Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Air_Flight_655

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerolinee_Itavia_Flight_870

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siberia_Airlines_Flight_1812

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Willie Tomg posted:

you know you're on the right track when the sexually frustrated and bloodless Brookings weekend warriors call you nazi genocidal fascist assadian filth, and the 3rd Twitter Regiment that the PKK never asked for and would gladly flog with socks full of dubloons IRL call you an imperialist NATO lapdog

It's not easy being an Assadist fascist NATO-loving imperialist PKK terrorist, but it is fun.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
yeah considering that the US aegis system shot down an airliner i'm not sure they have a leg to stand on

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

the great deceiver posted:

so you're giving people poo poo for supporting a victory by assad and the syrian government, fair enough. what exactly is a preferable outcome in syria to you- a rebel victory? at this point in time realistically who do you really consider to be the best possible future for syria? i'm genuinely curious.

Instead of pressing the the war continuing as he currently is he could sue for peace and push for a state with federalism between the ethnic provinces. He could have ended the war years ago this way and still could.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Lets end this war by creating micro states throughout the capital city and just about every major province. Balkanization times 9000

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Bip Roberts posted:

Instead of pressing the the war continuing as he currently is he could sue for peace and push for a state with federalism between the ethnic provinces. He could have ended the war years ago this way and still could.

That's kinda ignoring the fact that at this stage the rebels are pretty much exclusively made up of salafist jihadis that want to exterminate a significant amount of Syrians.

coathat
May 21, 2007

I do like his plan where Assad ended the war years ago and ISIS joins the United States of Syria

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Thug Lessons posted:

It's not easy being an Assadist fascist NATO-loving imperialist PKK terrorist, but it is fun.

you think that’s hard? try supporting isis!

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

it's way too late for that now

that was viable early on in the war when it was still mostly just government forces fighting rebellious locals, but the situation can't be stabilized so easily now that all sorts of armed groups have moved into the combat zone. and the Syrian government really has no reason to compromise now that the Russians are openly backing them

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
well there's still millions of Syrians who will remain permanently displaced with the threat of torture or murder if their return to Assad controlled territory

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Rename Syria to Sumeria and appoint Gilgamesh as it's ruler. The prophecy is foretold

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

I bet Assad would like to go to a Sandals resort right about now. Doing some research on the web, finding some good travel deals.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
gas attack was a false flag conducted by the UK/US and we have no business in Syria bombing our former Russian allies who fought ISIS and Al-Queda. Assad did nothing wrong (there's video of him driving a honda around) and globalists (Luciferians) are itching to bring us into WW3 because they want to implement the NWO and put the anti-christ in power.

and the globalists compromised Trump and now he is their puppet

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
all of this could have been avoided if the Assads hadnt spent made fun of the Erdogans for being a pair of weird bumpkins who just like shopping and praying during their shared family vacation a few years back

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Bip Roberts posted:

theres no way the salafi rebels accept that, they dont want federalization they want sharia.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bip Roberts posted:

well there's still millions of Syrians who will remain permanently displaced with the threat of torture or murder if their return to Assad controlled territory

No government in the world has the time or resources to torture 5.2 million people. Plus, it's not like rebel groups are any less suspicious of "returning refugees" who certainly aren't Assadist spies. Are you thinking people want to go back to Idlib?

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

No government in the world has the time or resources to torture 5.2 million people.

Hm indeed

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

No government in the world has the time or resources to torture 5.2 million people. Plus, it's not like rebel groups are any less suspicious of "returning refugees" who certainly aren't Assadist spies. Are you thinking people want to go back to Idlib?

No, I think he's right. While most of those people will go back, a significant portion are going to stay and seek asylum because they're afraid. It's true the government can't send them all to Sednaya but that's cold comfort to anyone worried about that.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

No government in the world has the time or resources to torture 5.2 million people.

uhhhhhhhh

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

were halfway there

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

were halfway there

childs play

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

were halfway there

Technically correct once again. :smugdog:

Thug Lessons posted:

No, I think he's right. While most of those people will go back, a significant portion are going to stay and seek asylum because they're afraid. It's true the government can't send them all to Sednaya but that's cold comfort to anyone worried about that.

The point is that Balkanizing Syria isn't an inviting situation either. Any way you go, there's going to be a refugee crisis. There's no putting that genie back in the bottle.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The point is that Balkanizing Syria isn't an inviting situation either. Any way you go, there's going to be a refugee crisis. There's no putting that genie back in the bottle.

Syria is balkanized at this very moment and the whole war is a genie stuffing.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

then I guess there’s just gonna be refugees anyway :thunk:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Syria needs to be balkanized in to Syria and one part of Kurdistan

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/MrKyruer/status/986024982919761921
https://twitter.com/MrKyruer/status/986021778899308545
https://twitter.com/MrKyruer/status/985937445479964672

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lol the poo poo rear end jihadists are fighting amongst themselves in idlib again

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

good thing the sdf doesnt treat protests like assad does

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I think what will happen is that Assad will be allowed a kind of nominal victory but all the interested world and regional powers will continue to back their various proxy insurgencies of choice so Syria will more or less remain in a state of conflict for the rest of our lifetimes. That's what I' mcalling

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
is there any reason why everything in syria is a 3 letter acroym?

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

good thing the sdf doesnt treat protests like assad does

the US and their comprador militias already occupy raqqa and the north so there's no need to stage a "revolution" there, good point

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Baloogan posted:

is there any reason why everything in syria is a 3 letter acroym?

why do you mock the good Maoists of the FAP and their enemies in the DIK

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/985980915049431040

former Democracy Now producer bemoaning a recent piece that makes the case for Syrian intervention

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

logikv9 posted:

why do you mock the good Maoists of the FAP and their enemies in the DIK

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
naming my new terrorist group PENIS which I will insist on being spelled out versus spoken as a word

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/985980915049431040

former Democracy Now producer bemoaning a recent piece that makes the case for Syrian intervention

All liberal media is trash, and it's getting to the point where Real News is the only thing worth a drat.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Zas posted:

I think what will happen is that Assad will be allowed a kind of nominal victory but all the interested world and regional powers will continue to back their various proxy insurgencies of choice so Syria will more or less remain in a state of conflict for the rest of our lifetimes. That's what I' mcalling

duh dropping freedom bombs on foreign poors will always be preferable to our government than feeding our own

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Morzhovyye posted:

the US and their comprador militias already occupy raqqa and the north so there's no need to stage a "revolution" there, good point

lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

weve got one boys, an actual tankie freak that prefers assad over actual leftists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
have we got a hoxhaist yet? we're so close to the full set