Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Space Battleship Tiramisu is excellent. 4/5 stars. -1 star because it does not seem to involve actual tiramisu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I made a thread for the SAO anime https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3854404

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
If Megalobox's scaling bothers you just start watching all your animes in 480p and it'll look perfectly normal!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

:toot:

quote:

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
Studio 3Hz | Sakoi, Masayuki | Kuroda, Yousuke | Action, Fantasy, Game, Military, Sci-Fi | Light Novel | April 8, 2018
Karen Kohiruimaki always felt out of place in the real world. Due to her extreme height, she found it hard to make friends with other girls her age. Everything changes when she's introduced to VR and Gun Gale Online. In GGO, Karen is free to play the cute, chibi avatar of her dreams! Can Karen find friendship in this bullet-ridden MMO...?
PV
Thread

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also from the bottom of last page:

quote:

Hisone to Maso-tan
Bones | Higuchi, Shinji : Kobayashi, Hiroshi | Okada, Mari | Military, Fantasy | Original | Apr 13, 2018
Straightforward and innocent Hisone Amakasu is a Self-Defense Force rookie stationed at the Air Self-Defense Force's Gifu Base. She was struggling with the fact that she sometimes hurts people unintentionally by her innocent words and decided to join the Air Self-Defense Force, hoping to maintain a certain distance from people. This decision led her to a fateful encounter which profoundly changed her life. It was the "OTF" dragon hidden in the base and it chose Hisone as his pilot. When it soared into the sky with Hisone, her fate as a dragon pilot was decided. It is said that dragons have a key to the future of the world...
PV
Thread

:toot::toot::toot:

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Do we have enough anime-only Hinamatsuri watchers to justify an anime thread? I guess even for us manga readers it might be nice to have a place to talk about the adaptation other than the manga thread or here in the season thread.

I have never made a thread in my 10 years on SA, but if there is demand then I'll give it a shot.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Mentat Radnor posted:

Do we have enough anime-only Hinamatsuri watchers to justify an anime thread? I guess even for us manga readers it might be nice to have a place to talk about the adaptation other than the manga thread or here in the season thread.

I have never made a thread in my 10 years on SA, but if there is demand then I'll give it a shot.

It feels weird not to have one tbh; I didn't want to link the manga thread since there were bound to be spoilers for people just getting into it through the show. I plan on checking out the show, but have no interest in the manga, so I've been keeping clear of the thread.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Julias posted:

It feels weird not to have one tbh; I didn't want to link the manga thread since there were bound to be spoilers for people just getting into it through the show. I plan on checking out the show, but have no interest in the manga, so I've been keeping clear of the thread.

Good point. Alright give me three hours or so and I will try to make a good OP in between doing my laundry and drinking this bottle of Rumplemintz. Gosh it's nice outside!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Ranzear posted:

This was my ten second summary to a friend:
"If Onizuka was Yakuza and rich, and Renge with Mob level psychic powers portalled into his life and started living with him"

Renge is actual a worthwhile human being who is capable of feeling empathy and compassion, though. Hina isn't.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I was prepared for the new Cutie Honey to maybe be bad. I was not prepared for it to be boring. God drat it feels like everyone involved in this show is half-asleep.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i want ppl to know the megalo box director has a beard

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Megalobox is still looking pretty darn good. Hope it can keep it up! Hinamatsuri, though, may be my favorite show so far though. It does a good job of catching the feel of the comic and I think Nitta's VA is a really nice fit.

I can't help but feel that You Don't Know Gunma Yet would be better served by being longer. Maybe 7 or 12 minutes? Still, though, it's amusing and doesn't take that long to watch.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This is probably my favorite season in some time. Hisone, Hinamatsuri, Megalo are great so far and I'm going to keep watching gegege and gundam unless they fall of a cliff or something

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

I made a thread for the Hinamatsuri anime! I hope I did OK.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

You did great!

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Matoi Ryuko posted:

You did great!

Thanks!

Now I can catch up on shows. I'm going to watch Megalobox and the new season of Amanchu.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Server lag/ping would be the big one as the more players you have on the more it would mess with things. It's why shooters tend to have caps for matches that are smaller than open world MMO's

We probably won't see a full scale Action/shooter MMO till most of the internet is on Fibre which won't happen any time soon (in North America)

Japan and Korea have a crazy Internet infrastructure. Watching Korean/Japanese streams of Tekken 7 and seeing the number of 5 bar matches (30 ms or less) is insane. (Even across their pond). So a fictionalized VRMMO with low latency isn't that unbelievable.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Hinamatsuri wasn't on my radar but I'm glad I decided to pick it up.

Megalobox looks great and the second ep has hooked me for sure. (To those who have watched ashita no Joe, is this just a sci fi retelling of the same story?)

First episode of HisoMaso good. The yakult thing was weirdly specific, but if it was product placement that helped fund the production then they at least handled it in a tactful way. Otherwise good episode, didn't mind it being very condensed.

Also loving Amazon finally got Wotakoi uploaded, what a joke of a service. Also: Wotakoi is totally F-R-I-E-N-D-S and not Big Bang Theory.

As others have said, this is a busy season for good poo poo.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Spiritus Nox posted:

I was prepared for the new Cutie Honey to maybe be bad. I was not prepared for it to be boring. God drat it feels like everyone involved in this show is half-asleep.

Yeah, it feels like they have everything that should make it work, but instead it's just going through the motions.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

While nothing has hit Yurucamp or Yorimoi's level yet for me I am watching and liking more shows this season than last. Also the fact Precure, Aikatsu and new Pretty Rhythm shows are all good and I'm watching a lot.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

:toot::toot::toot::toot::toot:

quote:

Hinamatsuri
feel. | Oikawa, Kei | Ohchi, Keiichirou | Comedy, Sci-Fi, Slice of Life, Supernatural | Manga | Apr 6, 2018
One night, a strange object falls on the head of Nitta, a member of the yakuza. Inside the box is a strange young girl named Hina. She has tremendous supernatural powers, and Nitta finds himself reluctantly taking her in. Her powers can come in handy for his yakuza business, but he also runs the risk of her using them on him! Not to mention, if she doesn't use her powers, she will eventually go berserk and destroy everything around her. Nitta and Hina's strange life together is just beginning...
PV
Thread

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

Really tempted to watch because there's a femmey guy called Inspector Jenet

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

DisDisDis posted:

Or you could just watch Re:Cutie Honey and/or Shin Cutie Honey instead :rolldice:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
HisoMaso was extremely good, even though the first seven minutes feel like they crammed an entire episode's worth of plot into a third of an episode by just dropping anything that would normally connect the key scenes together. Fortunately, the rest of the episode was paced perfectly fine.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

genet is a woman and the alter ego of panther jill, sorry. but her evil plan seems to be getting honey to fall in love with her so :shrug:

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

nitta isn't anything like onizuka. i think the only thing they have in common is that they are both blonde.

Paracelsus posted:

Renge is actual a worthwhile human being who is capable of feeling empathy and compassion, though. Hina isn't.

It was a ten second off-the-cuff description using points of reference I knew they would understand. Sue me.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I refuse to believe Renge is capable of empathy.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Thread for Caligula is up. Does not contain any Roman emperors.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/Good_Haro/status/983139550460633088

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Julias posted:

Or you could just watch Re:Cutie Honey and/or Shin Cutie Honey instead :rolldice:

I've seen Re and also the character I'm interested in is original to this show afaik weird post

dogsicle posted:

genet is a woman and the alter ego of panther jill, sorry. but her evil plan seems to be getting honey to fall in love with her so :shrug:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

quote:

Caligula
Satelight | Wada, Junichi | Machida, Touko | Action, Sci-Fi | Game | Apr 8, 2018
Mobius is a perfect digital world for the imagined benefit of humanity by μ, a virtual idol program that attained sentience and self-awareness. Only humans who are suffering in the real world and strongly relate to μ's songs are lured into Mobius. Once they enter, people often forget that the real world exists. Regardless of age or gender, they are turned into students and forced to experience school life over and over, which μ considers "the most radiant time in a person's life."
PV
Thread

:confuoot::confuoot::confuoot:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

dogsicle posted:

That's the only reason I'm going to keep watching tbh

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
#relatable#content

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

iktf

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Mahou Shoujo Ore is a good magical girl series but I'm holding out for the live-action version.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

kater posted:

I refuse to believe Renge is capable of empathy.

She cared about Flatty-san's circumstances.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I thought Tada-kun was more fun this week. I don't know if it's gunna hang in my anime-watching-time considering there are things I want to catch up on as well as current season stuff but I enjoyed the episode

Pin-senpai was a bit of a dummy but I'm curious about how it's going to handle 'Hina' in the future

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wasn't crazy about the first half of this week's Tiramisu, but the second one was great

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
This Umasume is oddly adorable and has really grown on me. I feel so silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
I dropped Caligula but Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi and Uma Musume continue to be delightful. Sleeper of the season for me so far is Fumikiri Jikan, which may be a short but is just wonderful!

• Locked thread