Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Julio Cruz posted:

Impact's always (well, nearly always) been capable of putting on good single shows because they've always had decent talent. Their issue is the show-to-show booking of storylines.
Just give me a monster's ball match with Sammi Callahan, Pentagon, and Abyss all locked in dark rooms for 24 hours prior like the old days and let Fenix do flippy doos in an Ultimate X match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Julio Cruz posted:

Impact's always (well, nearly always) been capable of putting on good single shows because they've always had decent talent. Their issue is the show-to-show booking of storylines.

And also their need to vacuum up anyone who left WWE and put titles on them

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Am I crazy for thinking the PPV lineup looks pretty good

quote:

Impact World Champion Austin Aries defending against Pentagon Jr. and Fenix in a triple threat match
Knockouts Champion Allie defending against Su Yung
Eddie Edwards, Moose & Tommy Dreamer vs. Sami Callihan & OVE (Dave & Jake Crist) in a House of Hardcore match
X Division Champion Matt Sydal defending against Petey Williams
Impact Tag Team Champions LAX (Santana & Ortiz) defending against Eli Drake & Scott Steiner
Brian Cage vs. Taiji Ishimori vs. DJ Z vs. El Hijo Del Fantasma vs. Trevor Lee vs. Dezmond Xavier

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 15, 2018

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

sportsgenius86 posted:

With the exception of Scott Steiner being in a match in 2018 yeah that card does look pretty good

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Nah, the main event change cemented that card as, at worst, a decent return to PPV. Which is certainly still better than anybody expected out of TNA over the previous 16 months

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

RZApublican posted:

With the exception of Scott Steiner being in a match in 2018 yeah that card does look pretty good

I wouldn't expect much from the women's title match, and the hardcore match could either be intense and violent or yet another lovely ECW ripoff brawl, but there are three matches there all of which definitely have the potential to be excellent.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The funny thing is that all they had to do to get good is run a Lucha underground ppv

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is it going to be a legit regular PPV or is Impact streaming shows on Twitch now, too?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

Is it going to be a legit regular PPV

Yes

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I'm only paying for an IMPACT PPV if newLEGACYinc is commentating it.

Preferably booking it also

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Got even better. Drago vs Aerostar added

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

RZApublican posted:

if you buy the show you get a free family dinner at his Shoney's

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

CubsWoo posted:

Is Rick still lodged in the roof somewhere?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

CubsWoo posted:

also, if you buy the show he probably won't beat you up

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Brian Cage throwing around a bunch of juniors looks like it will be fun. Hopefully that match is for the a shot at the X Division title.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
It's not a bad lineup but it made me wonder if this is literally their entire pool of talent (and some LU guests) so I checked Impact's "Active Roster". People on the list not booked for this PPV:

Abyss
Andrew Everett
Bhupinder Singh
Bobby Lashley
Braxton Sutter
Caleb Konley
Chandler Park
Fallah Bahh
Garza Jr.
Grado
Gursinder Singh
Johnny Impact
KM
Kongo Kong
Laredo Kid
Rohit Raju
Sonjay Dutt
Suicide
Tyrus

So the short answer is, "yes, basically".

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Edge & Christian posted:

It's not a bad lineup but it made me wonder if this is literally their entire pool of talent (and some LU guests) so I checked Impact's "Active Roster". People on the list not booked for this PPV:

Abyss
Andrew Everett
Bhupinder Singh
Bobby Lashley
Braxton Sutter
Caleb Konley
Chandler Park
Fallah Bahh
Garza Jr.
Grado
Gursinder Singh
Johnny Impact
KM
Kongo Kong
Laredo Kid
Rohit Raju
Sonjay Dutt
Suicide
Tyrus

OTOH, they're not a company that can afford to have guys for utility purposes, and recognizing that isn't a bad thing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

Abyss
Andrew Everett
Bhupinder Singh
Bobby Lashley
Braxton Sutter
Caleb Konley
Chandler Park
Fallah Bahh
Garza Jr.
Grado
Gursinder Singh
Johnny Impact
KM
Kongo Kong
Laredo Kid
Rohit Raju
Sonjay Dutt
Suicide
Tyrus

When we say this card looks good for a TNA PPV, also understand this was their last PPV card https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bound_for_Glory_(2017)

quote:

Abyss vs Grado - Monster's Ball: If Grado loses, he's deported

And this was the last non-BFG/Slammiversary PPV card they had https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacrifice_(2014)

quote:

Mr Anderson vs Sam Shaw - Loser gets committed

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I half expected Abyss to be retired at this point, he has to be getting pretty old.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I know others have pointed it out but that isn't a TNA ppv its a Lucha Underground PPV with TNA curtains

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MrBling posted:

I half expected Abyss to be retired at this point, he has to be getting pretty old.

He's 44. poo poo I figured he was 50 by now.

Who's in the Suicide outfit these days?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

DJExile posted:

He's 44. poo poo I figured he was 50 by now.

Who's in the Suicide outfit these days?

Caleb Konley

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Real talk, do we know what the deal is with Andrew Everett and Impact? He's, like, a successful wrestler, right? People like him?

I don't understand how he makes a healthy scratch list that is otherwise made up of guys who don't work there anymore, guys who are just a costume they keep around to haze people with, guys who were only signed because sometimes they show up on Fox News to do racism, and Kevin Matthews.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Explosions posted:

Real talk, do we know what the deal is with Andrew Everett and Impact? He's, like, a successful wrestler, right? People like him?

I don't understand how he makes a healthy scratch list that is otherwise made up of guys who don't work there anymore, guys who are just a costume they keep around to haze people with, guys who were only signed because sometimes they show up on Fox News to do racism, and Kevin Matthews.

If you're getting checks from TNA that are likely to bounce, would you rather sit home and not work, or get in the ring and risk getting injured working with a roster of nobodies on a network nobody gets

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

DJExile posted:

If you're getting checks from TNA that are likely to bounce, would you rather get drunk and snort cocaine, or get in the ring and risk getting injured working with a roster of nobodies on a network nobody gets

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I know others have pointed it out but that isn't a TNA ppv its a Lucha Underground PPV with TNA curtains

then why isn't Pentagon defending the title

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

youre not allowed to ask that

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

exploded mummy posted:

then why isn't Pentagon defending the title

If you watch the PPV in reverse he will be

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Who has that one PPV poster with Hogan on it where his face is behind a steel cage but his sunglasses are in front of it?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Phenix Rising posted:

Who has that one PPV poster with Hogan on it where his face is behind a steel cage but his sunglasses are in front of it?

I know the one you mean but I can't find it. Here's this terrible one though

E: I could swear it was a Lockdown or sacrifice but the closest I can find is one with a bored Ken Kennedy behind the cage

DJExile fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 17, 2018

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Weird that people noticed the sunglasses but not AJ's pregnancy.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
e: f,b

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Angle looks different (assuming that's him)

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

piss tape israel posted:

Angle looks different (assuming that's him)

That's Mick Foley.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

There we go. For some reason I remembered it being more blatantly laughable, but I guess that's TNA in a nutshell.

Also, Hobo Angle is unsettling.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Does Hogan have Lock Down printed on his glasses

Is the logo between the glasses and his eyes

Is he looking at a mirror image of the logo and we're seeing that reflection in the lenses

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Phenix Rising posted:

Also, Hobo Angle is unsettling.
I remember his match with Nakamura in Japan and thinking it couldn’t be the same guy. He almost aged in reverse - that period of extreme painkiller and soma abuse had the weird effect of making him less puffy. His head got smaller and his face got leaner somehow and there is absolutely no life in his eyes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Weird that people noticed the sunglasses but not AJ's pregnancy.

They decided to just not mention that after Claire Lynch was fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

DJExile posted:

I know the one you mean but I can't find it. Here's this terrible one though

E: I could swear it was a Lockdown or sacrifice but the closest I can find is one with a bored Ken Kennedy behind the cage

Is this the same Sacrifice that was the source of the Steinermath promo?