Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Such Fun posted:

Taylor Swifts lawyers are very busy people, she has a name for being overly litigious. There's a bunch of stories out there where she's suing over things that are really petty for a famous rich white person to care about. Not sure how true any of those stories are, but tumblr has had a long run of dumping on Taylor as an expression of wokeness.

I'm reasonably certain that petty, bullshit lawsuits are a hobby for rich people in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

You gals are fighting over the wrong person. This is the real enemy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/21/elon-musk-brother-kimbal-is-waging-war-on-american-food-system.html

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

turns out millionaires and billionaires are parasites on society and should either be made to pay back their excess or led to the guillotine

this isn't complicated folks

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Such Fun posted:

Taylor Swifts lawyers are very busy people, she has a name for being overly litigious. There's a bunch of stories out there where she's suing over things that are really petty for a famous rich white person to care about. Not sure how true any of those stories are, but tumblr has had a long run of dumping on Taylor as an expression of wokeness.

can you cite some sources? The only lawsuits I've ever heard her being apart of is the counter suit to guy who groped her for 1$ to make him admit to being a pos. The people who sued her over shake it off infringing on their haters gonna hate copy right and when she donated to ke$has legal defense when ke$ha was trying to get out of the contract sony had with her so she didnt have to work with her rapist.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/lafix/status/986033699660713986?s=21

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Memento posted:

35 probes and bans in a 17-month posting career is pretty solid commitment to the cause

I think actually your friend a dog is a teenager or their development stopped there.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

snergle posted:

can you cite some sources? The only lawsuits I've ever heard her being apart of is the counter suit to guy who groped her for 1$ to make him admit to being a pos. The people who sued her over shake it off infringing on their haters gonna hate copy right and when she donated to ke$has legal defense when ke$ha was trying to get out of the contract sony had with her so she didnt have to work with her rapist.

Actually I can not. A quick googling didn’t bring up a whole lot of intresting things. I just remember the narrative being pushed on tumblr a few years ago. Guess it was a pretty insular thing then

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

A side note that when an obvious troll is spanked for being an idiot, y'all don't have to opine on it. As the spankee, I would know. Also:

content

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Where do click OK?? I wanna win

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Alternate headline: CBS Denver Discovers Internet

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
so to back up my claim of taylor swift being a piece of poo poo, let me produce the single worst piece of gentrification ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COMvxYPfFFY

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Why are you guys talking about pop music celebrities as though their overriding interest were anything other than remaining famous and continuing their career? You don't really accidentally become and stay famous over these periods of time, it's not like every day they wake up ready to quit and then stick it out just one more day for the orphans

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm going to be honest with you, if Taylor Swift dies today, I may not even notice. Her parents and friends would be devastated, though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Paladinus posted:

I'm going to be honest with you, if Taylor Swift dies today, I may not even notice. Her parents and friends would be devastated, though.

That's pretty much the same for everyone though. Outside of immediate family, friends, and co-workers who would you notice died if you weren't watching the news or something?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's pretty much the same for everyone though. Outside of immediate family, friends, and co-workers who would you notice died if you weren't watching the news or something?

To this day I'm deeply saddened that Sir Christopher Lee is dead. Taken too early, RIP.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Ah yes, thirteen-year-old me would have been proud. Current day me still gets a giggle out of this kind of thing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Crimson Harvest posted:

Ah yes, thirteen-year-old me would have been proud. Current day me still gets a giggle out of this kind of thing.

I've been running through the first three Fallout games while seriously role-playing* an INT 10 character called BUTT MAN and sometimes during dialogue it's hard for me to get into her mind-set what with all the "Hello my name is BUTT MAN" dialogue choices.

*) Inasmuch as the games allow for it.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Paladinus posted:

:goonsay:

This popular person people like? Can't say I've heard of her!

:goonsay:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerry Cotton posted:

I've been running through the first three Fallout games while seriously role-playing* an INT 10 character called BUTT MAN and sometimes during dialogue it's hard for me to get into her mind-set what with all the "Hello my name is BUTT MAN" dialogue choices.

I named my last New Vegas character Action Jackson, and it's worked out quite well.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Paladinus posted:

To this day I'm deeply saddened that Sir Christopher Lee is dead. Taken too early, RIP.
Yeah, rip Christopher "Great Chuck" Lee. Killing the Saxon man in heaven :angel:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Randaconda posted:

I named my last New Vegas character Action Jackson, and it's worked out quite well.

Axe'Em Jackson is superior to him

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Andre's farts were legendary in the wrestling business.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wObPiiHV4pY

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This is the article that revealed to me that Elon Musk is 46.

I had no idea. He looks and acts like a spoiled kid.

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Pretty much all of my RPG characters are named after the spoof names that the Car Talk guys used to do for their credits. Personal makeup artist Bud Tuggli is a popular choice, or personal hygienist Oteka Shawa are probably my favorites, but there's a ton of them https://www.cartalk.com/content/staff-credits

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Brewmaster posted:

Pretty much all of my RPG characters are named after the spoof names that the Car Talk guys used to do for their credits. Personal makeup artist Bud Tuggli is a popular choice, or personal hygienist Oteka Shawa are probably my favorites, but there's a ton of them https://www.cartalk.com/content/staff-credits

Personally I find they lack the piss rear end of BUTT MAN.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The lack of a comma here makes it read as though Andre believed his prodigious fart made him the new director of the movie

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Pastry of the Year posted:

The lack of a comma here makes it read as though Andre believed his prodigious fart made him the new director of the movie

I mean

Would you tell him no?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Pastry of the Year posted:

Until this post I wasn't aware it could be read any other way. drat

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

:same:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean that's how promotions work in my company

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Until this post I wasn't aware it could be read any other way. drat

And now it’s less funny.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Data Graham posted:

I mean that's how promotions work in my company

I should come work with you, I'd be CEO in a week.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Apparently Andre kept taking the movie's cast out on all night benders they were hungover as hell from while he barely noticed.

Dude literally was the basis of a new calculation for anaesthetic based on body mass from his drinking habits (two bottles of vodka to get buzzed)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Apparently Andre kept taking the movie's cast out on all night benders they were hungover as hell from while he barely noticed.

Dude literally was the basis of a new calculation for anaesthetic based on body mass from his drinking habits (two bottles of vodka to get buzzed)

Like, if anyone hasn't read the stories:

https://www.foxsports.com/wwe/gallery/best-andre-the-giant-drinking-stories-072516

https://drunkard.com/10_06_andre_giant/

Data Graham has a new favorite as of 14:33 on Apr 17, 2018

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Paladinus posted:

I am comforted by the fact that he was awesome in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

The HBO documentary that just came out last week on him is pretty good.