Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

MysteryNad posted:

Some generic midwest wrestleboxer. Chandler was supposed to rematch Primus for the belt but Primus got hurt and they replaced him with Girtz for some reason despite him losing 3 of his last 4 fights. He's here to make Chandler look good and nothing more.

Seriously though, Girtz isn't the best fighter but he's aggressive and has crappy defense so he's fun to watch. The rubber match he had with Campos was an awesome bloody slugfest, everyone should see it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFqCrfJUFDg

Yeah I remember him getting knocked out by Derek Anderson but I haven't seen any other fights of his. I really wanted to see Chandler destroy Primus and get his revenge but this should be fun.

Baby Slice crushing cans like a frat boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

A "Sins of the father..." mindset is definitely dated to say the least but that won't stop me from hoping AJ McKee loses badly every time he steps in the cage.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
mike chandler:

- is a dreamboat
- rules

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

LobsterMobster posted:

mike chandler:

- is a dreamboat
- rules

Has this Primus rematch fallen through twice now?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/Da1132hVwAAxpEe.mp4
https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/Da0EgS1VMAARMwD.mp4

Pancrase 295 from last night.

Memento fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Apr 16, 2018

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

willie_dee posted:

Years back. Referee apologised to JT immediately after the fight. It’s on a long list of robberies the dude suffered, and it really did a number on him. The ref didn’t realise the punch didn’t land and mistook the takedown attempt for him falling forward. He wasn’t out at all.

Uh, he got put on his rear end. There was no falling forward.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Mr. Nice! posted:

Uh, he got put on his rear end. There was no falling forward.

Uh, I think I am going to believe the guy himself over some jabroni on the internet message board Somethingawful.com who has never had a pro fight in a his life.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

willie_dee posted:

Uh, I think I am going to believe the guy himself over some jabroni on the internet message board Somethingawful.com who has never had a pro fight in a his life.

can we get this framed? 100% perfect post

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
willie also believed JT was ready to fight again.
code:
Odds: +255 (Moderate Underdog) | Weigh-In: 266.0 lbs (120.7 kgs)

Loss | Submission | Choke 
1:33 Round 1 of 3	

Phil De Fries 

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
so the new wsof thing is starting well

https://twitter.com/RyanThomasMMA/status/985873259500572677

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

"where did the money go?" People ask while studiously ignoring the snorting sounds coming from the back.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

kimbo305 posted:

willie also believed JT was ready to fight again.
code:
Odds: +255 (Moderate Underdog) | Weigh-In: 266.0 lbs (120.7 kgs)

Loss | Submission | Choke 
1:33 Round 1 of 3	

Phil De Fries 

I don't know what happened that night, he was genuinely in amazing shape.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

willie_dee posted:

I don't know what happened that night, he was genuinely in amazing shape.

don't know if you saw it, but if you want to get in touch with road try https://twitter.com/HKLiliMMA

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

don't know if you saw it, but if you want to get in touch with road try https://twitter.com/HKLiliMMA

I did dude thanks, JT has done his disappearing act again anyways, I can't put in the effort with him I used to 3 years ago, no more gold JT MMA SA threads from me.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Clearly, Phil De Fries is f'real.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
That prompted me to look at De Fries' wikipedia page, which led me to looking at Brett Rogers' page, which led to

quote:

Rogers was arrested for sexual misconduct after allegedly groping two men in Saint Paul, Minnesota according to criminal complaints obtained from Minnesota Second Judicial District Court. In November 15, 2016 at the George Latimer Central Library, Rogers grabbed the crotch area of a library employee’s pants and penis while riding the elevator. The man reportedly slapped Rogers’ hand away and asked what he was doing. Rogers said nothing to the man and left the elevator as soon as the door opened.[23] In another incident on November 22, 2016, Rogers grabbed a man’s hand and pulled it toward his groin after asking the man if he wanted to go hang out or go to an apartment Rogers lived in.

On January 4, 2017, Rogers asked a man next to his urinal stall to go into another stall for a handjob to be performed on him from Rogers. After the man declined, Rogers grabbed the man's buttocks as he was still using the urinal. The man made a quick exit and later called the police and had a written statement filed.[24]

While at the Ramsey County Jail, a former cellmate also accused Rogers of sexual assault. Rogers allegedly groped his cellmate’s penis through the prison uniform pants twice while the cellmate slept. The cellmate didn’t call for the guards, because he feared Rogers would hurt him, describing Rogers as “the biggest and strongest dude in the jail”. Rogers told jail officers that he tapped the cellmate’s leg, but he didn’t fondle him. Rogers said that when he talks to people, he touches or taps them, referring to it as “a black thing” that they wouldn't understand.
:stonk:

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Ditch posted:

That prompted me to look at De Fries' wikipedia page, which led me to looking at Brett Rogers' page, which led to

I'll always always remember this one of the strangest falls from grace for a pro MMA fighter. Some guys sell drugs or take up acting. Brett Rogers took up bathroom molestation.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

El Roncho posted:

I'll always always remember this one of the strangest falls from grace for a pro MMA fighter. Some guys sell drugs or take up acting. Brett Rogers took up bathroom molestation.

I bought he’d hit rock bottom when he committed domestic violence on Kevin Asplundh’s back porch

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Ditch posted:

LOUIS THEROUX: Georges St. Pierre

BLACK ISRAELITE: Undoubtedly, without question, black!

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Never forget https://youtu.be/u8NB_-4Tiho?t=5m11s

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Tito is apparently in talks with Golden Boy Boxing to get into the MMA game to put Tito vs. Chuck III in front of our eyeballs.

Either that or he's just spinning some bullshit on his instagram for attention.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhpNDMwnpKw/

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

#interesting

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Memento posted:

Tito is apparently in talks with Golden Boy Boxing to get into the MMA game to put Tito vs. Chuck III in front of our eyeballs.

Either that or he's just spinning some bullshit on his instagram for attention.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhpNDMwnpKw/

if this happens anywhere, it'll be for bellator i'd bet. it's right in line with their "strategy". but also i dont think it will actually happen

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Chuck would loving kill Tito. Again. Do we need to see that again?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The answer is always "Yes"

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I do like the idea of millions of dollars worth of hype and fanfare going into the kind of fight that breaks out during the Early Bird Special at Golden Corral.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

if this happens anywhere, it'll be for bellator i'd bet. it's right in line with their "strategy". but also i dont think it will actually happen

the fact that it was rumoured but now Tito is pitching it to other promoters makes me think it might not be their thing after all

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

Captain Log posted:

Chuck would loving kill Tito. Again. Do we need to see that again?

Has Chuck stayed in shape?

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

willie_dee posted:

Yep he posted some pad videos few weeks ago (i cant find them right now) and looked very good

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

One of these days Chuck’s gonna open up Tito like a fish in a microwave. plop.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

willie_dee posted:

stop trying to angle for a fight for JT vs Chuck

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
chuck vs. tito is one of those match ups that's unbelievably lopsided. but maybe chuck's chin is totally 100% shot and tito can land something.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the fact that it was rumoured but now Tito is pitching it to other promoters makes me think it might not be their thing after all

i dont know, the heavyweight grand prix still suggests it is but maybe they can't afford another freakshow fight at the moment. it's just kind of more sad that not even bellator wants them right now. do they already have alternates for the tournament when someone gets injured? i cant remember

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Foul Fowl posted:

chuck vs. tito is one of those match ups that's unbelievably lopsided. but maybe chuck's chin is totally 100% shot and tito can land something.

unfortunately for tito, chuck can put one hand on titos giant head and hold him at arms length

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm really hoping Tito once again sees the need to put together his own press conference.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

i dont know, the heavyweight grand prix still suggests it is but maybe they can't afford another freakshow fight at the moment. it's just kind of more sad that not even bellator wants them right now. do they already have alternates for the tournament when someone gets injured? i cant remember

i think Kongo vs Javy Ayala, also on the Fedor/Mir card is an alternate bout

also, i assume new signee Large Tim Johnson will get fast tracked to the finals if anyone is hurt

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Bundt Cake posted:

unfortunately for tito, chuck can put one hand on titos giant head and hold him at arms length

it would be really nice if chuck got to come back for one more win. but i'm scared that one more win would immediately make whoever book him against a real fighter.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Foul Fowl posted:

it would be really nice if chuck got to come back for one more win. but i'm scared that one more win would immediately make whoever book him against a real fighter.

stuff like this is why there needs to be a MMA Masters Series of fights where older dudes can fight older dudes and not screw up rankings(which are already screwy enough) or hold up belts.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
unless you count gsp, who won the belt, i don't think old guys are really doing anything to the title picture, unless you mean article titles about bellator fighters dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

El Roncho posted:

I'm really hoping Tito once again sees the need to put together his own press conference.

"helwo yadies an' gennlemuns. I'mma real happy to breng you news from Misted Malls Arts."