Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Some hot wheel Japanese classics I found. The 510 was super hard to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Puddin posted:

Some hot wheel Japanese classics I found. The 510 was super hard to find.

Oh poo poo, I want that RX-3.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
1980 Citroën Karin concept car exterior and odd triple front seat interior detail featuring art by Trevor Fiore

(If you drive this, do you have to recruit video gamers to fight Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada?)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The future could have owned

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Ygolonac posted:

1980 Citroën Karin concept car exterior and odd triple front seat interior detail featuring art by Trevor Fiore

(If you drive this, do you have to recruit video gamers to fight Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada?)

The perfect car for a Mormon with one wife.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

DiggityDoink posted:

My cousins are excessively mormon and I dont get this joke

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

DiggityDoink posted:

I was mormon growing up and and I don't get the joke either.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

I think about this all the time and we're past the point of time many of these concepts would've happened, so technically the past would've owned, too.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Ygolonac posted:

With a roof shape that says "the passengers' heads are going to be in the driver's lap anyway, so why bother with headroom?"

Ygolonac posted:

:golfclap:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Ygolonac posted:

Mr. Deckard, your car is ready.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

My cousins are excessively mormon and I dont get this joke

I believe the joke is that the car is for no one since there are no Mormons with one wife.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Rhyno posted:

Oh poo poo, I want that RX-3.

I'm behind on my Hot Wheels collectifying.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

Not emptyquoting, also if thread titles could communicate images this would be a candidate

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Darchangel posted:

I'm behind on my Hot Wheels collectifying.

Same. I don't dig through the racks like I used to. But Kroger frequently has them for 88 cents a pop so I tend to grab a bunch of random ones to have as gifts for my friends kids. I stupidly gave my one buddy's son some Transformers and now Hot Wheels aren't ever good enough anymore.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Ygolonac posted:

I'd drive this and blast some synthwave at max volume.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Same. I don't dig through the racks like I used to. But Kroger frequently has them for 88 cents a pop so I tend to grab a bunch of random ones to have as gifts for my friends kids. I stupidly gave my one buddy's son some Transformers and now Hot Wheels aren't ever good enough anymore.

Lol if you don't understand that Transformers > Hot Wheels to kids. One is a car, the other is both a car AND a motherfucking ROBOT with GUNS

(For real tho, good idea and good on you for doing that, car passion has to get triggered somewhere)

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I'm quite partial to the Alfa Romeo Navajo myself

I miss the aggressive wedge shapes from the future of the past

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Daaaaamn.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thechalkoutline posted:

Lol if you don't understand that Transformers > Hot Wheels to kids. One is a car, the other is both a car AND a motherfucking ROBOT with GUNS

(For real tho, good idea and good on you for doing that, car passion has to get triggered somewhere)

It was an honest mistake! I had it in the box of Ebay stuff and pulled it out and couldn't just take it back after he saw it. Almost all of my groomsmen have kids, I like to have stuff for them when they visit.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
Holy poo poo the scales are weld puddle????

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
That better be a screamer pipe for a wastegate.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I think it is, but from the look of that main exhaust, there isn't really a non-screamer pipe.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Thats the fuckin poo poo.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

And it better exit through the hood with it's fire breath.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Anyone want to see some highlights from the NY auto show I took?

Anyways some random finds:

Sick Chevelle in my area, the old dude who owned it ripped a huge rear end burnout right after this in the middle of the city.

Saw this Austin Mini Metro, which I honestly have never seen or really knew about in the middle of NYC!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:frogon:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Voltage posted:

Saw this Austin Mini Metro, which I honestly have never seen or really knew about in the middle of NYC!

Wow, ok. W-suffix plate - assuming "real" - is 1980/1981, which is backed up by the Mini Metro badging and hearing-aid beige.

All together now, Princess Di had one.

Other than an arguable point on packaging/interior space, they're worse in almost every way than the Mini they share mechanicals with. If I were going to get one into the US, it'd be an MG Turbo, just for the "what the actual gently caress" factor, and being better than the Mini because Turbo even though they stuck the MG Metro Turbo engine in the ERA Mini Turbo, which further to this features in the first episode of the You're Under Arrest anime, and oh holy loving poo poo I'm an aging nerd.

Bonus launch advert, with extra :britain::
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4-8LgXjQbc

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Dave Inc. posted:

Holy poo poo the scales are weld puddle????

That's honestly the least impressive part of that goddamn thing

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

If we're posting other weird British stuff in NYC, I saw a Reliant Robin in its natural state; stationary but on all three wheels at the moment.

A couple months ago in Midtown, I saw an Audi Ur-Quattro drive by in full Group B livery complete with rally hood lights. Sadly I failed to take a picture because I was distracted playing Pokemon GO and it was gone by the time I got my camera app fired up. I know I'm an absolute failure.
:negative:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Edward IV posted:

If we're posting other weird British stuff in NYC, I saw a Reliant Robin in its natural state; stationary but on all three wheels at the moment.

Surely the natural state of a Reliant Robin is to be on its side, sliding, after attempting to negotiate a corner at >5km/h.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Edward IV posted:

A couple months ago in Midtown, I saw an Audi Ur-Quattro drive by in full Group B livery complete with rally hood lights.

Actually the way you can tell if it's group B is the various cooling improvements :eng101::
  • Two front lights instead of four: after getting disqualified a couple times for illegal body mods (one time, the hood was bent in a peculiar way that happened to let air into the engine compartment, and was oddly never fixed; another time they replaced the two inner lights with fake lights that swung open to uncover extra air intakes), Audi re-homologated the quattro with just two light clusters, combining low and high beams and allowing a wider grille
  • The iconic radiator under the rear spoiler wasn't there in the original group 4 version, either
  • Air intakes on the rear fender flares, one per side for the Audi Quattro A1, two per side for the A2 (easiest way to tell the two variants apart)
... well, at least for the evolution (i.e. race) versions. The road car stayed pretty much the same, except for a facelift on the road version of the A2

hackbunny fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 17, 2018

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Paging Vaughn Bode

Russian (I think) post with more info Mercier 1937 Moto Chenille

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Voltage posted:

My mum had one of these in this exact colour, outside and in! :aaaaa:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

My mum had one of these in this exact colour, outside and in! :aaaaa:

Has your mother been missing for any amount of time? Did Voltage just solve a missing persons case?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Rhyno posted:

I used to buy them for my kid but I never find any real good ones as the more popular/rarer ones (aussie, chevs and Japanese) get snapped up and put on ebay pretty quick -- I'm not the type of guy that goes to the toy section/store every week and dig through the racks. The only decent ones I've found recently is a FD rx7, r33, ford GT, and some BMWs and porsches.
I'm trying to get him into lego instead anyway and rx3s are overrated :v:

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Apr 17, 2018

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Has your mother been missing for any amount of time? Did Voltage just solve a missing persons case?

Ha, the car was sold maybe 32/33 years ago. She hated it. I can't recall if it was before or after that she had a Mini Clubman estate which she also hated.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Was she tall too? My mum loved her metro because of the freedom, not because it was a good car.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Nah she's standard issue mum size. 5'6" ish

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ygolonac posted:

Paging Vaughn Bode

Russian (I think) post with more info Mercier 1937 Moto Chenille

:stonklol:
There's a video of a dude attempting to ride/turn one! (which answers my question from the photos - how does it turn? Not very well)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0q0KXGl1Y4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

All together now, Princess Di had one.

She also had a custom short-wheelbase Mercedes.