Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

AegisP posted:

Also, what the hell else would we use Lapis on? Step-ups incentive lapis use by making them actually worthwhile to do.

CG Lid or CG Nichol?

Question for the JP players, how many UoC tickets have(could) you gotten by now?

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

PaybackJack posted:

CG Lid or CG Nichol?

Question for the JP players, how many UoC tickets have(could) you gotten by now?

0, because they weren't introduced until the banner after CG nichol.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Khisanth Magus posted:

0, because they weren't introduced until the banner after CG nichol.

No, my question is from the time they were introduced, I think back in December, up to this point, how many Units can you have gotten? If my memory is correct they gave everyone 20 free but how many more could you have got since then? (10 tickets = 1 Unit)

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
That was a trip. 250 lapis pull.

Blue.
REFORM.
Gold!
REFORM.
Rainbow!

Elfreeda!

I already have Aileen. This bodes well.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Free daily was my third t.terra. well at least I'm closer to an stmr that only she could use.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Free daily rainbow checking in!

Second Rem. Her 7* looks pretty sick so I'm ok with this!

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Free daily was my third t.terra. well at least I'm closer to an stmr that only she could use.

Is that even worth it? Triple TTerra alpha strikes sound terrifying. But I guess that mostly depends on being able to turn a non-kill into a kill with the addition of another terra. She already does obscene damage with her quad cast.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

I forgot the best reason to get CG Nichol; Bards loving suck rear end on these stupid 10-man trials. Ok, Elnath; all set for your phase 3. Oops mistimed Ramza and can't switch him because *Bard*. GG lovely mechanics.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ugato posted:

Is that even worth it? Triple TTerra alpha strikes sound terrifying. But I guess that mostly depends on being able to turn a non-kill into a kill with the addition of another terra. She already does obscene damage with her quad cast.

Her STMR is great for her on protracted fights but if all you want is absolute death on turn 1 then no 2 7* t.terras + friend will probably be better. If T.Terra gets a 4x chaining partner and that partner has more utility then yeah I'd burn the other two for the stmr.

Johnny Nomad
Feb 18, 2004

Free daily 🌈 for me as well, came down gold, broke into Veritas of the Dark 1! Hello old man chaining buddy!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
My free daily was Duane or w/e that worthless dark knight is called but my 1/2 pull was a rainbow. :toot:

...I'm never going to actually use this Emperor Shera or his TMR, am I?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

My free daily was Duane or w/e that worthless dark knight is called but my 1/2 pull was a rainbow. :toot:

His TMR is 50% ATK with a Sword & Light Armour, and 10% HP with Light Armour, and 20% Fire Resistance. It's pretty decent if you're using Light Armour over Heavy Armour.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If you ever get a second shera he becomes a really good DR chainer

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If you ever get a second shera he becomes a really good DR chainer

And his 7* is supposedly one of the best.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

AegisP posted:

His TMR is 50% ATK with a Sword & Light Armour, and 10% HP with Light Armour, and 20% Fire Resistance. It's pretty decent if you're using Light Armour over Heavy Armour.
Onion Knight enhancements to his passives give him a buff for using Light Armor, so you can couple that TM along with Onion Armor eventually.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

HGH posted:

Onion Knight enhancements to his passives give him a buff for using Light Armor, so you can couple that TM along with Onion Armor eventually.

He’s already stacked with atk - he goes up to 125% base atk if you hit all his enhanced passives. With two weapon masteries and 40% materia he’s 5% over the cap already. Mostly it just would have been nice to have the DKS alternative materia not be a 5* base

Ugato fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 16, 2018

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Man I love when a DR chain just up and breaks for no apparent reason with the last 10 hits and I don't get credit for killing a boss with an Esper because the boss died before the chain broke, withthe Esper ended up in the 2nd smaller chain.

"Kill X with an Esper" is the dumbest mission requirement in this game because of the idiotic mechanics involved in it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

BDawg posted:

And his 7* is supposedly one of the best.

Its mostly because he synergies perfectly with Hyou, which a lot of people consider the highest damage unit in the game ( I think randy does more damage though). Hyous big weakness is that he cant imbue himself with an element and if he's maximizing damage then he's probably using a high variance 2 handed sword, which almost always doesn't have elements. Shera is a TDH chainer with DR frames and W-Attack just like Hyou but has a cooldown ability that grants an ally and himself fire imbue. Hyou himself has strong fire imperils as well.

Damage wise he's probably lower than other self imbue units like Tidus but his ability to imbue others and access to DR frames puts him over the top.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its mostly because he synergies perfectly with Hyou, which a lot of people consider the highest damage unit in the game ( I think randy does more damage though). Hyous big weakness is that he cant imbue himself with an element and if he's maximizing damage then he's probably using a high variance 2 handed sword, which almost always doesn't have elements. Shera is a TDH chainer with DR frames and W-Attack just like Hyou but has a cooldown ability that grants an ally and himself fire imbue. Hyou himself has strong fire imperils as well.

Damage wise he's probably lower than other self imbue units like Tidus but his ability to imbue others and access to DR frames puts him over the top.

Varance has rated him 18.18 at 7*.

For comparison:

Loren is 18.51(the highest rated unit)
Tidus is 17.78
CG Lasswell is 18.03
Orlandeau is 17.54
Veritas of the Dark is 17.86
Aileen is 18.03
Randi is 18.43

Seems pretty good!

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Evil Fluffy posted:

"Kill X with an Esper" is the dumbest mission requirement in this game because of the idiotic mechanics involved in it.

I chipped it down to where it was nearly impossible for an Esper to not kill it.

I usually do not get this on the first run. I tried this time but I called Bahamut too early and he shot his load before the OK chain started...

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Can someone explain how to do huge damage via chaining, please? I'm really bad at it

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Can someone explain how to do huge damage via chaining, please? I'm really bad at it

Basically you want to queue up two units that have similar frames and then hit them one after the one as fast as you can. If you're playing on an emulator you can use a macro to ensure those units spark chain for maximum efficiency but on a mobile device you either need to be really quick or use the magnification trick. You'll also have varying results based on the frames of the attack. Orlandeau's divine retribution frames are pretty easy to manual chain with just two units but units like Tidus and Onion Knight are a lot harder.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

PaybackJack posted:

on a mobile device you either need to be really quick or use the magnification trick.

iOS devices can also do this easily. Swipe up from the bottom to bring up the menu, hit the home button to close it, then press the units you want to chain together (you have a second or two to pull it off depending on how fast your phone resumes running an app). I can generally spark 4 units at once without much trouble. If you have sound on, you’ll hear the sound effect for pressing but it won’t go off until the app resumes.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ugato posted:

iOS devices can also do this easily. Swipe up from the bottom to bring up the menu, hit the home button to close it, then press the units you want to chain together (you have a second or two to pull it off depending on how fast your phone resumes running an app). I can generally spark 4 units at once without much trouble. If you have sound on, you’ll hear the sound effect for pressing but it won’t go off until the app resumes.

:holymoley:

Man that’s smooth

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

This works with the newest version of IOS (or hardware, i.e. no home button) as well, where you swipe down from the top-right corner to access the control panel. There's a moment of 'lag' when you swipe the panel away and it transitions back to the suspended app, and your inputs go off all at once when it's over.

Victis fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 16, 2018

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

Basically you want to queue up two units that have similar frames and then hit them one after the one as fast as you can. If you're playing on an emulator you can use a macro to ensure those units spark chain for maximum efficiency but on a mobile device you either need to be really quick or use the magnification trick. You'll also have varying results based on the frames of the attack. Orlandeau's divine retribution frames are pretty easy to manual chain with just two units but units like Tidus and Onion Knight are a lot harder.

I don't have any issues with chaining my ok and another ok friend on Android. Just place them next to each other and hit it within 500ms

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Victis posted:

This works with the newest version of IOS (or hardware, i.e. no home button) as well, where you swipe down from the top-right corner to access the control panel. There's a moment of 'lag' when you swipe the panel away and it transitions back to the suspended app, and your inputs go off all at once when it's over.

Yeah it works with just about any form of resuming the app actually. You can do swapping or even just minimize the app and bring it back up. Swapping to the app seemed a hell of a lot tougher because it wouldn’t immediately recognize inputs; the menu method definitely was more reliable. I screwed up way too many chains when manually swiping the menu away, so I just stuck to hitting the home button.

Absolutely worth doing if you have an OK or TTerra and, like me, couldn’t do a full chain manually if your life depended on it.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
It doesn’t work on iPad though, because of multitasking.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
In case this isn't common knowledge, the stat pot in the daily Vault of Hidden Treasures is random, and you can "give up" and restart the dungeon until you get the stat you want. I started doing that to get MP or SPR pots.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

PDQ Law posted:

In case this isn't common knowledge, the stat pot in the daily Vault of Hidden Treasures is random, and you can "give up" and restart the dungeon until you get the stat you want. I started doing that to get MP or SPR pots.

Thanks, I had no idea.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
neat

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

We were just talking about Emperor Shera and wouldn't you know it; got him on the daily pull. I wanted to pull for him but I had a feeling I was going to get Jake instead.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

PaybackJack posted:

We were just talking about Emperor Shera and wouldn't you know it; got him on the daily pull. I wanted to pull for him but I had a feeling I was going to get Jake instead.

I got another lenna

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Bench-lenna.jpg

Poor girl was once the strongest healers in the game

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I actually get why the 5* unit TMR moogles are so expensive in the shop but without blank moogles available they are a heavy investment for something you might not even have access to because you need to spend a ton of lapis on arena orbs

I seriously hope gumi doesn't shaft people on them like alim is doing back in jp

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I actually get why the 5* unit TMR moogles are so expensive in the shop but without blank moogles available they are a heavy investment for something you might not even have access to because you need to spend a ton of lapis on arena orbs

I seriously hope gumi doesn't shaft people on them like alim is doing back in jp

There is a nonzero chance they change it. They took out loren as the pay2win unit, putting her in the regular summon pool. This is lapis , but paying for refreshes are going to be required for those ranks

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

As long as they hand out a blank container in the point ladder in global I'm sure people will be fine with it. But getting a blank container every month might be insane but it's not like they can't control the amount of 5* unit TMR moogles they release and it's not like TMR farming and grinding for those moogles won't generate them cash

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
So the only way that makes sense then - these 5% moogles will turn a blank into a specific TMR and you can then fill out the other 95% with “all” moogles? Because getting 100% of a 5* base TMR from tm-specific moogles seems basically impossible outside of very concentrated events. And we’ve mostly had random one-offs from the MK events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Ugato posted:

So the only way that makes sense then - these 5% moogles will turn a blank into a specific TMR and you can then fill out the other 95% with “all” moogles? Because getting 100% of a 5* base TMR from tm-specific moogles seems basically impossible outside of very concentrated events. And we’ve mostly had random one-offs from the MK events.

So what you all are saying is, get the Dark Veritas TMR moogle and sit on it. I'm assuming Genji Glove isn't worth getting because by the time these container moogles come along we'll be into the True DoubleHand meta.

• Locked thread