Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I just hope that when modding tools come out we can get floating damage numbers (if not on the tiny skaven, because NUMBERS, at least on bigger threats).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This is cool:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/552500/announcements/detail/3276808089037976181

quote:

We passed an amazing milestone by reaching over 1,000,000 players in less than five weeks after release. Our goal has always been to create the best co-op experience possible and we are happy to see that so many like our game.

To celebrate this occasion we are offering 10% off on Steam on Warhammer: Vermintide 2 and Warhammer: Vermintide 2 – Collector’s Edition. The discount will last until April 19.

In addition to this, we have collected some interesting statistics from Vermintide 2 in an infographic, enjoy and thank you for all the support!

seriously though, I want to know how many total kills, or at least how many digits it is

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Digirat posted:

This is cool:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/552500/announcements/detail/3276808089037976181

seriously though, I want to know how many total kills, or at least how many digits it is

Maybe we could put it as an average of 150 rats per loot chest (essentially a run), so on the order of 4,777,950,000 dead rats, world is a gently caress. It is probably flawed because this methodology does not account for commendation chests, which have their own pace, but at least a billion, I am sure.

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Digirat posted:

This is cool:

Game is good. I never played much of Vermintide 1, is it worth going back and getting the DLCs for the first game?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ZearothK posted:

Maybe we could put it as an average of 150 rats per loot chest (essentially a run), so on the order of 4,777,950,000 dead rats, world is a gently caress. It is probably flawed because this methodology does not account for commendation chests, which have their own pace, but at least a billion, I am sure.

150 is WAY too low.
I kill 200 myself on most runs.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac posted:

150 is WAY too low.
I kill 200 myself on most runs.

wow 200?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Power Walrus posted:

Game is good. I never played much of Vermintide 1, is it worth going back and getting the DLCs for the first game?

It's a great game but I kinda feel like it's going to be weird going back if you've never done it before. I mean... yes?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Power Walrus posted:

The DLC missions (and Wizard's Tower/the graveyard) are the most memorable missions from V1, so they're definitely worth playing at least once. Only the host needs to actually own them though, so maybe check with a friend or a goon if you wanna play them without buying it yourself.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I wouldn't buy the DLCs if you're just going to play the levels one time, since they're priced expecting you to play them multiple times (like everything else in the game) and get/use their DLC weapons

The thing is only the host needs to own the DLC, so if you have any friends that own them or want to ping a goon who owns them to run you through them, you can play them for free. and they are the best levels in vermintide 1 (stromdorf being the peak IMO) so they are definitely worth experiencing at least once.

but if you do buy them, don't buy schleusselschloss. It's a last stand map, not normal levels like the others.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Tom Gorman posted:

Yeah, I agree with all of this. He comes off as one of those types of people who claim to want to help others get better, and then just gets annoyed in the presence of people who make mistakes. His whole attitude is the opposite of fun.

On that note, does anyone have any recommendations for good streamers/channels to check out? Preferrably people who are good, but entertaining and chill and not trying to be a team of 4 "MMO raid leaders" barking commands at each other? I've found a lot of those lately.

They've been playing more sporadically lately but I've seen some funny games at https://www.twitch.tv/strippin

https://clips.twitch.tv/SweetFunnyRingAMPTropPunch

note that they fit "entertaining" but not "good" which is part of the fun

At some point their chat started roleplaying skaven with the twitch votes, and get longer delay between votes if they're bad rats or shorter delay if they're nice mice. chat just murders them three games out of four.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I just got a halberd at my current max power level with 4.8% attack speed, 3% crit, and Swift Slaying.

Relatively low crit bonus aside, I am a happy Kruber right now.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

they way people play events like the crystals or firing the cannon drives me insane. there's an incredibly obvious way to split and be 100% safe, and just when you think everyone picked a spot you get hit in the back by a stormvermin because they all ran to the same place to kill one rat. gotta get those numbers up.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Antares posted:

gotta get those numbers up.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
they whine about the ammo because they need literally every ammo pickup for their circles

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I think so. I'm getting pretty good with that bastard elf.

Then again I often have teammates that don't break 100 so maybe I could learn to back off a bit.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I really miss the loot die from vermintide 1. The new loot crates feel soulless, but actually rolling physical die for loot was fun!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Knifegrab posted:

I really miss the loot die from vermintide 1. The new loot crates feel soulless, but actually rolling physical die for loot was fun!

I could not disagree more. With all the times I'd do a full Grim/tome run only to get a lovely green, I can safely say the old system sucked rear end.

If you want to recreate the experience, roll a couple dice at your desk when it gets to Renald's gift.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Ugh apparently in festering ground at the 2nd grim you can get stuck on the box still and slayer leap will not free you. Out of all the specials to spawn down there it had to be a loving gas rat when i couldn't loving move.

I'm so torn, ranger bardin is workable and the bomb drop thing is loving amazing compared to no bomb drops. Slayer bardin is just down right more capable and fun but almost no one gets bombs. I also tried to make handgun ranger work and its loving terrible because you can't body shot a SV on champion with it and when you wanna dump ammo to get that 25% power buff it takes forever where the grudgeraker is super fast.

They need to add dual hammers and throwing hammers/axes for the slayer ASAP. I wanna alt fire an axe/hammer on a 8 second cool down goddamnit--gently caress realism or logic salty has 40 pistols on him bardin can carry a few extra hammers or axes in his pants.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

I think so. I'm getting pretty good with that bastard elf.

Then again I often have teammates that don't break 100 so maybe I could learn to back off a bit.

He was being sarcastic but you have the right, hungry attitude

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Let it be said again that Slayer is good and viable but jfc does Leap ever need some kind of protection. Getting dinged by random animations in flight is terrible and really difficult to play around. Just tonight I got knocked out of midair by fuckin' troll puke.

Of course most of the time I'm just leaping two feet forward to create a little space and turn on the red mist.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

The hammer is my new favorite weapon for Kruber. The halberd is technically better, but it's just so satisfying to power attack into a horde and watch bodies fly everywhere.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Khizan posted:

The hammer is my new favorite weapon for Kruber. The halberd is technically better, but it's just so satisfying to power attack into a horde and watch bodies fly everywhere.

See, I normally love hammers in games. I love heavy swings and watching idiots fly.

But in this game I want to piercing rats in the face more than anything. Rapier and halberd are my current favorites.
Elf spear is pretty okay as well.

FatShark, give the dwarf a punching weapon please.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Inzombiac posted:

I could not disagree more. With all the times I'd do a full Grim/tome run only to get a lovely green, I can safely say the old system sucked rear end.

If you want to recreate the experience, roll a couple dice at your desk when it gets to Renald's gift.

The odds of the old system sucked but the fun dice visual was more intersting than opening a loot crate.

Does every map have three tomes and two grimoires? I went to a place I got a grimoire previously but the locked chest was not interactable.

Numbnuts
May 20, 2012
Yeah theres always 3/2 and always the same spots. I know of two grims in locked chests and they have a key earlier in the level randomly placed in a small ish area.

Convocation of Decay is the room when you first drop out of the sewer.

And then the uh, cant remember the other name but its the lord ghulmagak one. The key is in the cave room with the elevated planks, somewhere in the heap below.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Fairly sure I was grouped with someone using an aimbot yesterday.

Was an elf (obviously) in a veteran game using a swiftbow, never aiming it, snapping off shots and killing specials before they were even announced all with headshots. He was downed twice by hordes as he never switched to a melee weapon, was just firing his swiftbow point blank and ended up with more kills than everyone else put together (just shy of 500 while the rest of us had a 100 or so on average). He was just holding W the entire map and jumping constantly.

Predictably it was a pretty boring game as we were mostly just following behind him and mopping up things he didn't point his mouse at.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

ZearothK posted:

BORN TO DIE
WORLD IS A gently caress
KILL EM ALL
4,777,950,000 DEAD RATS

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Voyager I posted:

Let it be said again that Slayer is good and viable but jfc does Leap ever need some kind of protection. Getting dinged by random animations in flight is terrible and really difficult to play around. Just tonight I got knocked out of midair by fuckin' troll puke.

Of course most of the time I'm just leaping two feet forward to create a little space and turn on the red mist.

You can block while leaping

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Numbnuts posted:

Yeah theres always 3/2 and always the same spots. I know of two grims in locked chests and they have a key earlier in the level randomly placed in a small ish area.

Convocation of Decay is the room when you first drop out of the sewer.

And then the uh, cant remember the other name but its the lord ghulmagak one. The key is in the cave room with the elevated planks, somewhere in the heap below.

just one pedantic correction, the convocation of decay one is randomly placed somewhere in the room but the one for the festering grounds is always in the same spot

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

your randomly placed in the room

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

fc;uk

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Arghy posted:

I'm so torn, ranger bardin is workable and the bomb drop thing is loving amazing compared to no bomb drops. Slayer bardin is just down right more capable and fun but almost no one gets bombs. I also tried to make handgun ranger work and its loving terrible because you can't body shot a SV on champion with it and when you wanna dump ammo to get that 25% power buff it takes forever where the grudgeraker is super fast.

They need to add dual hammers and throwing hammers/axes for the slayer ASAP. I wanna alt fire an axe/hammer on a 8 second cool down goddamnit--gently caress realism or logic salty has 40 pistols on him bardin can carry a few extra hammers or axes in his pants.

I've been playing a lot of doom dorf ranger, and I think he's very underrated. The grudgeraker is amazing, bombs are super drop more consistently as difficulty increases (more specials = more bombs), and even his smoke bomb is pretty awesome once you get the hang of it. With the time boost, it's 14 seconds of near invulnerability that lets you continue blasting rats, vermin, and even crumping CW's with impunity, because you still have the near full selection of Bardin's awesome melee weapons available to you. Been trying out the 2h axe, and I think I finally found a use for it inside a smoke bomb.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
1) When you swing at 3 rats and crit, do on-crit procs trigger 1 or 3 times?

2) I know Scrounger + Grudgebutt is hot but has anyone successfully used ammo on headshot with Grudge? I'm curious if it's easy to fish out / totally luck into a headshot with shotgun spreads or not.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's 3 times, because I've gotten 6 shells back from a scrounger grudge raker butt.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
My only complaint about Doomdwarf is that every person I've seen playing insists on using the shotgun for EVERYTHING. Even lovely lone clanrats that die in one stab from anyone.

I understand that this is the theme of the build but stop with the memes for a second please. The Grudgeraker is great when poo poo hits the fan with hordes + specials + patrols, but if you don't have enough ammo to go HAM on everything then you'd be better off as virtually any other specialization.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Magitek posted:

My only complaint about Doomdwarf is that every person I've seen playing insists on using the shotgun for EVERYTHING. Even lovely lone clanrats that die in one stab from anyone.

I understand that this is the theme of the build but stop with the memes for a second please. The Grudgeraker is great when poo poo hits the fan with hordes + specials + patrols, but if you don't have enough ammo to go HAM on everything then you'd be better off as virtually any other specialization.

you do when you have scrounger and can buttstroke a horde to get all your ammo back

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Head shots on shotguns only happen when the first pellet that contacts with a rltarget hits the head. You have basically no control over that so do not use headshot procs with shotguns.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I've been playing a lot of doom dorf ranger, and I think he's very underrated. The grudgeraker is amazing, bombs are super drop more consistently as difficulty increases (more specials = more bombs), and even his smoke bomb is pretty awesome once you get the hang of it. With the time boost, it's 14 seconds of near invulnerability that lets you continue blasting rats, vermin, and even crumping CW's with impunity, because you still have the near full selection of Bardin's awesome melee weapons available to you. Been trying out the 2h axe, and I think I finally found a use for it inside a smoke bomb.

Agreed with this - 14 seconds of stealth and and a 2h axe will get a lot of work done. If you're chopping at a horde, you can gain just as much temp HP (if not more) than the temp HP talent would have given you. Not to mention removing the area of effect is incredible. It's a totally different ability once you don't have to worry about dropping out of the cloud.

I only wish bardin's crossbow was more competitive with the shotgun - it's a weapon I really enjoy using but its damage cap @ 600 doesn't one-shot a lot of specials. Maybe I need different %power affixes or something. It feels really lame getting necked when you've specced yourself out to kill specials.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 17, 2018

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

ZearothK posted:

These two games put that average at 290 (same team both games). Which puts it around 9 billion. So yea, a lot of rats regardless.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

How does Saltzpyre compare to the other characters at the moment? Looking at the last few pages of this thread, it seems like most people are gravitating to Bardin and Kruber, with some elfish nonsense and a little bit of Sienna.

It's a shame, because Saltzpyre's :commissar: is the greatest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Saltz is still a great character with no bad weapon options except maybe his zweihander (which is marginal and the flail kind of does its job better, but still usable).