them to be vulnerable to being manipulated. It's largely driven by Ryuji but everyone gets in on it.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Harrow posted:

For a lot of the game, I'd say the group shares one, though it's most exemplified by Ryuji: it's the desire for renown. They want to be The Heroes and they want everyone to know how great they are. That desire definitely grows strong and all-consuming enough to be distorted and causes them to be vulnerable to being manipulated. It's largely driven by Ryuji but everyone gets in on it.

For Ren I see his is freedom at all costs. He would think by taking the freedom of desire of others to prolong his false chances of freedom. But it turns out it was a farce all along. Only when he destroys the metaverse and surrenders peacefully was he able to fulfil his desire of freedom

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

This is so hosed. They completely left out an important party member!

I just want to see Koro's moves

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

thanks alot assbag posted:

I has hoping to see this girl at least: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz-jq9WtfOY

But sadly my fav remains uncanon...

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Look at ken's outfit. He's wearing Koro's wings, so they decided to NOT HAVE A DANCING DOG WHAT THE gently caress IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
https://twitter.com/TheGespenst/status/985594313869594625

I think I'm going to get P5D just so I can get this DLC. :allears:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

gyrobot posted:

If you side with Yaldabaoth it's implied that it collectively hashes out to being able to do whatever they want and be renowned and whatnot.

The lack of Koro and femc are the biggest mistakes in p3dan.

e: Also the horrible cover of burn my dread.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 15, 2018

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I played like 40hrs of this game in about 2 months after it came out. I was reminded of it this past week and how I'm dumb for not playing more so I decided to pick it up again...

...played 20hrs this weekend.
How did I stop playing this game last year?!

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
The last palace and the last last palace sure are trying their hardest to get me to hate the end of this game. What a slog.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The mouse thing feels like it was designed by a japanese salaryman on his 120th hour of compulsory overtime out of spite.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am diving down the last last dungeon myself.

Boy this is a real upbeat kinda place!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
It DOES have really good music, though!

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Max Wilco posted:

I think I'm going to get P5D just so I can get this DLC. :allears:

No FeMC in P3D means no buy on either of them

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Radioactive Toy posted:

The last palace and the last last palace sure are trying their hardest to get me to hate the end of this game. What a slog.

One thing Blizzard has talked about with Diablo is how they make each act shorter than the previous as players become more impatient the longer they play. I can't believe more video game companies haven't figured this out.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

The mouse thing feels like it was designed by a japanese salaryman on his 120th hour of compulsory overtime out of spite.

I've never understood the complaints about this, It was barely a thing.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

Those sections just felt really long and boring. There were, what, 3 of them? They were all pretty much the same, just with slightly bigger areas and more of the statues. There wasn't really anything new done with the subsequent sections once you got through the first one.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

ChiTownEddie posted:

I played like 40hrs of this game in about 2 months after it came out. I was reminded of it this past week and how I'm dumb for not playing more so I decided to pick it up again...

Morgana probably told you to go to sleep one to many times.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The mouse section was way less annoying the first time around compared to the security card game in the fifth palace.

The fifth palace in general is pretty bad, I'd probably say the worst of the lot. I wasn't a huge fan of the third one either, but that has a lot less backtracking.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ChiTownEddie posted:

I’ve dropped it a couple times when I hit between palace “press x for the next five hours” segments.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Gaius Marius posted:

I think its more that the level goes on just a bit too long. Its not horrible, I didn't mind the stupid mouse puzzles, but the last palace outstays its welcome a bit. Still, overall I don't think anything in the endgame was worse than the fifth palace.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

ApplesandOranges posted:

The mouse section was way less annoying the first time around compared to the security card game in the fifth palace.
I feel like the security card game doesn't really outstay its welcome. Some of the fights are tough till you learn weaknesses, it did take me a while/few attempts to get through but I thought it was ok.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

irlZaphod posted:

I feel like the security card game doesn't really outstay its welcome. Some of the fights are tough till you learn weaknesses, it did take me a while/few attempts to get through but I thought it was ok.

I did the security card game two days ago and it took me an hour and forty-five minutes because to my knowledge it's loving mistranslated

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ApplesandOranges posted:

The fifth palace in general is pretty bad, I'd probably say the worst of the lot. I wasn't a huge fan of the third one either, but that has a lot less backtracking.

3rd 4th and 5th palaces are basically what stops me from going back to plat the game. The mouse thing in the 7th is also not great but I think by then I had been desensitized to all the "here's a mechanic now do it fifty more times" dungeon mechanics.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

IcePhoenix posted:

3rd 4th and 5th palaces are basically what stops me from going back to plat the game. The mouse thing in the 7th is also not great but I think by then I had been desensitized to all the "here's a mechanic now do it fifty more times" dungeon mechanics.

3rd and 5th are definitely weak, but whats the problem with the 4th?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

I did the security card game two days ago and it took me an hour and forty-five minutes because to my knowledge it's loving mistranslated

I never had that much issue with that one.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hunt11 posted:

I never had that much issue with that one.

There's three levels: chief clerk, section chief, and chief director. In the third level, you're on the lookout for the chief director, but some of the lines refer to the section chief, which I took to be an intentional misdirect both times I played it. Nope! It's just an error or something, because all of it refers to the chief director and you need all of it to pick him out!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arist posted:

There's three levels: chief clerk, section chief, and chief director. In the third level, you're on the lookout for the chief director, but some of the lines refer to the section chief, which I took to be an intentional misdirect both times I played it. Nope! It's just an error or something, because all of it refers to the chief director and you need all of it to pick him out!

The localization team wasn't watching enough Game Center CX

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cinnamon Bear posted:

3rd and 5th are definitely weak, but whats the problem with the 4th?

same "here's a puzzle now do it again now do it again now do it again etc" problem that a lot of palaces have. It also felt incredibly long compared to the other palaces. At least it's somewhat saved by having probably my favorite track from the whole game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Arist posted:

You can get by if you just pay attention to the red text and even if you are not sure you can just beat up both possible options and not suffer anything besides resource drain.